Mario Balotelli

dogger

Hard to imagine Leslie and Mario in the same room, let alone Leslie inspiring and negotiating a transfer.

Leslies powers of persuasion are hugely assisted when players are rotting on other teams benches or the promise of tripling wages.....those bits of candy ain't going ti tempt Mario as hes a first team regular and already earns **** loads at Nice.

Leslie would therefore have to rely on his charm and Ralph would need to keep the "small club" chat to a minimum.....

Can't see Mario dumping Mino Raiola for Leslies son either.......

Yep, agree 100%.

Am I alone in thinking he's not actually that good?

6 League goals in his first season at City

13 the following season

1 in half a season before going to Milan

1 in a season at Liverpool.

I know beggars can't be choosers and that but didn't Osvaldo teach us anything about big name, Italian nutters who aren't actually that good?

13 the following season

I know beggars can't be choosers and that but didn't Osvaldo teach us anything about big name, Italian nutters who aren't actually that good?

You seem to have missed some data there, like all the seasons when he has scored plenty of goals, including the last season and a half. You seriously don't think he is better than our current shower? Really makes you wonder. Total nut job, granted, at least he was, sometimes people change as they mature.

You seem to have missed some data there, like all the seasons when he has scored plenty of goals, including the last season and a half. You seriously don't think he is better than our current shower? Really makes you wonder. Total nut job, granted, at least he was, sometimes people change as they mature.

That's kind of my point, he has a history of banging them in in foreign leagues, then struggling to adapt in England.

Osvaldo was Serie A's 3rd top scorer before we signed him IIRC, something like 20 odd goals.

As others have said, I would love to see him in a Saints shirt...he knows how to shoot and score. If his head is in the right place he could be really good for us and we could put him back on the Prem map. Big fly in the ointment I suspect is with Reed and his son not being able to get this over the line (assuming there’s any truth in it)...there’s just not the competency in our recruitment now it seems. Love to be proven wrong mind.

13 the following season

Nope. I agree. Strike rate is probably the best we can hope for at our level but it's not as impressive as people think. His highest scoring season total is 15, in a second rate French league. His totals whilst over there are impressive however, with 25 in 36 games. In reality he's a 1 in 3 scorer which isn't that bad but he drops to 1 in 4 in the prem, and unfortunately we do need something slightly better than that right now. Also, he's bat **** crazy and we should have learnt our lesson there.

What's Osvaldo got to do with anyone other than Osvaldo?

Why aren't you counting Ballotelli's time with Milan or Nice? No one's record looks as good when you take out most their goals.

He's had an up and down path, but that's why we'd have a vague chance of signing him. I thought we should have got him before he went to Nice. He's the sort of player who'd thrive as the big star of a smaller team with less pressure. Huge talent, power, pace etc. We're trying to improve on Shane Long people, I mean ffs.

We're a badly out of form, boring boring side. We could do with a talisman. Seems to fit the bill to me.

Osvaldo is just an example of signing a big name trouble maker and being a complete disaster. Doesn't mean MB would be the same but whenever he has played in England before I've always thought he was far more trouble than his talent was actually worth.

I'm not counting his goals in Italy and France because I'm interested in his performance in this League, which hasn't been that good. He's had one season in a creative, title winning team where his goal tally was in Pelle/Deeney/ Austin territory and 2.5 other seasons when he has done naff all.

This is all academic anyway, this just seems to be another rumour based on a tweet.

Jesus why on earth does this thread even exist? Get real people, never gonna happen. All this because of a leandre griffit tweet :mcinnes:. Even when he was here the boy was a fantasist.

The thread seemingly exists because of a few tweets. Sad isn't it that so much can be based on those. That the thread is still going is probably because we are a little expectant that something might happen in the transfer market, and probably should have happened the best part of a fortnight ago so that integration could happen before the next PL game. I am presuming that we all realise that this is pie in the sky, but what harm does it cause? We're here twiddling our thumbs watching our season go down the pan.

Jesus why on earth does this thread even exist? Get real people, never gonna happen. All this because of a leandre griffit tweet :mcinnes:. Even when he was here the boy was a fantasist.

And as I said the other day is now playing what must be Hampshire League standard football in the north somewhere or other.

Balotelli coming to Saints would probably p*ss off Lemina as well, isn't he tupping Balotelli's ex ?

I can't work out who is more ****ing nuts. Balotelli or any of our fans who think there's any chance at all of him coming here. He's a right head the ball, but I think those supporters just shade it in the loony stakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get so triggered pal.

It's inane, harmless conjecture and a starting point for the discussion to branch off in lots of other directions.

That's what mongboards are about.

Anyone who thinks he wouldn't be a good signing needs their heads examining. He is one of those players who will flourish at a club like Southampton. As long as he produced the goods he will be indulged and adored by the fans. A loose canon perhaps but he might just be what the squad needs to bring them together. He reminds me a bit of Paolo Di Canio. An absolute nutter but he's got talent coming out of his ears and is able to create something from nothing. Exactly what we need. I would be massively in favour of this.

Anyone who thinks he wouldn't be a good signing needs their heads examining. He is one of those players who will flourish at a club like Southampton. As long as he produced the goods he will be indulged and adored by the fans. A loose canon perhaps but he might just be what the squad needs to bring them together. He reminds me a bit of Paolo Di Canio. An absolute nutter but he's got talent coming out of his ears and is able to create something from nothing. Exactly what we need. I would be massively in favour of this.

Me too. Off to get his name on the back of my shirt

This answer could be applied to most of our threads - WE ARE BORED and currently are not hopeful of nice football or incoming transfers.

Note - If we announce a transfer today I will take the credit for it.

Threads like this give me horrible flashbacks to 04-05 when we were like a drowning man flailing around desperately using anyone who vaguely expressed an interest in getting a big pay cheque, Camara and Redknapp spring to mind but I'm sure there were others.

Threads like this give me horrible flashbacks to 04-05 when we were like a drowning man flailing around desperately using anyone who vaguely expressed an interest in getting a big pay cheque, Camara and Redknapp spring to mind but I'm sure there were others.

Camara was class though.

Camara was class though.

Olivier Bernard and Calumn Davenport were not....I'll never forgive that Judas tw8t Redkrapp for bringing him on against Carlton Cole who bullied him everywhere when Danny Higg would have at least got stuck in against him 2 up and lost 3-2.

He set the template for Pellegrino so many parallels this season to 2004/5.

Olivier Bernard and Calumn Davenport were not....I'll never forgive that Judas tw8t Redkrapp for bringing him on against Carlton Cole who bullied him everywhere when Danny Higg would have at least got stuck in against him 2 up and lost 3-2.

He set the template for Pellegrino so many parallels this season to 2004/5.

In defence of Calum Davenport (Not intended as a pun, but still felt odd to type...) I remember him being a totally different player with us to the one I had seen play for Coventry City just a few months previously. He was calm, dominating and a superb reader of the game. The player we gained was not him.

Agree with the parallels.... Players losing their mojo. No-one seeming to improve. Things just feel inevitable right now.

Edited by Colinjb

Camara was class though.

Yes he was the best of Harry's desperate deals in that 'swing Lowe from the Itchen bridge' train wreck of a season.

The rest of them were chuffing sh*te though, Davenport? Bernard? Jamie 'pay day' Redknapp? It really was do or die kamikazi stuff.

That's what happens when you're down the bottom and looking desperate though.

[video=youtube;UoUOD-h6N6w]

I would say that this goal gave the biggest ever cheer at St Marys.

Folks said that they could hear the cheer miles away, probably helped as we pushed for the late goal that everyone in the stadium was standing urging the team on.

As much of a knob as Jamie can be, the fact that his knees were absolutely shot he put in more effort than the other pit ponies his Pa got in.

As much of a knob as Jamie can be, the fact that his knees were absolutely shot he put in more effort than the other pit ponies his Pa got in.

you absolute bastard. You've made me think of Nigel ****ing **** Quashie again. Its taken me years to forget that ****.

Absolutely the best atmosphere at SMS ever, even though the inevitable was going to happen that season. Wonder if we fans remember how to be loud again in time for this season’s relegation run in.
Would be nice to get a bit of effort like that this season even if we do go down. Much more likely to go down with a whimper this time though...

you absolute bastard. You've made me think of Nigel ****ing **** Quashie again. Its taken me years to forget that ****.

Sorry Chez......... Mrs JBS feels the same, everyone banging on about how good he was, she had his card marked as useless from day one, "all he does is demand the ball and does nothing with it and gives it straight back to who he demanded it off".