Les Reed Out protest

Nordic Saint

There is really no point in sacking Pellegrino if Les Reed is going to be appointing the next manager, as each one he appoints is worse than the previous one. We need our 'Black Box' Paul Mitchell back to find the next Pochettino. Les Reed and Ross Wilson will just bring in a worse version of Pellegrino.

2015/16 63 pts

2016/17 46 pts

2017/18 33-38 pts ??

There has been a clear decline since May 2016 so you certainly can't blame it all on Pellegrino or the Gaos. Kat, Les and Ralph have been in control for all of that period. I get the impression that Kat just lets Les get on with it, as long as he makes her money, and that, in effect, Ralph's position is not mch more than an honorary president, who just seems to be brought over to make a PR statement every few months, and he isn't even very good at that. So, Les Reed must be largely responsible for our decline. Polls show the majority of fans agree he has failed badly over the last 2 years and that, after reaching 65 last year, he should have retired and let someone younger take over. I think he is doing more harm than good by hanging on. My preferred choice to replace him would be Paul Mitchell..

There is no need for A4 paper. A simple chant of Les Reed Out at the end of each defeat will suffice.

This forum is a perfect example of the modern football fans.

I assume you must be one as 'Sack the board' is one of the oldest chants in the game, going back more than 60 years. Fan protests agianst failing directors have been going on as long as there has been professional football, the same as the sacking of amangers.

Why stop at LR in the chain of command ?

Pellegrino/ Reed/ Wilson , (Krueger) can only work to a budget.

Previously it was used to repay some of Katrina's loans.

If Gao spends £200m to buy a football club, sells VVD for say £60m, gets relegated and sells Bertrand etc for say another £50m, and pockets the parachute payments then he has bought a large building site for development including a relatively new football ground for a decent price.

QED.

Good point and how I've been feeling. We have declined since Cortese left and whilst he wasn't the nicest of blokes, he ran a tight ship. Seems the comments and concerns he made about the club when departing were accurate.

Les Reed is endemic to the failings of the club in recent years and some changes need to happen or the club will be back to the days of feeder club, lacking ambition, lacking stock, manager and chairmen merri-go-round futility. Les has too much power and needs to be under more scrutiny. Ralph is simply irritating. Just another Tony Blair. Except much worse at public speaking. Just saying what the fans ought to hear and naively hoping we will see through their prevaricating, universally reasoned club statement while their actions show how little interest they really have in football and ambition.

Incidentally, how much has Gao said? Feels like he's picked up the club easily thanks to Katharina Liebherr and has more interest in the surrounding area and business interests. How much has he invested in the club, does anyone know? He may have put money in but not heard much and I'm sure PR Ralph would bang the drum if he had. The tedious sycophant.

Good point and how I've been feeling. We have declined since Cortese left and whilst he wasn't the nicest of blokes, he ran a tight ship. Seems the comments and concerns he made about the club when departing were accurate.

I know some people hate it, but finishing 8th, 7th, 6th and then 8th plus a cup final, with two European campaigns is not a decline. Cortese's only full premier league campaign we finished 14th. Personally I enjoyed those campaigns, very very strange that some people write them off as a decline.

Our current predicament has as much to do with the departure of Cortese as it has to do with the departure of Chris Nicholl.

Edited by CB Fry

Shall we just forget all of the good work and progress that he's helped bring us over the last few years then?

Its too easy to just blame one person, he didnt have the sole decision on the players we sold (because they wanted out) or the Managers that have left us (because they wanted out). Would he be the best thing ever if Poch or Koeman hadnt walked out on us and we were still Top 10?

P.S Im not a happy clapper, and im certainly not happy with the current state of affairs! It just frustrates me when we decide to blame people (via guesswork) without knowing what really goes on behind the scenes. Maybe he is the only one who fought to keep these players when the rest of the board wanted to sell?

Les Reeds best and worst friend.... Mr Momentum Curve.

Cortese built up huge momentum.... We were never going to crash and die the next day.

I predicted 3 years before the decline started as the upward momentum under Cortese was strong.

