Pellegrino Out protest - In stadium, outside stadium & Online. 21st January 2018.

Guan 2.0

Pellegrino is out of his depth,

the biggest issue is the selling off of all the crown jewels and not replacing them and now it has come to bite us big time

we wont stay up even if we change Pellegrino as these players haven't the will for a battle,

looking forward to next season in the championship especially if the skates can get promoted,the premier league is boring overhyped modern football and all about the top 6,let them form their poxy super league and let the rest of us get on with out the bull****.

The club have clearly stitched you up personally and you've got an issue. What happened?

Good evening Guan... if I may, can I ask a question before contemplating getting involved in this...

Has your role/position/source at the club changed or are you still the same 'Guan' in the same position as before.... i.e. the chap who used to drop us ITK titbits?

I just sense that something has changed in regards your relationship with the club, whatever that may have been. (I'd always assumed you were an employee of the club but maybe that's wide of the mark?)

Cheers

Lord T

First of all, i'll address this one. No-one from the club has 'stitched me up'. So no vendetta. I'm in the same position as I've always been, hearing reports from the training ground, being given our transfer targets early, (which ranged from the unrealistic household names, to the overpriced MP picks), and being leaked to occasionally. When the picture started to come together, i decided that rather than tease tidbits, i'd try an do something to halt the slide we now find ourselves in. I'm not the only one, individuals at the club saw this coming a mile away. 'De Boer in slow motion' was one phrase used.

But I do find it slightly bizarre that people look for a conspiracy here. We have the worst form of any club in all four divisions. The worst. We are above the relegation zone only on goal difference, and could drop in to it by the time of the spurs match on Sunday. As i forewarned, certain members of the hierarchy have demonstrated a disconnect to our situation, and fans are charged the 6th highest amount for a season ticket to watch our mismanaged side bumble in to the championship, with 15 games to go.

You want my angle? That's my angle. Trying to get as many people together as we can to stop this situation before it's too late. I have no personal desire for notoriety. which is why i have asked for anyone with connections to the ugly inside/Daily Echo/Sotonions Other groups I don't know to spread the word. If people have better ideas, i am all for them.

This is completely counter-productive, we'll make an already terrible situation worse, when our players need our support we turn the place into a toxic mess. Relegation and rebuild is the only way forward - as with this squad unless we have a real clear out rebuild managers will inherit the same problems.

If you think it's hard to replace a manager with a better one in the Premier league, try doing it in the championship. Madness.

They’ll be a bit worried about our league position, so I’m sure creating a toxic hatful atmosphere on Sunday in front of the cameras will reassure them.

I am as frustrated as everyone else but situation is too serious. We can’t make home games toxic. Boo after final whistle if it’s poor by all means but not during game

Please do not listen to these people calling for protests. Now is not the time to make the atmosphere any more toxic than it already is. If you ask me our performance as supporters of the club has been pretty awful this season, and maybe its us who needs to perform better to get us out of this crisis.

The reason for any toxic atmosphere is our dreadful performances under a clueless out of his depth manager, whose only 4 wins have come against sides (Everton, under Unsworth, West Ham under Billic, West Brom under Pulis, and Crystal Palace 3 days in the repair job after sacking De Boer) with managers who have performed at a simliar level as him and have been replaced or sacked.

And now you want to lay that at the fans door. Managers can either manage at this level or they can't. Pellegrino can't.

Typo on the Titanic poster, should be straight not stright

Thanks for the heads up! I contacted my friend and he has corrected it for me. It's not actually the Titanic though. Imagine if someone thought that and massively overreacted!

FIVE HUNDRED And FORTY.

That's the number of people FROM SOUTHAMPTON that died on the Titanic.

If you think this is any way appropriate then you are one sick deluded human being.

Oh dear! It's not the Titanic.

The MP clown and Titanic posters also seem a bit distasteful to me for differing reasons. If you must have a poster, why not just say 'Pelligrino Out'?

It's not the titanic. And I asked a friend to design 4 posters on me, based around different slogans i came up with, 4 A4, and 1 A3. Because not everyone feels or thinks the same, i had 5 posters for varierty so people could pick and choose, and encouraged others to post their own designs.

My thoughts entirely. He is coming across as a lover scorned, and in the most bizarre fashion. As for dragging the Titanic disaster into this, WTF? To quote another long standing poster "Jesus wept."

