Protests Against the Clown Manager

Wiggles31

Agreed. The support today was good, and but for a blatant cheating goal would have helped us to 3 pts. The team have the ability to keep us up. Support them, FFS.

The manager worries me. But changing him now will lose us any deals in this window and there's no guarantee we'll get better. Back him.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This

Solves nothing. Stupid negative idea

I disgagree and you should read the post by Guan that makes it clear that the company are very averse to negative publicity (which should be obvious given their penchant for spin, choice of pet reporter, the fact that the owner comes from a culture where 'face' is essential in both life and business and so on) and it would do a great deal of harm to the brand and future revenue-generating operations were this to be hurt by such adverse publicity and would be something that those corporate types (RK, for example) would undoubtedly fear.

The only thing you probably should do is coordinate with each other and across the different elements of the fan base e.g. not 606/TUI to present things 'better' for 'media approval'.

Get a f*cking grip. Going on about protests and saying we're "definitely down". Bookies have us down as 8th favourites for the drop. They can look at things a lot more objectively than we can.

Our 'fans' are half creating this situation themselves by getting so ahead of themselves and creating this toxic atmosphere which is clearly rubbing off on the players. Take a deep breath, get those pathetic Cortese quotes about Europe and top 4 out of your heads and start supporting this club like you're meant to.

Get a f*cking grip. Going on about protests and saying we're "definitely down". Bookies have us down as 8th favourites for the drop. They can look at things a lot more objectively than we can.

Our 'fans' are half creating this situation themselves by getting so ahead of themselves and creating this toxic atmosphere which is clearly rubbing off on the players. Take a deep breath, get those pathetic Cortese quotes about Europe and top 4 out of your heads and start supporting this club like you're meant to.

Strangely, this is where I am as a fan, but I'm not optimistic about our chances of staying up. If I was to choose between protest or support, then it would be support every time.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

As a protest everyone should walk out at half time against Spurs. They'll get to see a half-decent performance 1st half and miss an abject sh!t 2nd half performance where we defend the six yard box, heroically hoofing the ball anywhere and we ship goals after another Churchillian inspired half-time team talk from Coco Pellegrino

This is what I think will happen.

1 - attacking transfers this window (probably 2)

2 - give the manager until the end of this window to a) see if he can actually defend a ****!ng lead b) not give any incomings the fear of being on a rudderless ship

3 - sack him early Feb as 2a is highly unlikely and they'll have had enough time to sound out potential replacements.

This. Our ‘fans’ are an embarrassment. Get behind the club ffs. If Les is behind Mope, we should back Mope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a protest everyone should walk out at half time against Spurs. They'll get to see a half-decent performance 1st half and miss an abject sh!t 2nd half performance where we defend the six yard box, heroically hoofing the ball anywhere and we ship goals after another Churchillian inspired half-time team talk from Coco Pellegrino

If we are four down, most will walk out anyway...can we still call it a protest?

This exactly. Some of us have enough objectivity to remember back to nearly not having a club. It’s not about happy clapping, it’s about facts. Now we have bed wetting princesses all over the place moaning about a manager having a tough time and not winning every week. We’re Southampton, not Real Madrid. Stop crying, start supporting. Unless a few on here want to admit they’d actually like the club to be relegated so they can whack off over a fella losing his job?

Our fans this season have been an utter embarrassment. Never thought I’d hear our bunch be such entitled tos*ers as to think we are any better than a bottom half PL team.

Best thing about potentially going down would be to f**k off a bunch of the ‘Saints are for PL, not for life brigade’.

This exactly. Some of us have enough objectivity to remember back to nearly not having a club. It’s not about happy clapping, it’s about facts. Now we have bed wetting princesses all over the place moaning about a manager having a tough time and not winning every week. We’re Southampton, not Real Madrid. Stop crying, start supporting. Unless a few on here want to admit they’d actually like the club to be relegated so they can whack off over a fella losing his job?

Our fans this season have been an utter embarrassment. Never thought I’d hear our bunch be such entitled tos*ers as to think we are any better than a bottom half PL team.