Leslie 'assistant manager of Bishop's Stortford FC' Reed managed 2 years before bursting that beautiful momentum bubble.

Time for the old boy to **** off

We're 4 years into Les's 5 year plan. Not exactly sure what that plan was/is? Pretty sure it didn't involve certain people taking as much money out of the club as possible, but that seems to be all that's happened. Funny, asset stripping was mentioned about 3 seasons ago and those who suggested it were ridiculed. It looks like those who suggested it are now being proved right.

We're 4 years into Les's 5 year plan. Not exactly sure what that plan was/is? Pretty sure it didn't involve certain people taking as much money out of the club as possible, but that seems to be all that's happened. Funny, asset stripping was mentioned about 3 seasons ago and those who suggested it were ridiculed. It looks like those who suggested it are now being proved right.

Who is asset stripping ?

A club that is paying Jack Stephens and Matty Targett £50k a week is possibly running the shi ttest asset strip in the history of business.

I know some people hate it, but finishing 8th, 7th, 6th and then 8th plus a cup final, with two European campaigns is not a decline. Cortese's only full premier league campaign we finished 14th. Personally I enjoyed those campaigns, very very strange that some people write them off as a decline.

Our current predicament has as much to do with the departure of Cortese as it has to do with the departure of Chris Nicholl.

People don't want the truth. Stick to the agenda please.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

People don't want the truth. Stick to the agenda please.

Sadly its a load of ******** though (and I actually tend to agree with CB Fry on a lot of things).

A decline isn't something that happens in a short period of time.

2015 when we finished 6th was our peak season where we had 63 points.

2016 we finished 8th which isn't too bad. But it doesn't show some serious issues. We were 17 points down on the previous season. Had 6 less wins and 5 more defeats. Scored 18 fewer goals and let in 7 more goals. That is down in every area on the previous season.

2017-18 we again will be down in every area on the previous season bar some miracle.

24 months of falling performance is a decline regardless of what happened previously to the peak. To act as if it isn't is quite frankly stupid.

I'm always very interested to read posts from people that know more than I about our finances. Can you provide a little more information here. Interesting subject. From the naked eye it looks as though we have sold players and then spent the money on others, plus gave higher wages to those that remained. The previous owner continually put money into the club and was paid relative peanuts for those loans. She sold up to someone else. She didn't take money out of the club at that point, she took money directly from another buyer. She left that new buyer with a £75M saleable asset. Are you suggesting Gao is asset stripping now? You may be right, but it seems a little early to make that judgement.

Sadly its a load of ******** though (and I actually tend to agree with CB Fry on a lot of things).

A decline isn't something that happens in a short period of time.

2015 when we finished 6th was our peak season where we had 63 points.

2016 we finished 8th which isn't too bad. But it doesn't show some serious issues. We were 17 points down on the previous season. Had 6 less wins and 5 more defeats. Scored 18 fewer goals and let in 7 more goals. That is down in every area on the previous season.

2017-18 we again will be down in every area on the previous season bar some miracle.

24 months of falling performance is a decline regardless of what happened previously to the peak. To act as if it isn't is quite frankly stupid.

In 2014 we finished 8th (half a season after Cortese left in the January)

In 2015 we finished 7th

In 2016 we finished 6th

So that's 30 months of progress in the time the person I replied to said our decline had been since Cortese left - so from January 2014 - when clearly, patently, no decline.

In 2017 we finished 8th and got to a cup final - yes people can talk about points but sorry it's not a decline. If people genuinely, genuinely thought we would just get better and better and better every season - with the result being us winning the league no later than 2021 - then god help them. 8th, for us, in any season, is good.

2018 we are dreadful, not sure where I have said any different. I want the manager out, Reed has co cked it right up.

But I stand by the point I made which is that decline did not start in January 2014.

You want to talk about our peak - very happy to, delighted to - it all happened since Cortese left in January 2014. We hit a peak, and then smashed through it the following season, and followed up by holding firm under the increased fixture congestion as a result of hitting that peak.

Yeah, now we've been struggling to maintain it but we hit a peak, boy did we hit a peak.

Now we're having a drop. Other clubs would kill to have the peak we've had since January 2014.

