Watford v Saints Build-up

SuperSAINT

I don't care about performances anymore. MP is clearly going nowhere and he's not going to change his style so we may as well just support the team and hope for the best.

I can see it being 1-0 either way where both teams look **** and its last on MOTD

3:1 loss from 1 up at half time.

Manager sets up to defend and we concede the equalizer after 65 minutes, Long misses a sitter at 1:1 and the players heads drop and we let in two late Deeney goals as he batters Stephens and Yoshida in the air.

Mope says we have to lean to control games better when in this league. We drop into the bottom 3.

You just know this is going to happen. I was saying to someone today that I actually feel gutted when we go 1 nil up early doors as it's the inevitable sit back, defend and concede a late goal or two that happens next.

Squad is not brilliant and needs strengthening obviously, but the manager has got us playing relegation football and we are better than that at least.

No confidence, wrong team selections, wrong substitutions, pretty much wrong everything. Although I am not there in the dressing room, he does not give me the impression that he is a motivator or a kick up the arse type manager.

I repeat, there is not one club in the prem whom I am confident we would beat atm.

Agreed. And it’s been that way for a while. Depressing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care about performances anymore. MP is clearly going nowhere and he's not going to change his style so we may as well just support the team and hope for the best.

I can see it being 1-0 either way where both teams look **** and its last on MOTD

Cheer up! You can watch the Highlights first on the OS where Saints always have 95% possession and are unlucky not to get all three points even when defeated 5-2.

One thing you can say about Morris Pellegrimo is that he is very consistent and you can rely on him to deliver the results we all expect.

No doubt we will lose 2 or 3 - 1 but come Monday morning nothing will have changed, Morris still in place and the dynamic duo will be wearing their invisible cloaks.

How about we all boycott the Spurs match next weekend? Even our club couldn't spin 20,000 empty seats and it would certainly guarantee that we were lsat on MotD as befits a club that might be Last in the PL. Action from fans is long overdue. No good pretending all is well when it isn't and "things will work out fine in the end just you wait and see" because they won't!

Watford have the second worst form record in the league, they’ll beat us on Saturday you can just tell.

Yeah mate, but we have the only form that's worse....

Last six games we're bottom...

Not very inspired to watch the game to be honest.

Hoping for a change in form soon, but I don't want another false summit like City/Arsenal where we play well and performances go down the sh!tter the next game.

Can't see much light at the end except for wholescale changes - 1/2 big signings, manager out, evident shift in tactics, etc.

Still holding out for a win. If we don't get it we'll be in a relegation battle for the first time in a few years (I think we will drop into the bottom 3 if the others win or overturn the goal difference...).

Cheer up! You can watch the Highlights first on the OS where Saints always have 95% possession and are unlucky not to get all three points even when defeated 5-2.

One thing you can say about Morris Pellegrimo is that he is very consistent and you can rely on him to deliver the results we all expect.

No doubt we will lose 2 or 3 - 1 but come Monday morning nothing will have changed, Morris still in place and the dynamic duo will be wearing their invisible cloaks.

How about we all boycott the Spurs match next weekend? Even our club couldn't spin 20,000 empty seats and it would certainly guarantee that we were lsat on MotD as befits a club that might be Last in the PL. Action from fans is long overdue. No good pretending all is well when it isn't and "things will work out fine in the end just you wait and see" because they won't!

The Spurs game is live on Sky, so certainly some sort of impact can be made.

Watford at home was the worst that we have played this season in my opinion, so I'm not holding out much hope for this one. Not sure what to do for this one, if we score first we all know what the tactics will be and we will end up losing. If they score first do we have the character and bollux to roll up our sleeves and get back into it, or even go on and win it?

I fear we have that losing habit and that can be very hard to break. 2 - 0, when was the last time Watford took 6 points off us (and could knock us out of the cup as well)?

About the only thing worse for the image of Saints fans than a boycott is a partial boycott. It just makes it look like we are a poorly supported team with fairweather fans who don't deserve a top flight team. The only people it would have any effect on are Pompey fans, who would love it. A protest inside a packed stadium, with plenty of banners and chants would be far more effective. Witty banners will get far more media coverage than empty seats. I remember being impressed by how Newcastle fans got rid of Pardew in that way, with some really passion and venom.

Protests yes; boycotts no.

Totally agree. As it stands the most cohesive, well drilled team will likely win out against a side with more skillful players. IF MP continues to chop and change tactics and personal, we are more than likely going to stay where we are in the table and pot luck if we go down or stay up.

..........................mccarthy..................

.......stephens.......yoshi..........hoedt.............

Cedric...............................................bertrand...

...................lemina.....romeu.......hojberg..............

............................boufal...............................

.............................gabbi.................................

Edited by danjosaint

Play all the most expensive players in each position every week until the end of the season. That way if we go down, nobody will want them and we will be super strong in the Championship. That’s Forster, Cédric, Yoshida, Hoedt, Bertrand, Hojbjerg, Lemina, Redmond, Boufal, Gabbiadini, Long.

Or something along those lines!

Stat of the day... Gardos is our second most expensive centre back at the club. But including him in the above line up would be stupidity!

Lose to Watford and we’re in deep plop. I had £20 on 18-1 in November. I really hope i lose it!

..........................mccarthy..................

.......stephens.......yoshi..........hoedt.............

Cedric...............................................bertrand...

...................lemina............hojberg..............

............................boufal...............................

.............................gabbi.................................

Overly generous.

