Pellegrino Out protest - In stadium, outside stadium & Online. 21st January 2018.

Guan 2.0

How the massive protest go - at the stadium? no ok what about social media? - Na thought not same old people spouting sh1t

Gladly it was primarily restricted to weirdos on the internet. Still a shame we didn't make a racket last 20 mins, never a better example of where support can get involved and try and make a difference.

Gladly it was primarily restricted to weirdos on the internet. Still a shame we didn't make a racket last 20 mins, never a better example of where support can get involved and try and make a difference.

Perhaps people were actually supporting the team? And it did make a difference.

Delighted to say there was no protest whatsoever. In fact, I think the abject crap posted on here actually galvanized the best support we've had for ages, and no let's just keep that up and forget the nonsense.

Good, spirited performance. COYR!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Titanic controversy notwithstanding, I think we can all agree that this thread is now really, really funny.

Guan should start them every game - twice and rare decent displays. If Reed gets 2 or 3 decent signings in for the Brighton game and we win that, then I would start to agree with you but the evidence isn’t with you or the club at present. One swallow does not make a summer

Delighted to say there was no protest whatsoever. In fact, I think the abject crap posted on here actually galvanized the best support we've had for ages, and no let's just keep that up and forget the nonsense.

Good, spirited performance. COYR!

Actually I did protest - I had my A4 sign (massive) "Sack The Board" / "Pellegrino Out" outside ground by the Ted Bates statue. I got moved on. I then went in, grabbed a drink before I was threatened with expulsion from the stadium by head of security unless I handed over my mnasiive poster. The said poster was still in my pocket at this stage. The head of security, a guy called Martin, was trying to intimidate me & threatening to confiscate my season ticket.

Actually I did protest - I had my A4 sign (massive) "Sack The Board" / "Pellegrino Out" outside ground by the Ted Bates statue. I got moved on. I then went in, grabbed a drink before I was threatened with expulsion from the stadium by head of security unless I handed over my mnasiive poster. The said poster was still in my pocket at this stage. The head of security, a guy called Martin, was trying to intimidate me & threatening to confiscate my season ticket.

Doesn't mean I didn't get behind the team during the match - because I did. I'm just ready to get rid of the manager ASAP too,

Guan should start them every game - twice and rare decent displays. If Reed gets 2 or 3 decent signings in for the Brighton game and we win that, then I would start to agree with you but the evidence isn’t with you or the club at present. One swallow does not make a summer

Maybe he could do a funny poster about Apartheid or the Holocaust this time?

If you believe our problems are over because of today, good luck to you. The team today did well (not well enough, but well) and it was largely forced on the manager due to injuries etc. We are still in the bottom 3 and our Board are as inactive as ever. If you do not seek to change the status quo (in whatever way you seem appropriate), then you are no different to our "head in the sand" Board, and please please do not have the hypocrisy to complain should we be relegated.

If you believe our problems are over because of today, good luck to you. The team today did well (not well enough, but well) and it was largely forced on the manager due to injuries etc. We are still in the bottom 3 and our Board are as inactive as ever. If you do not seek to change the status quo (in whatever way you seem appropriate), then you are no different to our "head in the sand" Board, and please please do not have the hypocrisy to complain should we be relegated.

Has anyone said this? I think most people suspect getting behind the team at games might have a more positive effect in our current position than creating a toxic atmosphere.

Why didn’t you make a bigger sign and get your carer to help you hold it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry to hear your day panned out like this.

Funny that we beat Everton last time of the 'big' protest and this time out got a draw with Spurs. Maybe we should plan one every week?!

If it helped the displays, I would. The pressing and harrying was a great things to see.

Or in our case, two swallows and winter. But yeah, more focused on the signings now.

Very Sorry to hear this happened to you. Not a good attitude for SFC to take wherever you sit on the Total support/Sack Pellegrino debate. Hopefully the display made up for it somewhat.

Maybe he could do a funny poster about Apartheid or the Holocaust this time?

I can't provide anymore evidence that the picture used was not of the Titanic, or anything to do with it, than i already did on this thread, and a quick google image search will show that. But hey, people want to twist that into something sinister, and then turn it up a notch with references to Apartheid or the Holocaus,t I can't stop them.

I was glad to see people commenting online during the match with their thoughts/fears/protest actions, but i was even more delighted to see such an attacking, battling display for Saints. If we had seen even 10% of that attitude transmitted on the pitch this season, we wouldn't find ourselves in the relegation zone. And of course with a display like that , i didn't expect mass protests to burst out in the stadium, when there was a genuine chance to beat spurs.