But to hit those peaks, to hit those huge peaks we hit after January 2014, I wouldn't want to change a single thing.

Edited by CB Fry

Agreed. Lack drive at the top over the last 18 months but the concept of a decline since 2014 would be guff

Even though CB Fry tries to turn a blind eye to it, the truth is out there:

2015/16 63 pts

2016/17 46 pts

2017/18 32-38 pts ??

As for his "those huge peaks we hit after January 2014" that is total ********. Most clubs our size and many smaller ones have hit much higher peaks than that. Finishing runners-up in a League Cup Final should be considered far from a 'huge peak' for a club of our size. Teams that have done that include Bradford, Cardiff, Sunderland, Wigan, Bolton, Birmingham and Tranmere. Swansea, Birmingham, Middlesbrough and Blackburn also won League Cups. In recent years, Wigan, Hull, Cardiff, Palace and Stoke have also been in FA Cup Finals and Wigan won theirs. Even little Pompey were in 2 FA Cup Finals in 3 years and won one of them. Just about every club in the top 2 divisions and even some in the third division have qualified for Europe and most performed better than we did. Fulham and Middlesbrough reached European finals. So, our 'huge peak' wasn't even as good as Wigan's, Swansea's, Blackburn's, Fulham's or Middlesbrough's and we have a much bigger fansbase and get bigger crowds than all of them.

We have the 12th biggest average home gates in the country this century, in spite of our limited capacity, and social media figures indicate we have one of the 10 biggest fanbases. So top 8 finishes and losing a League Cup Final are hardly a massive overachievement. For our size, in terms of trophies won, we are historically, just about the most underachieving team in history and it looks lke we are underachieving again and still haven't won anything. How many clubs have spent more than 80 years in the top 2 divisions and never won one of them even once? Even Reading beat us to a trophy. A club of our size should have won at least 4 or 5 major tropies by now.

If we'd had a 'huge peak' as good as Swansea's, for example, relegation wouldn't be quite so hard to take.

Even though CB Fry tries to turn a blind eye to it, the truth is out there:

2015/16 63 pts

2016/17 46 pts

2017/18 32-38 pts ??

As for his "those huge peaks we hit after January 2014" that is total ********. Most clubs our size and many smaller ones have hit much higher peaks than that. Finishing runners-up in a League Cup Final should be considered far from a 'huge peak' for a club of our size. Teams that have done that include Bradford, Cardiff, Sunderland, Wigan, Bolton, Birmingham and Tranmere. Swansea, Birmingham, Middlesbrough and Blackburn also won League Cups. In recent years, Wigan, Hull, Cardiff, Palace and Stoke have also been in FA Cup Finals and Wigan won theirs. Even little Pompey were in 2 FA Cup Finals in 3 years and won one of them. Just about every club in the top 2 divisions and even some in the third division have qualified for Europe and most performed better than we did. Fulham and Middlesbrough reached European finals. So, our 'huge peak' wasn't even as good as Wigan's, Swansea's, Blackburn's, Fulham's or Middlesbrough's and we have a much bigger fansbase and get bigger crowds than all of them.

We have the 12th biggest average home gates in the country this century, in spite of our limited capacity, and social media figures indicate we have one of the 10 biggest fanbases. So top 8 finishes and losing a League Cup Final are hardly a massive overachievement. For our size, in terms of trophies won, we are historically, just about the most underachieving team in history and it looks lke we are underachieving again and still haven't won anything. How many clubs have spent more than 80 years in the top 2 divisions and never won one of them even once? Even Reading beat us to a trophy. A club of our size should have won at least 4 or 5 major tropies by now.

If we'd had a 'huge peak' as good as Swansea's, for example, relegation wouldn't be quite so hard to take.

What a lovely list of clubs and what a lovely swivel eyed rant about fu ck all.

Just remind which of those clubs finished 7th and then 6th in the richest league in the world?

Just list them. Off you pop.

we can. put the 'finished 6th one year" trophy next to the ever present "net spend" cup
If finishing sixth in the Premier League is being looked down on, fine by me.

