Ross Barkley - Mayor of Liverpool

spyinthesky

According to the Liverpool Echo, the Mayor of Liverpool is writing to the Premier League to complain about the way Everton have been shafted by Agents/The System/Other Nasty People regarding the transfer of Ross Barkley to Chelsea.

Apparently he would feel the same way with other clubs badly treated in similar circumstances.

Interesting that he kept his own counsel when Liverpool were treating us with contempt earlier this season

According to the Liverpool Echo, the Mayor of Liverpool is writing to the Premier League to complain about the way Everton have been shafted by Agents/The System/Other Nasty People regarding the transfer of Ross Barkley to Chelsea.

Apparently he would feel the same way with other clubs badly treated in similar circumstances.

Interesting that he kept his own counsel when Liverpool were treating us with contempt earlier this season

Here's his tweet about it....

0IgUEUS1xA_IOs0mgMwVihnbZi_z8htJBLcgW6V8baj8YeO8dYwiuL6DJQXP56RekjBfV6OnWGU6zROS50trBtRa-KdXoYNMk_N8Jq3UcwmkKqRzvrUhRL9uff7zvV00XQ1uSgF1Mb34TfIKgdj4FBeS3-jdk9FauG4MFusl7uZ6_-kDIjFpAmKGmNz7jwMXRQcJOBfca8KAYZOM_gK7Q2m8V7ceQUia80sw1L39saMusg2meQxyPurv5vRel9hKzCXKXRDlzNRGE2SqVGtNbRhQu-kvWUgAw-vSR8onfK91gTLPzJgU9nWqeCAiRmBTGTGofWRuxtsjJpNwlYVCRmcVl1UlbcNyJT6sW9FEnZathYT8iJNnK1uewXMfQf2jKMpiqyltn1z8f4ODmEpp9MrPi3CT06BMcBKp62S_ySTOb_LxUCZ9IZlBF0GPF9OGBho4oQbEZtnDBnYV_9MVyHalCwcR9i4tDchWLi8KEoEo2s2bx9JrwCfIyzO6JYfoFioLKP3B_u76jRP6Jg8hl8jQ8zz8fd4ii3P20k10jF-8pT6vt_al6NQT_-yxMkphLafU7rDIiy22XEzEpmOx71df5M7tO0sa-3yaH3-j=w848-h638-no

Perhaps we should ask him why he didn't have a pop at Liverpool re: van Djik... (assuming that he didn't)

Edited by trousers

Also bear in mind that the Mayor (ie Genial Joe Anderson) arranged for Liverpool Council to provide support to Everton to enable them to buy their Finch Farm Training Ground plus underwrite the funds (a few hundred million ££) to finance the proposed new Everton stadium at Bramley Moore Dock.

On a different subject, Liverpool Council, who consistently complain about reduced funding from Central Govt to provide essential services, is also looking to spend £50m on a second Cruise Terminal (having spent £8m of council funds on the first one)

I can imagine the adverse feedback from the majority of local rate payers down here if the same proposals had been made by our Labour controlled Council to assist these sorts of commercial activity

0IgUEUS1xA_IOs0mgMwVihnbZi_z8htJBLcgW6V8baj8YeO8dYwiuL6DJQXP56RekjBfV6OnWGU6zROS50trBtRa-KdXoYNMk_N8Jq3UcwmkKqRzvrUhRL9uff7zvV00XQ1uSgF1Mb34TfIKgdj4FBeS3-jdk9FauG4MFusl7uZ6_-kDIjFpAmKGmNz7jwMXRQcJOBfca8KAYZOM_gK7Q2m8V7ceQUia80sw1L39saMusg2meQxyPurv5vRel9hKzCXKXRDlzNRGE2SqVGtNbRhQu-kvWUgAw-vSR8onfK91gTLPzJgU9nWqeCAiRmBTGTGofWRuxtsjJpNwlYVCRmcVl1UlbcNyJT6sW9FEnZathYT8iJNnK1uewXMfQf2jKMpiqyltn1z8f4ODmEpp9MrPi3CT06BMcBKp62S_ySTOb_LxUCZ9IZlBF0GPF9OGBho4oQbEZtnDBnYV_9MVyHalCwcR9i4tDchWLi8KEoEo2s2bx9JrwCfIyzO6JYfoFioLKP3B_u76jRP6Jg8hl8jQ8zz8fd4ii3P20k10jF-8pT6vt_al6NQT_-yxMkphLafU7rDIiy22XEzEpmOx71df5M7tO0sa-3yaH3-j=w848-h638-no