It's not the Titanic. Here's a few visual clues that might help out:

1. It's Daytime.

2. No Icebergs.

3. Ship in one Piece.

4. Man alone in lifeboat (Women and Children first)

5. Wrong dimensions/features/colour.

6. No Kate Winslet.

7. It's a stock photo of a fictional event used on motivational websites from Mexican real estate to startup advice.

39753382112_5c39d9d649_k.jpgNotTitanic by Guan Tou, on Flickr

But Just for you sensitive souls, I've placed some monopoly money in a fund for non-existent widows and orphans affected by this hypothetical tragedy. We even held a very tasteful Imaginary memorial service, although Jason Puncheon ruined it by turning up in Jeans and Trainers.

39753369022_92fbab8a16_b.jpgSlide4 by Guan Tou, on Flickr

I for one am with you Guan - will blast all the channels I can. BTW - just a thought for those who want to get behind the team - why not wholeheartedly support the team first half (best support so far this season), and then if we are still cr ap, or a few goals down, then protest like hell for the second half or when we are so far behind there is no hope of a result? The contrast will send a massive message in front of live TV. If we somehow manage to get a result, then sing "We love you Reds, but we still want the manager out!) after the final whistle?

Thanks! As i said, I am open to any level of protest and all suggestions. As much as people are comfortable with!

A protest against MP is a protest against the club. It shows we're angry about what's happening and very timely after RKs attempt to talk away the situation.

Those who think this is simply a protest against the manager are the short-sighted ones.

We're likely to get relegated if he remains in charge and the result against spurs is almost inevitable, so we have nothing to lose.

If you prefer a silent protest then how about we turn our backs on 76 minutes (assuming there's anyone left in the stadium).

See, now that's something that i would have never considered, but could be effective. Thank you!

Im hearing this too much to be honest, and I get it. I understand that there is a lack of reasonable managerial targets out there, unfortunately this list has dwindled down through our lack of any real action.

But that said, we cannot carry on with MP. As this thread proves the atmosphere with all things Saints is now unfortunately completely toxic. From the forums, to the pubs, to the stands and social media we have fans arguing with fans and everyone bemoaning good ship Saints and all that sail with her. That can't be a situation that can carry on and has been caused almost completely by the lack of any action AT ALL from Saints, including a lack of any real communication (that isn't ill timed and ill perceived)

The problem is that although there are no obvious replacements it is clear that the job he is doing is sub par. Im of course not a qualified manager but I have my coaching badges, have worked in football and played at a reasonable level so would like to think I know a bit about the game. The first thing that worries me is that he has not, from my memory, ever kept the same 11 at any point all year. His tactics, seem to almost everyone I speak to, to be at odds to what would get the best out of our playing staff and have clearly failed to work without a change all season. His substitutions are bemusing, reactive and often make no changes to the game whatsoever. And I feel I need to call into question his motivational techniques, due to our insistence to effectively roll over in the second half, or against any real pressure.

As for replacements, there are a few out there, Im not saying how realistic they are, or how well they will do here but;

Tuchel

Bielsa

Blanc

Bilic

Hughes

Enrique

All out of work

And

Wagner

Jovanovic

Johnson

Rowett

Are all I would expect to be able to prize away should we need to. (Rowett probably not due to his new contract)

There are even more targets when you think we only need someone short term. Bring in a well known manager on a 6 month contract for 10 mil, with no expectation of doing anything other than keeping us up, and then being free to move on afterwards with his reputation enhanced! A shop window for future premier League employemnt, but one that benefits us as well.

And don't be too hard on K Billy. Trust me, he isn't any keener on MP than you or I, he just is worried about our ability to bring someone in.

I think a peaceful protest in front of the Sky cameras could help, but don’t boo or hold up posters while the game is on. Cheer on the players for 90 minutes!

I suggest those at the match protest in the build up to kick-off (when Sky are previewing the game, announcing the line-ups etc) and also at half-time (unless we’re 4-0 up! ;) )

If Sky do a preview stood on the edge of the pitch, that would be a perfect opportunity to get noticed.

Take your seats early to protest and stay sitting to protest at half time (bladders permitting). Boycott purchases inside the stadium of food, drink, programmes etc. Make clear on social media etc that you are boycotting purchases so Saints advertisers/partners get nervous. Hit Gao and Kat in the pocket to get their attention!

Unfortunately, I don’t think Guan’s suggested A4 posters will show up very well on TV. Too ‘busy’. I’d suggest a simple message in large print (Pellegrino Out) and/or a simple picture (Clown etc).

