Saints v Spurs build up

Heisenberg

I can't remember the last time I was not looking forward to a game as much as this one.

I hate ****ing spurs, I hate their dickhead fans, I hate that they sing OWTS, I ****ing hate the Herman Munster look alike they play upfront and I'm really not looking forward to standing next to the away fans as we get totally shafted on the pitch...in short this going to be ****e

I'll still be there they trying to support the lads in Red and white though.

I can't remember the last time I was not looking forward to a game as much as this one.

I hate ****ing spurs, I hate their dickhead fans, I hate that they sing OWTS, I ****ing hate the Herman Munster look alike they play upfront and I'm really not looking forward to standing next to the away fans as we get totally shafted on the pitch...in short this going to be ****e

"like" [emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's inexplicable our 3 record signings started the last game on the bench , especially this guy ! http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/11207754/mario-lemina-in-focus-time-for-southampton-to-trust-in-his-talent Needs to be played every game imo!

Lemina's ankle injury aside, Pellegrino's "use" of ML and Boufal has angered me more than the rest of his incompetence.

Good lad. I'll be there

It's also going to be absolutely hammering it down. Happy days!

Prediction: Spur will hammer us in the first half for 4:0 easily. In the second half, Spur reserve their efforts and do not score more. Pellegrine will make positive comment after the match, saying that we have showed our confidence and resilience in the 2nd half against the great team and we should build up on this for the rest of the season bra bra bra

It's also going to be absolutely hammering it down. Happy days!

Hope they've sorted out the pitch since the Crystal Palace match. Drainage problems aside (apparently) I don't understand how the pitch has got into such a state, have the team been training on it a lot to try and improve preformances?

Hope they've sorted out the pitch since the Crystal Palace match. Drainage problems aside (apparently) I don't understand how the pitch has got into such a state, have the team been training on it a lot to try and improve preformances?

Probably penny pinching to save money on that as well. They're letting the team go to rack and ruin so why not the infrastructure as well? Let's just hope the bloody roof won't collapse on us if they reduce maintenance schedules....

This. I’ve spent £40 to spend 2hrs standing in the cold getting gradually more and more ****ed off.

The rain that night was horrendous. We'll be ok on Sunday, won't we? Ah. Forecast is horrendous rain. [emoji852]️

Given the way Tottenham play, it may be better for us us if it is still a state

I'd play this:

McCarthy

Cedric Yoshida Hoedt Bertrand

PEH Romeu

JWP Lemina Boufal

Gabbiadini

Bench: Forster, McQueen, Stephens, Davis, Tadic, Redmond, Long

I'd expect them to play a 4231, Lemina seems like he has the ability to drive forward, something Davis has been lacking this season. Redmond, Tadic and Long offer good options off the bench (well the latter two anyway :lol:)

Thats the exact lineup that MP chould be picking and sticking with right now.

Thats the exact lineup that MP chould be picking and sticking with right now.

No its really not Gabbi might be a lot of things but he isn't really a lone front man. Given spurs love of a high line we might be best going with as much pace as possible up front which means (and I feel dirty saying it) Long of course that only works if we play the ball early over the top into space (which we won't)

I think if Gabbiadini plays the lone role upfront then we'll all see what we've all been saying for so long which is that when Gabbiadini plays the lone role up front on his own without a support striker everybody has been saying the same thing over and over again regarding him playing up top alone which is that it's not his strength.

just heard Pellegrino say we are getting better against the top 6 and we are growing as a team

fuk my life!

Growing what as a team, exactly? Mold or fungus?

Or does he mean growing the habit of dropping points after the half-time team talk.

We've seemed to get steadily better at that over the course of the season.

Also we will be in bottom 3 when the game kicks off as Stoke will beat Huddersfield tomorrow - so question is will this finally give our team the wake up call. We always came good in mid 90's with Le Tissier around to inspire some late season heroics. Nowadays who can fulfill that role?

Also we will be in bottom 3 when the game kicks off as Stoke will beat Huddersfield tomorrow - so question is will this finally give our team the wake up call. We always came good in mid 90's with Le Tissier around to inspire some late season heroics. Nowadays who can fulfill that role?

Le Tadic to fire us to relegation survival....

Le Tadic to fire us to relegation survival....

If it was under a different manager I'd say Le Bouf but after seeing his reaction towards him after his worldie I have a feeling it will need to be a new signing if anyone !?

Pitch like that there's more likelihood of a repeat Peter Shilton freak goal against us when a goal kick hit the only dry hard patch on the pitch bounced up over the keeper into the net.

Yep, I remember that game, got bloody soaked. Can't see Spuds stopping at at 5 or us getting 1 for that matter. Praying for a high tide and a boat for clueless Pell.

-------------McCarthy------------------

Cedric -- Hoedt -- Yoshida -- Bertrand

---------------Romeu-------------------

---------Hoj----- ----Lemina---------------

-----------(tadic or boufal)----------------

--------Gabbi------Long-----------------

4312 for me, play either boufal in what I see as his best position driving through the middle or just play a lacklustre Tadic again behind two strikers. Gives both Long and Gabbi the help they will need upfront, hopefully will allow us to win a midfield battle that will be where IMO the game is won (Its where they beat us at home IMO)

Width should come predominantly from the full backs, Romeu can drop in to the back 2 and operate as a 3rd CB in the attacking phase, Hoj and Lemina to provide the steal, the recycling of the ball and hopefully one will be able to push forward and make himself available when required.

Realistically we will play the same way as he always has, have a great first 10 minutes, and then get overrun at which point you'll notice the players lose all faith in whats happening and we end up losing 2-0

Also expect one of two things, 3 like for like changes that effectively change zilch or some mental 5 upfront arrangement which further allows Watford to punish us.

Posted this in the watford match thread, don't see any need to change the above really, and will probably post it next week too. Hopefully traffic is ok and weather isn't too bad sunday, unfortunately thats the only thing I think about going to St Marys right now, what a sad state of affairs being a fan is

I suspect that I am a lone voice here, yes we lost 5-2, but we won the second half 2-1, and played a lot better then, than the first half, where they tore us a new one. I actually enjoyed the game in a weird way, and hope that the first half scoreline is not repeated tomorrow.

Yep, I remember that game, got bloody soaked. Can't see Spuds stopping at at 5 or us getting 1 for that matter. Praying for a high tide and a boat for clueless Pell.
One of my first games. Remember it well. [emoji852]️[emoji852]️

This 100%, amen brother! Makes it all the sweeter though if we somehow manage to pull off the impossible...

The tactically inept clown will go with his usual 4-4-1-1 with Tadic behind Long, and the back4 will be cut apart by their movement.

However, I would like him to try going with Jack S as a man for man marker on Kane and play a back 4 behind him (Cedric, Maya, Wesley & Ryan). Jack should follow Kane around the pitch and never be more than a yard away from him, exactly the way that Lawrie would use Manny A in certain games, try to make the game 10 v 10.

If he pushes on to the back 4 then the FBs should push wide on the overlapping FBs, if he drops into the midfield follow him and Maya & Wesley job is to pick up the runners (son and dele).

No side has ever tried man-marker Kane and he is such an important player in their system, his movement allows the runners the space to play in.

Try to make the game 10 v 10.

Looking for reasonable bets for this game to win a bit of money. Have settled on 5/2 odds for Spurs to score 3 or more goals. I think I'm in with a shout there!

Quite simply if Spurs score first, then it's game over. We need to score first and then hope Pellegrino's patented "defend the lead" style holds out. I can't see it happening. 3-1 Spurs, and yes I would take a point now if it was offered.

(I used to be so positive. Damn this season. Damn it to hell!)