Is there ANYONE who wants MP to stay?

Bad Wolf

Great post. I was brought up on diet of relegation battles that in the main we survived as the club pulled together and fought to save it. The fans supported the team in its hour of need and by god a roaring crowd sparks drive and passion from the team.

the toxic atmosphere directed at individual players is frankly scared and i believe significantly responsible for the grave position we are in.

The shouts of abuse, jeering and booing at Forster, Redmond and Tadic is nothing more than a disgrace. Yes they have been poor but should we not be trying to build their co fidence not shatter it completely.

You reap what you sow and I can see nothing but a relegation team haunted by the pressure to perform in front of a hostile home crowd.

Bring back the days of Dellhurst Park, pulling together and supporting our team including the poor players and helps drive them on.

If you can’t bring yourself to cheer and sing and shout your support then at least stay silent and refrain from the negative barracking of our less popular players.

Post of the week. The mistakes have been made by the board over a number of years. We have been on a downward trend that has recently accelerated. We may just escape relegation (17th, yes please!), we may well go down. But, let's not dodge the issue by making the manager a scapegoat.

The position we are in is due to complacency over a number of years. A failure to heed the warnings due to arrogance. The club has not learnt from 2004-05, they will have to learn again. Hopefully, we won't take our PL status for granted in the future.

Sure, I think he should stay. Even if we were in the relegation places. I don't think he's a very good manager, but it seems to me that he's nowhere near as bad as you lot make out. There are red lines for me like fragging your own players, punitive benchings, constant rows with players, etc. MP hasn't done any of that.

I wish the results were better but I don't blame him for the poisonous atmosphere at the club. As far as I'm concerned, that's mostly on you lot. Well, that and the economic reality that we are always going to have talent poached. But no, I basically think the poor results are down to a drop in form in the players who have been around about 3 seasons now, who are rightly feeling pretty jaded now that their very good work of the past two or three seasons has not been rewarded with either a) a move into "elite money" or b) genuine support from the fans.

I have very little faith in the notion that "the dressing room" got rid of Claude Puel. It's certain though that the toxicity of the fans at the tail end of last season played a huge part. After losing MP1 and Koeman, everything was always going to be on a precipice with regard to any sense of stability at the club. The toxic fans pushed everything right off the cliff, and for what? I am not joking when I say that I see parallels between the club's fortunes and the Brexit situation. Not just because of Puel's regrettable accent, either.

So yes, I would rather see the team finish 17th with MP than see him sacked right now. If I felt 99% certain that another manager would make the difference in safety or relegation, I would grudgingly say, okay, fire the guy; but there is very little evidence of that actually working and it's all unknowable insofar as you'll never know what results the team would have had under Pellegrino to close out the season.

The problem is: fans (and I speak of other clubs here, not SFC) think they're heroes for getting someone sacked when a new coach brings some life into the side, but never, ever feel any sense of regret or shame when the next guy does squat, or worse. Which is every bit as likely to happen. Meanwhile, the atmosphere at the club becomes ever-more toxic. It seems to me like the moaners who got Puel fired, rather than taking some pleasure from what the team did accomplish in 2014-2017, are just out for a repeat of the power trip they got from running the frenchman out of town.

Personally I think there's a lot that Pellegrino is getting wrong, particularly the timing of substitutions. But I also recognize that he has far more to consider than I, or any fan, does. To name just one thing, he knows far more about the capabilities of, and the fitness levels of various players than the fans do, or ever will.

And you know what? Managers are *by definition* going to make a lot of mistakes. It's impossible not to! Players are going to have good games, bad games, good weeks, bad weeks, good seasons, bad seasons. Nobody in the club or locker room seems like they're making a deliberate choice to try and ruin the team, which is more than i can say for a lot of the people on this forum.

So, no thanks. Pellegrino in. You had a good manager, and blew it. Reap the reward.

Brexit bingo alert. Warning: this post may contain unhinged nonsequiturs and apples and pears comparisons.

So the problem lies with the toxic atmosphere? The ungrateful fans are what dunnit: they forced Reed’s hand and got Puel fired; they’re even responsible for the drop off in form and the unprofessionalism of our star players. Usually the more swivel-eyed the claim, the greater the onus to provide a thing called evidence pal.

Of course you do a good enough job of demolishing your own argument -simultaneously claiming that certain players are jaded because didn’t get their big money moves which has nothing to do with the fans. Why they are ‘rightly’ jaded is left unexplained: how is it ever right to act unprofessionally and throw your toys out of the pram?