As I mentioned before, I’m not able to attend myself, just making suggestions for those who will be there and want to protest and get it noticed effectively.

I'm with you there, I think the posters i had made might be more effective on social media. Love the boycott of purchases idea, and if you have any poster designs please let me know!

You are unbelievable.. do nothin and it'll all turn out right in the end!

I'm with Guan on this, the voice of the fans has a right to be heard or we'll be shafted again and again. It might not bring about change but it'll certainly stir things up a bit and might even shock the complacent b****** upstairs.

There'll be a far bigger protest next year when nobody buys a season ticket to watch Division 2 football.

Indeed, It worked with Lowe and Branfoot. It can work now! Getting the word out on this is vital. :toppa:

There are even more targets when you think we only need someone short term. Bring in a well known manager on a 6 month contract for 10 mil, with no expectation of doing anything other than keeping us up, and then being free to move on afterwards with his reputation enhanced! A shop window for future premier League employemnt, but one that benefits us as well.

Yep - a Hiddink Chelsea situation springs to mind.

I know you weren’t keen on the idea but I reckon Strachan would be the ideal person, if we went down the short-term route. The comeback of older British managers seems to be all the rage this season.

I’m up for it. Double trading sessions and no more propaganda football.

I know you weren’t keen on the idea but I reckon Strachan would be the ideal person, if we went down the short-term route. The comeback of older British managers seems to be all the rage this season.

It’s getting to the point where I would take just about anyone other than MP, if I’m honest.

Tend to agree strachan (knows the club, will kick players arse and have fans onside etc..) could come in and see out the remaining fixtures on a short term basis. I wouldn’t be confident he’d keep us up, but id have more belief than current.

A month or two ago, when people were discussing making a change, I felt like we could attract some pretty decent (even if it was BFS to take 1 step back to go forward in the future). I’m not sure that’s the case now.

If we pull the trigger, I think a 6 month deal would be best for all parties.

Id like to see strachan in some capacity at the club, not sure if manager is the right job though (the game has changed considerably since his last job in the PL)...

I was one of the first SISA committe members, and gave up a lot of drinking time to hand out leaflets outside the Dell.

Initially we got a meeeting with the board, but that didn't really change much. The protests continued and at some point the board got worried eneough about the disconnect between the supporters and the club that they brought in McMenemy as DOF. However, I think that it was the Port Vale 3rd round FA Cup attendance that forced the change, not the protests themselves.

At the moment it feels like everything needs an overhaul, the Academy and U23's are bare, and the first team squad is unbalanced. The 433 system set out in the five year plan is requires a forward who can hold the ball up and link play and a no 10 behind him. We have neither. The five year plan for now should be not to rely on the academy for now, but to concentrate resources on keeping the club in the premiership, so that the money is there to reboot the academy next season.

This is an interesting thread.

As has been said, most are too scared to actually speak up and this idea of 'toxicity' is quite frankly utter nonsense. Some, e.g. Redmond might be mentally weak enough to be worried by boos but most of the players will quickly just get wrapped up in the game. The few remaining who are interested in being winners both on the day in their own personal battle and overall will look to compete, some will retain a weaker mental fortitude and (possibly) be 'happy to be there' although I would hope that that attitude wouldn't be prevalent in those who are professional sportsmen.

The protests are necessary if you consider a kickstart of some sort is required. If you aren't and you're happy to 'just support Saints' go to ****ing church.

The excuse that Les Reed has to go first is crap. While he and Kreuger and probably a few others also need to be got rid of protesting against the 'manager' (or clown as he is aptly called) is not mutually exclusive to getting rid of those higher up the hierarchy and indeed it can easily be argued that the two are heavily joined which is to simply look at the argument mooted that LR is the problem in a more sensible fashion.

The thing that Guan has said is that things need to be done (in his and how many others' opinion?) to show that the discontent that is felt is something that will be used to drive a change and that this discontent will be shown in a way that will counter all the guff/spin/PR bull**** that the club push out and that would otherwise convince the wider world that "The Southampton Way" is the second coming and highlight the plight of the club as felt by the fans who have this unnatural devotion to a thing which allows a load of blokes to be paid far too much money to kick a balloon around and who seem to care about it so much that they spend an inordinate amount of their lives talking about it as though it's been grafted to them.

The protests need not be at an end when Pellegrino eventually goes and it's obvious that he'll only go when pushed as he seems to be entirely delusional in his sense of what is/isn't real based on his press utterings of late and can always continue against LR,RK et al. Hanging up a load of banners and being silent or leaving the banners there and deserting the ground/seats doesn't have to be disruptive. I think that will make a point though as it would both show the discontent and make it heard (through silence) and all that is is a ramping up of pressure on those above the current board and some employees to look to properly address the real problems; none of this pledge bull**** that we all know already will be hot air and more money wasted on marketing rather than paying Pellegrino's one way airfare to the North Pole where he can bore the arse off polar bears till he realises he has only one use which will probably be after the sun has gone supernova.

Come tomorrow there will be ten days of the transfer window left. Come tomorrow it will be almost a month since the VVD sale was agreed. Come tomorrow we will still have MP bumbling along and hoping that the world will somehow warp itself to fit his idea of reality rather than realising that he's not really that good. Come tomorrow we will still see his cowardice in team selection, team structure, team 'strategy' and cowardice in not walking away because he can't admit he's simply not up to it.

If you as fans want to support him in his cowardice by adding your own; do so. (I'm off to work in Derby so I can protest that way and try to tap up Rowett). How walking out and just congregating in the concourse while leaving an "MP/LR/RK out" banner can be seen as unnecessarily attritional is beyond me as is a few chants. The boos at the end are stupid; everyone does them and it hasn't helped the likes of Sunderland and any other club where the fans have been ****ed off at the goings on on the field and in the boardroom. Doing something a bit more at least gets the corporate types wriggling in their seats as their bosses turn up the heat on them.

As to people having to provide a better 'solution' than MP. Why? Why should the customer have to tell the company how to do its job? Will everyone who does receive shares, a payout; or will e.g. LR take the credit and the cash and go about telling everyone how clever he's been? From what I've seen of MP, however, I would think Raidi Jaidi would be better and that is having seen the U23s in action.

First of all, i'll address this one. No-one from the club has 'stitched me up'. So no vendetta. I'm in the same position as I've always been, hearing reports from the training ground, being given our transfer targets early, (which ranged from the unrealistic household names, to the overpriced MP picks), and being leaked to occasionally. When the picture started to come together, i decided that rather than tease tidbits, i'd try an do something to halt the slide we now find ourselves in. I'm not the only one, individuals at the club saw this coming a mile away. 'De Boer in slow motion' was one phrase used.

But I do find it slightly bizarre that people look for a conspiracy here. We have the worst form of any club in all four divisions. The worst. We are above the relegation zone only on goal difference, and could drop in to it by the time of the spurs match on Sunday. As i forewarned, certain members of the hierarchy have demonstrated a disconnect to our situation, and fans are charged the 6th highest amount for a season ticket to watch our mismanaged side bumble in to the championship, with 15 games to go.

You want my angle? That's my angle. Trying to get as many people together as we can to stop this situation before it's too late. I have no personal desire for notoriety. which is why i have asked for anyone with connections to the ugly inside/Daily Echo/Sotonions Other groups I don't know to spread the word. If people have better ideas, i am all for them.

If you think it's hard to replace a manager with a better one in the Premier league, try doing it in the championship. Madness.

The reason for any toxic atmosphere is our dreadful performances under a clueless out of his depth manager, whose only 4 wins have come against sides (Everton, under Unsworth, West Ham under Billic, West Brom under Pulis, and Crystal Palace 3 days in the repair job after sacking De Boer) with managers who have performed at a simliar level as him and have been replaced or sacked.

And now you want to lay that at the fans door. Managers can either manage at this level or they can't. Pellegrino can't.

Thanks for the heads up! I contacted my friend and he has corrected it for me. It's not actually the Titanic though. Imagine if someone thought that and massively overreacted!

Oh dear! It's not the Titanic.

It's not the titanic. And I asked a friend to design 4 posters on me, based around different slogans i came up with, 4 A4, and 1 A3. Because not everyone feels or thinks the same, i had 5 posters for varierty so people could pick and choose, and encouraged others to post their own designs.

It's not the Titanic. Here's a few visual clues that might help out:

1. It's Daytime.

2. No Icebergs.

3. Ship in one Piece.

4. Man alone in lifeboat (Women and Children first)

5. Wrong dimensions/features/colour.

6. No Kate Winslet.

7. It's a stock photo of a fictional event used on motivational websites from Mexican real estate to startup advice.

39753382112_5c39d9d649_k.jpgNotTitanic by Guan Tou, on Flickr

But Just for you sensitive souls, I've placed some monopoly money in a fund for non-existent widows and orphans affected by this hypothetical tragedy. We even held a very tasteful Imaginary memorial service, although Jason Puncheon ruined it by turning up in Jeans and Trainers.

