Owen The Saints Blog

OwenTheSaints

So with saints average attendance of around 31,000 that means that only 12.9% of our average attendance have viewed it. You're also assuming everyone liked it, I would suggest this is not the case at all. So stats DO NOT suggest that people enjoy them.

Well lets wait and see how many view the next one and if the total goes up then we can conclude that I am right if it goes down then you can be right.

Can't be as bad as those chaps at the back on Saturday who just killed the atmosphere by singing cr4p songs that no-one had any interest in getting involved with. The amount of times that others were trying to get other songs going, and just got drowned out by the "dock of the bay". Thought it was a bit of a shame as the atmosphere could and should have been excellent Saturday.

Well lets wait and see how many view the next one and if the total goes up then we can conclude that I am right if it goes down then you can be right.

Not really. The amount of views is irrelevant. It would need to have more than 50% likes for you to be right in your claim that "Stats show the majority of people like it" even then you're not polling the entire opinion of saints fans. As you can see on here quite a few people don't bother watching it as it's not their thing, so for the video to have achieved less than 6% likes despite it being "the thing" of the views is evidence as to how unpopular it is.

The people offended by this are far more embarrassing than the guy filming it. Saw some absolutely horrible tweets from so called "fans" talking about "sorting him out", crazy.

It's bizarre, I can't quite figure out why people are so angry about these vlogs. They really bring out the nastiness in some folk. There must be some psychological explanation for this.

The people offended by this are far more embarrassing than the guy filming it. Saw some absolutely horrible tweets from so called "fans" talking about "sorting him out", crazy.

You're assuming they mean violence. When in fact what they could mean is "sort him out" by giving him advice to improve the filming and content of his VLOG. Unfortunately people are quick to see the negatives in the way they think, perhaps they were going to offer some constructive criticism as to his performance and perhaps, as I have endevoured to do, offer advice on how he may be subject to legal proceedings.

Not really. The amount of views is irrelevant. It would need to have more than 50% likes for you to be right in your claim that "Stats show the majority of people like it" even then you're not polling the entire opinion of saints fans. As you can see on here quite a few people don't bother watching it as it's not their thing, so for the video to have achieved less than 6% likes despite it being "the thing" of the views is evidence as to how unpopular it is.

You have misquoted me; I said that the "stats suggest that people get enjoyment from watching the Vlogs" and everyone to their own. The Southampton crowd is a broad church and if some people want to view it then good luck to them I don't have an issue with that. I expect you look down on me because I go to games in a jesters hat.

Can you find me 10 of your favourite videos on YouTube and compare the number of likes to the number of views?

You have misquoted me; I said that the "stats suggest that people get enjoyment from watching the Vlogs" and everyone to their own. The Southampton crowd is a broad church and if some people want to view it then good luck to them I don't have an issue with that. I expect you look down on me because I go to games in a jesters hat.

You said stats suggest people enjoy the vlogs, the stats suggest anything but. You’ve simply quoted the number of views it had and passed this off as some sort of compelling evidence people are crawling all over each other to see them. You brought stats into this not me, so don’t get upset that you were wrong.

You said stats suggest people enjoy the vlogs, the stats suggest anything but. You’ve simply quoted the number of views it had and passed this off as some sort of compelling evidence people are crawling all over each other to see them. You brought stats into this not me, so don’t get upset that you were wrong.

4500 views now and 223 'likes'. I was guilty of liking it myself to strengthen my case but If the next vlog generates more views then that will demonstrate repeat custom and categorical evidence that people are enjoying the experience and I will have the satisfaction of being right.

4500 views now and 223 'likes'. I was guilty of liking it myself to strengthen my case but If the next vlog generates more views then that will demonstrate repeat custom and categorical evidence that people are enjoying the experience and I will have the satisfaction of being right.

Plenty of people I know have watched it and think it’s a load of sh*t, they’re not enjoying the experience. You’re making the false assumption everyone who watches it watches it all the way through and loves every second. A lot of people, myself included will watch a minute, realise it’s utter bilge and turn it off. The fact is that it only had 223 likes which is less than 6% of the viewers and an even tinier fraction of our total fan base. The stats do not support the claim you made, sorry about that but you’re wrong however much you might not like it.

Holy ****, I've just looked at the Terms and Conditions on the back of my matchday ticket for Sheffield United. It was written so small I could barely make out the words "Terms and Conditions", after that everything else was totally unintelligible. Thing is, I took a video of the team line up at the start of the game and panned around to show the Saints end, loads of fans..! I also uploaded it to my Instagram account as well, never asked nobody, just did it. Am I in deep poo....

