Saints U23's vs Aston Villa U23's

SuperSAINT

Why did Olomola return?

His loan was only 6 months at Yeovil. Was lots of talk of them offering him a contract for a permanent move (perhaps hinting we're letting him go at the end of the season).

But with Barnes going there, I'm assuming he's perhaps looking at going to a higher level.

We play like robots, to Les' template no doubt. Most of the players aren't much kop either. Can't we just bin Gardos off? He's obviously nothing other than the waste of a space.

Maybe Yoshi's hammy is bad and we actually decided we needed another centre-back handy.

I see jaidi was in Tunisia today at some event so I assume Martin hunter in charge tonight. Explains alot .....

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Pretty sure they showed Jaidi shouting from the sidelines earlier?

Our defence is a shambles. Gardos and Targett aren't even good enough for U23 division 2 level. The one bright spot is Sam McQueen who looks good enough for Les Reed to sell to Liverpool one day. The U23s have now lost 2-4 to Wolves and 1-4 to Villa in successive games. Jaidi's vague instruction, shouted from the sideline, "Do something," just about sums up how poor the coaching is at the club nowadays.

Our defence is a shambles. Gardos and Targett aren't even good enough for U23 division 2 level. The one bright spot is Sam McQueen who looks good enough for Les Reed to sell to Liverpool one day. The U23s have now lost 2-4 to Wolves and 1-4 to Villa in successive games. Jaidi's vague instruction, shouted from the sideline, "Do something," just about sums up how poor the coaching is at the club nowadays.

This is what we are trying to sell globally!

F*ck up your academy! : The Southampton Way.

(Packages starting at £499 - Optional package including lunch with Ralph: £550)

Have been saying this was happening for about 2 years now, but the happy clappers said everything was rosy. One area that does seem to be improving though is the u18s where things have started to look up since Danny Butterfield was appointed. Needs serious surgery at the top of the Academy.

Have been saying this was happening for about 2 years now, but the happy clappers said everything was rosy. One area that does seem to be improving though is the u18s where things have started to look up since Danny Butterfield was appointed. Needs serious surgery at the top of the Academy.

I watch a lot of the u23 games whether online on at St Mary’s and the standard has been declining gradually, not just the standard of players but the entertainment of the games, we're poor to watch at every level at the moment.

I also notice a big drop in the number of people that turn up for games at St Mary’s despite it being free compared to a few years ago when there was a real buzz around.

When saints were banging on about our academy and the “we don’t buy success we breed it” it’s worth noting the youngsters making a name for themselves at the time like Ward-Prowse, Shaw and Chambers has all been with the club since the Lowe days and the current ownership had been lucky to inherit them.

U18s are away to Blackpool in FA Youth cup 4th round tonight will be interesting to see how they get on.