And which players are you referring to: Bertrand? Tadic who was blowing hot and cold, even under Koeman? They alone account for our poor results, the inconsistent performances, the baffling team selections, the holes in the squad - a couple of players whose motives and minds you have a unique window on?

If all else fails, blame the fans.

Let’s be clear, even if your fevered little fantasy was true, there is nothing particularly toxic about the atmosphere. Frustrated and reactive possibly but nothing that comes close to toxic.

I also can’t tell whether you actually rate Pellegrino or you are more obsessed with fellow fans that you see Pellegrino as just deserts, some kind of biblical curse visited upon our fans for writing angry letters. It’s odd either way.

I didn’t expect to wake up on Sunday morning and find a pile of steaming turd on my digital doorstep. Well done.

Edited by shurlock

Just a few little facts to consider as the tension mounts :

5 out of the last 6 teams to be relegated changed their manager during the season and the bottom 3 at the moment (Swansea, WBA & Stoke) have already done the same !

Does make you wonder if sacking the manager is really the best solution ????

Brexit bingo alert. Warning: this post may contain unhinged nonsequiturs and apples and pears comparisons.

So the problem lies with the toxic atmosphere? The ungrateful fans are what dunnit: they forced Reed’s hand and got Puel fired; they’re even responsible for the drop off in form and the unprofessionalism of our star players. Usually the more swivel-eyed the claim, the greater the onus to provide a thing called evidence pal.

Of course you do a good enough job of demolishing your own argument -simultaneously claiming that the players are jaded because didn’t get their big money moves which has nothing to do with the fans. Why they are ‘rightly’ jaded is left unexplained: how is it ever right to act unprofessionally and throw your toys out of the pram?

And which players are you referring to: Bertrand? Tadic who was blowing hot and cold, even under Koeman? They alone account for our poor results, the inconsistent performances, the baffling team selections, the holes in the squad - a couple of players whose motives and minds you have a unique window on?

Let’s be clear, even if your fevered little fantasy was true, there is nothing particularly toxic about the atmosphere. Frustrated and reactive possibly but nothing that comes close to toxic.

I also can’t tell whether you actually rate Pellegrino or you are more obsessed with fellow fans that you see Pellegrino as just deserts, some kind of biblical curse visited upon our fans for writing angry letters. It’s odd either way.

I didn’t expect to wake up on Sunday morning and find a pile of steaming turd on my digital doorstep. Well done.

Toxic lololololololol its comical and written by someone who hasnt been to a game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sure, I think he should stay. Even if we were in the relegation places. I don't think he's a very good manager, but it seems to me that he's nowhere near as bad as you lot make out. There are red lines for me like fragging your own players, punitive benchings, constant rows with players, etc. MP hasn't done any of that.

I wish the results were better but I don't blame him for the poisonous atmosphere at the club. As far as I'm concerned, that's mostly on you lot. Well, that and the economic reality that we are always going to have talent poached. But no, I basically think the poor results are down to a drop in form in the players who have been around about 3 seasons now, who are rightly feeling pretty jaded now that their very good work of the past two or three seasons has not been rewarded with either a) a move into "elite money" or b) genuine support from the fans.

I have very little faith in the notion that "the dressing room" got rid of Claude Puel. It's certain though that the toxicity of the fans at the tail end of last season played a huge part. After losing MP1 and Koeman, everything was always going to be on a precipice with regard to any sense of stability at the club. The toxic fans pushed everything right off the cliff, and for what? I am not joking when I say that I see parallels between the club's fortunes and the Brexit situation. Not just because of Puel's regrettable accent, either.

So yes, I would rather see the team finish 17th with MP than see him sacked right now. If I felt 99% certain that another manager would make the difference in safety or relegation, I would grudgingly say, okay, fire the guy; but there is very little evidence of that actually working and it's all unknowable insofar as you'll never know what results the team would have had under Pellegrino to close out the season.

The problem is: fans (and I speak of other clubs here, not SFC) think they're heroes for getting someone sacked when a new coach brings some life into the side, but never, ever feel any sense of regret or shame when the next guy does squat, or worse. Which is every bit as likely to happen. Meanwhile, the atmosphere at the club becomes ever-more toxic. It seems to me like the moaners who got Puel fired, rather than taking some pleasure from what the team did accomplish in 2014-2017, are just out for a repeat of the power trip they got from running the frenchman out of town.

