Watford v Saints Build-up

SuperSAINT

We will start brightly, maybe even take the lead. At that point we will sit back and the more tactically astute opposition manager (there are 19 of these in the league) will change something and we’ll concede.

Of course, it’s always possible he’ll outthink Pellegrino from the start.

We will start brightly, maybe even take the lead. At that point we will sit back and the more tactically astute opposition manager (there are 19 of these in the league) will change something and we’ll concede.

This, sadly, is spot on. Shame that Les has nailed his colours to the goon’s mask in the press. Fans seem a bit tetchy in the pub near the ground. There will be some vitriol directed at MP.

I would think the tea lady will out think Pellegrino.

In fact, anyone capable of thought probably would.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If we score our first goal on 85 minutes, we’ll be OK. The trick is to not score too early so the oppo manager doesn’t have time to effectively change things.

Why? Will that change all his decisions and results at Southampton in the past?

Are Watford and Leicester directly comparable jobs with the same squads, set up and expectations?

I thought it was obvious but that comment was a joke. Where Leicester finish is irrelevant to me.

I can sort of understand dropping Lemina to the bench if his injury issues are reducing his effectiveness.

I’ve given up re. Long starting over Gabbiadini. The manager obviously does not rate Gabbiadini, and Long has been decent lately and always puts in a shift. He even scored a few games back.

Defence looks good, I am interested to see if Stephens and Hoedt work well together.

Interesting re Redmond but if it was a straight swap between him and Sims for a place on the bench, I’d rather see what Sims can do following his injury.

Dropping Boufal is mind boggling.

I'd play a front 3 of Gabbi Boufal and Tadic with a 3 of Romeu Lemina and Hojberg behind them !

Fair enough, looks good on paper....but I personally don't think Gabbi works well as a single striker (when the qualities of the rest of the team are factored in), so if we're insisting on this formation, it's Long, Boufal and Tadic for me (with Davis behind - although there's evidence to suggest Hojberg *could* play there). I'm guessing Lemina is still carrying that ankle injury though, and that the midfield three is determined by that at present.

P.S Yes, I would prefer if Long wasn't leading the line :D

Interesting about Redmond....I wonder if it's an attitude problem....?