FA Cup fourth round draw - Watford (H)

Picard

Here we go - terrible draw, boring draw blah blah blah.

Why oh why do we get this everytime we don’t draw a big team or a minnow ?

Get a grip ffs - we might have a new manager by then and win. [emoji38]

Because most cup draws are boring and people will say it's boring when it is. And this is a horrifically boring draw.

Just as an aside, watching the Brighton v Palace game on BT, which has Video Assistant Referee for the first time. Jeez it's like a broken record as the commentators from minute one have been willing for it to be used.

Sadly for BT it didn't get used as Brighton won 2-1.

Apart from the last minute goal. Didn't look conclusive to me even on the multi angle replays.

I was impressed with the crowd (or lack of) at Brighton too. I'd expect something similar for our game against watford

In all seriousness, is anyone actually going to bother buying a ticket for this?

There will be a few there providing the timing is suitable, as there may be cheap tickets for ourselves, the children and grandchildren. The game is at home too.

In all seriousness, is anyone actually going to bother buying a ticket for this?

Anything over a fiver a ticket and I'm staying in bed. No, joking aside, I'll be going. It's a boring draw but that doesn't mean it will be a boring match. The league's a right off unless and until we get to the sharp end of a relegation scrap. That just leaves the cup as the only competition in which we can make some meaningful progress.

If it’s Saturday 3pm with tickets priced at £15 adults and £5 for kids then I think we’d get about 20 - 25k especially as Watford tend to travel quite well down here so they’ll probably bring 3000.

There’s been a VERY low take up by season ticket holders to secure their usual seats.

On sale to members tomorrow then general sale , looks like many regulars are giving this a miss or waiting to sit elsewhere in the ground.

Fool that I am, I bought 4 tickets today.

Only one at the ticket office.

Expect to sit and suffer whilst a relatively strong Watford team will wallop a below strength and physically inferior team walloped in front of about 10,000 fans, of which approaching half will noisily supporting Watford.

Shades of last year's 6-0 defeat v Arsenal is already in my mind.

We then move on to a further dose of disappointment at home to Brighton on the Weds

Fool that I am, I bought 4 tickets today.

Only one at the ticket office.

Expect to sit and suffer whilst a relatively strong Watford team will wallop a below strength and physically inferior team walloped in front of about 10,000 fans, of which approaching half will noisily supporting Watford.

Shades of last year's 6-0 defeat v Arsenal is already in my mind.

We then move on to a further dose of disappointment at home to Brighton on the Weds

It was only 0-5, and we had reached Wembley a few days before. Not sure where the consolation is coming from this time round.

Newport for The9

Anyone but Liverpool please

Thanks for the thought, this is the first time I've been on here since, but it'll have to be in the 5th Round ;). BTW I'm going to Newport v Spurs (£30 and a 50% hike on usual home prices) rather than Saints v Watford (£12 and a 200% reduction from usual home prices). And I went to Grimsby on Saturday (11 hours on a train there and back) instead of Watford too. County's much more fun at the moment.