39753369022_92fbab8a16_b.jpgSlide4 by Guan Tou, on Flickr

So an ocean going liner leaves Southampton and sinks and yet there is no connection whatsoever with The Titanic. Whatever you say Guan. Be sure to post us a picture of you in your clown's outfit.

I think the attendance at the Watford Cup game will more than likely show the board how much dis-satisfaction there is with both MP and the state of the club as a whole at present.

As a season ticket holder I have already had two emails from them informing me that my Cup ticket is waiting for me.

It will stay waiting unfortunatelyl

This is an interesting thread.

As has been said, most are too scared to actually speak up and this idea of 'toxicity' is quite frankly utter nonsense. Some, e.g. Redmond might be mentally weak enough to be worried by boos but most of the players will quickly just get wrapped up in the game. The few remaining who are interested in being winners both on the day in their own personal battle and overall will look to compete, some will retain a weaker mental fortitude and (possibly) be 'happy to be there' although I would hope that that attitude wouldn't be prevalent in those who are professional sportsmen.

The protests are necessary if you consider a kickstart of some sort is required. If you aren't and you're happy to 'just support Saints' go to ****ing church.

The excuse that Les Reed has to go first is crap. While he and Kreuger and probably a few others also need to be got rid of protesting against the 'manager' (or clown as he is aptly called) is not mutually exclusive to getting rid of those higher up the hierarchy and indeed it can easily be argued that the two are heavily joined which is to simply look at the argument mooted that LR is the problem in a more sensible fashion.

The thing that Guan has said is that things need to be done (in his and how many others' opinion?) to show that the discontent that is felt is something that will be used to drive a change and that this discontent will be shown in a way that will counter all the guff/spin/PR bull**** that the club push out and that would otherwise convince the wider world that "The Southampton Way" is the second coming and highlight the plight of the club as felt by the fans who have this unnatural devotion to a thing which allows a load of blokes to be paid far too much money to kick a balloon around and who seem to care about it so much that they spend an inordinate amount of their lives talking about it as though it's been grafted to them.

The protests need not be at an end when Pellegrino eventually goes and it's obvious that he'll only go when pushed as he seems to be entirely delusional in his sense of what is/isn't real based on his press utterings of late and can always continue against LR,RK et al. Hanging up a load of banners and being silent or leaving the banners there and deserting the ground/seats doesn't have to be disruptive. I think that will make a point though as it would both show the discontent and make it heard (through silence) and all that is is a ramping up of pressure on those above the current board and some employees to look to properly address the real problems; none of this pledge bull**** that we all know already will be hot air and more money wasted on marketing rather than paying Pellegrino's one way airfare to the North Pole where he can bore the arse off polar bears till he realises he has only one use which will probably be after the sun has gone supernova.

Come tomorrow there will be ten days of the transfer window left. Come tomorrow it will be almost a month since the VVD sale was agreed. Come tomorrow we will still have MP bumbling along and hoping that the world will somehow warp itself to fit his idea of reality rather than realising that he's not really that good. Come tomorrow we will still see his cowardice in team selection, team structure, team 'strategy' and cowardice in not walking away because he can't admit he's simply not up to it.

If you as fans want to support him in his cowardice by adding your own; do so. (I'm off to work in Derby so I can protest that way and try to tap up Rowett). How walking out and just congregating in the concourse while leaving an "MP/LR/RK out" banner can be seen as unnecessarily attritional is beyond me as is a few chants. The boos at the end are stupid; everyone does them and it hasn't helped the likes of Sunderland and any other club where the fans have been ****ed off at the goings on on the field and in the boardroom. Doing something a bit more at least gets the corporate types wriggling in their seats as their bosses turn up the heat on them.

As to people having to provide a better 'solution' than MP. Why? Why should the customer have to tell the company how to do its job? Will everyone who does receive shares, a payout; or will e.g. LR take the credit and the cash and go about telling everyone how clever he's been? From what I've seen of MP, however, I would think Raidi Jaidi would be better and that is having seen the U23s in action.

