Protests Against the Clown Manager

Wiggles31

Probably already too late, next game, home against Spurs on TV. As Guan said previously we need to be more nasty. Let’s do our utmost to force the Chinese owners to get rid of MP and clearly let the general public and media know of our opinion of this Buffon. As we stand this clueless bloke is going to take us down - we’ve been there before and know how difficult it is to come back up. So what are we gunna do?!!!

Ideas for songs and banners please!!!!

If there is a protest, it either needs to be everyone or nobody. A couple of blokes waving their hankies just looks embarrassing.

I’d like to hear some Les Reed Out chants personally.

Everyone then. I'm in. It's a perfect match for it. We'll lose regardless and it's on TV.

Remember the protest we did when Adkins got sacked? Two blokes waving a hanky.

The fact we've allowed Les Reed and Kat to flog our best players time n time again and then sell the club to a chap with no interest or money tells you all you need to know.

Too many "just happy to have a club" types who have sat silent during our decline.

The fact we've allowed Les Reed and Kat to flog our best players time n time again and then sell the club to a chap with no interest or money tells you all you need to know.

Too many "just happy to have a club" types who have sat silent during our decline.

Spot on

Vote with your feet. Boycott the next home game against spurs which we are more than likely to lose anyhow. Half empty stadium and those inside can make themselves heard/seen would send a message. The game is live on sky if you really wanted to see it.

If they do sack him Billy, is someone else lined up?

Cheers

Vote with your feet. Boycott the next home game against spurs which we are more than likely to lose anyhow. Half empty stadium and those inside can make themselves heard/seen would send a message. The game is live on sky if you really wanted to see it.

Pathetic throwing in of the towel. I think we will win.

Yeah like the 'nice' Southampton fans will do anything about it apart from few grumbles on a forum

why not just protest from outside the ground, cameras would be viewing an empty stadium to start with , or turn our backs in the ground on the game , the PR machine couldn't ignore it , going in late would affect the stewards as well , as they'd have to keep manning the turnstiles

We are generally an apathetic bunch.

I remember standing to sing ‘Lowe out’....and the bloke behind got all grumpy and we almost had a ruck because he thought all was well with the club.

Quite amusing that we had to be separated by our own fans in a apologetic manner.

None deemed it worthy to speak out against Lowe et al.

No chance now of a cohesive demonstration or protest against the board or manager.

I will quite happily organise/partake in another attempt at a meet at the Ted Bates statue prior to any game and show our displeasure at the running of our club.

Might just get TV/Radio AirPlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally in life I’m not a quitter as wont accept relegation until we are Down. I hope the players are in the same camp as me and don’t give up like you seem to have done with 15 games to go and we aren’t even in the bottom 3.

Some of our fans are a disgrace. Oh but don’t tell me , you pay your money and can do what you like.

Personally in life I’m not a quitter as wont accept relegation until we are Down. I hope the players are in the same camp as me and don’t give up like you seem to have done with 15 games to go and we aren’t even in the bottom 3.

Some of our fans are a disgrace. Oh but don’t tell me , you pay your money and can do what you like.

“Some of our fans are a disgrace” - we had 5,000 at Fulham singing their hearts out despite our awful run. Fans in good voice again today despite a “disgrace” of a performance in the second half.

Some of the keyboard “I’m a better fan than you” warriors on here are embarrassing. It’s not a case of doing what they like, it’s a case of advocating the removal of someone who is , statistically, one of the worst managers in our history.

They are just weak. Imagine if they lived in past ages where they’d have to go into battle and show some character Wouldn’t be enough incontinence pants to go round

They are just weak. Imagine if they lived in past ages where they’d have to go into battle and show some character Wouldn’t be enough incontinence pants to go round
I'm surprised you feel the onus is on the fans to deny the evidence in front of their faces rather than the board to actually do something to give us some hope.

Is free with the above, we are unlikely to get half a usual attendance - however can we think of a collective song plus banner to sing to catch the masses watching on TV.

Stoke did it and it was picked up on MOTD before Hughes was sacked. For some reason us Saints fans get the odd “disgruntled fans” mark in the press match reviews - it’s hits us much more than that and we need to show it.

Again chant and banner ideas (other than booing and “your get sacked in the morning).

I presume you're talking about our fearless leaders?

dr.-bunsen-honeydew-beaker-the-muppet-show.jpg

This on a banner with a suitable caption might get some media attention.

Recalling the one unfurled v QPR a few seasons ago, perhaps 'If Carlsberg did buffoons to run Football Clubs.'

I'm surprised you feel the onus is on the fans to deny the evidence in front of their faces rather than the board to actually do something to give us some hope.