Personally I think there's a lot that Pellegrino is getting wrong, particularly the timing of substitutions. But I also recognize that he has far more to consider than I, or any fan, does. To name just one thing, he knows far more about the capabilities of, and the fitness levels of various players than the fans do, or ever will.

And you know what? Managers are *by definition* going to make a lot of mistakes. It's impossible not to! Players are going to have good games, bad games, good weeks, bad weeks, good seasons, bad seasons. Nobody in the club or locker room seems like they're making a deliberate choice to try and ruin the team, which is more than i can say for a lot of the people on this forum.

So, no thanks. Pellegrino in. You had a good manager, and blew it. Reap the reward.

Locker room? Ralph, is that you?

And you can stick the opinion of "it's the fans fault" up your arse. When you do every game and spend a fortune doing it, you can start blaming us.

I try so hard to see something positive to grasp hold off and believe that the board know what they are doing BUT every bone in my body tells me they have royally screwed this up big time.

1/ Sticking with a manager who is clearly for everyone to see Inept

2/ Having no real replacements or new blood lined up (MP statement about Walcott last night was frankly depressing)

3/ Heading straight for the Championship yet the board, the manager and the players seem to not care less.

4/ A new owner that either has no cash to inject or seems to have been suckered into believing whatever dear old Ralph is telling him!

Depressed!

Toxic lololololololol its comical and written by someone who hasnt been to a game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Exactly.

When I think of toxic, I think of games like the 2-1 defeat at home to Doncaster in our relegation season in the championship. Fights between fellow fans kicking off around the ground, fans trying to make their way to the directors box. Great memories!

Edited by shurlock

Of course you do a good enough job of demolishing your own argument -simultaneously claiming that certain players are jaded because didn’t get their big money moves which has nothing to do with the fans. Why they are ‘rightly’ jaded is left unexplained: how is it ever right to act unprofessionally and throw your toys out of the pram?

Very well put, Shurlock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This season I would only except the return of Koeman, who

Knows the ‘Southampton Way’.

MP is clearly learning on the job and this will take time. He needs to learn faster and learn from his mistakes, not allow them to happen again and again. He is fresh and against the elite coaches, seemingly naive.

I believe MP can be an elite coach, but his head on the line and there really is so much at stake on a young coaches shoulders.

I for one hope he succeeds, because his success is our success.

I hope he have strong shoulders and unquestionably belief in himself.

Exactly.

When I think of toxic, I think of games like the 2-1 defeat at home to Doncaster in our relegation season in the championship. Fights between fellow fans kicking off around the ground, fans trying to make their way to the directors box. Great memories!

Not my finest hour haha

A load of ********, you are re-writing history, there were a handful chanting at the back of the Northam and a little bit of booing last season - a million miles from being toxic. The board sacked Puel because the football was dull and ST sales were ****e, Les Reed ****ed up because he thought the squad was better than it was so failed to strengthen enough as well as making a poor change of manager.

Spot on...Some fans live in cuckoo land and as for this manager he has the worst win rate ever!!!! Why do some fans not see this?

Yes, because I don't see the point in sacking Pellegrino, the same as I didn't see any advantage in sacking Puel, when Les Reed is going to be appointing and controlling the next manager as well, who would, therefore, probably not be any improvement on the current one. A quick succession of managers, who are much of a muchness, will just cost the club more money in compensation and when we are relegated make us look even more foolish.

I note that Pellegrino has said he has to 'fight for his ideas'. The poor bloke is probably suffering from even more interference from Reed in team affairs than Puel did, so it is perhaps unfair to judge him when Reed is dictating what he can and can't do. It is very difficult to fight against someone who has just appointed you and who has the power to sack you and even Koeman finally gave up that fight. Pellegrino also has the weakest squad of any Saints manager since we returned to the top flight, now weak in defence as well as attack. At least Puel had Fonte and van Dijk for some of the time he was here, while Koeman also had Wanyama, Mane and Pelle.

After Reed has gone will be the only time it will make any real sense to appoint a new manager. As I've said many times before, I'd like to see us go all out to get our 'black box' Paul Mitchell back to replace Reed as I believe Mitchell will, once again, find us outstanding managers and players, the same as he did before. In the meantime, I wish Pellegrino all the best in his fight to keep us up and really hope he can succeed against all odds.

Sacking Reed will address the root cause of our problems; sacking Pellegrino won't.