The problem is Dangermouth, as it was with the sacking of Puel, is that there is every chance Les Reed will appoint someone worse. So we'll be out of the frying pan into the fire. We wanted rid of Eric Black as first team coach and now we've got Kelvin Davis, one of the worst goalkeepers in the history of the Premier League, with no previous coaching experience, in charge of coaching, assisted by ex-Barnsley goalkeeper, Dave Watson, neither one of them with any previous experience of coaching outfield players, and not even very good at coaching goalkeeepers.

...nah

I deplore all the negativity that has destroyed The Southampton Way emanating from Les Read and all the Saints Board.

And their smug complacency.

But who from Saints backroom staff would be charged with managing the team when MP is shown the door?

Just had a read through this thread and an image of Wolfie Smith popped into my head. While protest is admirable there has to be a destination in mind but but so many people seem to even have different ideas on that.

The only thing that'll really make the club sit up and take notice is not to hand over money. This writing's been on the wall for much longer than this season which is why they no longer get anything from me.

This. I remember when our club had a reputation for six managers in 4 years or something like that. I don't want to go back to that and think there are reasons beyond MP for the bad form. Sacking/protesting now will not save the club - it could put off any transfers considering the club.

To be honest it feels like some of our fan base are not up for a fight and want throw the towel in now.

Note. Yes, results have been **** but we are not in the bottom 3.

Do you think anyone on the team , the manager or the board are up for a fight ?

The fans didn't put us in this position .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

This. I remember when our club had a reputation for six managers in 4 years or something like that. I don't want to go back to that and think there are reasons beyond MP for the bad form. Sacking/protesting now will not save the club - it could put off any transfers considering the club.

To be honest it feels like some of our fan base are not up for a fight and want throw the towel in now.

Note. Yes, results have been **** but we are not in the bottom 3.

No we are in the bottom 2

If tomorrow’s protests attract TV attention I wonder if they’ll mention that the protesters also wanted Puel out last season?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There were no protests last year, hardly any boos until the last few weeks of the season. Easier to blame those of us who go every week though I suppose.

There were no protests last year, hardly any boos until the last few weeks of the season. Easier to blame those of us who go every week though I suppose.

Every week? Wow, you’re keen. I only go when there’s a match on.

I wondered how long it would take before the denials started. Come the end of the season and they’ll be nobody admitting they were moaning like ****.

Love the posting and your passion for our club, i have decided to vote with my feet, I contacted supporter relations earlier this week just after cancelling my ticket for spurs match, i told the supporters relations that i will never buy another ticket whilst that joker Pellegrino is at saints, if your looking to make a huge statement to the board vote with your feet, an empty stadium would spell it out for them and the cameras.

Pellegrino is not just a joke he is a person who sucks all confidence from players by leaving them on the bench after a previous good game, the **** doesn't have a bloody clue and our board aren't much better.

20th January and still no confirmed signings, we must be the laughing stock of the premiere league.

So my way of hoping to get through to these untouchables is to vote with my feet and not attend another game until Pellegrino is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so now we are in the bottom IMHO we really need to push the board to act. I get that some don't want to accuse individuals, protest, boo players/manager/Reed, so I suggest we all (or as many as are concerned about our club) send letters to Ralph with copies to owner, Les and Echo (please send separate copies as it has more impact). Cost of 4 stamps and no abuse - surely that is the least we can do to try and save our status in the PL? Mine is on the way. If it helps, just copy and paste my letter below - it is no way rude or blaming individuals etc. just stating that we are not happy with the current state of affairs.

Believe me, 2K to 5K (yes I know I am being optimistic) of these types of letters (even if they are identical but from different people) will have a huge impact. Thanks to all who make the effort in advance.

Mr. Ralph Krueger

Chairman

Southampton Football Club

Britannia Road

Southampton

SO14 5FP

UK

Dear Mr. Krueger,

Re: Current Southampton F.C. (Saints) situation

I am writing to you as a long term loyal supporter of the Saints, and am extremely concerned at the current poor situation the club finds itself in. Every single aspect of the Club seems to be disorganised, lacking any leadership and totally rudderless. As a fan, I am particularly concerned about our on-field performance, or rather the complete lack of it!

In your recent interview with the Southern Evening Echo

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15802679.BIG_INTERVIEW__Saints_chairman_Ralph_Krueger/

you claim “Ultimately I carry the responsibility so knock my head off first” and “We are all speaking honestly and openly.” I am not calling for heads unlike many other supporters, but tell us honestly and openly, what are you/the Board/owner doing to address the current crisis exactly? Surely the fans deserve at least an admission that we are in trouble and what is being done to address this? No platitudes, fancy words or pledges please – actions speak louder than words sir!