I can’t work out why so many would pick Gabby. Looks like he wants to be anywhere other than at Saints and a shadow of the player he was. Long played well at Fulham, scored against Palace, and has pace to exploit space behind deferenders away from home

I can’t work out why so many would pick Gabby. Looks like he wants to be anywhere other than at Saints and a shadow of the player he was. Long played well at Fulham, scored against Palace, and has pace to exploit space behind deferenders away from home

Because unlike Redmond, Davis, Tadic, and JWP he might just score a few goals with the physical help of Long and the trickery of Boufal. However it's the physical strength of Hojbjerg, Romeu and Lamina together in midfield that could make life difficult for the opposition. Just leave out the lightweights from the starting team. I suspect that Stephens may be right back for two reasons, Soares and Pied may be judged to not be ready to start whilst Stephens height against the diminutive stature of Pied and Soares against the tall Watford strikers would help us. That is unless we decide to play a back three.

This one does feel like the first proper relegation 6 pointer - with us touching cloth down at the bottom. The sort of game in years gone by were we would put up a right battle and Le Tiss would nick a winner.

Usually a draw would be a decent result away from home but with our run in anything other than a win is ****. Saturday will go a long way to showing wether we are up for the scrap or not.

The prat is on record again that he is not going to change, If that's the case as the teams he select just won't score goals we will not win enough games. How long does it take the prat to see that he has to change the team selection. Relying on JWP, Tadic, Davis and Redmond as forwards is stupidity, as is leaving Gabbiadini and Lamina on the bench and not playing Austin when he had the chance, but I fear he will do it so we can only hope for a clean sheet and a goal. What a way to play!

-------------McCarthy------------------

Cedric -- Hoedt -- Yoshida -- Bertrand

---------------Romeu-------------------

---------Hoj----- ----Lemina---------------

-----------(tadic or boufal)----------------

--------Gabbi------Long-----------------

4312 for me, play either boufal in what I see as his best position driving through the middle or just play a lacklustre Tadic again behind two strikers. Gives both Long and Gabbi the help they will need upfront, hopefully will allow us to win a midfield battle that will be where IMO the game is won (Its where they beat us at home IMO)

Width should come predominantly from the full backs, Romeu can drop in to the back 2 and operate as a 3rd CB in the attacking phase, Hoj and Lemina to provide the steal, the recycling of the ball and hopefully one will be able to push forward and make himself available when required.

Realistically we will play the same way as he always has, have a great first 10 minutes, and then get overrun at which point you'll notice the players lose all faith in whats happening and we end up losing 2-0

Also expect one of two things, 3 like for like changes that effectively change zilch or some mental 5 upfront arrangement which further allows Watford to punish us.

McCarthy

Cedric

Hoedt

Yoshida

Bertrand

Romeu

Lemina

Hojbjerg

Boufal

Tadic

Gabbiadini

Thats a strong team but it’s a shame we don’t have a couple of good striker options plus a decent playing system.

The muppet on the sideline will carry on draining the confidence out of every single player.

Expect Hojbjerg to be subbed for Redmond, Tadic to play crap and stay on while Gabby will run his socks off but no clever balls over the top.

Thats a strong team but it’s a shame we don’t have a couple of good striker options plus a decent playing system.

The muppet on the sideline will carry on draining the confidence out of every single player.

Expect Hojbjerg to be subbed for Redmond, Tadic to play crap and stay on while Gabby will run his socks off but no clever balls over the top.

MoPe prefers Long over Gabb as everyone know that Long cannot score so we can concentrate more on our defence.

-------------McCarthy------------------

Cedric -- Hoedt -- Yoshida -- Bertrand

---------------Romeu-------------------

---------Hoj----- ----Lemina---------------

-----------(tadic or boufal)----------------

--------Gabbi------Long-----------------

4312 for me, play either boufal in what I see as his best position driving through the middle or just play a lacklustre Tadic again behind two strikers. Gives both Long and Gabbi the help they will need upfront, hopefully will allow us to win a midfield battle that will be where IMO the game is won (Its where they beat us at home IMO)

Width should come predominantly from the full backs, Romeu can drop in to the back 2 and operate as a 3rd CB in the attacking phase, Hoj and Lemina to provide the steal, the recycling of the ball and hopefully one will be able to push forward and make himself available when required.

Realistically we will play the same way as he always has, have a great first 10 minutes, and then get overrun at which point you'll notice the players lose all faith in whats happening and we end up losing 2-0

Also expect one of two things, 3 like for like changes that effectively change zilch or some mental 5 upfront arrangement which further allows Watford to punish us.

Your line up is exactly how I'd see us getting the most out of our squad.

But chin up, its just going to be Long up front and the pace of Davis or JWP out on the wing!

The prat is on record again that he is not going to change, If that's the case as the teams he select just won't score goals we will not win enough games. How long does it take the prat to see that he has to change the team selection. Relying on JWP, Tadic, Davis and Redmond as forwards is stupidity, as is leaving Gabbiadini and Lamina on the bench and not playing Austin when he had the chance, but I fear he will do it so we can only hope for a clean sheet and a goal. What a way to play!

That made me think of young Olomola, poor lad had a chance to stay on a bit longer at Yeovil but we get him back, play him in the Hampshire Senior Cup earlier this week, very much doubt he will be on the bench tomorrow, poor boy will be pining to be running round Port Vale.

will we see him in the squad before the seasons out...........doubt it.

This one's going to stink out Vicarage road so bad they're going to have to call in the fumigators.

1-1 and Captain Clueless stays at the helm.

#WeLimpOn

It can’t be any worse than the 0-0 in 15/16