Pellegrino Out protest - In stadium, outside stadium & Online. 21st January 2018.

Guan 2.0

Hello all.

So here we are. 14 games to go (if you discount the inevitable beating we take against spurs). Bottom of the form table, and above the relegation zone on goal difference.

But it's not too late. If we can make our voices heard, online, in person, and across the media, we can help to halt his perilous slide. But we need to work together on this.

No-one is asking you to be a sheep. No-one is asking you to agree with every wish your fellow fan has. But if you want Pellegrino and his negative thinking out of our club, i'm asking for your help. We will be live on sky, at a prime viewing time for football fans across the nation. Let's make the headline something other than a thrashing by spurs.

If you're going to the match, and think Pellegrino should leave, I would ask you to protest, whatever form that may take. You could print off one of the posters below, or take one of your own design. You could chant against Pellegrino. You could boycott all purchases inside the stadium and tweet/text Solent/5Live/Sky/SaintsFC about it. Even if everyone does something small, 25,000 people making small gestures leaves a huge impression.

If you're going to the stadium, but not attending the match, you can still make a difference. If you have the time, you could speak to the sky cameras, or hand out posters. Or just speak to your fellow fans, about what you are doing, or how they can help. Even in small groups, photos from numerous fans making it clear that their family/mates won't be setting foot inside the stadium until Pellegrino has gone, will send a clear message.

If you are watching or listening online you can be vital to our cause. You can flood social media and sky/bbc with Messages. You can inform Saints fans who might not know about the protest, and see if they have ideas that can help. I don't know people on not 606, sotonions, Ugly inside, Daily echo, saintslist, but you might! And we need everyone possible on this.

The point is we can make a difference. When i spoke of the disconnect between the brand our execs promote and the reality of our situation, people were sceptical until Kreuger spoke out. When i said Pellegrino was planning to waste money on bang-average targets, some claimed the the manager doesn't pick targets until we bid nearly £20 Million for a Monaco reserve.

So when i say that the one thing that can convince this regime to replace Pellegrino is a sign from the fans that would damage the 'Happy united small club' image we try to promote, I need you to trust. There was more robustness on the boards when Lowe and Branfoot were ousted, and we have a national audience this time.

I'll make a separate post with links to media outlets for Sunday. I'll also make a separate thread for people who think protests are a waste of time, so this topic and that one can stay on topic. If you have any ideas on how we can improve or spread the word on this, please reply below. This is our last chance while the window remains open, and we need all the suggestions we can get!

In the meantime, please, please spread the word to all your fellow saints fans who may be interested, in person and online. We need the word out, and as many people who can help as possible! We can do this. COYS!

27986570399_d6dd885fcc_b.jpgSlide1 by Guan Tou, on Flickr

39733254422_913cb6fce8_z.jpgSlide2 by Guan Tou, on Flickr

39733254242_b023c23437_b.jpgSlide4 by Guan Tou, on Flickr

39733254482_92ceeffa7e_b.jpgSlide3 by Guan Tou, on Flickr

25893267928_8a6e34491d_b.jpgMP out by Guan Tou, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/gp/139649636@N02/sJ4uU7

The club have clearly stitched you up personally and you've got an issue. What happened?

This is completely counter-productive, we'll make an already terrible situation worse, when our players need our support we turn the place into a toxic mess. Then what if the new manager fails to get the players going - then what more protests? People are certain a new manager will mean we will avoid relegation, it's not as easy as that. The players and attitude of the players and complacancy at the club is the issue, i don't blame Pellegrino for inheriting a squad of comfortable long-contracted under-performing whining babies who argue on the pitch. The truth is the dressing room is toxic, the players are not getting on, and it shows on the pitch. VVD was an outcast and hated by teammates, and Redmond is turning into that now, as is Bertrand. Relegation and rebuild is the only way forward - as with this squad unless we have a real clear out rebuild managers will inherit the same problems.

The problem goes beyond the manager, its rotten at the top. Protest by all means before the game, half time and after (sooner if getting thrashed) but do encourage the team during play.