You further say “So fans bring it on!” and whilst you say you were kidding, let me assure you NO Saints fan is taking this as a joke! The mere fact that a senior member of our great club can even contemplate a funny aspect of our current situation is very telling of our current custodians!

The Club and fans will continue no matter what, but you/the Board/owner are in temporary charge – however long that is, and history will ultimately judge the impact you had on our Club during your charge. I implore you – make it positive – if not the fans will never forgive or forget! I hold you/the Board/owner responsible for the fate of Saints – you are on notice sir!

Yours faithfully,

Red

Cc: Gao Jisheng

Les Reed

Southern Evening Echo

regardless of where we finish Season Ticket sales will hit rock bottom , the walk up tickets sales will be down , £210m club will be nothing but real estate in the championship with a team of mainly internationals a thing of the past

this club needs rid of pellegrino but seems theres a split fan base , the only time the fans are together is at a game , there is no better time to protest

76 minutes if there's still anyone in the ground not singing oh when the spurs go marching in should turn their backs in silent protest

Love the posting and your passion for our club, i have decided to vote with my feet, I contacted supporter relations earlier this week just after cancelling my ticket for spurs match, i told the supporters relations that i will never buy another ticket whilst that joker Pellegrino is at saints, if your looking to make a huge statement to the board vote with your feet, an empty stadium would spell it out for them and the cameras.

Pellegrino is not just a joke he is a person who sucks all confidence from players by leaving them on the bench after a previous good game, the **** doesn't have a bloody clue and our board aren't much better.

20th January and still no confirmed signings, we must be the laughing stock of the premiere league.

So my way of hoping to get through to these untouchables is to vote with my feet and not attend another game until Pellegrino is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did you cancel your ticket for the Spurs match

regardless of where we finish Season Ticket sales will hit rock bottom , the walk up tickets sales will be down , £210m club will be nothing but real estate in the championship with a team of mainly internationals a thing of the past

this club needs rid of pellegrino but seems theres a split fan base , the only time the fans are together is at a game , there is no better time to protest

76 minutes if there's still anyone in the ground not singing oh when the spurs go marching in should turn their backs in silent protest

If tomorrow’s protests attract TV attention I wonder if they’ll mention that the protesters also wanted Puel out last season?

Obviously you never go to games cos there weren’t any protests. You are clueless.

seat in block 40 and so far the protests have been booing at the end of the game, pretty tame I never said there have been protests during the game, i said there is no better time to protest, whos cares if they talk about Puel , thats history and hindsight always has the possiblity of rewriting with rose tinted specs on, dont see many cameras on crowds after the whistle has blown .

the club wants customers, generally customers are fans , if the fans dont return because the clubs in the championship then they have less customers ,

I'll say it again , 76 minutes, turn our backs will form a great visual protest , no need to take banners etc, at no other point is there 30000 saints fans in one place with an opportunity to voice their views

I agree totally with your protest and respect your ideas but, as long as you turn up to matches the board won't give a ****, vote with your feet, take away their revenue, leave them with an empty stadium if you really want your message to get through, Pellegrino is a virus, he has ripped all our players confidence away from them, he has kept gabby on the bench but expects him to perform at the flick of a coin, bloody ridiculous way to manage a team, also he has kept Lemina on the bench??, does the board really need a kick up the ass to realise that our manager is definitely not UP TO IT.

get rid or the entire team will be without confidence or passion, for gods sake board WAKE UP, why cant you see what is right in front of you Pellegrino is ****!!!!!!

I agree totally with your protest and respect your ideas but, as long as you turn up to matches the board won't give a ****, vote with your feet, take away their revenue, leave them with an empty stadium if you really want your message to get through, Pellegrino is a virus, he has ripped all our players confidence away from them, he has kept gabby on the bench but expects him to perform at the flick of a coin, bloody ridiculous way to manage a team, also he has kept Lemina on the bench??, does the board really need a kick up the ass to realise that our manager is definitely not UP TO IT.

get rid or the entire team will be without confidence or passion, for gods sake board WAKE UP, why cant you see what is right in front of you Pellegrino is ****!!!!!!

Remind me of how mamy of our players were playing with confidence before he turned up ? Maybe Romeu !?

