Pellegrino Out protest - In stadium, outside stadium & Online. 21st January 2018.

Guan 2.0

Hello all.

So here we are. 14 games to go (if you discount the inevitable beating we take against spurs). Bottom of the form table, and above the relegation zone on goal difference.

But it's not too late. If we can make our voices heard, online, in person, and across the media, we can help to halt his perilous slide. But we need to work together on this.

No-one is asking you to be a sheep. No-one is asking you to agree with every wish your fellow fan has. But if you want Pellegrino and his negative thinking out of our club, i'm asking for your help. We will be live on sky, at a prime viewing time for football fans across the nation. Let's make the headline something other than a thrashing by spurs.

If you're going to the match, and think Pellegrino should leave, I would ask you to protest, whatever form that may take. You could print off one of the posters below, or take one of your own design. You could chant against Pellegrino. You could boycott all purchases inside the stadium and tweet/text Solent/5Live/Sky/SaintsFC about it. Even if everyone does something small, 25,000 people making small gestures leaves a huge impression.

If you're going to the stadium, but not attending the match, you can still make a difference. If you have the time, you could speak to the sky cameras, or hand out posters. Or just speak to your fellow fans, about what you are doing, or how they can help. Even in small groups, photos from numerous fans making it clear that their family/mates won't be setting foot inside the stadium until Pellegrino has gone, will send a clear message.

If you are watching or listening online you can be vital to our cause. You can flood social media and sky/bbc with Messages. You can inform Saints fans who might not know about the protest, and see if they have ideas that can help. I don't know people on not 606, sotonions, Ugly inside, Daily echo, saintslist, but you might! And we need everyone possible on this.

The point is we can make a difference. When i spoke of the disconnect between the brand our execs promote and the reality of our situation, people were sceptical until Kreuger spoke out. When i said Pellegrino was planning to waste money on bang-average targets, some claimed the the manager doesn't pick targets until we bid nearly £20 Million for a Monaco reserve.

So when i say that the one thing that can convince this regime to replace Pellegrino is a sign from the fans that would damage the 'Happy united small club' image we try to promote, I need you to trust. There was more robustness on the boards when Lowe and Branfoot were ousted, and we have a national audience this time.

I'll make a separate post with links to media outlets for Sunday. I'll also make a separate thread for people who think protests are a waste of time, so this topic and that one can stay on topic. If you have any ideas on how we can improve or spread the word on this, please reply below. This is our last chance while the window remains open, and we need all the suggestions we can get!

In the meantime, please, please spread the word to all your fellow saints fans who may be interested, in person and online. We need the word out, and as many people who can help as possible! We can do this. COYS!

27986570399_d6dd885fcc_b.jpgSlide1 by Guan Tou, on Flickr

39733254422_913cb6fce8_z.jpgSlide2 by Guan Tou, on Flickr

39733254242_b023c23437_b.jpgSlide4 by Guan Tou, on Flickr

39733254482_92ceeffa7e_b.jpgSlide3 by Guan Tou, on Flickr

25893267928_8a6e34491d_b.jpgMP out by Guan Tou, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/gp/139649636@N02/sJ4uU7

Contacts:

BBC football main page:

Send a text to 81111 (sometimes changes, worth checking on the day)

Twitter: Use the hashtag #bbcfootball

Facebook: BBC Sport

Solent Sport:

Text 81333 (start your message with the word SOLENT),

tweet @solentsport,

email solent.sport@bbc.co.uk.

5 Live Sport:Phone 0500 909 693

Sms 85058

Twitter @bbc5live

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/bbc5live

Sky sports: https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL

https://www.facebook.com/SkySportsFootball

If anyone has further details for email/text/phone please add them to a thread and hopefully we can add a a sticky on the day.

[h=3]

Phone[/h]0500 909 693Calls are free from most landlines but some networks and mobile operators will charge you.

[h=3]

Sms[/h]85058You will be charged at your standard message rate for each message.

[h=3]

Twitter[/h]@bbc5live

[h=3]

Facebook[/h]http://www.facebook.com/bbc5live

I hate asking for the manager to be sacked. It's such as easy thing to do.

But, I think he has to go. This season has been a nightmare. It's been completely pattern-less, other than us being cr*p most weeks.

I'm not entirely convinced it's justthe manager that's the issue though & that's even more concerning.

Full marks for effort.

I think the most effective thing that will encourage mass protests will be a bad defeat on Sunday.