Why not start chanting and having a go around Ted Bates statue before kick off.

And here we have it - all the constant moaning on this site for weeks and weeks about how people would have fired manager/Reed/Board/Owner/Players etc. etc. ad nauseum and when someone comes up with an actual suggestion to do something, 90% cower and say get behind the team (bit like your meal is crap and you moan like hell to your friends and tell them you're going to give the waiter/chef/owner hell and demand a refund, only to say "yes, lovely" when the waiter asks you if everything is ok?). Well, we will get what we deserve - it is a democracy after all, but please please stop posting all the macho cr ap if you are fine with the manager etc.!

Guan clearly states he is open to other suggestions - none so far, and that he is opening another thread for people that don't agree this is a good idea. But no, we love our good old English sport of having a good moan at everyone and everything, and bottle it when it comes to doing anything about it.

I for one am with you Guan - will blast all the channels I can. BTW - just a thought for those who want to get behind the team - why not wholeheartedly support the team first half (best support so far this season), and then if we are still cr ap, or a few goals down, then protest like hell for the second half or when we are so far behind there is no hope of a result? The contrast will send a massive message in front of live TV. If we somehow manage to get a result, then sing "We love you Reds, but we still want the manager out!) after the final whistle?

And here we have it - all the constant moaning on this site for weeks and weeks about how people would have fired manager/Reed/Board/Owner/Players etc. etc. ad nauseum and when someone comes up with an actual suggestion to do something, 90% cower and say get behind the team (bit like your meal is crap and you moan like hell to your friends and tell them you're going to give the waiter/chef/owner hell and demand a refund, only to say "yes, lovely" when the waiter asks you if everything is ok?). Well, we will get what we deserve - it is a democracy after all, but please please stop posting all the macho cr ap if you are fine with the manager etc.!

Guan clearly states he is open to other suggestions - none so far, and that he is opening another thread for people that don't agree this is a good idea. But no, we love our good old English sport of having a good moan at everyone and everything, and bottle it when it comes to doing anything about it.

I for one am with you Guan - will blast all the channels I can. BTW - just a thought for those who want to get behind the team - why not wholeheartedly support the team first half (best support so far this season), and then if we are still cr ap, or a few goals down, then protest like hell for the second half or when we are so far behind there is no hope of a result? The contrast will send a massive message in front of live TV. If we somehow manage to get a result, then sing "We love you Reds, but we still want the manager out!) after the final whistle?

This. Many of our fans have no bite, just like the players. If you want change, then be prepared to actually have to do something to make it happen.

Thing is, no point sacking him if they haven't got anyone else lined up. Take Stoke for instance, sacked Hughes, then got turned down by O'Neill, then appointed Lambert. Really not sure I'd take Lambert over Pellegrino.

Plus anyway it's been leaked to the press that the board are considering Pellegrino's position. So if we continue not picking up wins over next few weeks, then a) looks like they will get rid of him and b) I'm sure the fans will naturally start showing their displeasure anyway.

So don't really agree with this planned protest, just let it happen naturally.

btw Guan any info on the new incoming centre back that we so desperately need???

Where was all this passion when we had a truly horrific manager in charge? If we had this kind of initiative when Puel the clown was here we might not be in this mess. Too little too late.
If the fans hadn't been whiners and had not got Puel sacked we might not be in this mess.

Where was all this passion when we had a truly horrific manager in charge? If we had this kind of initiative when Puel the clown was here we might not be in this mess. Too little too late.

Another Puel post.

Did he run off with your missus or something?

Whatever faults he my or may not have had, the bloke hasn't been involved with the club for seven months.

He has literally **** all to do with the situation we are in.

I agree that I think we need a change of manager, though I don't think this is the way to go about it (I don't know what is). I am sure the results will speak for themselves (eventually) without creating a poisonous atmosphere in the ground for the sake of it.

If I am honest, this comes across to me as Guan wanting to make a name as a minor club/Twitter celebrity or as someone with some kind of personal beef against the club.