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Edited by Micky

Plenty of people I know have watched it and think it’s a load of sh*t, they’re not enjoying the experience. You’re making the false assumption everyone who watches it watches it all the way through and loves every second. A lot of people, myself included will watch a minute, realise it’s utter bilge and turn it off. The fact is that it only had 223 likes which is less than 6% of the viewers and an even tinier fraction of our total fan base. The stats do not support the claim you made, sorry about that but you’re wrong however much you might not like it.

I have stumbled across some remarkable statistics that undermine your case. Just 3.4% of viewers of Susan Boyle viewers 'liked' the BGT clip, only 1.8% of viewers 'liked' Stokes innings against Australia and less than 1% liked Miss Philippines being crowned Miss World this year. 6% is a good return.

I have stumbled across some remarkable statistics that undermine your case. Just 3.4% of viewers of Susan Boyle viewers 'liked' the BGT clip, only 1.8% of viewers 'liked' Stokes innings against Australia and less than 1% liked Miss Philippines being crowned Miss World this year. 6% is a good return.

Yet 12% likes a weird bloke putting 50,000 gum balls into a Lego pool.

So there we have it. Owen the saints VLOG, 3 times more popular than Ben Stokes World Cup winning innings yet only half as popular as a moron putting balls into a Lego swimming pool. Sums up the target demographic of this VLOG. No wonder you defend it so passionately.

These videos are very popular with young people, it's good to see innovative people like Owen tap into that, sadly we do have a lot of backward supporters who struggle to grasp the modern world but hey ho.

I actually think a lot of the abuse stems from jealousy and envy.

Perhaps for some. Not sure what they’re meant to be jealous of.

Like marijuana though because it’s popular with young people it doesn’t make it legal.

Using someone’s image without their consent is a breach of personal data. The minimum requirement is people in the videos need to be made aware their images will be used and gain their consent otherwise it’s illegal in afraid.

Anyone had a letter from Sky asking if they can show there image when filming the crowd?

In any case Sky don't need too, so you clearly have no understanding of the law. An image of a crowd or a section of a crowd then data protection laws do not apply, so SKy can use these images without containing personal consent of every individual. However in the case of this VLOG most of the people captured in the image will not be the whole or section of the crowd, but individuals sitting or standing near where the VLOG is being filmed. In this instance everyone near with a risk of being filmed needs to be advised they will be filmed, what the video will be used for an either give their consent or given the opportunity to move. As this is an all seater stadium with tickets allocated to seats moving to another seat would likely not be possible so therefore any capture of their image is illegal and the video cannot be used.

The only people who could legally stop him from filming would be the owners of the stadium, in this case, Sheffield United.

Saints no doubt would have obtained permission from them.

If anyone in the videos has not given their consent he cannot use them and is sharing them illegally.

In any case Sky don't need too, so you clearly have no understanding of the law. An image of a crowd or a section of a crowd then data protection laws do not apply, so SKy can use these images without containing personal consent of every individual. However in the case of this VLOG most of the people captured in the image will not be the whole or section of the crowd, but individuals sitting or standing near where the VLOG is being filmed. In this instance everyone near with a risk of being filmed needs to be advised they will be filmed, what the video will be used for an either give their consent or given the opportunity to move. As this is an all seater stadium with tickets allocated to seats moving to another seat would likely not be possible so therefore any capture of their image is illegal and the video cannot be used.

:lol: Utter tripe mate.

You have a valid objection to this on the basis it's annoying. I'd stick to that line of argument.

What particular law would be broken? I'd be interested to hear.

A stadium is not a private place, where privacy would be expected and where images used without consent would be a breach of privacy laws. Provided that the images are not used in a defamatory way or for terrorist purposes, then there is no criminal offence. However, this is a rapidly changing area of the law.

You have no copyright over your own image. With regard to GDPR, it appears as though no personal information of anyone near to the video is being processed and kept by the Vlogger, so action by the ICO would be highly unlikely, although I profess to have only a very basic understanding of GDPR.

Looks like any redress would need to be via a Court order. Good luck.

Irrespective of the above, I personally find the whole Vlogging thing slightly distasteful and would rather not be captured in any football vlogging myself because a) I'm an ugly bastard, b) I would invariably be tanked up and c) I would undoubtedly be filmed being shockingly insulting to both away players and fans, thereby ruining my (any?!) reputation I may have outside of my "football mates".

If these lads keep the cameras in the Chapel or the Family Centre and I think it will all be OK.

LOL I have seen several photos and video of lots of fans on the website and on tv, were they all contacted to give consent ?... of course not :lol:

Can you put up a link to this law please so we can read it, just out of interest can newspapers do the same as some friends and myself were on a advert from the back page of the Echo

and the large poster of it was put up on the bill board at a cross roads along the milbrook road some years ago and I wish to know if I can sue them retrospectively:D

[emoji837] England V Kosovo

️ Sheffield Utd Away

[emoji837] On the March Debut

️ I cause a Twitter meltdown

[emoji837] Bournemouth Preview

Busy one this week! [emoji56]

Sheffield Utd 0-1 Saints: Blades of Glory

https://owenthesaintsblog.wordpress.com/2019/09/18/sheffield-utd-0-1-saints-blades-of-glory/

Thank you for all the comments on this thread in the past 24 hours. I have read them all and will take them onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I watched some of the vlog I did actually wonder about how people behind felt being on camera for so long, because at Fulham the guy in front of me was filming the fans singing and I felt a bit self-concious that I was front of shot! And that was one incident for a spell of about 10 seconds, not the whole game. Owen, has anyone ever asked you not to film them? If it was me I would probably be too polite to say anything and then sit there feeling awkward and uncomfortable for the entire afternoon - probably a bit like the guy at Sheffield who cast a few disparaging looks the way of the camera :lol:

It's not really my thing, so apart from feeling for the people inadvertently being filmed, what you do is up to you. I think you'd be better off talking about a goal (or major incident) after the celebrations though, when you can explain it a bit more calmly. Trying to explain the goal while jumping up and down feels like you're not really in the moment like everyone else, which given you're clearly a big fan obviously shouldn't be the case! Just celebrate normally and see what the camera picks up - a Saints goal to take the lead away from home is such a rare thing it seems a shame for you to not experience it to the fullest.

LOL I have seen several photos and video of lots of fans on the website and on tv, were they all contacted to give consent ?... of course not :lol:

Can you put up a link to this law please so we can read it, just out of interest can newspapers do the same as some friends and myself were on a advert from the back page of the Echo

and the large poster of it was put up on the bill board at a cross roads along the milbrook road some years ago and I wish to know if I can sue them retrospectively:D

I bet you also think it's okay to drive at 37 in a 30 as well dont you pal. Justifying it as you didn't run anyone over. Don't worry mate, if you want to support a criminal enterprise then that's up to you. Personally i'd rather stay the right side of the law.

What particular law would be broken? I'd be interested to hear.

A stadium is not a private place, where privacy would be expected and where images used without consent would be a breach of privacy laws. Provided that the images are not used in a defamatory way or for terrorist purposes, then there is no criminal offence. However, this is a rapidly changing area of the law.

You have no copyright over your own image. With regard to GDPR, it appears as though no personal information of anyone near to the video is being processed and kept by the Vlogger, so action by the ICO would be highly unlikely, although I profess to have only a very basic understanding of GDPR.

Looks like any redress would need to be via a Court order. Good luck.

Irrespective of the above, I personally find the whole Vlogging thing slightly distasteful and would rather not be captured in any football vlogging myself because a) I'm an ugly bastard, b) I would invariably be tanked up and c) I would undoubtedly be filmed being shockingly insulting to both away players and fans, thereby ruining my (any?!) reputation I may have outside of my "football mates".

If these lads keep the cameras in the Chapel or the Family Centre and I think it will all be OK.

:lol: Utter tripe mate.

You have a valid objection to this on the basis it's annoying. I'd stick to that line of argument.

Nope.

That particularly strong privacy law exists in France, but not in this country.

Wrong, changed in May 2018, we are all under GDPR now

"A video recording of an identifiable person naturally forms part of an individual’s personal data. The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which will apply throughout the European Union from May 2018,"

I bet you also think it's okay to drive at 37 in a 30 as well dont you pal. Justifying it as you didn't run anyone over. Don't worry mate, if you want to support a criminal enterprise then that's up to you. Personally i'd rather stay the right side of the law.

If someone was caught on camera doing that could they sue because they didn't give permission to have the picture taken:scared:

Criminal enterprise:lol: is that sister ship to the Enterprise?

When you go to a match you must miss a lot of it by checking if someone is accidently and "illegally" filming you.... :blush:

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

"A video recording of an identifiable person naturally forms part of an individual’s personal data. The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which will apply throughout the European Union from May 2018,"

Nah, your post is tripe. Fact.

I haven't the time or inclination to explain why in detail but some points to consider are:

- to whom the law applies

- alternative bases for processing other than consent

Interestingly though, I note that Saints featured the last video on their own channels. Now SFC clearly is subject to GDPR and DPA. As is YouTube.

Edited by benjii

That's right, it does. But it means nothing without any other identifiers. It's just a face, whose, I've no idea.

I quite like reading most of your posts mate - but you're talking utter dog shyte here. We all get the fact that vlogs are not your thing, and that's your prerogative, if I'm honest, it's probably not for me either - but each to their own. Nobody is getting killed here - it's a guy with a camera at a football match, calm down. Probably best to stop digging before you get too deep.

:mcinnes:

Just accept defeat, you tried to be clever and have been proven wrong. Take the L.