Weekend’s other games

whelk

Is anyone actually not delighted about swansea taking the lead?!

Come on. If we're to stay up it'll be because we start winning games and pull clear of at least 3 sides. We'd have to be way better than swansea. Will be delighted if they beat liverpool, especially if VVD fcks up.

One of the annoying things about being in a relegation fight is you can’t enjoy the normally enjoyable results. Offset by having more of an an interest in so many games ie if they are near us please let them lose.

Come on. If we're to stay up it'll be because we start winning games and pull clear of at least 3 sides. We'd have to be way better than swansea. Will be delighted if they beat liverpool, especially if VVD fcks up.

This is what I was thinking. Given how congested it is, and that everyone from Everton and below are in trouble, it’s guaranteed that teams around us will drop points each week. So as long as we concentrate on our own form, we don’t need to rely on others.

If we are to stay up, we can't just rely on the other rubbish teams losing. Good luck to Swansea, they changed their manager and are now beginning to reap the rewards. Just can't see us ever getting a win against a half decent side

It's too early to worry too much about other results, especially as it is so congested. It's very hard to predict who the final bottom three will be. We have enough games left to get the points that will keep us up.

True, but I'd much rather Swansea get beaten and maintain the gap. They are certainly well organised tonight, not sitting as deep as we often have when under the cosh - and they have some counter attacking threat.

I just think if we're worried about Swansea then we're down. If we're staying uo, it'll be because we start playing to potential and push on to 40 points. Not because we rely on Swansea losing their games.

Liverpool are majorly fcking up. Enjoy it.

Is that the power of negative thinking at work? Simple mathematics means the more clubs don’t take from teams not in relegation fight makes it easier to survive so less likely to have to take something from City on final day. I love this complacency that we can’t worry about other teams.

Swansea still look extremely limited, but organised.

Still think they'll go down. You don't look at them and think they're underperforming and could be higher. They're where you'd expect with a team that limited. But fair play for getting them fighting.

Mawson is their only player I'd want now really.

I think you are underrating them and overrating us.

Shows what a managerial change can do for you. As well as we played on Sunday we've still only won 1 game in 15 in the league. Failure to get four points from Brighton and WBA will be an utter disaster. If we lose against Brighton we are in serious serious trouble.

Shows what a managerial change can do for you. As well as we played on Sunday we've still only won 1 game in 15 in the league. Failure to get four points from Brighton and WBA will be an utter disaster. If we lose against Brighton we are in serious serious trouble.

Oh yeah, if we lose against Brighton we're favourites to go down.

Surely a loss v Brighton would trigger a managerial change for us? Surely...?
he should have been fired weeks ago to be fair. we all know it

Brughton have been poor lately and will no doubt look to defend in numbers, hit us on the break and look to maximise set pieces

everything that Pellegrino can't compute

Saints dismissed him in the summer. Not enough experience, and already employed.

Strangely we go for established and experienced coaches rather than up and coming. He was possibly my preferred choice after Touchel....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

he should have been fired weeks ago to be fair. we all know it

Brughton have been poor lately and will no doubt look to defend in numbers, hit us on the break and look to maximise set pieces

everything that Pellegrino can't compute

Agreed, as well as we played against Spurs I'm not confident we will beat Brighton. We've played well against Arsenal and Man U and then followed it up with dire performances. Fingers crossed that changes, it had better otherwise we are done.

Agreed, as well as we played against Spurs I'm not confident we will beat Brighton. We've played well against Arsenal and Man U and then followed it up with dire performances. Fingers crossed that changes, it had better otherwise we are done.

Brighton is the most winnable game we have left this season. No excuses.

Very enjoyable result. The schadenfreude is strong tonight. Yes, it may further imperil Saints, but we need to get ourselves out of the mire and not look to others.
This. Fair pkay to Swansea

I'm not spending the rest of these fretting about what other teams do, they're not all going to lose every game. Its up to us to stay up under our own steam.

For example, If we don't beat Brighton then we deserve to go down.

Swansea still look extremely limited, but organised.

Still think they'll go down. You don't look at them and think they're underperforming and could be higher. They're where you'd expect with a team that limited. But fair play for getting them fighting.

Mawson is their only player I'd want now really.

They have won more games than us.

form can change though look at Palace and Watford the fact there is only 6 pts between 20th place and 10th means we aren't dead and buried yet

If we are not at least 4 points ahead of the 3rd relegation slot on April 1st we will be. The games after that look ominous.

Worst form in the league.

Genuine question Where does this come from? I know we haven't won in 11 but most form tables aren't created that way..I couldn't tell you how many points Watford got in the same 11 games, as they have only won once in that time I think?

In most form tables (most are over 6 games) we aren't the worst?

Brighton, Huddersfield and Everton to name 3 have worse form over e last 6 games...I think even Burnley have worse form over the last 6..despite us not winning.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1?saison_id=2017&min=15&max=25

Update this site does what ever period you want..last ten games, Brighton and Watford have worse form!

Edited by Saint-Fred

how many more games do we not win and keeping saying form can change?

We may have blown the opportunity of an easier set of games in the first half of the season. One win and a draw in the next two games is essential, to have a chance of avoiding relegation. Overall we have 7 games against relegation rivals, 3 at home , 4 away. Win those home games and draw those aways brings us to 35 points and importantly we surrender few points to rivals. Us 13 Them 4.

Just done a predictor - i had us drawing a few games and losing others and only beating Bournemouth and Brighton - yet we still stayed up, Brighton, Swansea, Huddersfield go down in my predictor, Newcastle and West Ham get drawn into it, and i was a bit too kind to Watford who are in freefall.

I think people forget that victories seriously see us rise up - as our goal difference is superior to many teams around us. I think our ability to pick up draws in tough games might be the key, but i can also see our form picking up and other teams dipping.

Again, the Brighton game and West Brom game will define our season and we need 3 points (a win in either game) to help us. But what i reckon will happen is a draw in both games - which isn't enough.