Watford v Saints - Match Thread

St Chalet

So...what's the difference today then?

Tadic on the left.

No Redmond to slow things down.

Watford are a bit **** though.

One of the differences has been Shane Long showing dash and control down the flanks and providing JWP with two side footed opportunities to score, the second via Tadic from Long. I hope this doesn't mean Pellegrino is off the hook.

Most important half of the season coming up. We have to win this now.

Let's just hope the 2-0 cushion doesn't cause Pellegrino to revert to type.... need to keep pressing for more goals.... but I guess we'll start to sit back early in the 2nd half unfortunately

Well, no need to look for a striker in the window; we have James Ward-Prowse.

A good performance first half, especially when we had the confidence boost from our first goal. McCarthy acquitted himself well with a good save and two good takes from inward strikes. Defence much tighter with Cedric and Hoedt back. A fantastic strike from Hoedt almost scoring when he saw Gomez off his line. Midfield commanding with Romeu decent and Hojbjerg very good again. Long having a good game, typically fighting for every half chance and causing panic with his pace. Bertrand effective getting up the left and Cedric up the right. Bertrand putting in some some crosses. Tadic has been showing the skill he possesses and looks up for it.

Provided that we continue playing like this, three points should be in the bag. But I know better than to count my chickens when Pellegrino has shown some poor tactical ability when we let a goal in and pressure builds.

Anyone else sitting there at half time still feeling nervous about the result despite being 2-0 up and a good performance.... or just me? :)

The memory of Middlesbrough at home in 04/05 is firmly ingrained in my brain and I’ll always be nervous until there’s about a minute left of stoppage time.

Front 3 having a blinder!

Well done Long, JWP & Tadic

With JWP & Davis already being on the pitch (who normally come on for defensive reasons) there's no negative subs possible? Every sub would either be like for like or attacking?

Just a change of tactics more than personnel if needed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk