The club have held contingency meetings about Championship Football

Monk

Horrified to have been told that 'meetings & discussions' have been 'allegedly' held internally with regards to potential relegation and what it would mean for departments in the club.

From an ex-colleague who works with a head of department at Saints.

Horrified to have been told that 'meetings & discussions' have been 'allegedly' held internally with regards to potential relegation and what it would mean for departments in the club.

From an ex-colleague who works with a head of department at Saints.

Why wouldn’t they? Be more horrified that it would catch them out

They are bound to have meetings discussing it as it is quite likely now that were going down. I expect it will just be to discuss job losses in unimportant departments like marketing. It doesn’t mean the players have accepted it is inevitable.

It must be sickening being an employee knowing that you are relying on a clown to save your job.

Good to hear the club finally accepting we are heading down if this continues. Odd that no action has been taken to try and prevent it from happening.

I can't believe (or perhaps don't want to believe) that they haven't discussed something, or sounded out alternatives. It's probably just putting it in place that takes the time (but this is the Les Reed who was relaxed about the Toby signing, and the Koeman contract talks).

Would be normal part of the planning process including if we were within 8 points or less of the drop zone at this time of year. Didn’t Lowe and the board do some analysis in 04/05 that we could break even on 23k gates and model against other clubs relegated in the preceding 2 years?

Club would be lucky to get even half that this time - 04/05 was exciting, in a bad way, but rarely dull. We’ve had 18 months of dreadful football and PR nonsense recently from Kreuger and Reed. Who wants to spend hard earned money on that.

Certainly not horrified because yeah fine it shows sensible, normal planning behaviour in the circumstances etc etc.

But if prefer to hear rumours that we are trying to do whatever it takes to stay up, it's a shame we aren't hearing about meetings like that. Meetings about sacking the manager or meetings about a signing to excite people, Theo or someone else. Meeting about what course correction we need to action to not go down.

If we have already shifted into preservation/conservation mode and the types of behaviour that drives then yes we've fuc king had it.

Nigel Quashie me right up.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Van Dyke transfer money is being held back or any signings will be made on the basis that we expect to be relegated. Not sure the owners are going to risk big money signings and wages at this stage. If we manage to scrape out of it they might loosen the purse strings but as things stand I'm not expecting any marquee signings.

Certainly not horrified because yeah fine it shows sensible, normal planning behaviour in the circumstances etc etc.

But if prefer to hear rumours that we are trying to do whatever it takes to stay up, it's a shame we aren't hearing about meetings like that. Meetings about sacking the manager or meetings about a signing to excite people, Theo or someone else. Meeting about what course correction we need to action to not go down.

If we have already shifted into preservation/conservation mode and the types of behaviour that drives then yes we've fuc king had it.

Totally agree with this CB, the fact they are planning for the worst case scenario is perfectly normal and responsible business practice. What is getting the reaction is the absence as you say of any sense the board are coming up with an urgent business case for this window to find a Henri Camara - rather than a Bernard or Davenport - and have an experienced manager ready straight away. We are now mid Jan and if you were thinking of joining the club, would you do so with no manager in the latter half of the window? Astonishing from Reed, I think he has some kind of illness around making swift decisions. Owner seems horrifically out of his depth.

Unbelievable that they did not wake up and smell the coffee weeks ago that this clown will take us down. It has been patently obvious as far back as the Wolves game that he is utterly f****** clueless - I have never seen such a negative, clueless manager: and I include Branfoot, Wigley, Gray and Burley in that list.

Unbelievable that they did not wake up and smell the coffee weeks ago that this clown will take us down. It has been patently obvious as far back as the Wolves game that he is utterly f****** clueless - I have never seen such a negative, clueless manager: and I include Branfoot, Wigley, Gray and Burley in that list.

I agree except I still don’t think they have smelt anything coffee or otherwise. The BS from Kreuger and Reed in the press certainly stinks though :-)

Agreed.

I bet the players are planning for it to most of them are probably telling their agents to get a summer move sorted ....
Again we may not like it, but it's probably pretty much standard practice for both players and agents when it gets to the business end of the season. Looking after number one and all that.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Edited by Micky

Complacency, arrogance, lack of urgency, indecision, dithering, doing things on the cheap....I have been warning of it creeping in over the last 2 to 3 years.

It's no surprise to find us in this position. Now I think it is almost better to go down, holding back VVD money. Clear the dross and rebuild again.

Complacency, arrogance, lack of urgency, indecision, dithering, doing things on the cheap....I have been warning of it creeping in over the last 2 to 3 years.

It's no surprise to find us in this position. Now I think it is almost better to go down, holding back VVD money. Clear the dross and rebuild again.

Yup, agree. Lets clear out and re-build. Find players that want to wear the shirt

I wonder if the board are included in potential layoffs from relegation? They're the ones that have got us into this mess so quickly. Looking at that team sheet tonight it was telling how poor we're been in the transfer market the last 18 months. So many good players gone and the ones we've brought in have all failed to lock down a place, spending more time benched than playing.

Watford lineup.jpg