Player Wages in the Championship

spyinthesky

Interested to know if anyone has an informed input into average wages in the Championship.

I am assuming that the current average wage paid out to our (below average performing) 25 man squad is around £50k per week ie £65m per year.

Possibly this figure may be a bit lower as I guess there would be an element of win bonuses included within the estimated figure, so not much pay out there!!!

Assume the average Championship wage is around half of the Prem, so assuming there is a relegation clause in players contracts(by bye to most/all well paid players then) the wage bill, if we go down, will reduce by around £32.5m.

However read an article on Rodway at Sunderland who, apparently, remains on a £70k a week deal although he seems to be permanently sidelined through injury and the fact he is garbage

Many years ago Bristol City plummeted down the Leagues after failing to write in a relegation clause to players contracts and had to suffer severe financial strain as a consequence.

Lets hope our contract negotiators are much more aware.

Lets hope!!!!!!!!!

Interested to know if anyone has an informed input into average wages in the Championship.

I am assuming that the current average wage paid out to our (below average performing) 25 man squad is around £50k per week ie £65m per year.

Possibly this figure may be a bit lower as I guess there would be an element of win bonuses included within the estimated figure, so not much pay out there!!!

Assume the average Championship wage is around half of the Prem, so assuming there is a relegation clause in players contracts(by bye to most/all well paid players then) the wage bill, if we go down, will reduce by around £32.5m.

However read an article on Rodway at Sunderland who, apparently, remains on a £70k a week deal although he seems to be permanently sidelined through injury and the fact he is garbage

Many years ago Bristol City plummeted down the Leagues after failing to write in a relegation clause to players contracts and had to suffer severe financial strain as a consequence.

Lets hope our contract negotiators are much more aware.

Lets hope!!!!!!!!!

Given that most of our current players current contracts were signed when we were consistently finishing top 8, I would hope their agents would have agreed to relegation pay cut clauses because they probably thought relegation wasn’t at all likely anyway.

Let’s hope Les was sensible enough to insist on relegation clauses for everyone. My hunch is he will have been given his mantra about sustainability etc.

The financial situation is different these days. The relegation parachute money is much more than it was even two seasons ago and is now for four years. We also have VVD money.

A squad clear out will also raise funds and I hope the board will resign and save us money.