Best thing about potentially going down would be to f**k off a bunch of the ‘Saints are for PL, not for life brigade’.

Are you confusing a few moaning on the Internet for ALL Southampton supporters?

I have seen nothing in the stadiums this season which is much more than a few moans and maybe the occasional booing?

There won't be any protest and even if there is, it won't be like the Branfoot era.. stop over reacting!

In all honesty boycotting games won’t harm the club

as most supporters are season ticket holders so will have paid regardless.

There is a fine line between expectancy and reality

We will like it or not always be a selling club

It is Southampton’s way of business developing youth players or buying in younger players to make large sell on profits

Fans in the modern game mean very little to clubs.

With all the tv money and other income, there is a loss of togetherness uniting the club with its bread and butter.

Personally I think our bubble has burst, the academy conveyor belt of rising stars has slowed

Is Pellegrino the right bloke ? Again it’s opinion, but when you being asset stripped and inherit

a team of big time “billy big Beau locks” who some don’t give a toss and want out

then getting the balance right would be difficult for whoever was manager

I have seen nothing in the stadiums this season which is much more than a few moans and maybe the occasional booing?

There won't be any protest and even if there is, it won't be like the Branfoot era.. stop over reacting!

The overreaction was that voiced by fans after Stoke game in May and has carried on through this season. If you don’t boo like me, then clearly you’re not who I’m referring to.

A protest against Southampton FC being bottom half of the top division of English football would be utterly absurd. I’m strongly suggesting people do not overreact.

In all honesty boycotting games won’t harm the club

as most supporters are season ticket holders so will have paid regardless.

There is a fine line between expectancy and reality

We will like it or not always be a selling club

It is Southampton’s way of business developing youth players or buying in younger players to make large sell on profits

Fans in the modern game mean very little to clubs.

With all the tv money and other income, there is a loss of togetherness uniting the club with its bread and butter.

Personally I think our bubble has burst, the academy conveyor belt of rising stars has slowed

Is Pellegrino the right bloke ? Again it’s opinion, but when you being asset stripped and inherit

a team of big time “billy big Beau locks” who some don’t give a toss and want out

then getting the balance right would be difficult for whoever was manager

Agree with most of that bar the first sentence. Boycotts will make the board fearful in their planning for next season onwards because are those empty ST seats going to renew with the dire defensive rubbish served up? If you think your gates will halve that’s a huge revenue gap and we may have to manage some big earners like Forster who we can’t shift. At least in 08/09 we had kids but played the right way, frustratingin us getting physically bullied at times but the actual attempt to play decent football was there and wasn’t often bored

Vote with your feet. Boycott the next home game against spurs which we are more than likely to lose anyhow. Half empty stadium and those inside can make themselves heard/seen would send a message. The game is live on sky if you really wanted to see it.

Spot on, and congregate outside SMS for the duration, lots of Sky coverage in real time.

The fact we've allowed Les Reed and Kat to flog our best players time n time again and then sell the club to a chap with no interest or money tells you all you need to know.

Too many "just happy to have a club" types who have sat silent during our decline.

That's summed it up well in a few words. Vote with your feet,wether that's this season or next. It's the only thing they will understand,LOSS OF MONEY.

Just like the board were behind Branfoot. Were we wrong then?

Strikes me as a little subservient.

You have always a hardcore at every club who are pro club whatever happens. Hardcore who were pro Lowe, will be Stoke fans who wanted Hughes to stay etc. They’ll be small but will always be there. I don’t agree either but entitled to their view

Rubbish. Our home supports been absolutely woeful this season. Thousands leaving early because we’re losing, booing our own players and absolutely zero atmosphere. It’s not a “few” either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have always a hardcore at every club who are pro club whatever happens. Hardcore who were pro Lowe, will be Stoke fans who wanted Hughes to stay etc. They’ll be small but will always be there. I don’t agree either but entitled to their view

I agree that everyone is entitled to their view.

