Owen The Saints Blog

OwenTheSaints

An apology and explanation for my disappearance midway through last season.

https://owenthesaintsblog.wordpress.com/2019/08/07/what-happened-to-owen-the-saints/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is really sad. I enjoyed the vlogs and your facial expressions. I don't know why folk can't just think/say "hey, that's not my cup of tea, I won't be watching that, but fair play to anyone who does" instead of going on the offensive and abusing the vlogger.

Congrats on the degree. Have a great season.

The problem with Vlogs is you're filming other people's faces without their permission too, it's not really a surprise people don't like them. Maybe set up a separate area away from other fans for people that want to do it and then they'd get less grief.

completely agree. I wouldn't want to be filmed for 90 minutes watching my football team

I'm not sure what the laws are in the UK but in Canada you don't need permission if you are filming in a public space and the subject(s) have no real expectation of privacy.

You don't need permission here either, but if you don't have it and do it then you have to expect some abuse as not everyone wants their face plastered on social media. And before people say about there already being cameras in the ground, yes there are but the TV don't tend to broadcast just the crowd every week so the chances of you being on are relatively slim (unless you stand behind a goal).

I know it wasn't your intention but if I was standing near you and was constantly getting filmed and on your streams all season then I'd certainly be having a word.

I'm sure that if you had a reasonable conversation with him he'd blur out your face in his video. It's not that hard to do.

Thank you for your support Always_SFC and OttawaSaint, really appreciate that.

I would have completely respected any requests made by people had they have made any. As it turned out, never once did I face issues at a match though, people often joined in. Instead the issues were all online, even if they made me feel I was going to face issues at matches.

Thank you for your support Always_SFC and OttawaSaint, really appreciate that.

I would have completely respected any requests made by people had they have made any. As it turned out, never once did I face issues at a match though, people often joined in. Instead the issues were all online, even if they made me feel I was going to face issues at matches.

Lots of people are Internet tough guys. Sounds like no one actually did anything in real life so I would just ignore it. If everyone stopped what they were doing due to online abuse then no one would do anything.

I'm not sure what the laws are in the UK but in Canada you don't need permission if you are filming in a public space and the subject(s) have no real expectation of privacy.

I don’t know what the laws are either but it’s worth pointing out you aren’t in a public space, you’re on private property.

‪‘Who are LD Sports?’ ‬

‪Matt Le Tiss answered this question and provided many more Saints insights in an enjoyable evening at The Concorde Club last night. See what he had to say here: ‬

https://owenthesaintsblog.wordpress.com/2019/08/09/football-chat-with-matt-le-tiss-the-concorde-club/

[emoji736] Transfer Window

[emoji736] Preseason

[emoji736] Kit/Sponsor Debacle

[emoji736] New Rules

[emoji736] Fanzone and Beer

It’s all covered in my bumper #SaintsFC Season Preview! [emoji56][emoji837]

https://owenthesaintsblog.wordpress.com/2019/08/09/2019-20-season-preview/

A good read.... glad the squirrel got a mention! :)

[emoji837] Weather?

️ First Game Syndrome?

[emoji837] Burnley?

️ Missing Danny Rohl?

[emoji837] Losing Højbjerg to Illness?

️ Our Defence?

[emoji837] Away Support?

Just what was at fault for our capitulation at Burnley?

Burnley 3-0 Saints: A Perfect Storm?

https://owenthesaintsblog.wordpress.com/2019/08/12/burnley-3-0-saints-a-perfect-storm/

[emoji837] Weather?

[emoji836]️ First Game Syndrome?

[emoji837] Burnley?

[emoji836]️ Missing Danny Rohl?

[emoji837] Losing Højbjerg to Illness?

[emoji836]️ Our Defence?

[emoji837] Away Support?

Just what was at fault for our capitulation at Burnley?

Burnley 3-0 Saints: A Perfect Storm?

https://owenthesaintsblog.wordpress.com/2019/08/12/burnley-3-0-saints-a-perfect-storm/

Good summary.

I didn't go to the game but you aren't alone in being someone who did and feeling Stephens was our best CB on the day...

Also agree re Rohl. It must make a difference, and however small, its a negative one.