The MP clown and Titanic posters also seem a bit distasteful to me for differing reasons. If you must have a poster, why not just say 'Pelligrino Out'?

A protest against MP is a protest against the club. It shows we're angry about what's happening and very timely after RKs attempt to talk away the situation.

Those who think this is simply a protest against the manager are the short-sighted ones.

We're likely to get relegated if he remains in charge and the result against spurs is almost inevitable, so we have nothing to lose.

If you prefer a silent protest then how about we turn our backs on 76 minutes (assuming there's anyone left in the stadium).

The frustration amongst the players is clear so I wouldn't mind betting they'd secretly appreciate it too.

This. Many of our fans have no bite, just like the players. If you want change, then be prepared to actually have to do something to make it happen.

No bite? You make the constant whining as as some sort of positive.

I await to see all the alpha males, leaders of men types in these protests. Or maybe they will be like a random sample picked up from Shirley High St?

I have no particular axe to grind with Pellegrino other than he appears to be useless so pictures of him mocked up as a clown is quite pathetic. Maybe it is just the sense of fair play of sticking up for the underdog but he seems a decent fella so such things do not sit well with me,

Maybe he could do a job share and he gets the first half only and new guy gets to take over at half-time and has complete control of substitutions.

Guan has never had anything to do with the club. Just alittle upset with the way things are atm. But like many on here he wants change but offers no realistic alternatives.

Im hearing this too much to be honest, and I get it. I understand that there is a lack of reasonable managerial targets out there, unfortunately this list has dwindled down through our lack of any real action.

But that said, we cannot carry on with MP. As this thread proves the atmosphere with all things Saints is now unfortunately completely toxic. From the forums, to the pubs, to the stands and social media we have fans arguing with fans and everyone bemoaning good ship Saints and all that sail with her. That can't be a situation that can carry on and has been caused almost completely by the lack of any action AT ALL from Saints, including a lack of any real communication (that isn't ill timed and ill perceived)

The problem is that although there are no obvious replacements it is clear that the job he is doing is sub par. Im of course not a qualified manager but I have my coaching badges, have worked in football and played at a reasonable level so would like to think I know a bit about the game. The first thing that worries me is that he has not, from my memory, ever kept the same 11 at any point all year. His tactics, seem to almost everyone I speak to, to be at odds to what would get the best out of our playing staff and have clearly failed to work without a change all season. His substitutions are bemusing, reactive and often make no changes to the game whatsoever. And I feel I need to call into question his motivational techniques, due to our insistence to effectively roll over in the second half, or against any real pressure.

As for replacements, there are a few out there, Im not saying how realistic they are, or how well they will do here but;

Tuchel

Bielsa

Blanc

Bilic

Hughes

Enrique

All out of work

And

Wagner

Jovanovic

Johnson

Rowett

Are all I would expect to be able to prize away should we need to. (Rowett probably not due to his new contract)

The frustration amongst the players is clear so I wouldn't mind betting they'd secretly appreciate it too.

Bless. Yeah it’s the poor old players I feel sorry for. Let’s boo more and show them we are fighting for their freedom from Pellegrino. The same man who clearly instructed them not to challenge Gray’s header - they are so disciplined.

It’s really going to impress any potential signings thinking of coming into the club. They’ll be a bit worried about our league position, so I’m sure creating a toxic hatful atmosphere on Sunday in front of the cameras will reassure them.They’ll be thinking, this bunch seem a fair lot, if I don’t hit the ground running they’ll get behind me and support me instead of getting on my back. They’ll be impressed that after 8 years of constant improvement we wait all of half a season to throw our toys out of the pram. I’m sure the half empty stadium at 85 mins will show them how passionate we are about the club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trousers, for once have the courage of your own convictions. Guan is hardly likely to give details of his status to help you decide which side of the fence you choose to climb down from. Assuming you do work up the courage to climb down that is.

Nah.... I much prefer to leave the flawed concept of choosing sides to you humans.