All dress up as clowns. V good visuals for non-Saints supporters like me to take the p1ss

Fixed it for you.

I do wonder sometimes about the mentality of certain Saints fans...other clubs fans would get behind the team and manager when the chips are down but what do we do...boo and chant “you don’t know what you’re doing”! Talk about self-fulfilling prophesy...

Fixed it for you.

I do wonder sometimes about the mentality of certain Saints fans...other clubs fans would get behind the team and manager when the chips are down but what do we do...boo and chant “you don’t know what you’re doing”! Talk about self-fulfilling prophesy...

Watford fans were booing throughout the first half, and look what happened.

The fans are in no way responsible for the team’s bad form.

Watford fans were booing throughout the first half, and look what happened.

The fans are in no way responsible for the team’s bad form.

What happened was one of their players cheated and was allowed to get away with it...pure and simple.

The fans are at least partly if not significantly responsible for the teams good form.

Spot on, and congregate outside SMS for the duration, lots of Sky coverage in real time.

I think a realistic approach could be for fans to gather in the concouse and not take their seats for the first half (or first 20 minutes, or however long is appropriate). A fan boycott is just not going to happen because 1 person boycotting won't make a difference, so each individual person doesn't want to risk being the only person to miss out. Waiting outside the stadium could work, but if you've made the effort to go to the stadium, are you really not going to watch ANY of the game?

Whereas if everyone is together, and can see other people making a stand, they're more likely to go with it. Obviously organising it is another thing!

Fixed it for you.

If you really think that then I'm not sure you've watched enough football... Saints fans aren't any better than others, but they're not any worse either. Sometimes if a manager has done well for a period but is currently struggling there may be more support than normal, but then again I'm not sure Pardew at Newcastle or Hughes at Stoke would agree.

I think a realistic approach could be for fans to gather in the concouse and not take their seats for the first half (or first 20 minutes, or however long is appropriate). A fan boycott is just not going to happen because 1 person boycotting won't make a difference, so each individual person doesn't want to risk being the only person to miss out. Waiting outside the stadium could work, but if you've made the effort to go to the stadium, are you really not going to watch ANY of the game?

Whereas if everyone is together, and can see other people making a stand, they're more likely to go with it. Obviously organising it is another thing!

Miss out on what :lol:

It's a difficult one really.

Boycotting may be the only way to send a message to the board, but that will not help the team. The team need the fans behind them. Boo and do whatever after the game, but not during it.. IMO.

Fact of the matter is you do need to hit the board where it hurts, if you want them to take note, and that's their pockets and reputation. Most will have already paid for tickets to the game so wouldn't make a difference anyway.

Personally, I'd rather see a congregation outside the main entrance - chanting for the manager and the boards head. That way, you can support the team, whilst also show your displeasure and with the sky camera's there it's the perfect opportunity to 'embarrass the club'.

What ever you think of our Manager he is an honourable and decent individual so calling him calling him insulting names would only I imagine make the board dig their heels in further.

Personally I think the team need a psychiatrist not a new Manager to sort out their mental approach.

What ever you think of our Manager he is an honourable and decent individual so calling him calling him insulting names would only I imagine make the board dig their heels in further.

Personally I think the team need a psychiatrist not a new Manager to sort out their mental approach.

Psychiastrist ? What most of them need is a good old fashioned kick up the backside. Used to work wonders and was totally cost free.Perhaps that's why so many clubs in difficulty are turning to old school managers of late. Footballers seem to need to be mollycoddled, tell them they've played well when they're really crap etc.Look at Luke Shaw, snce Jose got on his case publicly last season he's done a bit better, still not what he was but better.

Psychiastrist ? What most of them need is a good old fashioned kick up the backside. Used to work wonders and was totally cost free.Perhaps that's why so many clubs in difficulty are turning to old school managers of late. Footballers seem to need to be mollycoddled, tell them they've played well when they're really crap etc.

Jesus wept. How many assertions, clichés and unevidenced claims can you squeeze in one paragraph.