Just means that no owner or manager has delivered any success to our club since 1976. None of them. They've all failed.

Not my personal opinion but if it's yours then good to know.

Off the top of my head, Blackburn, Bolton, Fulham for a start and Leicester won it.

Now off you pop.

The small-minded, defeatist fans like you who play the "we're just ever so 'umble little Southampton, we can't hope to compete with other clubs and should be grateful for any crumbs that are dropped down to us" card are pathetic.

Off the top of my head, Blackburn, Bolton, Fulham for a start and Leicester won it.

Now off you pop.

The small-minded, defeatist fans like you who play the "we're just ever so 'umble little Southampton, we can't hope to compete with other clubs and should be grateful for any crumbs that are dropped down to us" card are pathetic.

add in Newcastle. managed by the managerial wizard that is Alan Pardew

villa did it twice. even Reading have finished 8th in this league

Now off you pop.

Checkmate :lol:

Les Reed is endemic to the failings of the club in recent years and some changes need to happen or the club will be back to the days of feeder club, lacking ambition, lacking stock, manager and chairmen merri-go-round futility. Les has too much power and needs to be under more scrutiny. Ralph is simply irritating. Just another Tony Blair. Except much worse at public speaking. Just saying what the fans ought to hear and naively hoping we will see through their prevaricating, universally reasoned club statement while their actions show how little interest they really have in football and ambition.

Incidentally, how much has Gao said? Feels like he's picked up the club easily thanks to Katharina Liebherr and has more interest in the surrounding area and business interests. How much has he invested in the club, does anyone know? He may have put money in but not heard much and I'm sure PR Ralph would bang the drum if he had. The tedious sycophant.

He has put zero in.

Now off you pop.

Fu cking brilliant.

I think you're supporting the wrong club then because by your measure we've never ever been successful so it's pretty certain we never ever will be regardless of who owns us or runs us.

And all those clubs you've listed (some of them just about fit the criteria) are where now? Built on their fleeting success and now at the top end of football? They finished seventh and then grew and grew and grew? Did they do that? Did they?

Of course they didn't.

They are all nowhere, especially on your standards, all of them are absolutely nowhere.

You may have noticed that Bolton and Blackburn and Fulham have gone through a teeny tiny bit of bother actually worse than were doing now.

Which is entirely my point you ****i g imbecile.

Edited by CB Fry

Fu cking brilliant.

I think you're supporting the wrong club then because by your measure we've never ever been successful so it's pretty certain we never ever will be regardless of who owns us or runs us.

And all those clubs you've listed (some of them just about fit the criteria) are where now? Built on their fleeting success and now at the top end of football? They finished seventh and then grew and grew and grew? Did they do that? Did they?

Of course they didn't.

Or are they all nowhere, especially on your standards, all of them are absolutely nowhere.

You may have noticed that Bolton and Blackburn and Fulham have gone through a teeny tiny bit of bother actually worse than were doing now.

Which is entirely my point you ****i g imbecile.

and were are about to join them

add in Newcastle. managed by the managerial wizard that is Alan Pardew

villa did it twice. even Reading have finished 8th in this league

Newcastle relegated since.

Reading in the Championship.

Villa finished sixth three times in a row, not twice actually. Now in the Championship.

So it's okay for those clubs to falter after finishing high up the table but not us. Clear.

Looks like it. No fear of the Championship for me.
saints in the championship is no biggy.

last time we went down from the prem I was genuinely gutted. this time, not so.

The only annoying thing is that this mess. we are in is/was completely avoidable.

Just sheer incompetence from those at the top of the club has brought this. Rather than a team of not-quite-good-enough players battling to stay in the league.. which would he the case if Brighton should go down

to me, Les Reed is no better than Rupert Lowe.

The only annoying thing is that this mess. we are in is/was completely avoidable.

Just sheer incompetence from those at the top of the club has brought this. Rather than a team of not-quite-good-enough players battling to stay in the league.. which would he the case if Brighton should go down

Yes it was. I agree. The biggest mistake not appointing a big name manager when we were sixth and in the Europa League. The seeds of decline started then.

Now we're going down with the Argentine Steve Wigley and this season has been a shambles.

