Sotonians

Saint86

Just popped over to Sotonians to see if there was any actual transfer gossip.

http://sotonians.com/chat/the-january-2018-transfer-window-speculation-rumours-dummy-spitting-it-s-all-here?p=12

Its like a nuthouse over there, made up of posters from here that were either banned, or the ones who couldn't handle the ones who got banned. Literally reads like a crazy farm. :scared:

Just popped over to Sotonians to see if there was any actual transfer gossip.

http://sotonians.com/chat/the-january-2018-transfer-window-speculation-rumours-dummy-spitting-it-s-all-here?p=12

Its like a nuthouse over there, made up of posters from here that were either banned, or the ones who couldn't handle the ones who got banned. Literally reads like a crazy farm. :scared:

Oh Barry, doesn't he have some sort of multiple personality disorder? That's probably just him talking to himself in various guises.

Which soggy is the more moralising and sanctimonious: the fiverweb version or the sotonian incarnation?

Discuss.

Both equally interminable? As I don't post on any other saints related site, mercifully I don't have to read what he has to say over there and he's restricted to three posts a day over here so on second thoughts maybe it's better here.

Both equally interminable? As I don't post on any other saints related site, mercifully I don't have to read what he has to say over there and he's restricted to three posts a day over here so on second thoughts maybe it's better here.

Thing is you did used to post over there up until last August but you didnt get away with the rubbish you post there so you bottled it and took refuge back here.

As for the site itself, there isnt the same level of bed wetting and wrist slitting. We do have a couple who would be better off here but in the main it is a lot more rational when it comes to football matters and it does have a sense of humour - something sadly lacking in the main here.

But the major pluses are that hypochondriac no longer posts there and it doesnt have Batman, Shurlock and CB Fry. Give it a try for yourselves. It isnt everyone's cup of tea but if you are sick of the constant calls to sack people from the tea lady to the Board, and the biggest swinging **** competition between the forum bullies, you might find it a pleasant change.

This place is badly in need of the internet equivalent of heavy medication, that and some decent moderation. It is all very well saying that abuse is not tolerated, but then prove it by doing something about it. A number of decent posters dont post here anymore which is not surprising. You'll find some of them over at Sotonians.

Enough moralising for you Shurlock?

Thing is you did used to post over there up until last August but you didnt get away with the rubbish you post there so you bottled it and took refuge back here.

As for the site itself, there isnt the same level of bed wetting and wrist slitting. We do have a couple who would be better off here but in the main it is a lot more rational when it comes to football matters and it does have a sense of humour - something sadly lacking in the main here.

But the major pluses are that hypochondriac no longer posts there and it doesnt have Batman, Shurlock and CB Fry. Give it a try for yourselves. It isnt everyone's cup of tea but if you are sick of the constant calls to sack people from the tea lady to the Board, and the biggest swinging **** competition between the forum bullies, you might find it a pleasant change.

This place is badly in need of the internet equivalent of heavy medication, that and some decent moderation. It is all very well saying that abuse is not tolerated, but then prove it by doing something about it. A number of decent posters dont post here anymore which is not surprising. You'll find some of them over at Sotonians.

No I didn't.

It's quite good frm tbh. When you do a post and someone likes it, you get 2 points, and whoever has the most points at the end of the month pap gives you a £50 gift voucher and a Jeremy Corbyn key chain.

Also, if someone is chatting shit about you on the frm, you get a little message pop up saying "Fatso called you a Helmet in the Brexit thread or whatever" which is a useful heads up so you can go and call him names. And the name calling is better too! On papsweb if you want to call someone a **** you can call them a **** no problems whereas here of course you can't even say cunt even in a polite context. And it's not just ****! You can also call pap a **** **** *** *****licker ****** ********head or whatever you like. Except "deluded" for some reason. He doesn't like that.

I quite posting on Sotonians midway through last year - I enjoy most of the posters there and have good debates, but there were some posters that I just couldn't bear to be around. The fact that I would prefer to be around the likes of Batman/Shurlock/CB Fry actually shows how much these posters **** me off.

However, there are some brilliant posters there that I miss chatting with, and there were some excellent debates. The issue is that some members are so entrenched, and have so much invested in their opinions that they will argue that black is white - even when they are clearly wrong.

Oh, and then there is the racist bigots as well, but we all know who they are on that site.

No I didn't.

Really? I am not sure I believe you. It would be even funnier though if you had impersonator over there. If it wasn't you they were very good and had your wet lettuce persona off pat! You even have your own thread over there discussing whether it is you or not. Fame at last eh hypo!

I quite posting on Sotonians midway through last year - I enjoy most of the posters there and have good debates, but there were some posters that I just couldn't bear to be around. The fact that I would prefer to be around the likes of Batman/Shurlock/CB Fry actually shows how much these posters **** me off.

However, there are some brilliant posters there that I miss chatting with, and there were some excellent debates. The issue is that some members are so entrenched, and have so much invested in their opinions that they will argue that black is white - even when they are clearly wrong.

Oh, and then there is the racist bigots as well, but we all know who they are on that site.

