Watford v Saints - Post Match Meltdown

St Chalet

****ing disgrace. We deserved 3 points here. Watford are a shocking team. They claim for every foul, every handball, but just physical and dirty long ball merchants.

That needs to be Roger East's last ever game at top level football. Bent as ****. Just look at the yellow card stats. never mind the goal that never was.

****ing fuming.

Handball equalizer is the worst thing that could happen. MP can claim a moral victory. But that result was coming as soon as the second half whistle was blown. You just can't sit back like that and expect a result. Not with the quality of players we have and their level of confidence.

Pellegrino is poor manager. If we had won, he still would be. We certainly looked a different team in the second half AGAIN, but then so did Watford.

None of that changes the fact that Doucoure punched the ball into the goal. Our players should have gone apesh1t but I only saw some half hearted appeals.

A draw and a sacking would still be a good outcome, but in truth I don't think we're in a position to throw away 2 goal leads if we have ambitions to stay up.

BBC Sport:

"'Clear handball from Doucoure'

Watford 2-2 Southampton

Kevin Kilbane

Former Republic of Ireland winger on Final Score

I think Doucoure has been one of the best players in the Premier League this year - but that is clear handball. He's got his hand up by his head - it's as clear a handball as you're ever likely to see - it's a disgrace, an absolute disgrace. Southampton desperately needed this win, and the officials have robbed them, it's really poor." And I bet at the end of the season those 2 points lost are the ones which see us relegated and Watford stay up.

Just another day in the life of Saints. Who didn't think we would concede 2 goals when Saints got that first goal? This is just like the first game of Redknapp's management where we were two up and conceded an equaliser right at the end. Never recovered and ended up relegated. This season is heading the same way thanks to the Dilberts in charge of the club.

****ing disgrace. We deserved 3 points here. Watford are a shocking team. They claim for every foul, every handball, but just physical and dirty long ball merchants.

That needs to be Roger East's last ever game at top level football. Bent as ****. Just look at the yellow card stats. never mind the goal that never was.

****ing fuming.

Roger East, lives in Salisbury, I think born in Romsey area.

Feels just like the last Prem relegation, lots of late goals, draws against crap teams.

Too many 2nd halves suicided by the idiot manager.

Too many spineless players.

They utterly destroyed us in the second half and we had no answer.

****ing fuming.

Shame our players didn't do that a bit more when Doucoure scored.

That was as "on your knees capitulation" in the second half as you'll ever see. Yes, their equaliser should have been disallowed, but why did our Manager wait so long to try and wrest the momentum and energy back? Lemina was the right change for Davis, but both Tadic and Ward-Prowse were completely uninvolved in the second half but our Manager waited until the 93rd minute to make those two attacking changes, even though we had completely retreated in the second half and handed the initiative to Watford. Pellegrino just has to be removed.

How many more times does this cretin need to lose a lead before he understands that his tactical changes are momentum and game-surrendering?

And how may more killer goals will come from a Davis turnover in midfield?

East was sh*t but he didn't change our tactics.

Hanging on from the first minute of the second half, What does MP tell the players as they come out bloody clueless.

Don't blame the handball as Watford would of score eventually as we did **** all second half to put the game to bed.

Why did he not think about Sims, Gabby and Boufal on the 70th minute mark, Was he **** scare to do something as he knows he is a c.unt when it comes to subs.

****ing muppet has failed to win again.

Once again we throw away a lead. Relegation form. Lucky not to lose even before the handball equaliser.

Squad just isn't good enough I reckon.

It's the same squad that played the first half. It's the tactics or lack of them. They must all sit around at half time in the dressing rooms all on their phones. Clueless second half as usual. We would be confortably mid table if we had our results from our first half performances.

Worst result possible.

I disagree. A defeat would have worse. I think drawing after being 2 up may well see Pellegrino leave - his tactics are not working.

Notwithstanding the obvious cheating handball equaliser. I do feel hard done by because of that.

Should've made subs earlier. That's what cost us ultimately.

Sat back too much 2nd half.

The lack of a trusted centre half on the bench cost us too, as we should have gone 3 at the back once Deeny came on. That would also have resulted in Davis being substituted and so he wouldn't have been on the pitch to give the ball away for the first Watford goal.

If any pundit says "these things even themselves out" about the equaliser, I will fly back to England just too stalk and punch them.

Great first half though.