• 2 weeks later...

Has a week of positives for Saints indicated that the future may be bright once more? [emoji56][emoji837]

Brighton 0-2 Saints: It’s Magic You Know, Boufal and Moussa Djenepo

https://owenthesaintsblog.wordpress.com/2019/08/26/brighton-0-2-saints-its-magic-you-know-boufal-and-moussa-djenepo/

[emoji736] Pompey Vs Saints

[emoji736] European Transfer Window

[emoji736] Man U

[emoji736] Season So Far

It’s all covered in my latest post! [emoji56][emoji837]

Saints 1-1 Man United: Great Dane

https://owenthesaintsblog.wordpress.com/2019/09/03/saints-1-1-man-united-great-dane/

• 2 weeks later...
Did I ever imagine there’d be a day where Southampton FC post a video on their YouTube channel, in which I interview Mark ‘The Beast’ Labett off The Chase? Funnily enough, no.

Hope you all enjoy my On the March debut! [emoji837]

Nice one Owen! (surprising lack of flack from the usual suspects ;) )

Did I ever imagine there’d be a day where Southampton FC post a video on their YouTube channel, in which I interview Mark ‘The Beast’ Labett off The Chase? Funnily enough, no.

I think my favourite one of these was the one when you cried. Was it Cardiff?

Thank you Trousers! [emoji4]

Aha urban myth Turkish, I admit it came across that way but I was near the front of the stand, stood in the torrential rain we played in. Think people mistook the rain water for tears!

Should I ever appear in one of your videos without my consent rest assured I will seek legal advice around the use of my images in your VLOGs. Initial research suggests that you may be in breach of clause 23.6 of the GDPR act as well as leaving yourself liable to a host of other legal action which I will instruct my solicitor to pursue. You have been warned.

Should I ever appear in one of your videos without my consent rest assured I will seek legal advice around the use of my images in your VLOGs. Initial research suggests that you may be in breach of clause 23.6 of the GDPR act as well as leaving yourself liable to a host of other legal action which I will instruct my solicitor to pursue. You have been warned.

As well as (according to ‘the committee’ on twitter) in breach of club conditions when purchasing a ticket.

I’ll be sure to ring the grass hotline if I see him near me. How many points does Vlogging/breach of condition of sale gain you on the saints leader board gain you? Ejection then 3 year ban...?

I’m personally not a fan of this and I cannot understand why others would get enjoyment out of watching a random bloke pulling stupid faces for 20 minutes (or however long it lasts).

If you weee capturing the post/pre match fan reactions then fair enough, but I just don’t get the point in this.... maybe just me.

Interesting point around the use of others images etc. I’d be interested to know if there are any steps you take to prevent annoying others around you and getting their consent for using their face online?

I’d rather we didn’t have this nonsense at st marys, but I suppose that’s the way the world is going (interesting to see the skate banned a lad who was doing this at their place...) and as long as you’re not harming anyone (which unless you can guarantee you will not capture anyone’s image without their consent, you potentially are), then crack on.

I’m personally not a fan of this and I cannot understand why others would get enjoyment out of watching a random bloke pulling stupid faces for 20 minutes (or however long it lasts).

If you weee capturing the post/pre match fan reactions then fair enough, but I just don’t get the point in this.... maybe just me.

Interesting point around the use of others images etc. I’d be interested to know if there are any steps you take to prevent annoying others around you and getting their consent for using their face online?

I’d rather we didn’t have this nonsense at st marys, but I suppose that’s the way the world is going (interesting to see the skate banned a lad who was doing this at their place...) and as long as you’re not harming anyone (which unless you can guarantee you will not capture anyone’s image without their consent, you potentially are), then crack on.

Do Sky, BT Sport, BBC, ITV all ask the crowd for consent before they film them and show it on national TV?

:lol:

My son was captured on video by TUI as he walked out of Bramall Lane on Saturday, without his consent, what should I do now?

My son was captured on video by TUI as he walked out of Bramall Lane on Saturday, without his consent, what should I do now?

Do as you see fit, Micky. I’m not saying he is any better or worse than any of these fan tv’s. Although, as previously stated, he is in breach of the clubs T&C’s for purchase of ticket by publishing material captured in the ground.

Good luck to you. I have no issues with it and the stats suggest that people get enjoyment from watching the Vlogs.

More than 4000 people have viewed the Sheffield video. Its not my bag but if people enjoy it so what. It takes all sorts.

So with saints average attendance of around 31,000 that means that only 12.9% of our average attendance have viewed it. You're also assuming everyone liked it, I would suggest this is not the case at all. So stats DO NOT suggest that people enjoy them.

about 95% of responses to the thumbs up thing are likes - that is a suggestion it is well received. Not all those may have watched it / peolpe that didnt like it may not want to thumbs down it (i did neither) etc so of course not a complete reflection but could reasonably be considered the best reflection of how it is received.

Not my cup of tea at all but thought id watch it - flicked through it a little but have to say i was pleasantly surprised. Not suggesting im going to watch every bit of every one but can see why people enjoy it. Interestingly you use stats about the average attendance but i think it has more appeal to people that dont go regularly and miss the buzz of the whole day. For highlights ill stick to proper telly but overall there is clearly a place for it (legalities pending).

One thing that gets me about modern society is there is a general lack of passion - people dont grab things and really go for it - this is what he has done, time and effort and a good product that some people enjoy - even if they dont - so what - well done for getting it all put together. Its very easy to put someone off doing something by bullying them in to believing their passion has no value because other people dont love it as much as the individual. Keep going as long as you want to!

about 95% of responses to the thumbs up thing are likes - that is a suggestion it is well received. Not all those may have watched it / peolpe that didnt like it may not want to thumbs down it (i did neither) etc so of course not a complete reflection but could reasonably be considered the best reflection of how it is received.

Not my cup of tea at all but thought id watch it - flicked through it a little but have to say i was pleasantly surprised. Not suggesting im going to watch every bit of every one but can see why people enjoy it. Interestingly you use stats about the average attendance but i think it has more appeal to people that dont go regularly and miss the buzz of the whole day. For highlights ill stick to proper telly but overall there is clearly a place for it (legalities pending).

One thing that gets me about modern society is there is a general lack of passion - people dont grab things and really go for it - this is what he has done, time and effort and a good product that some people enjoy - even if they dont - so what - well done for getting it all put together. Its very easy to put someone off doing something by bullying them in to believing their passion has no value because other people dont love it as much as the individual. Keep going as long as you want to!

It's received 203 likes out of of 4,257 views on youtube, so that figure suggests only 4.7% of people who viewed it enjoyed it.

Also interesting that pretty much everyone who has posted on here about it has said "not my thing but...…." So most people on here don't really get it either.

I'm not bullying, im just pointing out a few facts and warning the young man that he could be opening himself up to legal action. If anything I'm doing him a favour by putting things into perspective, not letting him get swept away on a wave of self-hysteria. I had to laugh at young Owens comment above "Did I ever imagine there’d be a day where Southampton FC post a video on their YouTube channel, in which I interview Mark ‘The Beast’ Labett off The Chase? Funnily enough, no."

No young man, I never imagined a time when people would film themselves making faces into a camera for 90 minutes week after week, upload it to social media and then congratulate yourself on how wonderful it was.

It's received 203 likes out of of 4,257 views on youtube, so that figure suggests only 4.7% of people who viewed it enjoyed it.

Also interesting that pretty much everyone who has posted on here about it has said "not my thing but...…." So most people on here don't really get it either.

I'm not bullying, im just pointing out a few facts and warning the young man that he could be opening himself up to legal action. If anything I'm doing him a favour by putting things into perspective, not letting him get swept away on a wave of self-hysteria. I had to laugh at young Owens comment above "Did I ever imagine there’d be a day where Southampton FC post a video on their YouTube channel, in which I interview Mark ‘The Beast’ Labett off The Chase? Funnily enough, no."

No young man, I never imagined a time when people would film themselves making faces into a camera for 90 minutes week after week, upload it to social media and then congratulate yourself on how wonderful it was.

God i wish this sh*t would f*ck off, i know plenty of people that don't want their face on camera at the football, and personally i'd prefer the club to give out a free ticket to the Saints DSA or some of our older fans than this pr*ck.