I am expecting the board to do something. Fans just react to what is happening - the thought that they are some collective with power is laughable. And to suggest to not attend the Spurs game is ridiculous and I don’t want to be associated with lame cnts like that and haven’t given up hope. MP isn’t up to job but I’m not throwing in the towel. That is all

We can be far more effective with support than protest....

And pathetic comments like 'We've allowed Kat etc to sell...' are just an embarrassment - who do you want to be - the skates?

The atmosphere at most away matches is superb....we need to generate that support at home, note - 'Support' not protest!

And pathetic comments like 'We've allowed Kat etc to sell...' are just an embarrassment - who do you want to be - the skates?

The atmosphere at most away matches is superb....we need to generate that support at home, note - 'Support' not protest!

Agreed. The support today was good, and but for a blatant cheating goal would have helped us to 3 pts. The team have the ability to keep us up. Support them, FFS.

The manager worries me. But changing him now will lose us any deals in this window and there's no guarantee we'll get better. Back him.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Five years ago this month we were in the bottom half and sacked a manager just before a TV game.

Five years on the fanbase are once again furious about Mauricio P but the circumstances are all rather different.

If he hasn't gone by then then absolutely a visible protest at the Spurs game is correct - fanbase have to humiliate the board into action.

It's unbelievable he still has a job. Should have gone after Leicester. Should have gone after Spurs. Should have gone after Palace.

There are no signs of addressing our problems.

It's not being a "quitter" to want to try to do something about it before it's too late.

It's unbelievable he still has a job. Should have gone after Leicester. Should have gone after Spurs. Should have gone after Palace.

There are no signs of addressing our problems.

It's not being a "quitter" to want to try to do something about it before it's too late.

I do think KBSS is right though - it was gates falling to 10 or 11k that did for Branfoot. The protests were long, loud and well publicised, but money talked. That and having trouble attracting sponsors. A few drunken idiots will probably go too far v Spurs, get themselves a conviction and MP still be there.

Agreed. The support today was good, and but for a blatant cheating goal would have helped us to 3 pts. The team have the ability to keep us up. Support them, FFS.

The manager worries me. But changing him now will lose us any deals in this window and there's no guarantee we'll get better. Back him.

I'll back the players but there is no way I'll back the manager. He's taking us down and I said that to ericb after the away game at Huddersfield.

As an aside I rode through Wem today as I do on a semi-regular basis, and saw someone in a BHA top which I though was a tad random. Lovely place though.

For what it's worth, the best way to get the attention of the board is via widespread public attention. The recent telegraph article is clearly placed by the club to try and get fans on side. So (and as Guan mentioned) get your messages (as politely as possible - crudity will work against us) on social media etc. repeatedly. Also write to the club, owner, Ralph, Reed, MoPe, separately and cc. the Echo, Telegraph, Daily Fail etc. etc. and they will not be able to ignore it. Few chants at a game will get forgotten soon enough.

I am happy to draft a letter for people to copy and send, if there is willingness on here? Some thing has to change or we are surely down, and I want to try whatever I can to avoid that if possible.

I'll back the players but there is no way I'll back the manager. He's taking us down and I said that to ericb after the away game at Huddersfield.

As an aside I rode through Wem today as I do on a semi-regular basis, and saw someone in a BHA top which I though was a tad random. Lovely place though.

You know that's where I live?

Yes, as it's next to your avatar under location; The Metropolis of Wem.
Doh. [emoji849]

And that's where I am now. Still sulking and seething that such a cash rich Prem league can't do what every other sport has done - embrace proper video referral technology.

Edited by Shroppie

Dreamer .....

[Toomer]Those of us who were around when the Branfoot out protest were taking place they were nasty at times.

Yeah I remember that, one guy in particular that was by the tunnel made himself known. Watching, I thought he

went too far, but I could also see that he loved doing what he was doing, stirring things up. In his late thirties and shouting anything that

he wanted at Branfoot. I felt a kind of sadness for them both.

We are generally an apathetic bunch.

I remember standing to sing ‘Lowe out’....and the bloke behind got all grumpy and we almost had a ruck because he thought all was well with the club.

Quite amusing that we had to be separated by our own fans in a apologetic manner.

None deemed it worthy to speak out against Lowe et al.

No chance now of a cohesive demonstration or protest against the board or manager.

I will quite happily organise/partake in another attempt at a meet at the Ted Bates statue prior to any game and show our displeasure at the running of our club.

Might just get TV/Radio AirPlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of fan on fan during that period. Not nice.

People have the right to protest but it is counter productive to protest during a match in my opinion. You might as well cheer for the opposition.

History shows that there is a stage in the season that the players from a free falling club do not give a rats ass if the club gets relegated or not, they just prepare for it knowing that they will be leaving if the club get relegated and they will just move to another club on a better contract and money than they are on now.

It’s a cant lose situation for them .