Watford v Saints Build-up

SuperSAINT

So here we go again. I see they won 3-0 which replenishes their confidence prior to playing us.

We need a right-back to get fit ASAP.

Not particularly optimistic as I remember the defeat to them @ St Mary's being a performance that really set the tone for us being so sh*te.

Watford have been patchy in the PL lately and seem a little out of sorts. This is a winnable away game.

Yeah, but is it though? I mean, assuming we even score, we'll just regress back into our own half and invite tons of pressure onto ourselves.

................McCarthy..................

Stephens.Hoedt.Yoshida.Bertrand

................Romeu.....................

......Lemina.........Höjbjerg..........

JWP(Tadic)...................Boufal....

..................Long......................

Do not start with Davis and/or Redmond. If Lemina can't play, play JWP in his place and Tadic RW. If Cedric or Pied can play play one of them and swap Stephens with Yoshida or Hoedt(if he isn't fit enough).

For me this is the start of a four game run that will determine if we stay up. I think we need to target seven points from Watford, Spurs, Brighton and WBA. There is no evidence in our form that we will get them but I think it is what we need given nightmare run in to come.

Watford have not been anything like the side that they were in the first three months of the year and I think we will get something there, hopefully a win but a draw if not. They are five points ahead of us and we can’t allow them to go eight points clear.

In a depressing situation the only thing that is keeping me with some hope is that, right now, there are eleven teams in the battle. But lose on Saturday and I think that reduces to ten and Watford look safe

I think we need to target seven points from Watford, Spurs, Brighton and WBA.

I reckon the club will realistically target 5 - draws (at best) at Watford/WBA, beat Brighton, lose to Spurs.

Another big away following that will be in Pellegrino's right ear again the moment we sit back/poor subs.

Bit surprised we haven't revived the old 70s classic chant Attack, Attack, Attack-Attack-Attack!" Simple, yet effective...and very good advice.

Not confident. The one thing i don't particularly want to see is a draw, which would neither particularly help our position & likely drag out the managerial situation.

Mccarthy

Cedric Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

Lemina Romeu Hojberg

Tadic Long Boufal

Subs

Forster, Yoshida, Davis, Hesketh, JWP, Mcqueen, Gabbi

If Cedric isn't ready, Yoshida in with Stephens moving across.

Redmond needs some time out. He's doing nothing on the pitch and he's just a lightning rod for vocal fan unhappiness. Give Sims/Hesketh/Mcqueen a chance on the bench instead

Tough game, but who knows what will happen over the next few days with new signings etc.

They’ve had poor home results with defeats to Huddersfield and Swansea , but I just can’t see us doing enough and remain convinced MP will organise the team in such a way we’ll still manage to lose even if we take the lead.

Tadic needs to play. Don't get the hate he receives recently. He is a creator, one of the very few we have who can make a killer last pass. Doesn't score goals but absolutely needs to play, preferably centrally, so we can have some nice passing link up play.

I get that his body language suggests he doesn't work but compared to two years ago he puts in a real shift (at least a number of games I've watched) and isn't too selfish with the ball. Prefer him to Redmond, Davis, JWP any day for that central #10 role.

We will loss by 1:0 or 2:1

1:0: Watford score a goal in the first half and we fight back in the 2nd half by throwing all the toys. However, we cannot score any.

2:1: We are lucky to score a goal by Long or JWP or Tadic. We sit back in the 2nd half and finally, we leak two goals at the end.

---------------McCarthy------------------

Stephens--Hoedt---Yoshida---Bertrand

----------Lemina------Hojbjerg----------

--JWP----------Tadic----------Boufal----

----------------Long----------------------

Romeu and Hojbjerg together is just too defensive for our midfield. That's one of our weaknesses.

Watford's form is terrible, ours isn't much better.

Player for player we have a better squad, although, IMO, their forwards are probably slightly better so are more likely to score. For me, they have the better manager, will that be the difference?

A must win and a game we should be winning. So i'm going to go for 1-1 draw.

They absolutely ran amok against our feeble midfield in the reverse fixture.

Watford had pace and power, which horribly exposed the limitations of Davis and Ward-Prowse on the day, and their speed on the counter attack left Romeu slowly chugging after shadows. It was embarrassing at times.

If the manager goes with that combination in the middle of the park again, he should be sacked before kick off.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

We need to rethink how we line up for these types of games - a more front footed midfield is needed. I'm f'cked off with this crappy defensive minded play. Put the f'ing pressure on to the other side.

---------------- McCarthy ------------------

-- Pied -- Stephens -- Hoedt -- Bertrand --

---------------- Romeu ------------------

---- Lemina ------------- Hojbjerg ---

--- Boufal --- Gabbi --- Tadic ---

We need to rethink how we line up for these types of games - a more front footed midfield is needed. I'm f'cked off with this crappy defensive minded play. Put the f'ing pressure on to the other side.

I like your line up......Pellegrino won't select such a side, but I think you are right.

I Could see that team winning 3-1. We will most likely lose 2-0. If so, The board have to sack Pellegrino. Even amongst his few supporters on here, a cup run was held up as a reason to keep Pellegrino around. If we lose to Watford in both league games, once during their dodgy patch, then we won't beat them in the league. No point in prolonging his tenure after that point.

You can guarantee Yoshida, JWP, Davis and Redmond will be there or thereabouts so it's best to not even bother trying to second guess.

Putting Lemina, Romeu and Hojbjerg in the same midfield isn't the way to be more attacking. I say take Romeu out given Hojbjerg's excellent form and play him alongside Lemina.

---------------McCarthy------------------

Stephens--Hoedt---Yoshida---Bertrand

----------Lemina------Hojbjerg---------

--JWP---------Tadic----------Boufal----

-------------Gabbiadini------------------

Tbh I can't see us beating anyone atm let alone Watford until Perilgrino goes.

This. Reality check - we are 20th out of 20 in the PL form table based on the last six matches, Watford are 18th - the difference being they have actually won a game.

I will be the first to admit I'm wrong if MP turns from muppet into magician - as the board obviously think he will - but I've seen to nothing to suggest he knows how to get the best out of players or the tactical nous to better opponents. He has not changed his defensive 1-striker up front strategy all season - even at home against lower half teams - at least not until we're losing and he has to throw caution to the wind. If we do manage to squeak a goal we retreat to defend, inviting pressure on an inadequate defence. I haven't heard a single player come to his defence. The VVD cloud is a pathetic catchall excuse for the board, in a last ditch attempt to save face and/or money.

He's had time to influence the players - the results, and more telling - the performances, say it all. 20th out of 20.

We are going down with this manager...in his own language he is 'hard to digest'. At this point I hold the board accountable for not acting earlier - think they've left it too late to salvage now.

Would be delighted to be wrong.

after fulham game:

"I am not upset. I think the fans are with us and the team and were great from beginning until the end and I cannot complain about anything.

"I understand when the fans have their opinions, but when I am doing something I am thinking about my team and my players and not the fans."

after fulham game:

"I am not upset. I think the fans are with us and the team and were great from beginning until the end and I cannot complain about anything.

"I understand when the fans have their opinions, but when I am doing something I am thinking about my team and my players and not the fans."

Utterly delusional.

3:1 loss from 1 up at half time.

Manager sets up to defend and we concede the equalizer after 65 minutes, Long misses a sitter at 1:1 and the players heads drop and we let in two late Deeney goals as he batters Stephens and Yoshida in the air.

Mope says we have to lean to control games better when in this league. We drop into the bottom 3.

3:1 loss from 1 up at half time.

Manager sets up to defend and we concede the equalizer after 65 minutes, Long misses a sitter at 1:1 and the players heads drop and we let in two late Deeney goals as he batters Stephens and Yoshida in the air.

Mope says we have to lean to control games better when in this league. We drop into the bottom 3.

It's very sad that we are that predictable.

nothing wrong with our squad then

Squad is not brilliant and needs strengthening obviously, but the manager has got us playing relegation football and we are better than that at least.

No confidence, wrong team selections, wrong substitutions, pretty much wrong everything. Although I am not there in the dressing room, he does not give me the impression that he is a motivator or a kick up the arse type manager.

I repeat, there is not one club in the prem whom I am confident we would beat atm.