MP is clearly learning on the job and this will take time. He needs to learn faster and learn from his mistakes, not allow them to happen again and again. He is fresh and against the elite coaches, seemingly naive.

I believe MP can be an elite coach, but his head on the line and there really is so much at stake on a young coaches shoulders.

The problem is, he has had 22 league games and seems to have learnt nothing. His unquestionable belief in himself seems to be manifesting as doing the same thing over and over again, despite it not working.

I think Les Reed needs to take a backseat let the manager handle team setup and transfer incomings.... Pellegrino keep as a coach or assistant but get somebody in with a bit of fire and passion. Slate me all you want I would go for somebody like Van Gaal / Pellgrini or get Koeman back. We need a experience head. We may have a gem in Pellgrino he may come right in the end. If we risk giving him time we face the possibility of relegation, asset strip and back to square on. What we need is the board to do the right thing realise we are in a mess pull the trigger and get the new man in now!

I've never been one to advocate the premature sacking of a manager. For nearly every manager we have ever sacked I have always seen the argument for sticking by them, even if at times I didn't necessarily agree. On this occasion, there has been absolutely no redeeming features of his tenure with us. No evident game plan or style of football that will "come good" once the players adapt to the system. No flashes of tactical brilliance that have won us unexpected points (the draw with Man Utd was more through luck than judgement. They missed a hatful of clear cut chances). No improvements in any player performances at all. In fact, quite the opposite - players have regressed under his leadership. The players appear unmotivated.

Sacking the manager would of course be a gamble and there is no guarantee it would produce an improvement in results but there is absolutely no evidence that keeping him is going to produce an upturn in fortunes all of a sudden either.

Agreed

I won't be buying another season ticket until both of these two have gone no matter who the manager is !

Have a couple mates who are same. Few posts on Facebook seem to encourage this too as we simply aren't being listened too.

Reed and Ralph will vanish into the night once we are relegated. Bags of cash paid for complete incompetence

It is the boards fault, team is full of back up mid table premier league players especially in the defence.

McQueen and Peid are not good enough period, anyone that thinks otherwise please explain to me why.

Stephens and Yoshida both do good things during a game but neither can mark very well, look at Hoedt moaning at Yoshi vs Man U, watch league cup final, watch Palace game again.

Forster has been poor and cost us goals and points this season.

All of the above mean the squad is probably a 10th-12th place side with luck on very few or little injuries to players like Hoedt, Bertrand, Cedric and probably Austin.

It is the boards fault, team is full of back up mid table premier league players especially in the defence.

McQueen and Peid are not good enough period, anyone that thinks otherwise please explain to me why .

This is just ****ing nonsense. For one Pied & McQueen aren’t even in the “team” . How many starts have they made. If you’re going to list full backs, why not list the first choice, Bertrand & Cedric? They’re top 6 players, with full backs at that level the board need congratulating. Of course you have to name Pied & Mcqueen because listing our first choice pair undermines the pony you’re spouting .

And hopefully Wigley and Gray will become good managers one day too.

Yes, because I don't see the point in sacking Pellegrino, the same as I didn't see any advantage in sacking Puel, when Les Reed is going to be appointing and controlling the next manager as well, who would, therefore, probably not be any improvement on the current one. A quick succession of managers, who are much of a muchness, will just cost the club more money in compensation and when we are relegated make us look even more foolish.

I note that Pellegrino has said he has to 'fight for his ideas'. The poor bloke is probably suffering from even more interference from Reed in team affairs than Puel did, so it is perhaps unfair to judge him when Reed is dictating what he can and can't do. It is very difficult to fight against someone who has just appointed you and who has the power to sack you and even Koeman finally gave up that fight. Pellegrino also has the weakest squad of any Saints manager since we returned to the top flight, now weak in defence as well as attack. At least Puel had Fonte and van Dijk for some of the time he was here, while Koeman also had Wanyama, Mane and Pelle.

After Reed has gone will be the only time it will make any real sense to appoint a new manager. As I've said many times before, I'd like to see us go all out to get our 'black box' Paul Mitchell back to replace Reed as I believe Mitchell will, once again, find us outstanding managers and players, the same as he did before. In the meantime, I wish Pellegrino all the best in his fight to keep us up and really hope he can succeed against all odds.

Sacking Reed will address the root cause of our problems; sacking Pellegrino won't.

Err, no. It's much stronger than the one Puel had for most of the season (not to mention the injuries he had to contend with).

Feel sorry for him in a way, nobody would have been able to save us from relegation following the absolute mess Puel left this squad in. He isn't showing promise though, and hasn't improved anything that Puel destroyed which is worrying. Probably deserves to stay just as an apology to him for having to manage the clusterf*ck that is an ex-Puel squad.

missed-smallie-gif.gif

missed-smallie-gif.gif

Hes right though!

Pellegrino took over a side that had won just once in the final 10 games, contrast that to the side Puel inherited which had won 8 of the last 10 games.

Unfortunately the summer doesn't just reset motivation, confidence and expectation.

Pellegrino inherited a squad very very low on morale with a number wanting exits

Hes right though!

Pellegrino took over a side that had won just once in the final 10 games, contrast that to the side Puel inherited which had won 8 of the last 10 games.

Unfortunately the summer doesn't just reset motivation, confidence and expectation.

Pellegrino inherited a squad very very low on morale with a number wanting exits

Except some managers seem to turn round motivation within a week of arrival. I think there is some truth that there are added problems that go beyond the manager. Maybe Pellegrino under normal circumstances would be good enough to lead us to 16th in the table instead of the 19th or 20th we're heading for. But without any 'clouds' or backstage issues, 16th wouldn't exactly be good enough for our squad would it?

Any problems we have which were purely down to the manager can largely be fixed by the new one. Perhaps losing our upward momentum last season meant a few of the players lost belief that we could break into that top group and hence demotivation set in, but does anyone really think players like van Dijk and Bertrand would be happy to turn down top 6 clubs to stay with us under any circumstances?

Very weird post. Pellegrino will never be an elite coach.

I haven't seen any realistic or good replacement suggestions so I don't see the point in sacking the bloke just to appease our mongo fanbase.

Let's take a quick look at the front runners for the Stoke job. Obviously this isn't an exhaustive list because we all know the fabled black box is always planning for managerial changes and we track every manager of every team in the whole world so we can never be caught out.

This is obviously just my opinion...

Martin O'Neill - good long term appointment? No. Would he do better than Pellegrino? Yes. Would we stay up? Probably.

Gary Rowett - good long term appointment? Yes. Would he do better than Pellegrino? Yes. Would we stay up? Yes.

Slaven Bilic - good long term appointment? No. Would he do better than Pellegrino? Yes. Would we stay up? Not sure, I'd say yes.

Michael O'Neill - good long term appointment? Maybe. Would he do better than Pellegrino? Yes. Would we stay up? Not sure.

Steve McClaren - good long term appointment? No. Would he do better than Pellegrino? Doubtful. Would we stay up? No.

Garry Monk - good long term appointment? No. Would he do better than Pellegrino? Doubtful. Would we stay up? No.

Graham Potter - good long term appointment? Yes. Would he do better than Pellegrino? Yes. Would we stay up? Not sure, I'd say yes.

Nigel Pearson - good long term appointment? Not sure. Would he do better than Pellegrino? Yes. Would we stay up? Probably.

Ryan Giggs - good long term appointment? No. Would he do better than Pellegrino? No. Would we stay up? No.

Slavisa Jokanovic - good long term appointment? Yes. Would he do better than Pellegrino? Yes. Would we stay up? Not sure, I'd say yes.

Mark Hughes (subbed in for Koeman) - good long term appointment? No. Would he do better than Pellegrino? Yes. Would we stay up? Not sure, I'd say yes.

So it's not a phenomenally good list, but simply by taking a bogstandard list of candidates for the Stoke job, I can see several names I think would at least give us a chance of staying up. Not many I'd be chuffed with, admittedly, but I'm surprised you haven't seen ANY realistic or good replacement suggestions.

Fact of the matter is he isn't getting the boot,I would rather see him be given the funds to bring in the players he wants to play in the style he wants,granted he hasn't had a great start but he has inherited a talented bunch of individuals that do not seem to be able to play together.maybe if he brings in players that will fit his way of playing that have a understanding of him as a manager then maybe we would see better results?

Tadic/Boufal/Redmond have been awful this season and we can all agree with that,they were also pretty poor last season under Puel so maybe the problem lies with the players just as much as the manager,if you are playing one up top you need service from the wingers and the midfield we do not offer any of the strikers any of that with the players we have.

This is why it might be time to sack off the "black box" and let the manager pick the players to improve us rather than Les Reeds magic stat box.