To be fair we are very likely to lose and a poor performance and a loss coupled with some protests of this nature may actually do the trick. The usual people will ridicule Guan now for this but really it's not like it can get much worse so it's worth a try even if it doesn't achieve anything.

No point protesting just the manager when it was Les Reed and Co that picked Puel (a poor manager for us)and replaced him with Pellegrino (far worse).

I have no doubt Pellegrino will only get sacked when people ask more questions of the board and channel more frustration their way.

No point protesting just the manager when it was Les Reed and Co that picked Puel (a poor manager for us)and replaced him with Pellegrino (far worse).

I have no doubt Pellegrino will only get sacked when people ask more questions of the board and channel more frustration their way.

Yes but the board aren't likely to get the sack midway through the season whereas the manager may well do.

Need to put pressure on the board otherwise it may be a case of too little, too late by the time they do it of their own volition.
Mot sure what you mean by that. Sacking the manager may give us a chance to stay up and there's a chance that we will do that before the end of January. No matter what pressure we put on the board they won't be leaving at least before the end of the season so it has little relevance to our success this season.

It's not the job of fans to choose a successor. Besides if you believe the club's spiel they have a shortlist of candidates ready at all times.

Do you lot just want him sacked or do you have any idea who might replace him? A reminder. There are two sides to the coin. If there is nobody better to replace him then sacking him at this point would be the wrong decision.

Good evening Guan... if I may, can I ask a question before contemplating getting involved in this...

Has your role/position/source at the club changed or are you still the same 'Guan' in the same position as before.... i.e. the chap who used to drop us ITK titbits?

I just sense that something has changed in regards your relationship with the club, whatever that may have been. (I'd always assumed you were an employee of the club but maybe that's wide of the mark?)

Reason for asking is that I'm reluctant to get involved with anything that *could* be born out of a personal vendetta against the club.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing you of such a thing, I'm merely trying to rule it out and better understanding where you're coming from.

I tend to over think stuff so this could just be a simple case of a fan venting his anger/frustration who just happens to have had connections within the club.

Apologies for the inquisition (nobody expected that... :) ) but my curiosity got the better of me!

Cheers

Lord T

Sorry, but until I hear the majority of SMS get behind the Team and the Manager in a deafening roar of support for at least the first 80 minutes of a game, I don’t think protests are effective or indeed even warranted.

It is ultimately Les Reeds responsibility to either sack him or back him with a decent strike force. Protesting during a game is self-defeating and just contributing to our downfall. As others have reflected, this is so much like the Lowe days...militant supporters trying to oust the Board, the Manager etc, and doing nothing really effective to arrest the slip downwards.

Sorry, but until I hear the majority of SMS get behind the Team and the Manager in a deafening roar of support for at least the first 80 minutes of a game, I don’t think protests are effective or indeed even warranted.

It is ultimately Les Reeds responsibility to either sack him or back him with a decent strike force. Protesting during a game is self-defeating and just contributing to our downfall. As others have reflected, this is so much like the Lowe days...militant supporters trying to oust the Board, the Manager etc, and doing nothing really effective to arrest the slip downwards.

I'm sorry but blind support under every circumstance doesn't really achieve much either. Just suppose we go 5-0 down against spurs and it's clear we aren't really trying like against spurs away. Would it really be fair to expect a wall of support at that point? Are fans never allowed to express their discontent at the terrible performances during a game?

The more I think about this and the more I hear the more I think we are f****d. KL sold us to someone who was never in a million years a suitable owner. He has purchased us with 100% loan. She was within her rights of course but she has sort of condemned us to a very uncertain future while simultaneously seriously lining her own pockets. I admire Guan for getting off his arse but for me the protests or discontent should be aimed at Gao, Liebherr, Krueger and Reed.

Do you lot just want him sacked or do you have any idea who might replace him? A reminder. There are two sides to the coin. If there is nobody better to replace him then sacking him at this point would be the wrong decision.

The sacking alone will do the team good, his successor is irrelevant.

So what did you do that was effective in the Lowe era to halt our slide?

The more I think about this and the more I hear the more I think we are f****d. KL sold us to someone who was never in a million years a suitable owner. He has purchased us with 100% loan. She was within her rights of course but she has sort of condemned us to a very uncertain future while simultaneously seriously lining her own pockets. I admire Guan for getting off his arse but for me the protests or discontent should be aimed at Gao, Liebherr, Krueger and Reed.
But any protests of that nature will have no tangible benefit to our current predicament this season. Sacking the manager will almost certainly be beneficial and I support any action within reason that will hasten that outcome.

Good evening Guan... if I may, can I ask a question before contemplating getting involved in this...

Has your role/position/source at the club changed or are you still the same 'Guan' in the same position as before.... i.e. the chap who used to drop us ITK titbits?

I just sense that something has changed in regards your relationship with the club, whatever that may have been. (I'd always assumed you were an employee of the club but maybe that's wide of the mark?)

Reason for asking is that I'm reluctant to get involved with anything that *could* be born out of a personal vendetta against the club.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing you of such a thing, I'm merely trying to rule it out and better understanding where you're coming from.

I tend to over think stuff so this could just be a simple case of a fan venting his anger/frustration who just happens to have had connections within the club.

Apologies for the inquisition (nobody expected that... :) ) but my curiosity got the better of me!

Cheers

Lord T

Trousers, for once have the courage of your own convictions. Guan is hardly likely to give details of his status to help you decide which side of the fence you choose to climb down from. Assuming you do work up the courage to climb down that is.

It's certainly time for our voices to be heard at St Marys, we have been very patient and tolerant up to now, but enough is enough. No wins in 10 is currently the worst form in the whole 4 leagues of English football. Just 3 years ago we were 3rd in the table.

Lets get these clowns out of our club and get back to winning ways

Lol! You giant fanny. This has potential to be a golden thread...
If he wants to be picked up by the media, well there's their hook.

Jesus. It'll be like Man Utd fans organizing a protest utilising a picture of the Busby Babes.

Edited by Nolan

Support the team, make a positive home atmosphere.

Stuff like this is counter-productive to the above and will help cause relegation, not prevent it.

We have some massive games coming up at home, now isnt the time for stuff like this.

(Plus the Manager is a part problem but not the biggest problem).

The manager is poor, no doubt, but it's the owners who are to blame in my book. Leadership, drive and ambition comes from the top and there is no evidence of that. KL wants out and Gao hasn't a fookin scooby. Les and Ralph are no better than puppets and muppets. IMHO any direct protest needs to be aimed at the owners or their muppets. Support the manager and players, until they go 3-0 down and then they can get both barrels too! Hopefully we'll get something out of the game (*clutches straws*)

If he wants to be picked up by the media, well there's their hook.

Jesus. It'll be like Man Utd fans organizing a protest utilising a picture of the Busby Babes.

It's hardly 9/11 levels of "too soon" is it. Are you a "sick human being" for using any image from any tragedy that happened so long ago that no one alive was around to experience it?

The manager is poor, no doubt, but it's the owners who are to blame in my book. Leadership, drive and ambition comes from the top and there is no evidence of that. KL wants out and Gao hasn't a fookin scooby. Les and Ralph are no better than puppets and muppets. IMHO any direct protest needs to be aimed at the owners or their muppets. Support the manager and players, until they go 3-0 down and then they can get both barrels too! Hopefully we'll get something out of the game (*clutches straws*)
How do you successfully protest against the owners in a manner that could potentially lead to positive change in the next couple of weeks?

Support the team, make a positive home atmosphere.

Stuff like this is counter-productive to the above and will help cause relegation, not prevent it.

We have some massive games coming up at home, now isnt the time for stuff like this.

(Plus the Manager is a part problem but not the biggest problem).

Lol he thinks the manager isn't the problem

OK I don't think we are going to find any common ground here so not worth having the conversation. Let's hope Guan doesn't use ring a ring a roses in any marketing campaign seeing as it describes the symptoms of the black death! What a sick sick human being he is.
Given the current outbreak of the bubonic plague in Madagascar that's killed over 150 people and infected over 2000, and with the current travel warnings, That would also be insensitive.

Please do not listen to these people calling for protests. Now is not the time to make the atmosphere any more toxic than it already is. As some people have already pointed out, who exactly are we going to get in to turn this season around?

Yes, Pellegrino is struggling to get this bunch of players performing but so did the guy before him.

Yes, we are in a precarious position but this crisis has its origins prior to Pellegrino.

Can I just remind everyone that we are supporters of Southampton Football Club and the club is the most important thing here, not individual staff within the club. I have supported Saints for 50 years, all my life, and I go to every game to SUPPORT the team. I stand in the Northam every week and some of the rubbish I hear out of so called supporters beggars belief. If you ask me our performance as supporters of the club has been pretty awful this season, and maybe its us who needs to perform better to get us out of this crisis.

