GAO meets Southampton fans....

saint lard

In bloody China at the weekend.

Perhaps he should meet some that go to the games and have to put up with paying for the crap served up...db9b39928d54aaff813bd42af3e0f980.jpg

More important things than attempting to raise our profile over there at the moment.

Not sure meeting 6 or 7 " fans" raises our profile much?

That’s so tin pot, honestly!
I think it highlights one of our main problems really well. Giant disconnect between what's actually happening with the first team in England and lots of people like the owners and the chairman swanning baout the place abroad building the brand and ignoring our on pitch performance.

:lol:

Not exactly Pat from Poole or Trevor from Totton is it.

The posters in the background suggest its to coincide with the upcoming Chinese New Year (16 Feb). Its likely he'll be out of service during that period and won't be in the UK - possibly when big decisions need to be made...

[emoji38]

Not exactly Pat from Poole or Trevor from Totton is it.

The posters in the background suggest its to coincide with the upcoming Chinese New Year (16 Feb). Its likely he'll be out of service during that period and won't be in the UK - possibly when big decisions need to be made...

He's probably meeting fans to finalise the wording for the five principles that are due to be released over thst period. Exciting stuff.

He's probably meeting fans to finalise the wording for the five principles that are due to be released over thst period. Exciting stuff.

But remember Ralph already has these on his desk, he just needs to spell check them. 5 pledges.

I wonder if one of them mentions single digits.

To be fair he doesn't speak English, so probably a bit harsh unleashing him on 20 or so sotonions! Still would be good to hear from him in terms of a statement though.

From appearances the fans seem to be Chinese and thus presumably speak Chinese and have been chosen especially for the visit to China

In bloody China at the weekend.

Perhaps he should meet some that go to the games and have to put up with paying for the crap served up...db9b39928d54aaff813bd42af3e0f980.jpg

More important things than attempting to raise our profile over there at the moment.

im fairly sure I recognise the fan in the black jacket and glasses from Hartlepool away on a Tuesday a few years back, spent most of the game giving it the big one to the home fans and singing the Woolston Ferry.

Interested to know what's going on there, but it's not a good look for the home fans, is it.

It literally is an event pitched for fans (球迷), not some local student outreach or meet and greet etc. Not sure whether it’s for chinese football fans as a whole or dedicated chinese saints fans (as if such a thing exists in real numbers) - likely half have got Ibra shirts on under their jackets.

Edited by shurlock

im fairly sure I recognise the fan in the black jacket and glasses from Hartlepool away on a Tuesday a few years back, spent most of the game giving it the big one to the home fans and singing the Woolston Ferry.

Thought I recognised him - called that fat bald steward at the end of the game a s**t Alan Carr.

You lot have no idea what he’s doing or what it’s about but you’re all ready to wade in and moan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fact is most people would like to see some focus on what is happening at St Mary's & Staplewood at a time when things are in a steady decline and no sign of direction or leadership at the club.

Most of the comments made are in jest, but our current state of flux does give something to moan about.

Thought they would have flown a couple of first teamers in to liven things up.... Might as well make the players do a bit of work for their wages **** knows they aren't earning them on the pitch.

Pellegrino should have shown willing and visited for an extended sojourn of thirty years, I'm sure Mr Gao owns a suitable salt mine.

Mr GAO bought the club to raise the profile and attract more business in China and around the world.

The perception of saints overseas has dramatically decreased this season - this is actually monitored.

So actually his purchase has had the opposite effect. I expect he isn't too happy about that.

Good to see our owner meeting some fans. An asset stripper who doesn’t care about performances wouldn’t do that!

It doesn’t matter that they don’t attend matches in person or speak English as a first language. Fans are fans!

Hopefully they explained to Mr Gao why we need a new manager urgently and asked him why our midfielders refuse to ever pass to Gabbi!

I'm friends with one of the people invited to this event.

She was invited by the club because she's been running an unofficial fan page on Weibo for the last 5 years or so.

The other invitees were drawn in a ballot from the WeChat group and other unofficial supporter groups.

The main reason for the meeting was to make their supporter group official ahead of a likely visit by the club in pre-season.

There are a few more photos of the day up at: https://www.instagram.com/GlobalSFC/

They were also told there would be a striker coming in during the window..

As someone said above, if it was only an asset-stripping venture for Gao then it's unlikely he would bother with this sort of stuff.

She was invited by the club because she's been running an unofficial fan page on Weibo for the last 5 years or so.

The other invitees were drawn in a ballot from the WeChat group and other unofficial supporter groups.

The main reason for the meeting was to make their supporter group official ahead of a likely visit by the club in pre-season.

There are a few more photos of the day up at: https://www.instagram.com/GlobalSFC/

As someone said above, if it was only an asset-stripping venture for Gao then it's unlikely he would bother with this sort of stuff.

Thanks, very interesting.

I could almost consider finding a way to get to China if the club is planning to head that way.

Big if though.