33/1

Slavisa Jokanovic

33/1

Louis Van Gaal

40/1

Tony Pulis

40/1

Rory Delap

I’d even take Rory Delap over our clown.

SSN: Rowett & Martin O'Neill are the current front runners.

Hmm this could be an issue for us..the last thing we need is Stoke getting their act together.

O Neil would keep them up I have no doubt, they haven't got bad players and he'd organise them.

We also have them as one of our three winnable home games left so an organised Stoke coming to town, even if they are only here for a draw, is two points we can't afford to drop.

Hmm this could be an issue for us..the last thing we need is Stoke getting their act together.

O Neil would keep them up I have no doubt, they haven't got bad players and he'd organise them.

We also have them as one of our three winnable home games left so an organised Stoke coming to town, even if they are only here for a draw, is two points we can't afford to drop.

This is it. The line "there are at least 3 teams worse than us" only rings true if sides like Stoke don't improve. They will. Of course they will. They'll finish above us unless we get rid of Pell I have no doubt. We are lucky that Swansea and Wba seem to have gone from bad to worse with their managerial changes. Sadly that still leaves 1 place staring us in the face. I'd be extatic with O Neil, and happy with Rowett. God knows what it will take for us to pull the trigger though. Early march, Kelvin as caretaker till the end of the season probably.

POTTER FOR THE POTTERS?

Former Stoke defender Graham Potter is keen to talk to his old club about the vacant manager’s job, Sky Sports News has been told.

Potter played for Stoke between 1993 and 1996, and since becoming a manager in Sweden, he’s impressed Stoke’s current bosses.

The club's board has been monitoring his progress, but it’s thought his lack of Premier League experience could be an issue.

Gary Rowett and Martin O’Neill are leading contenders for the Stoke position. Koeman is considered to be unavailable as he is expected to be taking over as manager of the Dutch side...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/07/stoke-gary-rowett-martin-oneill-top-shortlist

I'd have thought Rowett would try and get Derby promoted, they're in a good position. If he's available then we should go for him. Though being from the midlands and spending virtually his whole playing and management career there maybe Stoke would be his preferred option anyway.

This is it. The line "there are at least 3 teams worse than us" only rings true if sides like Stoke don't improve. They will. Of course they will. They'll finish above us unless we get rid of Pell I have no doubt. We are lucky that Swansea and Wba seem to have gone from bad to worse with their managerial changes. Sadly that still leaves 1 place staring us in the face. I'd be extatic with O Neil, and happy with Rowett. God knows what it will take for us to pull the trigger though. Early march, Kelvin as caretaker till the end of the season probably.

Is that true? Pardew has actually had a fair amount of success as a manager, and his teams seem to go through patches of form, good and bad alike. All West Brom need is one purple patch... I think his biggest problem is that he has inherited a side built by Tony Pulis, I'm not sure those players are good enough to start playing a different way. Carvalhal took Sheffield Wednesday to the play offs twice in three seasons. And he's won 1 match out of 1 so far. Don't know much about him but seems a bit premature to write him off as worse than Clement. I think both will struggle to stay up, but can still see them finishing above us.

Is that true? Pardew has actually had a fair amount of success as a manager, and his teams seem to go through patches of form, good and bad alike. All West Brom need is one purple patch... I think his biggest problem is that he has inherited a side built by Tony Pulis, I'm not sure those players are good enough to start playing a different way. Carvalhal took Sheffield Wednesday to the play offs twice in three seasons. And he's won 1 match out of 1 so far. Don't know much about him but seems a bit premature to write him off as worse than Clement. I think both will struggle to stay up, but can still see them finishing above us.

All we need is one purple patch. My point isn't that they are bad managers, just that their results haven't improved under new leadership. Whereas WHU, Palace, Leicester and Everton all have.

All we need is one purple patch. My point isn't that they are bad managers, just that their results haven't improved under new leadership. Whereas WHU, Palace, Leicester and Everton all have.

Ah ok. Give Carvalhal a chance then - one game, one win! The reason I said about WBA having a purple patch was related to Pardew's teams having them.

Gary Rowett and Martin O’Neill are leading contenders for the Stoke position. Koeman is considered to be unavailable as he is expected to be taking over as manager of the Dutch side...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/07/stoke-gary-rowett-martin-oneill-top-shortlist

That plum Moose reckons its Bilic.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove him from the "Who can get Saints promoted?" manager shortlist...

Rowett signs new contract at Derby.

It's not just SFC that have solid gold ITK on social media.

Look at this utter clown cramming into a single tweet that Rowett is simultaneously going to Stoke and staying at Derby.

The full told you so cake-and-eat-it routine.

Our AR-10, choccybox and that other one would be well proud.

https://twitter.com/macgregor7275/status/950646138306166784

Quique Sanchez Flores: Stoke interested in ex-Watford boss

Quique Sanchez Flores is under consideration to succeed Mark Hughes as manager of Stoke City.

The former Watford manager, 52, is currently in charge of Espanyol and BBC Sport understands he is one of several candidates Stoke are looking at.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42632034

Quique Sanchez Flores: Stoke interested in ex-Watford boss

Quique Sanchez Flores is under consideration to succeed Mark Hughes as manager of Stoke City.

The former Watford manager, 52, is currently in charge of Espanyol and BBC Sport understands he is one of several candidates Stoke are looking at.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42632034

They're interested in people who already have a job!?? Isn't that cheating?

So Stoke have sacked their manager without yet having someone lined up. Why can't we do the same? Yes it was a disaster last time for us, but that's because Reed was trying to replace a good manager without someone as good or better lined up. But this time we only have to replace a clown.

Sack him now for God's sake.

So Stoke have sacked their manager without yet having someone lined up. Why can't we do the same? Yes it was a disaster last time for us, but that's because Reed was trying to replace a good manager without someone as good or better lined up. But this time we only have to replace a clown.

Who would you have take temp charge? Seriously? Imagine, worse case, we ended up with Kelv and RJ until the end of the season... MP isn't great but I promise you he is better than them 2.

If we could get someone half respectable in for 2 or 3 games whilst we find a suitable replacement I could understand us sacking him, however I'm not sure we can.

The trouble is, the board have taken too long to look for a suitable replacement - that should have happened 1 or 2 months ago.

We we did sack one of our managers with someone else in mind but he ****ed off.

Hilarious.

Who would you have take temp charge? Seriously? Imagine, worse case, we ended up with Kelv and RJ until the end of the season... MP isn't great but I promise you he is better than them 2.

If we could get someone half respectable in for 2 or 3 games whilst we find a suitable replacement I could understand us sacking him, however I'm not sure we can.

The trouble is, the board have taken too long to look for a suitable replacement - that should have happened 1 or 2 months ago.

Nigel Pearson.

laugh all we want if he keeps them up, eh.

like we did with woy, moyes and big Sam

Yep, people will laugh and on paper it looks a terrible appointment (lets hope it is). But, if you are honest you'd rather have Lambert than MP. Especially in a relegation fight.

Yep, people will laugh and on paper it looks a terrible appointment (lets hope it is). But, if you are honest you'd rather have Lambert than MP. Especially in a relegation fight.
won't be long before pardew has his WBA above us.

Even Swansea got a bit of a bounce with their "laughable" manager

Pellegrino is - by some huge distance - the worst manager in the league (and probably the league below).

yet, the club carry on patting themselves on the back for it!

In terms of resources:points, he is the worst I can remember at Saints to be honest. Redknapp was awful, didn't care, terrible decisions, but he did come in when we were already in the ****.

No one else has come into a decent top half club, not had anyone sold in the summer, been given 2 expensive signings, and sent them hurtling towards relegation. Bewildering really. No idea how he didn't get sacked months ago.

Only Mourinho at Chelsea in recent times was a bigger underachievement for me.

And he did win the Premier League (& the League Cup) the season before.

I can't help but think:

A) Oh my god what a dire appointment Stoke fans must be gutted.

B) I would much rather have Lambert than Pellegrino.

This. I’d even rather have Mark Hughes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m worried with who we’ll end up if this is the best Stoke can get. That’s if we decide to terminate Pellegrino’s contract..

The fact Stoke are scraping the barrel and have only just managed to get Lambert is probably why we still have MP.

While Paul Lambert is not exactly an inspiring appointment, he might well surprise people, or at the very least do enough to steer Stoke to safety.

Although he had more success in the earlier part of his managerial career at Wycombe, Colchester and most notably Norwich, I'm not sure he has been an abject failure anywhere either. He kept Villa up twice with extremely young sides (and most would say not very good sides). It certainly felt like Villa were in a gradual decline, and their eventual relegation (a year after Lambert left) could show that their woes weren't because of him (though some of course could argue he set them off on that road)

He took over at Blackburn with them in 16th and finished 15th. He took over at Wolves with them in 19th and finished 15th. Not exactly resounding success but also not disasters, and at the very least he achieved what I imagine were the main objectives at that time - avoiding relegation.

The fact Stoke are scraping the barrel and have only just managed to get Lambert is probably why we still have MP.

Hasn't it been reported that QSF only turned them down because he didn't want a wage drop if they go down?

I assume O'Neill didn't want to be second choice - i'm guess at that.

Also, it's been reported that a 'top European coach' was interested but was turned down as had no previous PL experience.

Not sure they were scrapping the barrel, it was more that they had a very strict criteria for who they wanted. I don't know if VFTT could confirm in more detail if this was the case, as it would shed light on our potential targets.

The Stoke experience feels like a bit of a cautionary tale to me. Lambert was their 4th choice, behind Rowett, QSF, and O’Neill, in that order if you believe the press.

The Stoke experience feels like a bit of a cautionary tale to me. Lambert was their 4th choice, behind Rowett, QSF, and O’Neill, in that order if you believe the press.

Yet they have still ended up with someone better than us. I guess the main question is whether Lambert is better than Hughes?

Yet they have still ended up with someone better than us. I guess the main question is whether Lambert is better than Hughes?

I would have been disappointed if Lambert was Pellegrino’s replacement, but in fairness I wasn’t keen on Hodgson or Moyes, who seem to be doing well at Palace and W. Ham.

I can’t help thinking that the board are looking at the Stoke experience and thinking that sticking with Pellegrino is the best option.

I would have been disappointed if Lambert was Pellegrino’s replacement, but in fairness I wasn’t keen on Hodgson or Moyes, who seem to be doing well at Palace and W. Ham.

I can’t help thinking that the board are looking at the Stoke experience and thinking that sticking with Pellegrino is the best option.

Then they are idiots

I'd gladly take any of the bottom-of-the-barrel names bandied about over our current clown.

Except Saggy.

We should make a list of humans we wouldn’t take. Would be much shorter. Actually, a few animals ahead of him too. Isn’t that right, Lassie?