Opinions: the root cause of all wars since c.63,732 BC

You could always "work up the courage" to join me on the fence.... you do need a lot of balance up here though, so it might not be for you.... ;)

I think a peaceful protest in front of the Sky cameras could help, but don’t boo or hold up posters while the game is on. Cheer on the players for 90 minutes!

I suggest those at the match protest in the build up to kick-off (when Sky are previewing the game, announcing the line-ups etc) and also at half-time (unless we’re 4-0 up! ;) )

If Sky do a preview stood on the edge of the pitch, that would be a perfect opportunity to get noticed.

Take your seats early to protest and stay sitting to protest at half time (bladders permitting). Boycott purchases inside the stadium of food, drink, programmes etc. Make clear on social media etc that you are boycotting purchases so Saints advertisers/partners get nervous. Hit Gao and Kat in the pocket to get their attention!

Unfortunately, I don’t think Guan’s suggested A4 posters will show up very well on TV. Too ‘busy’. I’d suggest a simple message in large print (Pellegrino Out) and/or a simple picture (Clown etc).

As I mentioned before, I’m not able to attend myself, just making suggestions for those who will be there and want to protest and get it noticed effectively.

Protest outside of the ground.

Support inside the ground.

Imagine being a player (or, imagine being a 20-something year old lad), walking out in front of a protesting crowd. How inspired and motivated to perform will you be? You'd **** a brick.

Protest, make the point you wish to make, make sure it's on camera (we know how important public image is to the board), but then get into your seat and do everything you can to help, not hinder, what's already a bloody difficult game.

Imagine being a player (or, imagine being a 20-something year old lad), walking out in front of a protesting crowd. How inspired and motivated to perform will you be? You'd **** a brick.

Protest, make the point you wish to make, make sure it's on camera (we know how important public image is to the board), but then get into your seat and do everything you can to help, not hinder, what's already a bloody difficult game.

I agree with the support being required inside the ground, but I think you have mis-judged the player reaction.

Most of our team are experienced grown men, many of whom are non-British, international footballers. They won't **** a brick, but what they might do is think "feck this for a game of soldiers, I don't need to work here, I can work for 100 different clubs throughout Europe, I'll go through the motions for the next few months and this evening I shall instruct my agent to find me a new club in the summer".

And at that point, they start dreaming for their next pre-season elsewhere..

They are paid professionals. They are all in it to pay the mortgage and feed the kids (with plenty left over on today's inflated wages). Making them feel apprehensive about picking their Bentley up after the game is completely counter-productive.

(Don't get me wrong, the players' application this season has been very poor, regardless of managerial frailties. I would like to stick a rocket up their collective backsides, but that has to be the manager's job, not mine).

I agree with the support being required inside the ground, but I think you have mis-judged the player reaction.

Most of our team are experienced grown men, many of whom are non-British, international footballers. They won't **** a brick, but what they might do is think "feck this for a game of soldiers, I don't need to work here, I can work for 100 different clubs throughout Europe, I'll go through the motions for the next few months and this evening I shall instruct my agent to find me a new club in the summer".

And at that point, they start dreaming for their next pre-season elsewhere..

They are paid professionals. They are all in it to pay the mortgage and feed the kids (with plenty left over on today's inflated wages). Making them feel apprehensive about picking their Bentley up after the game is completely counter-productive.

(Don't get me wrong, the players' application this season has been very poor, regardless of managerial frailties. I would like to stick a rocket up their collective backsides, but that has to be the manager's job, not mine).

You're probably right, but the end result is the same - commitment, effort, desire, motivation, spirit, it all drops.

There was no need, Puel got us to 8th and a cup final.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

The club have clearly stitched you up personally and you've got an issue. What happened?

My thoughts entirely. He is coming across as a lover scorned, and in the most bizarre fashion. As for dragging the Titanic disaster into this, WTF? To quote another long standing poster "Jesus wept."

Guan has never had anything to do with the club. Just alittle upset with the way things are atm. But like many on here he wants change but offers no realistic alternatives.

