Saints U23's vs Aston Villa U23's

SuperSAINT

When saints were banging on about our academy and the “we don’t buy success we breed it” it’s worth noting the youngsters making a name for themselves at the time like Ward-Prowse, Shaw and Chambers has all been with the club since the Lowe days and the current ownership had been lucky to inherit them.

This is what I have always thought. Les Reed et al. Have taken a lot of credit for players and a system that was in place before they even arrived.

I don't necessarily want this to be another thing to beat Reed with, but its really from now and in the next few years we will see the true fruits of his input

I notice the U23's and U18's are also playing the 1 up top tactic.

There really does seem to be a correlation throughout the entire club in terms of team shape and playing style. All well and good if it's working, but the U23's got relegated FFS and the first team is struggling. Someone needs to wake up.

There really does seem to be a correlation throughout the entire club in terms of team shape and playing style. All well and good if it's working, but the U23's got relegated FFS and the first team is struggling. Someone needs to wake up.

I wonder if the guy who decides what style to play also chooses the poor managers ?

Edited by simo

It’s the clubs preferred formation. All teams will play the same way and any new coaches / managers will come in to play that way. Koeman and Les fell out over him playing 3 at the back during our poor run of form.

It’s not working, at any level, but Les has final say in these things so it doesn’t matter.

It’s the clubs preferred formation. All teams will play the same way and any new coaches / managers will come in to play that way. Koeman and Les fell out over him playing 3 at the back during our poor run of form.

It’s not working, at any level, but Les has final say in these things so it doesn’t matter.

It’s nowt to do with formation tactics or even ability that is causing this malaise. It’s lack of motivational leaders on and off the pitch. Ex pros like Danny. When Jason Dodds coached the team played with heart. These kids are over coached and under encouraged.

• 2 weeks later...