It's a well trodden path for football clubs, but we hit a high that lots of other clubs would love to achieve.

Yes it was. I agree. The biggest mistake not appointing a big name manager when we were sixth and in the Europa League. The seeds of decline started then.

Now we're going down with the Argentine Steve Wigley and this season has been a shambles.

Statistically you could be unfair to Wigley as Pelligrino's winning record is worse and getting worse each game.

If, there really is £200m of debt (a big if) loaded onto the Club, then we will be in a worse state than when relegated under Lowe. Let us hope that there is very little debt.

If, there really is £200m of debt (a big if) loaded onto the Club, then we will be in a worse state than when relegated under Lowe. Let us hope that there is very little debt.

It's been pointed out to me many times the debt is not against the club. However the owner borrowed £200m to buy us. He therefore has £200m debt that the club owes him, to both service the debt and to pay it back ultimately.

Whichever way you look at it..he will want that money from us in some way..we aren't his billionaire plaything like Chelsea and it looks like he isn't a Moshri (sp) at Everton who is prepared to pump money in to try and join the elite clubs,netting his money back by inflated revenue.

I am worried about this guy.

It's been pointed out to me many times the debt is not against the club. However the owner borrowed £200m to buy us. He therefore has £200m debt that the club owes him, to both service the debt and to pay it back ultimately.

Whichever way you look at it..he will want that money from us in some way..we aren't his billionaire plaything like Chelsea and it looks like he isn't a Moshri (sp) at Everton who is prepared to pump money in to try and join the elite clubs,netting his money back by inflated revenue.

I am worried about this guy.

Don't get this at all. Maybe it's fair to say that if he's borrowed 200m to buy the club he will need to leverage the club's revenue and assets to pay off his debt, but that doesn't meant he club owes any money. it just means that the controlling shareholder owes money and has the means to extract money from the club e.g. asset stripping.

maybe i've missed something.

Don't get this at all. Maybe it's fair to say that if he's borrowed 200m to buy the club he will need to leverage the club's revenue and assets to pay off his debt, but that doesn't meant he club owes any money. it just means that the controlling shareholder owes money and has the means to extract money from the club e.g. asset stripping.

maybe i've missed something.

The Macquarrie loan facility has assigned (in the first instance) all the Premiership Central Funds for this season and next season to Macquarrie. Now is that for a £1m loan, or £10m loan or £100m etc etc?

In 2015 we finished 7th

In 2016 we finished 6th

So that's 30 months of progress in the time the person I replied to said our decline had been since Cortese left - so from January 2014 - when clearly, patently, no decline.

In 2017 we finished 8th and got to a cup final - yes people can talk about points but sorry it's not a decline. If people genuinely, genuinely thought we would just get better and better and better every season - with the result being us winning the league no later than 2021 - then god help them. 8th, for us, in any season, is good.

2018 we are dreadful, not sure where I have said any different. I want the manager out, Reed has co cked it right up.

But I stand by the point I made which is that decline did not start in January 2014.

You want to talk about our peak - very happy to, delighted to - it all happened since Cortese left in January 2014. We hit a peak, and then smashed through it the following season, and followed up by holding firm under the increased fixture congestion as a result of hitting that peak.

Yeah, now we've been struggling to maintain it but we hit a peak, boy did we hit a peak.

Now we're having a drop. Other clubs would kill to have the peak we've had since January 2014.

But to hit those peaks, to hit those huge peaks we hit after January 2014, I wouldn't want to change a single thing.

Cheers for the reply. Not sure why you went off on an anti-cortese rant as don't think I mentioned him at all? As you mention he has not been here for ages and we got those high finishes without him. So not sure what that point was.

BUT

By that logic that you are bashing him with isn't that quite hypocritical? Under his leadership we progressed every season. And went from league one to the pl in a few years. Isn't that part of the rise? Football wise he didn't get much wrong did he?

Can only imagine what you and the other Reedelites would be saying if Cortese was here now and responsible for the mass player sales and DECLINE of the club in almost all areas. Which again you fail to understand what the word 'decline' actually means.