This is just ****ing nonsense. For one Pied & McQueen aren’t even in the “team” . How many starts have they made. If you’re going to list full backs, why not list the first choice, Bertrand & Cedric? They’re top 6 players, with full backs at that level the board need congratulating. Of course you have to name Pied & Mcqueen because listing our first choice pair undermines the pony you’re spouting .

With your adulation for Les, Ralph and Kat and your hatred of Saints fans, you really appear to have been brainwashed and it's turned you into a very bitter person.

I agree. This guy seems like a deluxe ALWAYS_SFC; everything is the fans fault, we're all terrible (except him) and we deserve to be relegated.

If it really was down to the fans MP would never have survived that Leicester result. The fact is Puel play some pretty poor football which seemed to get worse as the season went on. MP trying to defend a 1-0 lead against teams like Palace, Udders and Fulham is no different to Puel playing for a 0-0 against Stoke, Hull, Bournemouth and Be'er Sheva.

That is the line being spouted by the the Reedite cultists nowadays. They seem to be trying very hard to convince themselves that only people who worship the board of directors and owners and hate the players and fans are 'true Saints fans'.

Fact of the matter is he isn't getting the boot,I would rather see him be given the funds to bring in the players he wants to play in the style he wants,granted he hasn't had a great start but he has inherited a talented bunch of individuals that do not seem to be able to play together.maybe if he brings in players that will fit his way of playing that have a understanding of him as a manager then maybe we would see better results?

Tadic/Boufal/Redmond have been awful this season and we can all agree with that,they were also pretty poor last season under Puel so maybe the problem lies with the players just as much as the manager,if you are playing one up top you need service from the wingers and the midfield we do not offer any of the strikers any of that with the players we have.

This is why it might be time to sack off the "black box" and let the manager pick the players to improve us rather than Les Reeds magic stat box.

I don’t think it’s a fact he’s not being given the boot. If it was we wouldn’t be talking to agents of other managers (which is a fact) and have actually spoken to at least one manager in person (again a fact).

What I don’t expect is for him to be sacked without the “right” person being lined up.

Truth is that could mean he stays, but these things take time so we’ll have to wait and see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think it’s a fact he’s not being given the boot. If it was we wouldn’t be talking to agents of other managers (which is a fact) and have actually spoken to at least one manager in person (again a fact).

What I don’t expect is for him to be sacked without the “right” person being lined up.

Truth is that could mean he stays, but these things take time so we’ll have to wait and see

Thanks for update, Eric. Appreciated.

If the club are prepared to back him with quality players that fit the style he wants to play, then I would give him that opportunity.

However, if we are really in the mire come March then I think he will need to be replaced.

thanks for that bit of hope Eric

thanks for that bit of hope Eric

Who knows if it's hope or not to be honest? All i know are those little facts, it could just be contingency management from Saints, it could be that we're trying to change. I don't want to get people's hopes up when i don't know the full story.

Any names you can share, eric? Assuming that anyone we have spoken to are currently out of work.

Positive news nevertheless, and hopefully with Stoke now pulling the trigger (assuming they'd be looking at roughly the same as us... perhaps VFTT could confirm?), it will force our hand. Agree with the clubs tactics in not sacking MP until we have someone lined up.

It's a shame (bad management) that we have left it this long to explore other targets. If it takes 3 weeks to find a replacement, that could be us all but relegated. It's been clear that MP isn't up to the task for some time now.

Edited by SKD

Any names you can share, eric? Assuming that anyone we have spoken to are currently out of work.

Positive news nevertheless, and hopefully with Stoke now pulling the trigger (assuming they'd be looking at roughly the same as us... perhaps VFTT could confirm?), it will force our hand. Agree with the clubs tactics in not sacking MP until we have someone lined up.

It's a shame (bad management) that we have left it this long to explore other targets. If it takes 3 weeks to find a replacement, that could be us all but relegated. It's been clear that MP isn't up to the task for some time now.

Don't feel comfortable sharing mate sorry, i don't know how many they've spoken too and as you know the club are known for putting names out to catch leaks.

Don't feel comfortable sharing mate sorry, i don't know how many they've spoken too and as you know the club are known for putting names out to catch leaks.
What if you've been told the fact that we have spoken to a manager to catch a leak?!

Or are we disappearing doen the rabbit hole now?

but these things take time so we’ll have to wait and see

Everything takes time, that’s the default excuse for the incompetent. Our January and early Feb fixtures may well be the difference between staying up or going down - looks like we are doing our best to **** those up already.