With respect, it's not Guan's or anyone else on this forum's job (I don't know your position at the club) to select a replacement. People are paid a lot of money to do this job, if they want to give me their salary, then i'll certainly offer some suggestions to the board. Dare I say it, we may even need to pay another club compensation :scared:

Ultimately it's been 10 game, yes 10 games without a win in the PL for which we've picked up 4 points. I don't think whoever we pick could do a worse job, at the moment. I agree that with new players he could improve us, but in the same light, he could not and we've just wasted a window giving any new man no time to turn things around.

If we can't find someone better, even if it's just a little bit, than 0 wins in 10, then what are these people, who are paid a decent amount, doing?

Edited by SKD

It’s really going to impress any potential signings thinking of coming into the club. They’ll be a bit worried about our league position, so I’m sure creating a toxic hatful atmosphere on Sunday in front of the cameras will reassure them.They’ll be thinking, this bunch seem a fair lot, if I don’t hit the ground running they’ll get behind me and support me instead of getting on my back. They’ll be impressed that after 8 years of constant improvement we wait all of half a season to throw our toys out of the pram. I’m sure the half empty stadium at 85 mins will show them how passionate we are about the club.

8 years of constant improvement resulting in Relegation threatening. 4 years of constant silver selling, leading to brass stock left. Wake up Les and sack yourself. Do us all a favour, Lord leshunter

Thing is, no point sacking him if they haven't got anyone else lined up. Take Stoke for instance, sacked Hughes, then got turned down by O'Neill, then appointed Lambert. Really not sure I'd take Lambert over Pellegrino.

Plus anyway it's been leaked to the press that the board are considering Pellegrino's position. So if we continue not picking up wins over next few weeks, then a) looks like they will get rid of him and b) I'm sure the fans will naturally start showing their displeasure anyway.

So don't really agree with this planned protest, just let it happen naturally.

I think this is my view. I do share Lord T's er.. surprise on this sudden change in Guan2.0.

Hopefully the team will give me something to cheer about on Sunday and I will. More incompetent substitutions and tactics and I may naturally find myself expressing an opinion of the manager. Politely, of course but maybe vociferously..

I think a peaceful protest in front of the Sky cameras could help, but don’t boo or hold up posters while the game is on. Cheer on the players for 90 minutes!

I suggest those at the match protest in the build up to kick-off (when Sky are previewing the game, announcing the line-ups etc) and also at half-time (unless we’re 4-0 up! ;) )

If Sky do a preview stood on the edge of the pitch, that would be a perfect opportunity to get noticed.

Take your seats early to protest and stay sitting to protest at half time (bladders permitting). Boycott purchases inside the stadium of food, drink, programmes etc. Make clear on social media etc that you are boycotting purchases so Saints advertisers/partners get nervous. Hit Gao and Kat in the pocket to get their attention!

Unfortunately, I don’t think Guan’s suggested A4 posters will show up very well on TV. Too ‘busy’. I’d suggest a simple message in large print (Pellegrino Out) and/or a simple picture (Clown etc).

As I mentioned before, I’m not able to attend myself, just making suggestions for those who will be there and want to protest and get it noticed effectively.

The revolution will be televised! ........ (bladders permitting).

Why do people keep mentioning Tuchel as a replacement? He's rejected us twice before he's not going to change that now. Likewise Blanc and Enrique would never come to us, and i think Bielsa is debatable too.

Any news on replacements at all Eric? I know you mentioned Lime Wood possibly being booked out.

Just looking for any drop of optimism that this nightmare may soon be over...

The Titanic reference has some merit ie White Star cut corners to save money , the platework was made from second grade steel to save money during construction . When it sailed from Ireland to Southampton it had a fire in a bunker adjacent to the side of the ship that sliced open when hitting the iceberg. The theory is rather than delay the voyage from Southampton they would try to deal with the bunker fire by burning as much coal as possible from this bunker . This caused damage to the outer steelwork due to the high temperature and the rest is history.

