Les Reed Out protest

Nordic Saint

I'm amazed that people don't recognize how much influence Koeman had on signings during that era. Tadic, Pelle, Mane, VVD signings influenced by Koeman. A few less successful signings to like Cuco and Clasie.

Plus Toby. He specifically said he signed on loan because of Koeman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that he is controlling who we sell and buy.

Reed is part of the triumvirate that decide who comes in within the money allocated. £40m+ spent in the summer and £20m+ in the January time and the only regular starter from that £60m+is a loan player (Ings). The other 2 in the deciding group both report to Reed and are appointed by him. So it is really controlled by Reed.

Gao and Kruger out for me, Les Reed isn't controlling the purse strings, it's not his money.

Krueger is doing his job properly imo. He's focused on expanding the brand, increasing sponsorship etc. and we are seeing gains there. He's not the one responsible for on-field decisions which is where we're failing, and it's only because of Les' utter cowardliness that Ralph is being pushed in front of the fans now instead.

I can not agree with that. Krueger is boss and could remove that incompetent tub of lard with our full support. I am surprised that he has not done so already.

Then he needs to find a man capable of running our player recruitment in a far wiser manner. Maybe find a couple of players that have heart, passion and ability.

I can not agree with that. Krueger is boss and could remove that incompetent tub of lard with our full support. I am surprised that he has not done so already.

Then he needs to find a man capable of running our player recruitment in a far wiser manner. Maybe find a couple of players that have heart, passion and ability.

I dunno if he has that power. They're all on the board director so theoretically it'd be a majority board decision or an owner decision.

Krueger is doing his job properly imo. He's focused on expanding the brand, increasing sponsorship etc. and we are seeing gains there. He's not the one responsible for on-field decisions which is where we're failing, and it's only because of Les' utter cowardliness that Ralph is being pushed in front of the fans now instead.

Where Krueger is falling down, is in not firing Reed after 3+ years of inadequate purchases of players and the mismanagement of player contracts. But Krueger lacks any experience of what a well managed player setup would look like. Hint to Krueger, it is not Saints!

Reed is part of the triumvirate that decide who comes in within the money allocated. £40m+ spent in the summer and £20m+ in the January time and the only regular starter from that £60m+is a loan player (Ings). The other 2 in the deciding group both report to Reed and are appointed by him. So it is really controlled by Reed.

Not so sure. The manager is involved in recruitment has been since Adkins. The way the club claims it works is the committee identifies what the squad need, the black box ( wee Ross) find several player options for each position the club want to recruit, the committee decide which one is best but most importantly the manager has final say.

Now I could certainly imagine MoPe towing the line on recruitment he appeared completely clueless. No way can I see the likes of Koeman or Hughes just sitting back and letting Les tell them who they are signing.

Hughes made it clear at the end of the summer he was involved in the recruitment process and certainly didn't upset about the signings made so he is as much to blame for the new signings as anyone.

https://www.clubcall.com/premier-league/southampton/2018/07/18/saints-recruitment-has-hughes-buzzing/

The biggest thing I've taken from our recent recruitment is we aren't replacing like for like. If you lose a big CF like Pelle get another big CF, if you lose a midfield DM like Victor get another one in the same mould, if you lose your CB captain get another experienced captain type CB. If you lose your pace merchant like Mane get another player with pace. You replacements might not be quite as good as the ones that leave but at least you keep continuity with in the squad.

Maddison goes to Leicester because they sold him a vision of a team with young England players that would get game time. This was our vision once . . . . how many english youngsters in our squad?

https://foxesofleicester.com/2018/08/13/james-maddison-reveals-made-come-leicester-city/

Reed and Wilson have messed up in recruiting poor managers (Pellegrino, Hughes), poor players and missing out on good players whom they could not get over the line (Maddison, Shaquiri, Promes etc). Too many mistakes - both out for me.

Gao is messing up because he is Mr Invisible.

2015/16 63 pts

2016/17 46 pts

2017/18 36 pts

2018/19 28-32 pts ??

Koeman>Puel>Pellegrino>Hughes>

Perhaps I was being a tad overoptimistic. Results under Hughes really are much worse than they were under Pellegrino. With just 1 win and 7 points from 11 games, we are currently on course for only 25 points this season. Les & Ross have decimated our club. Meanwhile, Paul Mitchell's RB Leipzig are 4th in the Bundesliga with only 1 defeat in their first 10 games.

The biggest thing I've taken from our recent recruitment is we aren't replacing like for like. If you lose a big CF like Pelle get another big CF, if you lose a midfield DM like Victor get another one in the same mould, if you lose your CB captain get another experienced captain type CB. If you lose your pace merchant like Mane get another player with pace. You replacements might not be quite as good as the ones that leave but at least you keep continuity with in the squad.

Yes you've posted that elsewhere and it didn't stack up then either. Of course it's subjective but you could argue we have replaced like-for-like but the bottom line is they haven't been of the same quality. For Pelle you have (eventually) Carillo. For Vic we already had Romeu. For Virgil you have Hoedt and Vestergaard. For Mane you had Boufal. Largely similar types of player just cr@p.