Sorry you left UJ. I take your points and do agree that when it is good it is very good, but there are times, as with all forums, when it sucks. Sometimes I miss the ignore button (which has served me well on here over the years) but sometimes you just have to exercise a bit of self control and know when enough is enough. I dont like the racist stuff either but then most of the posters dont either, so if that rears its ugly head it tends to get shouted down. Fortunately the race and migrant stuff seems to have taken a back seat since our poor form with the Board and the players getting stick now instead. It generally has a nicer vibe over there and most posters dont take themselves so seriously. Being a small forum (I'm getting the hang of this sizest thing Ralph) when things do kick off there is generally a call to cool things off which works sometimes, and sometimes it doesnt, but generally there is a feeling that we just want to go somewhere to hang out and exchange views rather than point score. It is far from perfect, but then the perfect internet forum does not exist. If you prefer dryer sheets and less scarred wrists though, you could do a lot worse.

I think it’s a pretty decent forum, particularly for discussions around music and other none football stuff. I don’t post much because I don’t particularly like the platform on mobile, if it was on Tapatalk I would.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t post but would if it was more user friendly

Apart from the obvious cu_nts it was Pap's, quite frankly, bizarre obsession with conspiracy theories that did my nut in so I quit posting on there.

Quite often there were some mature and intelligent debates, until Pap jumped it and starting chatting more shi_t than I actually thought was possible.

Yeah, unfortunately it was Pap that ended me over there as well, because as far as he was concerned it was only his opinion that mattered and was correct.

Also, the fact that the site prided itself on free speech, until I called BS a pedo (and immediately retracted) after he said I was a sexist and someone else was a rape apologist, and I got silenced!

To set record straight, Unbelievable Jeff-Sarb-Chertsey Saint-Dibden Purlieu Saint-Etc1 was guested2 because he brought a Paedo to a Rape Fight3.

We4 immediately re-drew the Sotonian by-laws to preclude such dangerous behaviour, and backdated it to make it all entirely legitimate and above board.

1 To give him his full name

2 sotonian euphamism for ban

3 plus some other more srs accusations which pap told me about privately

4 pap

Yeah, unfortunately it was Pap that ended me over there as well, because as far as he was concerned it was only his opinion that mattered and was correct.

Also, the fact that the site prided itself on free speech, until I called BS a pedo (and immediately retracted) after he said I was a sexist and someone else was a rape apologist, and I got silenced!

:lol: :lol: genius

To set record straight, Unbelievable Jeff-Sarb-Chertsey Saint-Dibden Purlieu Saint-Etc1 was guested2 because he brought a Paedo to a Rape Fight3.

We4 immediately re-drew the Sotonian by-laws to preclude such dangerous behaviour, and backdated it to make it all entirely legitimate and above board.

1 To give him his full name

2 sotonian euphamism for ban

3 plus some other more srs accusations which pap told me about privately

4 pap

More serious accusations? Blimey, I wonder what's more serious than that? Considering I was guested pretty quickly.

I was trying to push the envelope, as I didn't think that BS spreading his hate was right on any site - free speech is fine in my book within boundaries. It turns out racism, homophobia etc is fine, but calling someone a pedo isn't.

Once I did that, Pap lost his cool and his values on the site, BUT, that's his prerogative as it's his site. If you're on his site, you play by his rules. I didn't, so I was "Guested". Meh.

I then went back on the site for a few months after that, but then last July I asked to be guested one last time as they're unable to delete you from the site (which is very odd). I changed my avatar to one that said '****', as that was the name that anyone slightly right leaning on the site would have. They took that down as well even though they still have all the Britain First hate style propaganda on there. I have checked back every few months to check my private messages but that's it.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

More serious accusations? Blimey, I wonder what's more serious than that? Considering I was guested pretty quickly.

I was trying to push the envelope, as I didn't think that BS spreading his hate was right on any site - free speech is fine in my book within boundaries. It turns out racism, homophobia etc is fine, but calling someone a pedo isn't.

Once I did that, Pap lost his cool and his values on the site, BUT, that's his prerogative as it's his site. If you're on his site, you play by his rules. I didn't, so I was "Guested". Meh.

I then went back on the site for a few months after that, but then last July I asked to be guested one last time as they're unable to delete you from the site (which is very odd). I changed my avatar to one that said '****', as that was the name that anyone slightly right leaning on the site would have. They took that down as well even though they still have all the Britain First hate style propaganda on there. I have checked back every few months to check my private messages but that's it.

Yes mate no jokes! If you recall, I thought pap had done you wrong so I stopped posting for a bit cos I was angar, but then when I popped pap some time later I had pm from pap telling me bout some other bad stuff you'd done and things, and I was like oh I didn't know about that, that seems more reasonable.

I imagine you are now keen to know what these scandalous details are! I could just tell you like a Gentleman I spose, but I think it would be more fun & exciting for me if you could log back in to sotonians, start causing a fuss about it, and then we can all have one big + drama old school barney about it, just like in the good old days!

Hope you're well,

Love,

Bearsy

Britain First hate style propaganda? I know BS posts some sh*t there but I would say that it is as far removed from Britain First as you could get!