Pelligrino out protest

dogger

OK guys we need to set up a protest with the Echo and Sky lets talk to Matt Le Tissier to help us out this is the worst Manager ever in my 60 odd years of supporting Saints I have emailed the Echo and awaiting a reply to see if they can get this across to Les Reed

OK guys we need to set up a protest with the Echo and Sky lets talk to Matt Le Tissier to help us out this is the worst Manager ever in my 60 odd years of supporting Saints I have emailed the Echo and awaiting a reply to see if they can get this across to Les Reed

Le tiss won’t get involved he’s right in with club. Defends them at every turn.

Le tiss won’t get involved he’s right in with club. Defends them at every turn.
He didn't defend them today on Soccer Saturday. He obviously told them he wouldn't comment. Silence spoke volumes. Charlie Nicolas pretty much hit the nail on the head and Le Tizz was nodding.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

What does your email say?

No chance !

Swing Reed

Swing Leslie Reed

Swing him from the Itchen Bridge

Was in a pub once after a Sunday game having a meal with my missus in the season after we went down and there was about 20 people at the bar singing the Rupert version. I think it was tied in with the Woodward link iirc

We aren't capabe of organising a decent movement, As a set of fans we have pretty much no sway or power over the club unlike many other teams who have proper supporters groups !

Think supporters groups wouldn’t make a lot of difference in this instance. Unless Gao or his consortia attend games regularly, they are thousands of miles away so not much impact there. Reed and Freddie Kreuger are putting their fingers in their ears.

Think supporters groups wouldn’t make a lot of difference in this instance. Unless Gao or his consortia attend games regularly, they are thousands of miles away so not much impact there. Reed and Freddie Kreuger are putting their fingers in their ears.

There is one strategy that might work...

Instead of allowing focus to briefly touch on one aspect of protest, make it multi-factor. The sky cameras are there, and need to fill time, before and after the match next Saturday. 4pm is prime time on a sunday, so the world will be watching.

This strategy also allows for people who wish to protest in different ways. First of all, for those that wish to boycott the game. Wouldn't have to to be a million man march, but if you could get 1000+ fans turning up outside the stadium from 3pm onward, and handing out 'pellegrino must go/Pellegrino out' A4 banners/chanting against MP (while not intimidating anyone who wouldn't take a banner, otherwise club would just shift focus to that), sky would be straight on it, as would BBC, in their pre match coverage. If they stayed outside and sung throughout the match while spurs tonk us, even more so. And if they are still there even after the match, joined by fans who have just witnessed us lose again, what an impact.

For those attending, anti MP songs for those to wish for him to leave of course, also A4 banners (easier to conceal). I've asked a friend more skilled with photoshop to knock up 5 designs for a preview on Tuesday (for example #LoveSaints but i'm not down with the clown, Pellegrino Must Go, with MP in clown makeup). The cameras will eat this up, and could also be used throughout the 90 mins and be half time talking point. Again, no intimidation to fellow fans who don't join in, or the whole thing falls apart.

At the same time, saints fans on the web could flood social media with posts on the subject with the #PellegrinoMustGo . Phone ins/HYS beofore the match on BBC solent, 5 live, Sky, Echo etc all dominated by saints callers and texts. I've also asked my friend to knock up gifs/videos with stats on our terrible Manager, to show why we are protesting.

But this is just my idea. If fellow Saints fans are interested, let me know.

There is one strategy that might work...

Instead of allowing focus to briefly touch on one aspect of protest, make it multi-factor. The sky cameras are there, and need to fill time, before and after the match next Saturday. 4pm is prime time on a sunday, so the world will be watching.

This strategy also allows for people who wish to protest in different ways. First of all, for those that wish to boycott the game. Wouldn't have to to be a million man march, but if you could get 1000+ fans turning up outside the stadium from 3pm onward, and handing out 'pellegrino must go/Pellegrino out' A4 banners/chanting against MP (while not intimidating anyone who wouldn't take a banner, otherwise club would just shift focus to that), sky would be straight on it, as would BBC, in their pre match coverage. If they stayed outside and sung throughout the match while spurs tonk us, even more so. And if they are still there even after the match, joined by fans who have just witnessed us lose again, what an impact.

For those attending, anti MP songs for those to wish for him to leave of course, also A4 banners (easier to conceal). I've asked a friend more skilled with photoshop to knock up 5 designs for a preview on Tuesday (for example #LoveSaints but i'm not down with the clown, Pellegrino Must Go, with MP in clown makeup). The cameras will eat this up, and could also be used throughout the 90 mins and be half time talking point. Again, no intimidation to fellow fans who don't join in, or the whole thing falls apart.

At the same time, saints fans on the web could flood social media with posts on the subject with the #PellegrinoMustGo . Phone ins/HYS beofore the match on BBC solent, 5 live, Sky, Echo etc all dominated by saints callers and texts. I've also asked my friend to knock up gifs/videos with stats on our terrible Manager, to show why we are protesting.

But this is just my idea. If fellow Saints fans are interested, let me know.

Count me out.

Personally I reckon you'll come over as a right bunch of noddys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah good idea . Lets hound the bloke who has delivered us 7th, 6th , 8th ( Cortese highest position btw ) , Europe twice and a cup final. All on the basis of half a season's struggle. We won't come across to the watching nation, pundits and journos as fickle deluded snowflakes.

Yeah good idea . Lets hound the bloke who has delivered us 7th, 6th , 8th ( Cortese highest position btw ) , Europe twice and a cup final. All on the basis of half a season's struggle. We won't come across to the watching nation, pundits and journos as fickle deluded snowflakes.