Perhaps we should ask him why he didn't have a pop at Liverpool re: van Djik... (assuming that he didn't)

Struggling to see the equivalence tbh. They agree a dale at £35m and end up with £20m in Jan. We never received an offer in the summer and sold in Jan for £75m.

Lets face facts.....

Everton tried to strong arm Barkley into signing a contract extension. When he didn't, he was told he was surplus to requirement. In the summer, Everton tried and almost succeeded in stiffing Chelsea for a ridiculous sum, given the length of contract. He was injured at the time, either he, Chelsea or both pulled out of the deal and said lets wait a few months - you'll be cheaper, you can earn more, just that Everton won't get so much. So the player looks after himself, after the club had told him that he was surplus to requirements.

And while he is complaining about how mean agents have been to a Liverpool team, I hope that he is also going to be complaining about Van Dijk's agent who broke the footballing laws.

Truly pathetic and why I look at that city with derision. I thought that this was a **** take and before posting I had best check. Sadly it is true...http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/joe-anderson-writing-fa-ross-14125852 Pathetic self-entitled idiots.

PS - in fairness, the comment section is rather scathing of him and his populist action.

Edited by angelman

I didn't see another one so I couldn't help tweeting him to "Calm down" a bit Scouseist I know but couldn't help it sorry (Not sorry).

Player agrees to go on a deal, buying club backs out because they think they are paying too much - as is their right.

Player's contract runs down, buying cub comes back a few months later and agrees a cheaper deal.

Not sure what he's getting worked up about.

a night in Liverpool compared to a night in Southampton, there is simply no comparison.

You have been to Liverpool and thought it was ****, in what context?

I live down road from liverpool 20 min drive away, safe to say it is a **** hole, dont care how much alcohol u had to confuses your state of mind, but, it rlly is a horrid place and im unlucky enough to go very often for work.......... its ok for a night out, just be happy your home in the morning as some never make it, quite amusing how they keep it out the papers with all the stabbings and stuff, quite impressive

a night in Liverpool compared to a night in Southampton, there is simply no comparison.

Try going to the areas where people actually live - it's a dump. I stayed up there with a mate from uni and I've never seen urban deprivation like it - except Bucharest away.

Try going to the areas where people actually live - it's a dump. I stayed up there with a mate from uni and I've never seen urban deprivation like it - except Bucharest away.

This.

Yes, the city centre has some shiny generic shops and bars. Much like any other city centre.

Go out to where people live and it's a dump full of feral wastrels.

I don't hold out Southampton to be some glorious paradise but neither do I buy into any suggestion that Liverpool is nice. It isn't.

To be honest, i do not have a problem with scousers, aside from one of their teams nicking our players I think it is a great place. In fact, after every match up there I have always come away chatting to the locals and found their knowledge and appreciation of our performances very refreshing compared to the ****s down the M62. I don't get this 'victim' thing, unless having 96 of your own supporters killed unlawfully makes you a 'victim' because you have campaigned for over 25 years to get justice.

Every time I go to Liverpool I enjoy the city, the nightlife/restaurants and the variety of shopping etc. I think it is vibrant, friendly and very atmospheric. I cannot say the same about Southampton at all.

I do not go out for a night out in Toxteth or Bootle or Kikby, in the same way as i do not go for a night out in Thornhill, Millbrook or Weston.

Fair assessment of Liverpool

As I have said in other posts, the city is one of real contrasts

Some really interesting old buildings and history and a vibrant city centre.

Some real solid and humorous people

These good points contrast significantly with third world style areas you wouldn't want to visit even in daylight with really dodgy characters

Gun crime is rife in Liverpool due to the influence of the drug gangs.

Latest twist, according to the Liverpool Echo, is that Genial Joe has asked for a Police investigation in case there has been a fraud committed

I wonder if Mr Anderson had been Mayor when Everton escaped relegation on the last day of the season a few years ago on the back of a debateable goalkeeping display by the Wimbledon 'keeper, he would have involved the Police and the Premier League?

To be honest, i do not have a problem with scousers, aside from one of their teams nicking our players I think it is a great place. In fact, after every match up there I have always come away chatting to the locals and found their knowledge and appreciation of our performances very refreshing compared to the ****s down the M62. I don't get this 'victim' thing, unless having 96 of your own supporters killed unlawfully makes you a 'victim' because you have campaigned for over 25 years to get justice.

Every time I go to Liverpool I enjoy the city, the nightlife/restaurants and the variety of shopping etc. I think it is vibrant, friendly and very atmospheric. I cannot say the same about Southampton at all.

I do not go out for a night out in Toxteth or Bootle or Kikby, in the same way as i do not go for a night out in Thornhill, Millbrook or Weston.

The idiots who refer to them as victims really ought to think where that originates from and whether it should be thrown around lightly,

The idiots who refer to them as victims really ought to think where that originates from and whether it should be thrown around lightly,

I think people are referring to the fact that the victims of Heysel have been somewhat overlooked over the years. However, this transfer does seem rather strange, and I am not surprised that the mayor is querying it - albeit it is probably not within his powers to do so.

Interesting but written by a Man Utd fan, not really an unbiased view. The last sentence sums up his opinion.

I think the general 'victim' comment is aimed primarily because of Hillsborough (there are still so many people that think drunk Liverpool fans storming a gate was the reason for the loss of life) because lets face it, the posters above using the comment will almost certainly not be party to the reasons highlighted in the article you have quoted.

So it would be interesting to ask S-Clarke and Pamplemouse why did they specifically use the word 'victim' in their post?

Interesting but written by a Man Utd fan, not really an unbiased view. The last sentence sums up his opinion.

I think the general 'victim' comment is aimed primarily because of Hillsborough (there are still so many people that think drunk Liverpool fans storming a gate was the reason for the loss of life) because lets face it, the posters above using the comment will almost certainly not be party to the reasons highlighted in the article you have quoted.

So it would be interesting to ask S-Clarke and Pamplemouse why did they specifically use the word 'victim' in their post?

Because of incidents like the Suarez one, it seems to be commonplace in their city.

No idea why Hillsborough is being discussed, it has nothing to do with the ‘victims’ tag.

Because of incidents like the Suarez one, it seems to be commonplace in their city.

No idea why Hillsborough is being discussed, it has nothing to do with the ‘victims’ tag.

This article might be interesting....http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/guardian-journalist-says-scouse-victims-13767056...and in particular that it "grew" post Hillsborough. Would it be safe to say that it started elsewhere, but has now been incorrectly associated with Hillsborough by a fair few people? Personally, when I see it being used, I know/believe that it isn't anything to do with Hillsborough, but I am equally aware that some/many will think it is.

Pretty much. The Suarez incident is the first thing that sticks in my head, all their players with Suarez support t-shirts on. They've wound me up ever since then to be honest.

The student areas (Allerton etc) are pretty rough yes, but to say it's a dump is a load of tosh. As with all places, especially where there's thousands of students, there are going to be sh1t areas. As a night out, it's better than most I've been to - mind you, the students and the scousers simply steer clear of each other, unless you look at their other half for too long.

Another gem from the city of Lolpool got to be a new excuse for losing your star player

Romelu Lukaku: Man United striker to take legal advice over voodoo claim.

Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku is to seek legal advice over claims made by Everton owner Farhad Moshiri that he opted to leave the club after receiving a "voodoo message".

Moshiri told a shareholders' meeting that Lukaku, 24, received the message "on a pilgrimage to Africa".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42630016

Everton, owned by Moshiri, a very wealthy man

However the proposed new Everton stadium (£500m) is now being underwritten by Liverpool Council who will take out a £280 - £300m loan repayable over 25 years to help finance the project

If that doesn't sound dodgy as **** i don't know what is , Maybe the police should investigate that and the Everton supporting Mayor while they're at it !