The true tests (IMO) will be Brighton and WBA. Win those and we have a chance to stay up. The players today showed that they have the ability to do that if utilised properly, so Pellegrino must now show that he can organise the team to produce that. We still are on the worst winless run since 1998, and we are still 18th. I still think Pellegrino is the wrong man for the job, and today's performance showed we have been mismanaged to way below our potential level. But as i still want us to win more than i want Pellegrino to lose his job, hopefully he retains some of that fight for the upcoming games.

Last word goes to Michael Obafemi. Such a nice surprise to see a young Saints player come on and play with no fear!

There were no protests last year, hardly any boos until the last few weeks of the season. Easier to blame those of us who go every week though I suppose.

And there was me thinking I'd spent the entire of last season defending Puel's decisions against halfwits with no alternative suggestions...

Really impressed by the protests today by the way. So impressed the first I knew of them was 8 hours afterwards when I came on here.

LOL

Would return but can no longer stand the overcrowded UK. I always return for a break when there is a home match.

You must be going to the wrong bits. I was travelling on a train for an hour last weekend towards Grimsby and 55 minutes of that was just fields.

That’s really disappointing to read, but not at all surprising, we had this under Cortese when fans had season tickets revoked for writing an article criticising him, and in this case you are more than entitled to protest and let them know what you think even if that doesn’t meet the squeaky clean image the club try to portray. This isn’t China, you are allowed free speech. Our security is a joke, confiscating pieces of paper and threatening saints fans in Itchen north with ejection but allow a box of spurs fans to be mouthy all game at the back of the block.

If we’d been 2-0 down at half time there would have been protests, but as it was we saw a team actually putting in some effort and the fans responded and backed them.

If the transfer window is a disaster and we lose to Brighton I’d expect protests are back on the agenda then.

On your own.... :lol:

Suspect they wanted to save your embarrassment

I protested but for some reason got drowned out by 20,000 people clapping the team and cheering.

Didn't they get the memo?

I noticed that as well. It's good to get a reality check and remind yourself that a few dozen whingers on an internet forum aren't representative of the total Saints fan base.

Not to say there aren't plenty who are unhappy, but fortunately most can see that supporting the team, who are good enough to keep us up, is far more effective than protesting.

I can't provide anymore evidence that the picture used was not of the Titanic, or anything to do with it, than i already did on this thread, and a quick google image search will show that. But hey, people want to twist that into something sinister, and then turn it up a notch with references to Apartheid or the Holocaust , Quote.

It doesn't matter that it wasn't an actual picture of the Titanic sinking (apart from the fact no pictures exist of the actual sinking) but what it depicted looked like that ! also the captain went down with the ship , unlike one of the directors/owners who legged it into one of the too few lifeboats ! No it's nothing to do with the Holocaust etc but all to do with corporate manslaughter due to cost cutting , putting company profits before customers safety etc.

So if we carry on performing like we did on Sunday and MP manages to turn things around, will you guys continue to post pictures of ocean going liners sinking (with attendant loss of life, even if it wasnt supposed to be the Titanic) and transposing pictures of MP's face onto clowns? Will the massive non protests and multiple *****ing threads continue? Or will people get behind the club and try and help us back up the table?

So if we carry on performing like we did on Sunday and MP manages to turn things around, will you guys continue to post pictures of ocean going liners sinking (with attendant loss of life, even if it wasnt supposed to be the Titanic) and transposing pictures of MP's face onto clowns? Will the massive non protests and multiple *****ing threads continue? Or will people get behind the club and try and help us back up the table?

A lot of people on here will but those who cannot admit to being wrong and those with agendas will most likely continue

I will ... if he turns things around. While yesterday was very encouraging, ultimately it was one point (1 more than I expected) that leaves us in the relegation zone. We have seen encouraging performances against top clubs this season already (city, United, arsenal) which have gained us 2 points. What we have rarely seen is taking 3 points against teams we should easily be beating, and have been in winning positions.

If we can beat Brighton and get at least a point at west brom I might begin to have some level of optimism that we can somehow survive. As it stands today I'm still of the opinion he's clueless, out of his depth, and leading us to the championship. If I was les reed I'd be on the phone to marco silva (or his agent) today, irrespective of yesterday's performance.

I think your campaign lacked a certain simplicity that say the "Wenger Out" uprising had not that is going terribly well. Our previous attempts were also much more punchy. "Bates must got was a good one but that didn't work either thank god, nor did "Lawrie your a let down"

"We want Branfoot Out" worked better but he was here much longer than our present Manager and the football was much,much worse.

You see it is usually events that decide the future of Managers not protests.

• 2 weeks later...
we are stuffed if we make the ground unhelpful to the team. Bring it on when or if we are relegated

I disagree. A bit of electricity in the stadium might help, especially if the players give a toss about the manager and by all accounts he has not lost the dressing room. I'd gamble. Staying calm and carrying on will change nothing and I'm afraid that's relegation form.