Weekend’s other games

whelk

I’m not willing to assume Les & Co are capable of engaging in any kind of forward planning or even rational assessment of what’s going on at the moment. If, and it’s a big if, we sack Pell I’d be willing to bet we go into the Brighton game with Kelvin in caretaker charge which is another utterly unthinkable situation. What a mess.

I think the case with Les & Co is that they are like rabbits caught in the glare of headlights.......

Yes and Les is soon going off to give his wisdom to the League Managers Association!

Why don’t you go instead? I’m sure they’ll be impressed with your knowledge of the game. All the experts on here claiming Les is clueless or some sort of ****ing idiot should ask themselves why the LMA invited him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Why don’t you go instead? I’m sure they’ll be impressed with your knowledge of the game. All the experts on here claiming Les is clueless or some sort of ****ing idiot should ask themselves why the LMA invited him.

The Lma obviously want to know how you destroy the work of the guy who had the job before you in less than 4 years !

Judge him on his record.

Les has the shining record of hiring a foreign manager who turns in the worst winning record of any permanent Saints Manager in any division. He was also rated by Charlton supporters as their worst Manager.

Judge him on his record.

Les has the shining record of hiring a foreign manager who turns in the worst winning record of any permanent Saints Manager in any division. He was also rated by Charlton supporters as their worst Manager.

Is that his record, employing Pell and managing Charlton? That’s it?

How can you lecture anyone on judging people on their record, when you haven’t done so.

Puel must be feeling a bit edgy. As things stand Leicester are 8th.
All he needs to do now is get them to a cup final and he'll be on par with his pi ss poor performance of last season.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

He wasn’t at fault for the Stoke goals, but still Huddersfield’s keeper could possess the unique attribute of being worse than Fraser Forster.
I thought he was bad when we played them at SMS, but we just didn't take advantage, never tested him at all.

Even though we haven't played today it feels like we've lost.

Why?

It was impossible for Stoke , Huddersfield, Boscombe & West Ham to all get 0 points today . The only result that could have gone the other way was WBA getting a point, but they’re still below us.

And should have been nowhere near it. Hence the quick sacking of the manager.

Everton and Leicester have by far the best squads outside top 6.

What about our squad? Id say about 10th especially considering we had the world's most expensive defender up until recently.

Claude Puel set for Leicester talks

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=3658&share_tid=58859&share_pid=2546512&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esaintsweb%2Eco%2Euk%2Fshowpost%2Ephp%3Fp%3D2546512&share_type=t

Some clown thought they were nailed on for relegation once Puel was appointed.

No doubt you still think Claude was sacked because of fans....

Weird how little momentum they had from winning the league. I thought momentum lasted, like, for seasons and seasons and seasons.

League 1 > championship > premier league > premier league winners

Looks like there definition of a momentum curve to me.

Trick is stopping the decline path they are now on.

12th is part of the top 10 in the Premier League now? I always thought it only included the top ten teams but right you are.

Interesting that. I was thinking about momentum earlier and how important it is in football. Both during the course of a game and longer term such as a month, a season, several years etc. MP has been slow to react to downward momentum in games this season. On a larger scale, the club have failed to stop the rot since Koeman left.

Interesting that. I was thinking about momentum earlier and how important it is in football. Both during the course of a game and longer term such as a month, a season, several years etc. MP has been slow to react to downward momentum in games this season. On a larger scale, the club have failed to stop the rot since Koeman left.

I posted about the complacency trap when Reed was appointed and the almost immediate loss of Lallana, Lovren, Lambert, Shaw, Chambers and Pochettino confirmed my worries.

The drop was never going to be instant due to the momentum force Cortese built.

043620fc219ea2856c931ad096bd6753.jpg

No doubt you still think Claude was sacked because of fans....

It clearly played a part, only a fool would deny that.

Let’s look at it from another angle. If every supporter agreed with me and the few who thought he did a good job, and therefore got behind him, would he have been sacked?

I must have missed Leicester in the semi-finals...

It's odd that you keep running with this, Puel just schooled forum favourite Silva and Leicester fans think Puel is the dog's ********. You just need to let it go mate, he's gone on to bigger and better things, unfortunately for us.

I posted about the complacency trap when Reed was appointed and the almost immediate loss of Lallana, Lovren, Lambert, Shaw, Chambers and Pochettino confirmed my worries.

Southampton Football Club are the only football club in the world who secured their highest top flight finish in 30 years by being complacent.

Although presumably Burnley are being complacent now and Leicester were complacent from the second Claudio Ranieri walked in the door.

And of course no one on earth uses a bell curve as a performance forecasting tool but if you think we will definitely be back in League One for the start of the 2019-20 season as you have now repeatedly predicted with some authority with your chart then fair play for sticking by your guns.

This truly is wonderful stuff. Personally I think you were on stronger ground when you used to do your routine about how Stoke had always been and always would be a bigger club that was a level above Southampton. After they've failed to finish above us for the multiple seasons since you started saying it you don't mention it so much these days.

You're still right though, right?

Edited by CB Fry

CB fry triggered by the the momentum curve [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Dont shoot the messenger buddy

#WeMarchOn

Okay sweetheart.

Really, I was just reflecting on how Les Reed and Ralph took us from strength to strength to strength since Jan 2014.

It's tricky now sure but no other leadership team has ever got us anywhere near the heights they took us to in the Prem era, so let's hope they can pull it round.

Because you want that too, right?

CB fry triggered by the the momentum curve :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont shoot the messenger buddy

#WeMarchOn

Great graph.

You might want to put a question mark at end of the red line with Reed's name to indicate uncertainty over both his tenure and the trajectory of the curve.

Can see quite you getting a few requests, asking for permission to reproduce the graph. Would make a powerful avatar.

Ha! Haven't replied to you in a few years because obvious troll is obvious but that's pretty amusing. You go to a hell of a lot of effort for this!

Utter eyewash graph but very amusing. Good stuff.

Listen, if you want to know about complacency you need to speak to Dalek. Did you know that for years, no really, years, he has been warn....

Anyway, I'm sure if you want to know more he'll be happy to drone on for a few more years.

Safety first for me - I hate Liverpool more than any other team but the sooner the relegation spots get filled up the better. I'm not going to say I want Liverpool to win tonight, more that I want Swansea to lose. (Nothing against Swansea of course!)

If Swansea do win then what's done is done, then I can laugh about Liverpool's crapness. A draw would be OK too I suppose.