Stoke sack Hughes

Koolman

PS Hey Saints board - did you see what Stoke did? They hired a new manager before a game to give them more of a chance of winning it. Give it a try

He will have no influence in the game against Utd. It doesn't give them any more chance of winning it.

He will have no influence in the game against Utd. It doesn't give them any more chance of winning it.

Except the players will have more confidence and play to impress him, of course

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wimmer looks poor. That Baur has done nothing but fall over.

Swansea Stoke and Saints to go down

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Zouma looks awful too no challenge on that goal

Looks that way

Wimmer looks poor. That Baur has done nothing but fall over.

Swansea Stoke and Saints to go down

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Zouma looks awful too no challenge on that goal

Can't believe we were in for Wimmer at one stage. Doesn't look any better than Gardos, Forren or Bednarek.

Can't believe we were in for Wimmer at one stage. Doesn't look any better than Gardos, Forren or Bednarek.

Poor reflection that two of those listed are currently on our books. Though to be fair Bednarek still has time on his side.

We have a run of favourable fixtures in late February/March, just when Stoke have a particularly nasty set of fixtures, so it's swings and roundabouts.

After that we have a fairly horrific run in, but as long as we do the business before then we should be OK.

In the same way that as long as we beat Huddersfield at home, held on to at least a point vs Palace and didn't throw away a 2-goal lead against Watford we'd be ok?

We have a run of favourable fixtures in late February/March, just when Stoke have a particularly nasty set of fixtures, so it's swings and roundabouts.

After that we have a fairly horrific run in, but as long as we do the business before then we should be OK.

There isn't such a thing as a favourable set of fixtures for us.

• 3 months later...

What do you guys make of the comments by Jack Butland and now Charlie Adam that the team morale at Stoke has been completely broken for the whole season and the previous manager (Hughes) did nothing about it, leading to his dismissal?

Should we be concerned? At this stage he seems to be uniting our squad, rather than dividing it .... so I'm not concerned myself. Poor old Stoke. :)

What do you guys make of the comments by Jack Butland and now Charlie Adam that the team morale at Stoke has been completely broken for the whole season and the previous manager (Hughes) did nothing about it, leading to his dismissal?

Should we be concerned? At this stage he seems to be uniting our squad, rather than dividing it .... so I'm not concerned myself. Poor old Stoke. :)

What I make of it is that players themselves seem to rarely, if ever, take responsibility for such actions. Very easy to blame just one man, and yes you could argue that it is MH's responsibility - but its very easy to lay the blame at one mans door. It's a team game, why can't the players themselves lift morale - they are all in it together, why is it solely the responsibility of the manager.

Time for some prima donas to roll up their sleeves and do some work, stop blaming everybody else - take a look in the mirror.

What I make of it is that players themselves seem to rarely, if ever, take responsibility for such actions. Very easy to blame just one man, and yes you could argue that it is MH's responsibility - but its very easy to lay the blame at one mans door. It's a team game, why can't the players themselves lift morale - they are all in it together, why is it solely the responsibility of the manager.

Time for some prima donas to roll up their sleeves and do some work, stop blaming everybody else - take a look in the mirror.

Pretty much this. It seems the modern PL era players are never to blame these days it must be harder than ever to manage all these millionaire snowflakes...

Charlie Adam has got some front, got sent off early in a crucial game home to Everton that they went on to lose, and also missed a last minute peno to give them a win against Brighton. The rebound of which he was so slow to react to that my mum would have got there quicker.

http://

Yep, at this moment in time he seems to be doing a good job, but I think it suggests we should be wary of hailing him the new messiah even if he keeps us up.

I think that all managers now have a maximum shelf life of 2/3 years at a club before the mollycoddled players get bored and start ignoring them. I also think there's an issue with clubs the size of ourselves and Stoke, when you get near the top of the group below the big 6, it feels as though if you want to try and push on and challenge them you have to start taking risks on players with questionable attitude in order to get better quality players than you already have. I think Stoke are guilty of trying a bit too hard to be clever in the transfer market, which is pretty much what's got us too (added to an appalling managerial appointment).

Yep, at this moment in time he seems to be doing a good job, but I think it suggests we should be wary of hailing him the new messiah even if he keeps us up.

If Stoke is the marker then he should give us at least a good couple of seasons before it goes wrong. In the same way that Strachan did quite well at Coventry for a few seasons

It's all down to expectations I reckon. Once you become established in the premier league, and nobody thinks you have a chance of getting relegated, then you are expected to be knocking on the door of Europe. Once you have tasted European football, your fans (and possibly your board) expect you to qualify every season.

It's almost like there is a greed amongst all the clubs to over achieve and nobody wants to settle for mid-table obscurity, but ultimately, there are only so many top table seats to go round.

Burnley will feel this next season.