The latest telegraph article

hypochondriac

I wonder if we leaked that Forster and Redmond have been ****e or if he worked that out for himself.

I think he could have included Long, Tadic, Davis (decline related) and Ward-Prowse in the under performing/not-good-enough category. Interesting to note the comments about Boufal being sought by other Clubs; I'm not surprised - he would be much more effective with better attacking team mates.

Yeah sounds like feedage if Redmond and Forster were dropped at time of press (or article publication).

Scary and sobering article - reckon there's a team down the line for us who sees us as a team to challenge the top or just cash pocketing fodder? Time will tell

What a revolting, self aggrandising article. Have no time for Pellegrino and wanted him gone a long time ago but whoever else in the hierachy fed this to the DT they do not have any place at SFC. Who appointed Puel and Pellegrino then? Poor journalism - nowhere near enough critical perspective.

Nah, Stephens was already part of the squad when Fonte was here.

Bednarek wasn't . He replaced Stephens as the "promising youngster"in the squad. Stephens replaced Yoshida as the "first change" & Yoshida steps into the Fonte role. Wes replacing VvD. Gardos remains in the dead weight role. Whether they're able to step into those roles is beside the point. The point being that Fonte has been replaced, unless you really believe that we should carry 6 centre halves in the squad.

Fonte wouldn't get in our side now. Yoshida would probably have replaced him in the pecking order by now anyway. Getting Wes in before selling VvD made absolute sense, the club would have been criticised had they done it the other way round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

It's almost like some of us were saying that Puel being sacked was because he'd lost the players isn't it?

How much of that is Puel's fault? Genuine question. Whether they didn't buy in to his tactics is one thing but there's 2 important factors that were completely out of his control:

He had Fonte being a complete **** post-euros; our captain, the rolemodel; and whatever happened there it meant Fonte was benched/sat out all 6 Europa games. We heard stories on here about Fonte, Redmond and some others making jokes about Puel at the awards night. Not Puel's fault.

He had our massively bloated squad with a whole bunch of players demanding game time. Again not his fault.

166m to Liverpool and it’s been great business for Saints?

Seriously now Les, we have one team in the champions league and going very well each week while the other is nosediving down the league.

I think your the mug not Liverpool, you’re ****ing obsessed with them in fact.

It’s not like Saints set out to sell players to Liverpool, is it? They wanted to go for money, prestige, history etc. We tried keeping a player against his will this season, how did that work out?

The fundamental problem with our team isn’t defence, it’s goong forward. Our players can’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo - you’ve only got to watch the shooting practice pre-match to see that’s the problem. All trying for worldies and not even working the goal keeper. Roll out the electric shock machine and punish anyone who doesn’t hit the target I say.

How much of that is Puel's fault? Genuine question. Whether they didn't buy in to his tactics is one thing but there's 2 important factors that were completely out of his control:

He had Fonte being a complete **** post-euros; our captain, the rolemodel; and whatever happened there it meant Fonte was benched/sat out all 6 Europa games. We heard stories on here about Fonte, Redmond and some others making jokes about Puel at the awards night. Not Puel's fault.

He had our massively bloated squad with a whole bunch of players demanding game time. Again not his fault.

Hmm.. ‘making jokes about Puel’ and it’s not his fault?