Saints v Spurs build up

Heisenberg

Apologies, was being flippant. No argument from me that Puel is a better manager than Pellegrino and, with the benefit of hindsight, he did a much better job than I appreciated at the time. I don't necessarily agree it was an error to fire him but it was certainly an error to fire him and appoint a vastly inferior manager in Pellegrino. We shouldn't have sacked him until we knew we had someone better lined up but we messed up, couldn't get Tuchel across the line and were left scrabbling around for anyone who was available.

I definitely agree with this.

Anyway, back to it...

What team will start today?

Any injuries, including those carrying slight knocks?

Forster back in?

Redmond?

Lemina starting?

Long or Gabbiadini? (I think we know the answer to that one)

Will be amazed if Forster comes back in.

For me:

McCarthy

Cedric Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

Hojberg Lemina Romeu

Tadic Boufal (or Sims if fit enough)

Gabbi (will be Long we all know it),

Apologies, was being flippant. No argument from me that Puel is a better manager than Pellegrino and, with the benefit of hindsight, he did a much better job than I appreciated at the time. I don't necessarily agree it was an error to fire him but it was certainly an error to fire him and appoint a vastly inferior manager in Pellegrino. We shouldn't have sacked him until we knew we had someone better lined up but we messed up, couldn't get Tuchel across the line and were left scrabbling around for anyone who was available.

Sacking and selling without having suitably quality and qualified replacements lined up has been Les's disastrous way of doing things since Poch left.

He was lucky at first that Koeman had the clout to attract some successful players and managers, but poor decisions have been made otherwise.

Add Read's cowardly policy of abandoning the attacking Southampton Way that we all love and the result is where we are now. Les Read has a lot to answer for.

Only 2 attack-minded players at home and a bench that looks very, very weak.

Well done MP and Les.

I was thinking our bench looks ok, then I read your post. I shall disagree with you, sir!

Obafemi could surprise them; having Davis, Boufal, Forster & Bednarek on the bench isn't bad. Redmond is clearly playing for his place now, so may spark a little if brought on.

Trying to be positive here.

Jesus, no way a team like that should be languishing. We really should be talking about permutations for Europa qualification not relegation.

****ing MoPe. Just go!

just said the same thing. that team is a lot better than 18th in the league.

Pellegrino out

Too bad about Long, he’s been brilliant the last couple of games.

Pellegrino has picked a decent line up. It’s almost as if his job is in the line...

Frankly with Long and Yoshida out, and other than deciding whether to start Davis, the team virtually picks itself.

I was thinking our bench looks ok, then I read your post. I shall disagree with you, sir!

Obafemi could surprise them; having Davis, Boufal, Forster & Bednarek on the bench isn't bad. Redmond is clearly playing for his place now, so may spark a little if brought on.

Trying to be positive here.

Forster, Bednarek, Redmond and Davis aren't good enough. Dury still out on Pied. Obafembi, whom looks a decent prospect, is still only 17.

Jesus, no way a team like that should be languishing. We really should be talking about permutations for Europa qualification not relegation.

****ing MoPe. Just go!

Seriously? There are hardly goals in the team.

People still hoping for a Gabbi that was last seen 10 months ago. When was the last time Tadic had a MoTM performance? Which leaves JWP as our main creative outlet :lol: