Saints v Spurs build up

Heisenberg

The tactically inept clown will go with his usual 4-4-1-1 with Tadic behind Long, and the back4 will be cut apart by their movement.

However, I would like him to try going with Jack S as a man for man marker on Kane and play a back 4 behind him (Cedric, Maya, Wesley & Ryan). Jack should follow Kane around the pitch and never be more than a yard away from him, exactly the way that Lawrie would use Manny A in certain games, try to make the game 10 v 10.

If he pushes on to the back 4 then the FBs should push wide on the overlapping FBs, if he drops into the midfield follow him and Maya & Wesley job is to pick up the runners (son and dele).

No side has ever tried man-marker Kane and he is such an important player in their system, his movement allows the runners the space to play in.

Try to make the game 10 v 10.

Interesting take .....

You do know that MP follows an al complete opposite ‘tactic’ that which you offer?

Puel now taken Leicester up to 7th having been below us when appointed. Looks odds on for two top 8 finishes and at least one cup final including managing us without Pelle, Mane and Wanyama.

Sure does look a great decision to buckle to complaints about insufficient entertainment at home and some upset players after a fifty match season. Crikey, after all we are flying now aren’t we?

We could go up to 14th tomorrow or am I dreaming.

And would be only 2 points off 10th and top half. Can't see a win tomorrow unfortunately, but it's a 'funny old game'. Those 5 points dropped from winning positions against Palace and Watford bitting us big time, putting even more pressure on games like tomorrow.

Puel now taken Leicester up to 7th having been below us when appointed. Looks odds on for two top 8 finishes and at least one cup final including managing us without Pelle, Mane and Wanyama.

Sure does look a great decision to buckle to complaints about insufficient entertainment at home and some upset players after a fifty match season. Crikey, after all we are flying now aren’t we?

People wanted to be entertained, they’ll see some cracking football tomorrow. Much better than the boring 0-0’s they complained about last season.

Sacking him was Les Reed’s worst decision here.

Second worse decision was appointing Pellegrino.

Sadly, two wrongs do not make a right.

I'm absolutely certain if Puel was still here we wouldn't be staring relegation in the face. I doubt we would be anywhere near 7th either but we would be better organised than the current clown has us. Of course Ryan Bertrand wouldn't be happy so it was probably best to sack Puel to keep him happy....

We played very boring (and often bad) football last year. Sacking Puel was the right decision. It's just too bad that this year is even worse.

arguably because of the ****e state of the squad something we failed to address properly again in the summer. As Puel is showing, at Leicester, if we had given him better tools we'd have done better.

People wanted to be entertained, they’ll see some cracking football tomorrow. Much better than the boring 0-0’s they complained about last season.

Must have missed the 0-0 against Spurs? Oh yeah, the greatest manager of all time oversaw a 4-1 defeat....

We played very boring (and often bad) football last year. Sacking Puel was the right decision. It's just too bad that this year is even worse.
That really is abject rubbish. We played very little bad football, and it wasn't half as boring as some keep insisting. We also got to a cup final, which we could have won, playing great football, we finished 8th and had a good, if slightly disappointing Euro campaign.

And that with VVD out and sulking, and lacking a striker.

If we'd kept Puel to benefit from his experience, with better players and fewer games, we would not be in this mess. He should never have been sacked without a certain better replacement, which we never had.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

And would be only 2 points off 10th and top half. Can't see a win tomorrow unfortunately, but it's a 'funny old game'. Those 5 points dropped from winning positions against Palace and Watford bitting us big time, putting even more pressure on games like tomorrow.

And add in the late leveler from Arsenal for another 2 points dropped.

That really is abject rubbish. We played very little bad football, and it wasn't half as boring as some keep insisting. We also got to a cup final, which we could have won, playing great football, we finished 8th and had a good, if slightly disappointing Euro campaign.

If we'd kept Puel to benefit from his experience, with better players and fewer games, we would not be in this mess. He should never have been sacked without a certain better replacement, which we never had.

I’m sorry, but as one of those unfortunate enough to travel to all three European aways and not witness a goal, I can’t agree with you that we had a “good” European campaign. The fact we failed to progress from that group was serious underperformance.

I’m sorry, but as one of those unfortunate enough to travel to all three European aways and not witness a goal, I can’t agree with you that we had a “good” European campaign. The fact we failed to progress from that group was serious underperformance.
I went to all three as well. I did say it was ultimately disappointing. We beat Inter and Sparta at home - a far cry from where we are today.

Depends what you're comparing it to it was good compared to Everton's attempt this season :D

I'm absolutely certain if Puel was still here we wouldn't be staring relegation in the face. I doubt we would be anywhere near 7th either but we would be better organised than the current clown has us. Of course Ryan Bertrand wouldn't be happy so it was probably best to sack Puel to keep him happy....

Agree - but it also tells you there is quite a bit of mediocrity studded throughout the squad, along with the selection, tactics and substitution blunders. Was it Tadic, Long, Davis, Ward-Prowse starting as our front four last week?

What's annoying me right now is that tomorrow is match day, and I'm looking forward more to the pre-match beers than the game itself. Really don't like being sat here feeling like a doom-monger, and should be feeling much more up for it especially given who we're playing.

Must have missed the 0-0 against Spurs? Oh yeah, the greatest manager of all time oversaw a 4-1 defeat....

James on most topics I have you down as one of the sensible posters but it’s very weird that you dig out the Spurs result last season as some sort of evidence that Puel is crap.

The facts are 8th, a cup final via glorious away wins at Liverpool and Arsenal, and he took over a Leicester team that finished below us last season, were below us this season and they are now 7th. Last season he had no Wanyama and crucially Pelle and Mane. Then no Austin and VVD for half a season.

Can’t work out why this doesn’t speak for itself. It’s a shame if we can’t be seen to admit it was a huge error to fire him

Sacking him was Les Reed’s worst decision here.

Second worse decision was appointing Pellegrino.

Sadly, two wrongs do not make a right.

Id say it's the other way around!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

when your attacking options go from this

Mane-and-Pelle.png

to this

Southampton+v+Swansea+City+Premier+League+QANzJMpiH-yx.jpg

You do seem to be talking a great deal of sense this morning

With outstanding attacking players it is hardly surprising that we are struggling this season but we do seem to concede late in games and hardly ever score late ourselves

This is precisely the point. The bottom half of the league is rubbish. We can easily climb the table with some decent management.

Sorry but it WAS boring. The last two home games of last season were awful and many season ticket holders stayed away. I'm not saying it turned out to be the correct decision but clearly he has more to work with at Leicester.

I think its more a case of someone above the managers dictating the style of play and limiting their role.

Cannot see anything other than a big defeat today.

Sorry but it WAS boring. The last two home games of last season were awful and many season ticket holders stayed away. I'm not saying it turned out to be the correct decision but clearly he has more to work with at Leicester.

I think its more a case of someone above the managers dictating the style of play and limiting their role.

Cannot see anything other than a big defeat today.

We scored our lowest EVER premier league home goals tally last season (17) previous worst was 21.

We scored 3, 3 times.

So in the remaining 16 games we scored 8 goals...if that isn't boring, I don't know what is?

James on most topics I have you down as one of the sensible posters but it’s very weird that you dig out the Spurs result last season as some sort of evidence that Puel is crap.

The facts are 8th, a cup final via glorious away wins at Liverpool and Arsenal, and he took over a Leicester team that finished below us last season, were below us this season and they are now 7th. Last season he had no Wanyama and crucially Pelle and Mane. Then no Austin and VVD for half a season.

Can’t work out why this doesn’t speak for itself. It’s a shame if we can’t be seen to admit it was a huge error to fire him

Apologies, was being flippant. No argument from me that Puel is a better manager than Pellegrino and, with the benefit of hindsight, he did a much better job than I appreciated at the time. I don't necessarily agree it was an error to fire him but it was certainly an error to fire him and appoint a vastly inferior manager in Pellegrino. We shouldn't have sacked him until we knew we had someone better lined up but we messed up, couldn't get Tuchel across the line and were left scrabbling around for anyone who was available.

Apologies, was being flippant. No argument from me that Puel is a better manager than Pellegrino and, with the benefit of hindsight, he did a much better job than I appreciated at the time. I don't necessarily agree it was an error to fire him but it was certainly an error to fire him and appoint a vastly inferior manager in Pellegrino. We shouldn't have sacked him until we knew we had someone better lined up but we messed up, couldn't get Tuchel across the line and were left scrabbling around for anyone who was available.
Yeah pretty much this.

Agreed

We agree! Well put