Lovren

Marsdinho

The delicious irony that Lovren joining Liverpool has effectively brought an end to his Liverpool career. His departure set in motion a series of events that has delivered perfect karma.

Probably mentioned on here already...sorry!

Would have thought him joining Liverpool would have started his Liverpool career...

The delicious irony that Lovren joining Liverpool has effectively brought an end to his Liverpool career. His departure set in motion a series of events that has delivered perfect karma.

Probably mentioned on here already...sorry!

Makes no sense. Anyway Klopp will play Lovren and Van Dijk as likely as not.

Makes no sense. Anyway Klopp will play Lovren and Van Dijk as likely as not.

Not sure about that. Klopp has more of a thing for Matip, who is one of his own signings. I imagine he will be at best 3rd choice in the CB pecking order.

Would have thought him joining Liverpool would have started his Liverpool career...

I think what he is getting at is the fact that his departure from Saints ultimately resulted in us signing VVD from Celtic and bringing him to the attention of Liverpool, who have now signed him as a replacement for Lovren.

I think what he is getting at is the fact that his departure from Saints ultimately resulted in us signing VVD from Celtic and bringing him to the attention of Liverpool, who have now signed him as a replacement for Lovren.

Nah! Reading too much into it. VVD wasn't a replacement for Lovren here.

Nah! Reading too much into it. VVD wasn't a replacement for Lovren here.

Toby replaced Lovren, Van Dijk replaced Toby. It's the way of football, continual renewal for the most part. I think modern footballers burn out more quickly than of yore, Probably due to starting younger, more injuries and playing more games.

Yeah, hence the "His departure set in motion a series of events that has delivered perfect karma" in the OP!