Unfortunately those of us that would have been behind a protest have either been priced out of the game, or are far too apathetic from the dross served up each week that match day is now just a case of going through the motions.

St Mary’s is now largely full of ‘customers’ happy to take in the Premier League brand and will disappear once we get relegated.

Perhaps only then with cheaper tickets will the hardcore return, and the young male demographic will bring the St Mary’s atmosphere back from the sterile experience of the present.

Well done to everyone who has been vocal in opposition to Led Reed since Cortese was ousted. Not been an easy journey, but at least he has received some kind of comeuppance.

Who has faith that with Gao and RK we'll manage to turn the ship around however? I do not. Les Reed is just one of many that need replacing!

Well done to everyone who has been vocal in opposition to Led Reed since Cortese was ousted. Not been an easy journey, but at least he has received some kind of comeuppance.

Who has faith that with Gao and RK we'll manage to turn the ship around however? I do not. Les Reed is just one of many that need replacing!

Do you mean credit to those in power at the club for making the right decision as i was down to them or

are you suggesting it should go to a few posters on here....

Do you mean credit to those in power at the club for making the right decision as i was down to them or

are you suggesting it should go to a few posters on here....

You can overlook the role a few of us (ubermensch) have played if it makes you feel better.

You can overlook the role a few of us (ubermensch) have played if it makes you feel better.

I think that you're being delusional if you think that what the fans think or do has any effect on the running of a multi-million pound business.

There were many quite vehement protests during the wilderness years of Branfoot but none had any effect. The thing that did was falling attendances in an era when gate money was more important than it is now.

In particular, an evening game against Ipswich was said to have had an attendance of about 11500. As anyone who was in ground could have seen, it was more like 8500-9000 which was terrible for a first-team fixture. Branfoot left shortly after.

I think that you're being delusional if you think that what the fans think or do has any effect on the running of a multi-million pound business.

There were many quite vehement protests during the wilderness years of Branfoot but none had any effect. The thing that did was falling attendances in an era when gate money was more important than it is now.

In particular, an evening game against Ipswich was said to have had an attendance of about 11500. As anyone who was in ground could have seen, it was more like 8500-9000 which was terrible for a first-team fixture. Branfoot left shortly after.

I know my fate. One day my name will be associated with the memory of something tremendous — a crisis without equal on earth, the most profound collision of conscience, a decision that was conjured up against everything that had been believed, demanded, hallowed so far. I am no man, I am dynamite.

I know my fate. One day my name will be associated with the memory of something tremendous — a crisis without equal on earth, the most profound collision of conscience, a decision that was conjured up against everything that had been believed, demanded, hallowed so far. I am no man, I am dynamite.

Stop being so humble.

Never thought I’d end up reading Nietzsche on this forum.

Well done to all the protesters. People are quick to sneer and belittle the efforts of those people prepared to put the hard yards in. The people grafting at the coal face: manning the telephones, painting the slogans, organising the marches. Someone has to chair those committee meetings. Blood, sweat, toil and tears.

What's brilliant is how the protesters have brought the supporters together. The unbelievable momentum that those efforts have built up will carry on not just for the next six months but for next season and then the season after that too. And then it stops, of course.

Well, anyway, today is your day. Enjoy it, you've earned it.

This piece in the Echo suggests the fans may have actually saved Les's bacon at the end of last season

"Most at the club privately thought Reed would be out of the door in the summer. Many believe that only the upbeat mood of the fans on the final day, when they chanted and sung and cheered in front of Gao Jisheng, persuaded him to back the status quo."

Well done to all the protesters. People are quick to sneer and belittle the efforts of those people prepared to put the hard yards in. The people grafting at the coal face: manning the telephones, painting the slogans, organising the marches. Someone has to chair those committee meetings. Blood, sweat, toil and tears.

What's brilliant is how the protesters have brought the supporters together. The unbelievable momentum that those efforts have built up will carry on not just for the next six months but for next season and then the season after that too. And then it stops, of course.

Well, anyway, today is your day. Enjoy it, you've earned it.

I think I can take lots of credit here, I booed very, very loudly at the end of the Newcastle game, and let me tell you I was planning exactly the same if we don't win on Saturday. I am hardcore when it comes to protest though.

This piece in the Echo suggests the fans may have actually saved Les's bacon at the end of last season

"Most at the club privately thought Reed would be out of the door in the summer. Many believe that only the upbeat mood of the fans on the final day, when they chanted and sung and cheered in front of Gao Jisheng, persuaded him to back the status quo."

Could well believe that. It was one of the last games that I can remember being at where there was a good atmosphere throughout. Fans pretty much chanted and sung throughout the game and what with the updates coming from Stoke and Swansea, the mood was really good in the Stadium. Naturally we cocked it up and let them score with the last kick of the game, but by then it didn't matter. Most of the fans stayed for the the lap of appreciation as well, so everything looked good in that snapshot. But in the bigger picture he should really have gone after that game.