The ring a ring of roses rhyme is still up for debate , one suggestion was that it referred to the plague and this is often cited but it it is inconclusive .

Folklore scholars regard the theory as baseless for several reasons:

The plague explanation did not appear until the mid-twentieth century.[21]

The symptoms described do not fit especially well with the Great Plague.[26][28]

The great variety of forms makes it unlikely that the modern form is the most ancient one, and the words on which the interpretation are based are not found in many of the earliest records of the rhyme (see above).[2][29]

European and 19th-century versions of the rhyme suggest that this "fall" was not a literal falling down, but a curtsy or other form of bending movement that was common in other dramatic singing games.[30]

The Titanic reference has some merit ie White Star cut corners to save money , the platework was made from second grade steel to save money during construction . When it sailed from Ireland to Southampton it had a fire in a bunker adjacent to the side of the ship that sliced open when hitting the iceberg. The theory is rather than delay the voyage from Southampton they would try to deal with the bunker fire by burning as much coal as possible from this bunker . This caused damage to the outer steelwork due to the high temperature and the rest is history.

The ring a ring of roses rhyme is still up for debate , one suggestion was that it referred to the plague and this is often cited but it it is inconclusive .

Thanks for sharing this information. Made my very reluctant visit to this thread worthwhile.

Folklore scholars regard the theory as baseless for several reasons:

The plague explanation did not appear until the mid-twentieth century.[21]

The symptoms described do not fit especially well with the Great Plague.[26][28]

The great variety of forms makes it unlikely that the modern form is the most ancient one, and the words on which the interpretation are based are not found in many of the earliest records of the rhyme (see above).[2][29]

European and 19th-century versions of the rhyme suggest that this "fall" was not a literal falling down, but a curtsy or other form of bending movement that was common in other dramatic singing games.[30]

equally interesting.

As for the OP, I posted this on the other thread, but sod it, I will post here too. Protesting because the team isn't playing well? Sigh. Jesus, suck it up. It's football FFS. Take the pain. We've had plenty of fun over the last five or six years. We're five minutes past a Wembley final and for some, a once in a lifetime experience watching Saints in Milan.

Moan. Boo at the end after a poor display, even write something nasty on your own ****ter account...but protesting is for when the board want to change the clubs name to Hampshire FC or the Chairman is paying himself £17m a year whilst giving the manager tuppence to spend...or is he doing that...better check those accounts carefully next year!

Whether you agree with Guan or not at least he's put more visible effort into the debate than the club seem to have put into sorting out the mess this season is becoming

Organised protest or not , the fans will either sit there silently , blindly following because it'll harm the team or protest because it will aid the team to push the club into a reaction, the dreaded 'the manager has our full backing' has as much as been said by Ralph if you honestly think saying nothing will save us from the championship then carry on , however if you think that making your views known either by holding up a card, turning your back or just shouting Pellegrino out then do that , one thing is certain though this manager has caused huge rifts within the fan base , my question to those who say keep quiet do nothing , do they believe there is not a similar rift in the opinions of the playing staff?

why does every debate on this fall down to whose is the better fan ?

Yes you must be right. I mean I would hate to see us finish this season 8th and in a cup final. What a shambles tha would be

Surely this philosophy could also work the other way though? ... A 20 something year old Premier league footballer earning more per week than most individuals could dream of earning in a year, playing as a top professional in arguably the most elite league in the world, and the fans are on their back! ... Surely with their natural 'win at all costs' competitive spirit, this should spur them on to prove the doubting fans wrong!

Exactly. It's far from impossible that there will be a new signing or their representatives at the game on Sunday.

If the fans hadn't been whiners and had not got Puel sacked we might not be in this mess.

You are unbelievable.. do nothin and it'll all turn out right in the end!

I'm with Guan on this, the voice of the fans has a right to be heard or we'll be shafted again and again. It might not bring about change but it'll certainly stir things up a bit and might even shock the complacent b****** upstairs.

There'll be a far bigger protest next year when nobody buys a season ticket to watch Division 2 football.