I was one of the first SISA committe members, and gave up a lot of drinking time to hand out leaflets outside the Dell.

Initially we got a meeeting with the board, but that didn't really change much. The protests continued and at some point the board got worried eneough about the disconnect between the supporters and the club that they brought in McMenemy as DOF. However, I think that it was the Port Vale 3rd round FA Cup attendance that forced the change, not the protests themselves.

At the moment it feels like everything needs an overhaul, the Academy and U23's are bare, and the first team squad is unbalanced. The 433 system set out in the five year plan is requires a forward who can hold the ball up and link play and a no 10 behind him. We have neither. The five year plan for now should be not to rely on the academy for now, but to concentrate resources on keeping the club in the premiership, so that the money is there to reboot the academy next season.

What utter tripe when has protesting ever improved a teams performance

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Long term it will.

Obviously you never go to games cos there weren’t any protests. You are clueless.

Hey donut, when did I write there were protests last year.

I’ve put my post up for you to read, can you see what I actually wrote as opposed to what you think I wrote. Feel free to highlight the part which stated there were protests last year.

This 76 minute turn your back thing? Are you really expecting the chapel, the kingsland and the itchen to all get to their feet and turn around? Good luck with that! Even if some do the vast majority won't have a clue what's going on.

Bet you can't the majority to even stand up!

I respect anyone that is actually going to the game to protest. I’ll be protesting myself, but in the form of not attending and leaving an empty seat. I hate that it’s come to this but watching Saints at the moment is just depressing and not enjoyable.

I am praying that bottom 3 is a wake up call and the club will finally get rid of this clown who is taking us straight down. I won’t hold my breath though!

This 76 minute turn your back thing? Are you really expecting the chapel, the kingsland and the itchen to all get to their feet and turn around? Good luck with that! Even if some do the vast majority won't have a clue what's going on.

Bet you can't the majority to even stand up!

Some of the people in the Kingsland are a little unsteady on their feet to begin with. Standing up and turning around will make them dizzy and a little confused.

So an ocean going liner leaves Southampton and sinks and yet there is no connection whatsoever with The Titanic. Whatever you say Guan. Be sure to post us a picture of you in your clown's outfit.

****. (You can guess what that word was, and yes, right first time.)

I do understand the view of some that the atmosphere a protest creates doesn't help the team. But it does also feel like these suggestions are acts of desperation from fans who can see their club being relegated - something which should have been totally avoidable - rather than a disgruntled minority who can't understand why we're not challenging for the title.

A lot of people have been thinking "the board will act soon, how can they not? There's no need for the supporters to start kicking up a fuss, because he will be sacked anyway." And this has gone on for weeks, all the time we are playing matches and dropping more points. At what stage do the supporters say "ok, enough is enough"?

No-one wants to reduce our chances of winning a game when points are at a premium this season, but given we're not likely to beat Spurs anyway, maybe it's a more acceptable game to risk (rather than, say, home to Brighton). And crucially, there isn't any time to lose now.

Edited by mrfahaji

It's good to see that others have at last come to the conclusion that the only way to really protest is by not turning up.

I'm actually conflicted by this form of action because Saints have been my team since 1963 and I've supported them through thick & thin ever since. But recently something has changed. Is it me or the club or the Premiership or FIFA? Not sure but there is no way that I'm paying money to watch a team that is clueless and seemingly without fight. Money is either destroying football or my love of it.

Here we go Ladies and Gentlemen! Remember, no matter what shape or form your protest takes, if you making one and tweeting/Social Media posting about it, remember to include the #SaintsFC hashtag, so it shows up in search results for the club.

I would also recommend the #PellegrinoMustGo tag, but that is completely up to the individual. I'll be posting a link of social media outlets in a dedicated thread, let's hope after today's match the board will finally see sense and listen to reason!

Here we go Ladies and Gentlemen! Remember, no matter what shape or form your protest takes, if you making one and tweeting/Social Media posting about it, remember to include the #SaintsFC hashtag, so it shows up in search results for the club.

I would also recommend the #PellegrinoMustGo tag, but that is completely up to the individual. I'll be posting a link of social media outlets in a dedicated thread, let's hope after today's match the board will finally see sense and listen to reason!

Make your point but the stupid pictures are the work of kiddies, stick to the facts

What’s pathetic is that you want to try to coerce the wider fanbase into grinding your own personal axe with the club. Whatever has made you and the club fall out, it’s your problem; not ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's turned the weans against us.