Stoke sack Hughes

Koolman

I could see Koeman going there. And yes, Hughes would be a better choice than MP. That said, it looks like the board have decided to stick by MP no matter what, which is very worrying.

But previously, the only reason I could possibly see for not acting was that there wasn’t anyone we could get in who would clearly be better - now there is. In my opinion, he’d be miles better.

He has four and a half years at Stoke, with three successive years in ninth place. He’s not my first choice, but he’s better than Pellegrino.
yeah but 8th wasn't good enough so 9th pah lol.

Hughes would be a panic appointment IMO

Mark Hughes is another failed manager. Did dreadful at QPR and he was lucky Stoke were patient with him.
Bit harsh.

Has taken three clubs into the top 8 of the Premier League, took Blackburn to sixth and Stoke to 9th three times, earning that patience. Probably outstayed his welcome there. Plus very good job at Wales.

He's failed at one club, QPR.

Just a heads up; there’s no way we’ll appoint Hughes unde4 any circumstances

And rightly so. Another in a long line of failed british "the manager is the most important person at the club, coaching players and doing the job I am paid to do is beneath me and should be left to my assistants, what I really want is to have the power to fire the tea lady if she serves my tea at the wrong temperature, do we even have a tea lady anymore? It's all them foreigns' fault, what with them coming here and being better and actually doing coaching themselves" types. Hell will freeze over before we appoint someone like him.

Precisely. He was hopeless. 2 goals in 52 appearances. A worse scoring record than Shane Long! ;)

Always struck me that Hughes was happy to be on the Saints payroll but seldom committed on the pitch.

Rumour at the time was that he, Palmer & one other (either Hurst or Ripley) who had come to us as the 'Big I Am's..' were responsible for a rift in the dressing room and poor morale for much of his first season with us.

Would not want Hughes back at Saints.

Not really, Stoke been poor for a long time, he should have gone a while back. More decisive than us though...which isn't hard to achieve.

Who says we haven’t been decisive? It might not be the decisive you want.

Always struck me that Hughes was happy to be on the Saints payroll but seldom committed on the pitch.

Rumour at the time was that he, Palmer & one other (either Hurst or Ripley) who had come to us as the 'Big I Am's..' were responsible for a rift in the dressing room and poor morale for much of his first season with us.

Would not want Hughes back at Saints.

Ripley came with Beattie as part of the deal for Kevin Davies I believe, long after Hughes went. But anyway, no Hughes at any cost please.

Just had a look on Sky Bet to see who's in the running currently:

Martin O'Neill

10/11

Gary Rowett

6/1

Ryan Giggs

6/1

Slaven Bilic

12/1

Aitor Karanka

16/1

Garry Monk