I, for one, will be supporting and not protesting this Sunday.

I know he’s useless but personal attacks on MP leave a sour taste. He hasnt talked us down as Branfoot did when he arrived at the club.

Back the team during the game, give it both barrels at the final whistle if we lose and let those in charge of the club make a decision.

As Trousers said it’s quite bizarre that Guan, who I also assume is a club employee, is trying to organise this canpaign against MP (and has been for quite a while).

Games gone !

I know he’s useless but personal attacks on MP leave a sour taste. He hasnt talked us down as Branfoot did when he arrived at the club.

Back the team during the game, give it both barrels at the final whistle if we lose and let those in charge of the club make a decision.

As Trousers said it’s quite bizarre that Guan, who I also assume is a club employee, is trying to organise this canpaign against MP (and has been for quite a while).

Games gone !

This. I remember when our club had a reputation for six managers in 4 years or something like that. I don't want to go back to that and think there are reasons beyond MP for the bad form. Sacking/protesting now will not save the club - it could put off any transfers considering the club.

To be honest it feels like some of our fan base are not up for a fight and want throw the towel in now.

Note. Yes, results have been **** but we are not in the bottom 3.

Please do not listen to these people calling for protests. Now is not the time to make the atmosphere any more toxic than it already is. As some people have already pointed out, who exactly are we going to get in to turn this season around?

Yes, Pellegrino is struggling to get this bunch of players performing but so did the guy before him.

Yes, we are in a precarious position but this crisis has its origins prior to Pellegrino.

Can I just remind everyone that we are supporters of Southampton Football Club and the club is the most important thing here, not individual staff within the club. I have supported Saints for 50 years, all my life, and I go to every game to SUPPORT the team. I stand in the Northam every week and some of the rubbish I hear out of so called supporters beggars belief. If you ask me our performance as supporters of the club has been pretty awful this season, and maybe its us who needs to perform better to get us out of this crisis.

I, for one, will be supporting and not protesting this Sunday.

This kind of attitude is why we never get anywhere at our club. People to prepared to bury heads in sand. We need action and this is exactly what needs to happen.

So whats more toxic ?

Fan arguing with Fan?

Fans booing an inept Manager/Board ?

If a protest gets underway in the ground I think the true feelings of the majority will get the opportunity to voice their opinion, either the protest gets drowned out by support for the team , or it gains momentum

At the moment I've seen nothing from the team or manager to garner any support or get any positive momentum from the fans, the team needs to show it means business, if it doesn't then I reckon the protest will get a head of steam , its a TV game so a PR nightmare if the protests gain the upper hand for the club

who knows the players may even revel in trying to prove they deserve the support, its all very well at the end wandering around clapping to those who've stayed after a defeat, we need them to show that appreciation by putting the ball in the net so we can sing their names loud and proud

This. I remember when our club had a reputation for six managers in 4 years or something like that. I don't want to go back to that and think there are reasons beyond MP for the bad form. Sacking/protesting now will not save the club - it could put off any transfers considering the club.

To be honest it feels like some of our fan base are not up for a fight and want throw the towel in now.

Note. Yes, results have been **** but we are not in the bottom 3.

Seriously, at this moment in time changing the manager is the only hope we have of avoiding relegation. I believe there is problems beyond this but right now we have to get someone in that can rejuvenate this squad to play to its full potential and just maybe we can survive.

This kind of attitude is why we never get anywhere at our club.

I must have dreamt us sailing up through two divisions, winning a lower league cup, getting into Europe, going to a Wembley cup final. The majority of football fans in the country would love it if their club could ‘never get anywhere’ in the way you seem to think we have.

Seriously, at this moment in time changing the manager is the only hope we have of avoiding relegation. I believe there is problems beyond this but right now we have to get someone in that can rejuvenate this squad to play to its full potential and just maybe we can survive.
Exactly. Board abd leadership issues can only really be dealt with in the summer. Changing the manager is the only change that can happen now and which coukd possibly stop our relegation.

Given the current outbreak of the bubonic plague in Madagascar that's killed over 150 people and infected over 2000, and with the current travel warnings, That would also be insensitive.

To you.

Enjoy your sensitivity and your obvious connection to all of humanity Archangel Nolan.

I'm off to read the rest of a football forum and consider the merits of making a stand against both the board and the manager, starting with the one who has had the greatest effect on our malaise.