I don't think protests work/I'm not interested in them.

Guan 2.0

I am a little apathetic about the manager really...obviously under the current ownership we aren't going to see any major investment.

As such we are just one of the also rans and with this owner/leadership team, we are destined (like the Swansea's) to go down and if we stay up this year, we'll go down in the next year or two anyway.

If you were protesting against Gao I would be in.

Its a bit of a Catch-22 in that if we make a toxic atmosphere, it is likely to rub off on the players and make them play (even more!!!!) badly.
Personally I'd favour protests but only if we go a couple behind early (which let's be honest could easily happen.) 3-0 down at half time with no hope of a recovery should see mass protests for the entire second half.

Seen Newcastle fans protest about Pardew at St Mary's and Chelsea fans create a dreadful atmosphere protesting about Benitez at Stamford Bridge, we hammered Newcastle and came from 2 down to draw at Chelsea. I don't like protests unless it involves staying away (what I'm doing currently and it isn't hard) or is booing at the end of another dire performance. Anything before the game or during doesn't help the team at all.

I also want Pellegrino gone but I also want us to stay up.

Remember the notorious Leeds game when they cam back from 3-0 down to win the game? I know...it hurt a lot. But what I remember most of all was their supporters incessant chant...”we’re going to win...we’re going to win...” on and on. It got to our players and the Saints faithful in a way I’m not sure I’d ever seen/heard before. It won them the game and crushed us to the point where the memory lives on.

So my point here is this. If the supporters give EVERYTHING we’ve got during the game in a positive way, maybe, just maybe, it might make a difference. And if it doesn’t well surely that gives the Board even MORE reason to sit up and take notice. Maybe even enough of a reason to sack the ‘clown’? Just saying.

Protests that create a toxic atmosphere are clearly bad at this point. Anyone who conducts one is doing more harm than good and should be turned on by fellow saints fans.

Those kind of protests are for when the **** has really hit the fan and it makes no difference.

Protests that create a toxic atmosphere are clearly bad at this point. Anyone who conducts one is doing more harm than good and should be turned on by fellow saints fans.

Those kind of protests are for when the **** has really hit the fan and it makes no difference.

Or in other words protests to attempt to affect change are only acceptable when it's too late for that change to make any difference...

Or in other words protests to attempt to affect change are only acceptable when it's too late for that change to make any difference...

Put it this way. If your protest causes the serious harm to the club of relegation, is it worth while when the alternative may lead to us staying competitive in the premier league.

If we protest to the point or creating a toxic and negative atmosphere we will 100% get relegated. And the only thing that will bring meaningful change is a complete change at board level.

Put it this way. If your protest causes the serious harm to the club of relegation, is it worth while when the alternative may lead to us staying competitive in the premier league.

If we protest to the point or creating a toxic and negative atmosphere we will 100% get relegated. And the only thing that will bring meaningful change is a complete change at board level.

Well that's clearly untrue. its entirely possible that we can achieve meaningful change for this season which may see us avoid relegation by sacking the manager.

The alternative argument is that rather than dooming us to relegation, an appropriate and organised protest live on sky may spur the club on to rid themselves of this manager that is taking us down and give us a chance to survive before there aren't enough games left to change anything. I don't personally think it will make much of a difference but I can see why people would want to try. I believe an itk like Guan when he says that it would affect the club anyway.

Well that's clearly untrue. its entirely possible that we can achieve meaningful change for this season which may see us avoid relegation by sacking the manager.

The alternative argument is that rather than dooming us to relegation, an appropriate and organised protest live on sky may spur the club on to rid themselves of this manager that is taking us down and give us a chance to survive before there aren't enough games left to change anything. I don't personally think it will make much of a difference but I can see why people would want to try. I believe an itk like Guan when he says that it would affect the club anyway.

That assumes we will get a new manager who is better than Puel or Mopey... and spend money.

We won't do either with this board.

That assumes we will get a new manager who is better than Puel or Mopey... and spend money.

Puel is irrelevant. What it assumed is that we will get someone who could make changes that may get us more points than pellegrino is currently managing. I would suggest that that really wouldn't be particularly difficult to find.

Puel is irrelevant. What it assumed is that we will get someone who could make changes that may get us more points than pellegrino is currently managing. I would suggest that that really wouldn't be particularly difficult to find.

The team has hardly any goals in it (for the last two games JWP has been our main goal threat), and the defence is weak. I would also question the team's fitness and work rate tbh. The squad is a shadow of previous years. And as Puel is showing at Leicester, he has massively improved results there compared to here.

Support the players and the manager but any negativity needs to be directed to the directors box... they are the route of the problem
How do you suggest protesting against the directors in a manner which has the potential for some positive change in the next couple of weeks that may give us the chance to not get relegated?

The team has hardly any goals in it (for the last two games JWP has been our main goal threat), and the defence is weak. I would also question the team's fitness and work rate tbh. The squad is a shadow of previous years. And as Puel is showing at Leicester, he has massively improved results there compared to here.
Yes but I still don't get your point. Are you saying that the manager isn't a major factor in our lowly position? If you think the manager abd the tactics we have played this year make little tangible difference then it doesn't really matter if he stays or goes right?

I think that this one is counter-productive - changing the manager at this stage of the season, in my opinion, would be more likely to cause disruption and lack of confidence.

'In the interest of balance' as you put it - why not put all this effort in to getting behind the team?