What got us those good seasons was a completely different strategy to what we do now.

We used to target players that were performing well. Now we almost exclusively target players performing badly.

We also gave the entire team new long contracts with payrises regardless of how good a player they are. "Have the worst season of your career to date? Here, have a contract extension on top of the still 4 years remaining." I get that we got burned on a few players running down their contracts to one year but surely we could just pursue long contracts on our top players. What kind of message is sent when you reward mediocrity?

I'd much prefer a player fighting for a new deal or a transfer to a big club then a player content knowing he's earning millions the next 5 years and is at the highest level he'll ever reach.

Whoever's responsible for the change in strategy needs to be held accountable.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What got us those good seasons was a completely different strategy to what we do now.

We used to target players that were performing well. Now we almost exclusively target players performing badly.

We also gave the entire team new long contracts with payrises regardless of how good a player they are. "Have the worst season of your career to date? Here, have a contract extension on top of the still 4 years remaining." I get that we got burned on a few players running down their contracts to one year but surely we could just pursue long contracts on our top players. What kind of message is sent when you reward mediocrity?

I'd much prefer a player fighting for a new deal or a transfer to a big club then a player content knowing he's earning millions the next 5 years and is at the highest level he'll ever reach.

Whoever's responsible for the change in strategy needs to be held accountable.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Forster contract was as bad a fail as the VVD 6 year deal was an earner. FF will be a millstone around the nexk next season and will eat into the parachute payments rapidly. Basically we'll have to oay him to go.

We also gave the entire team new long contracts with payrises regardless of how good a player they are. "Have the worst season of your career to date? Here, have a contract extension on top of the still 4 years remaining."

What a load of pony. “We target players doing badly” , complete rubbish.

“ We gave the entire team new long contracts”, more rubbish.

“ After their worst season to date”, again rubbish. Apart from FF, who else did we reward with a longer contract that didn’t deserve one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What got us those good seasons was the foresight of Cortese in appointing Pochettino, maybe he just got lucky on that. Pochettino

developed everything that we were for 3 or 4 seasons, then the same old, same old got control again. Koeman wasn't that good a manager, as his laughable failure at Everton this season has shown. Pochettino had a group of youngish players and he (and his team) helped them to be all that they could be. He's doing the same at Spurs or so it would seem.

Les is the one who has to go.

We still not spent any money when we desperately need players to get away from the bottom 3, this team was never going to finish higher then 10th its not good enough especially without Van Dijk, yes MP is not doing great but he has a mid table team at very best, but had to deal without Bertrand and Cedric for a few games which has cost us, plus a bad decision for the handball.

How much are the club paying you to post shiiite?

What a load of pony. “We target players doing badly” , complete rubbish.

You know when you use quote marks you're meant to use the quote, not completely change it to suit your argument. "we almost exclusively target players performing badly" is not “We target players doing badly”.

Was Gabbiadini perfoming well or badly at Napoli? What about Redmond? Lemina? Hoedt? McCarthy? If I recall, none of them were 1st choice, none of them were setting the world on fire. The general sentiment from fans of their clubs was that they didn't mind them going. Boufal is the only recent signing that came on the back of a good season. It's a huge contrast to the players we used to target.

“ We gave the entire team new long contracts”, more rubbish.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?45712-Keeping-track-of-the-contracts#.Wl0giKiWaUk

?? I'm pretty sure literally every single 1st teamer got a new contract recently with the exception of Davis who's 34 when his current one ends, and Gardos who i'm not sure still exists in our dimension.

“ After their worst season to date”, again rubbish. Apart from FF, who else did we reward with a longer contract that didn’t deserve one?

Uhh.. i'm talking specifically about Forster, as you and someone else picked up. That contract extension was beyond words...

Maybe any protest should be aimed at the board and manager, not the players, they're being instructed how to play. They need our backing right now, otherwise the whole atmosphere gets toxic. Leave the protesting till after the game, make sure the powers that be know who it's directed at. Bit unfair protesting through the game when the players are trying, they're probably peeved as much at us in what's going on.

I'd have thought a song, if it can be sung consistently for a long period of time and overpowering the celebrating Spurs fans, would be noted by the media:

'Time to go, for Pellegrino' and repeat. Not hard to remember and if sung for 30 minutes or more non stop if we are losing heavily couldn't be missed?

Lord Duckhunter is correct I'm afraid. This is exactly how it will come across, and how Sky will report it...

Lord Duckhunter is correct I'm afraid. This is exactly how it will come across, and how Sky will report it...

Even though I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment, I couldn't give a t0ss how the watching nation, pundits & sky think about anything if something is in the best interests of our club.

So is this protest gathering any strength yet, what exactly will the protesters be doing?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I'll have 5 A4 posters on a dedicated thread tomorrow. A talented friend has designed them for me, I'l let the fans on here decide. also more ideas on in person/online protests.

If people are wondering why A4, it's because people can print them off at home/work, easy to conceal, and a banner will be impossible to agree upon, design, and print out by Sunday, and is easily torn/confiscated.

I'll have 5 A4 posters on a dedicated thread tomorrow. A talented friend has designed them for me, I'l let the fans on here decide. also more ideas on in person/online protests.

If people are wondering why A4, it's because people can print them off at home/work, easy to conceal, and a banner will be impossible to agree upon, design, and print out by Sunday, and is easily torn/confiscated.

Get him to knock up a few "No more Lies No more Les" ones too !