Blatant handball

Stud mark of doom

So ok 2nd goals a blatant handball. Who is to blame for 1st goal though. That was the catalyst for putting ourselves under pressure in first place. Poor tactics, questionable fitness of players, blame lies firmly at the feet of the owners as they should have acted before now. Indecisiveness is going to cost us with the Southampton way being acted out in the championship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So ok 2nd goals a blatant handball. Who is to blame for 1st goal though. That was the catalyst for putting ourselves under pressure in first place. Poor tactics, questionable fitness of players, blame lies firmly at the feet of the owners as they should have acted before now. Indecisiveness is going to cost us with the Southampton way being acted out in the championship.

Steven Davis, simply put.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A point away from home means that the Board can still hide their heads in the sand and still keep MP.

It's the p poor tactics and the lack of ability to quickly adapt to the other teams subs that hurt, not

just the odd bad call against. IF Saints played with better ideas etc one goal wouldn't make much of

a difference as by then Saints would have had the game put away well before then.

But then again this is just what "Small Clubs" do isn't it?

Thought the ref did ok until that horrendous fck up
Don't agree. Totally failed to deal with their physical bullying of Long. We got 5 yellows for very little. They got none, despite constant fouling, mainly because he didn't even give the fouls.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Phil Thompson gave a good match summary on Sky. Wondered whether there ought to be some post match disciplinary action taken against Decoure by the league for blatant cheating. He thought that even if the Referee didn't see the cheat's handball, the lino almost certainly ought to have done. He commented on Cedric in particular and others being incandescant about it, but I'm surprised that McCarthy didn't make more of it.

With no post match action against Decoure, we will at least have the chance to chant cheat at him constantly in a couple of weeks time at SMS. And for good measure perhaps we can somebody to do a Vardy on the c*nt

Watching the video replays I noticed one of the defenders slipping on his arse as the ball came over, that certainly didn't help. We do seem to have a bit of a problem with fragile CB's, which hasn't been firmly addressed since last January.

Watching the game live gives you no indication it was a handball.

Our players could of at least put pressure on the officials to overturn it.

If that was Man Utd, City or Chelsea they would of been running up to the line official.

Cedric went absolutely mad at the lino and ref and got booked. Loads of players signalled handball after it went in but Cedric was the only one who really went crazy.

Imagine if we're relegated and a win today would have been enough to have kept us up. Potentially, that handball could be the act that costs us our Premier league status.

It's disgusting to think that such a selfish, dishonest act could hold such disastrous consequences.

A similar analogy might be to say that ‘we conceded a goal because the striker gave the ball away in the opponents box and they scored from the ensuing counter attack’. They’ll have been about 10 opportunities in between to prevent it from that point.

We’ll get relegated because we’ve been absolute crap over a long season and a clueless d1ck of a manger and a bunch of disinterested players and strikers who can’t score...not because of THAT handball... however depressing it is...you are right though. Selfish and dishonest act etc.

Standard of refs is poor. I know people say these things even themselves out over a season but recently that's potentially 4 crucial points we've been done out of if you accept that Ashley Young should have conceded a penalty for his offence that was dealt with retrospectively.

The sad thing about this, and I know that I am coming across as old fashioned, is that the player didn't admit he cheated. Winning (or drawing in this case) is all that matters, and **** decent and proper behaviour. Now, I am sure if one of our players did it, they would do the exact same thing. And it isn't just football. Stuart Broad comes to mind, when he was given not out and should really have walked. Sport doesn't exist any more - it's business, but business that ****s over principles to gain an advantage isn't something I really want to be associated with.

A similar analogy might be to say that ‘we conceded a goal because the striker gave the ball away in the opponents box and they scored from the ensuing counter attack’. They’ll have been about 10 opportunities in between to prevent it from that point.

We’ll get relegated because we’ve been absolute crap over a long season and a clueless d1ck of a manger and a bunch of disinterested players and strikers who can’t score...not because of THAT handball... however depressing it is...you are right though. Selfish and dishonest act etc.

This

I don't care. It should not have got to that stage and we should have been out of sight.
I do care. No, we weren't out of sight, but we were winning. The cheating handball goal prevented us from getting three points. Without it we would have won, albeit hanging on. But don't tell me it didn't matter. It did.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Phil Thompson gave a good match summary on Sky. Wondered whether there ought to be some post match disciplinary action taken against Decoure by the league for blatant cheating. He thought that even if the Referee didn't see the cheat's handball, the lino almost certainly ought to have done. He commented on Cedric in particular and others being incandescant about it, but I'm surprised that McCarthy didn't make more of it.

With no post match action against Decoure, we will at least have the chance to chant cheat at him constantly in a couple of weeks time at SMS. And for good measure perhaps we can somebody to do a Vardy on the c*nt

He was already on a yellow.

The sad thing about this, and I know that I am coming across as old fashioned, is that the player didn't admit he cheated. Winning (or drawing in this case) is all that matters, and **** decent and proper behaviour. Now, I am sure if one of our players did it, they would do the exact same thing. And it isn't just football. Stuart Broad comes to mind, when he was given not out and should really have walked. Sport doesn't exist any more - it's business, but business that ****s over principles to gain an advantage isn't something I really want to be associated with.

When there is obviously something wrong, as in this instance, the ref should ask the ‘offending’ player if he wants to ‘fess up and remind him that if it turns out that he did actually punch the ball into the net then he would get a substantial fine and a long term ban. Maybe other sanctions such as his club being docked three points.

That’s what ought to happen. The rewards, one point in this case, far outweigh any negative sanctions. He’s a cheat and should be banned from all football.

Hear hear.