Edited by dronskisaint

Wait until the end of the transfer window, if we bring no one in at all then the board have to go but as one of the few optimists around here we are still only a couple of wins from mid table, let's get some decent players in, start holding on to leads, stay in the league then get a new manager in in the summer.

Wait until the end of the transfer window, if we bring no one in at all then the board have to go but as one of the few optimists around here we are still only a couple of wins from mid table, let's get some decent players in, start holding on to leads, stay in the league then get a new manager in in the summer.

Spot on. +1

Abd what about this particular manager abd our current win record would give you any confidence that anything like this is achievable under this manager?

Some of our play has been decent at times but we have thrown away too many points when we've been leading, that's what we need to sort out, if Pelligrino can throw away his instant negative switch when winning we might be ok, but yes, obviously there are still concerns but unless there is a great manager out there who can come in and get us winning immediately then what options are there?

It also assumes that we are able to sign any players likely to improve us immediately. Given that we're flirting with relegation to the point of underwear removal, I can't see any decent prospect coming here for anything but ridiculous money.

I feel sorry for Pellegrino. It is after all not his fault that he has been promoted above his ability, and he does carry himself with dignity so I would not have a wish to batter him more than he is already.

As others have said, the fault lies higher than him in the club hierarchy and it is toward them where my protest would be aimed.

+1. Football fans are generally terrible excuses for human beings on a good day - trying to get everyone sacked because we are having a rough patch is the height of pathetic. People really need to remember how far we have come and how competitive the premier league is.

Fortunately it's only a small % of fans.

Your relatives on the Titanic didn't bother getting into lifeboats when the ship hit an iceberg, instead they waited until they were treading water in the freezing Atlantic before looking for a life boat..

Yes but I still don't get your point. Are you saying that the manager isn't a major factor in our lowly position? If you think the manager abd the tactics we have played this year make little tangible difference then it doesn't really matter if he stays or goes right?

Well I guess that's kind of my point. I don't think we can get many managers who will significantly improve on Mopey. I think the squad needs serious investment, and I don't think this board either realise it, or are prepared to do it.

+1. Football fans are generally terrible excuses for human beings on a good day - trying to get everyone sacked because we are having a rough patch is the height of pathetic. People really need to remember how far we have come and how competitive the premier league is.

Fortunately it's only a small % of fans.

That just sounds like we should be ok with relegation because at least another group of fans somewhere get to celebrate staying up.

I think a lot of people would have 'been ok' (as much as possible) had we been relegated in our first season back up, because we expected to struggle, as all promoted teams do. But after our recent success it is pretty unforgivable that the board have allowed us, whether through poor player or manager recruitment, to crumble to this situation.

I can’t see an organised protest doing any good, if there are protests it will happen naturally. You can organise all you want but if we stuff 3 goals past Spurs no one is going to be holding up A4s.

I expect it to turn really nasty on Sunday if we get dicked. It will be 100% support for the team until the moment it becomes clear there is no hope of getting a result (Spurs 2nd or 3rd) then the fans will vent their anger.

People have very short memories if they think that organised protests dont work, what about the Branfoot protests or the Lowe protest?
its a bit embarrassing though. The media love it,they put the microphones under the noses of the dinlo fans, its a bit like Xfactor in the auditions, get the idiots on to make fun of

What concerns me is that Pellegrino isn't man enough to admit his mistakes and do the honourable thing and resign. I'm sure everybody would have a lot more respect for him if he held his hands up and admitted that he's done. How he can stand there week after week, spouting the same nonsense after making the same old mistakes is a complete mystery. He's just making himself to look a bigger idiot than he already is.

What concerns me is that Pellegrino isn't man enough to admit his mistakes and do the honourable thing and resign. I'm sure everybody would have a lot more respect for him if he held his hands up and admitted that he's done. How he can stand there week after week, spouting the same nonsense after making the same old mistakes is a complete mystery. He's just making himself to look a bigger idiot than he already is.

Why on earth do you think he'd resign. He has a contract until 2020 or so. If he wasn't up to the job then we shouldn't have appointed him in the first place. Fixed term contracts work both ways, there is normally no resigning and no sacking without full compensation.

Why on earth do you think he'd resign. He has a contract until 2020 or so. If he wasn't up to the job then we shouldn't have appointed him in the first place. Fixed term contracts work both ways, there is normally no resigning and no sacking without full compensation.

That's very true. The only manager I can ever remember actually resigning simply on the grounds that he wasn't up to the job was Keegan, although I suppose there must have been others.

Protesting because the team isn't playing well? Sigh. Jesus, suck it up. It's football FFS. Take the pain. We've had plenty of fun over the last five or six years. We're five minutes past a Wembley final and for some, a once in a lifetime experience watching Saints in Milan.

Moan. Boo at the end after a poor display, even write something nasty on your own ****ter account...but protesting is for when the board want to change the clubs name to Hampshire FC or the Chairman is paying himself £17m a year whilst giving the manager tuppence to spend...or is he doing that...better check those accounts carefully next year!

I think a simple "red card" protest in the stadium would work the best. Simplicity is the key - Guan's posters would work best for a social media campaign rather than something do be done inside the stadium.

Sunday could be this generation’s Port Vale home game :-)

Who is up for bringing the ‘Mr Blobby In, Pellegrino out’ banner if we are going retro?