Right now we are in the relegation zone, we have very poor players, we have an under-performing academy, a really poor manager, some of the most boring football ever seen here, the highest ticket prices we have had, an ice hockey coach as chairman, some of the worst coaching staff we have had (thankfully one of the worst has gone because of a bad back......) and a complete negative atmosphere surrounding the club. None of that has anything to do with Cortese but you keep bashing him mate whilst defending the one person who is responsible who has a tight iron grip on the club. His demanding of eating with the players is really working out! Add to that his questionable behaviour in regards to his family and agents, add to that the rumours of him profiting from player sales and new contracts.

If Reed fails to take action soon and we go down everything that you give him credit for will be for nothing. The man will forever be known as the guy who took a top 6 team from the PL into the Championship in just a couple of seasons. Let's home he pulls his finger out and does something about it before that happens.

The Macquarrie loan facility has assigned (in the first instance) all the Premiership Central Funds for this season and next season to Macquarrie. Now is that for a £1m loan, or £10m loan or £100m etc etc?

the club had a charge of this kind efore gao bought the club. it's not impossible gao has done a glazer, but i've seen no evidence of it. unless he has done a glazer, the club won't be in debt in respect of the transfer of KL's shares.

In 2015 we finished 7th

In 2016 we finished 6th

Great post. It's good to see that the reality is not lost on all. We are a woeful team this season, but to say that we have been in constant decline is just unadulterated rubbish.

Great post. It's good to see that the reality is not lost on all. We are a woeful team this season, but to say that we have been in constant decline is just unadulterated rubbish.

Who has said we have been in constant decline? You guys are adding things that nobody has mentioned....

We had some great seasons recently and they helped us to become a stable mid table club. But as so many have mentioned now and you guys just don't seem to grasp it after koeman was basically forced to go results on previous seasons have fallen. Puel did light years better than MP is doing. But he did worse than Koeman. As they point out on sky we have got around 40 points from our last 44 games. That isn't a blip, not some little bad run. It's results over 2 seasons. There was no constant decline. But the past 2 seasons have been a decline and continue to be so.

What worries me is people think if/after we go down it will somehow stop. A downward curve is extremely difficult to stop. Especially when you still have in charge the people who created it.

Who has said we have been in constant decline? You guys are adding things that nobody has mentioned....

We had some great seasons recently and they helped us to become a stable mid table club. But as so many have mentioned now and you guys just don't seem to grasp it after koeman was basically forced to go results on previous seasons have fallen. Puel did light years better than MP is doing. But he did worse than Koeman. As they point out on sky we have got around 40 points from our last 44 games. That isn't a blip, not some little bad run. It's results over 2 seasons. There was no constant decline. But the past 2 seasons have been a decline and continue to be so.

What worries me is people think if/after we go down it will somehow stop. A downward curve is extremely difficult to stop. Especially when you still have in charge the people who created it.

When you say "nobody has mentioned" you ignore the post I actually replied to in the first place who said we'd been in decline since Cortese left. Which was January 2014.

You then bundled in on it and are still blabbering on now pretending people like me haven't noticed things have have got worse since Koeman left.

Guess what - we fu cking know. Guess what, we've fu cking noticed. No sh it.

Great job on making up your own pi ssy little strawman though.

My advice to you is don't get on the high horse poncing about "things that nobody has mentioned" and "things you don't seem to grasp" when you are making up sh it that no one thinks and then arguing about it.

Try "grasping" that, if you can.

Edited by CB Fry

Simples 043620fc219ea2856c931ad096bd6753.jpg

Great graph but the red line at the bottom needs to go back much further. Cortese was at the club from August 2009 until Jan 2014 and Les Reed joined the club in April 2010. Therefore the point you're trying to make is nonsense.

Great graph but the red line at the bottom needs to go back much further. Cortese was at the club from August 2009 until Jan 2014 and Les Reed joined the club in April 2010. Therefore the point you're trying to make is nonsense.

Les Reed was hired to look after the Youth Academy, Sports medicine and Science, and Kit and Equipment Management...... Why would you give him such credit for the success?

Was only after cortese left that he had any influence.