Breaking News....Officially in a relegation battle

davefoggy

Tonight we are in the bottom 3.

To all those so called 'happy clappers' and 'Pellegrino in' people, this is what we have been talking about for weeks. Now do you believe us????

Needs a serious protest tomorrow.

May I just remind everyone, we are currently on worst run of form in ALL of English football, and yet only 3 short years ago we were sitting 3rd in the Premier League table. Progress??

Manager needs to go NOW

To all those so called 'happy clappers' and 'Pellegrino in' people, this is what we have been talking about for weeks. Now do you believe us????

May I just remind everyone, we are currently on worst run of form in ALL of English football, and yet only 3 short years ago we were sitting 3rd in the Premier League table. Progress??

Manager needs to go NOW

The dangerous trend of complacency and arrogance started some years ago...it wasn't obvious but then 'gradual declines' are often missed in the early stages.

Manager needs to go NOW

You do realise it is possible to comprehend we have been sh*t without also wanting to sack the manager?

Understand a significant majority want to see the back of the manager but just because it is the popular opinion does not mean is the only valid one.

If people were saying nah we are playing great and can't possibly be relegated by all accounts call it out but I don't see people doing that, think largely we all see similar issues just have different ideas on how to solve them.

You do realise it is possible to comprehend we have been sh*t without also wanting to sack the manager?

Understand a significant majority want to see the back of the manager but just because it is the popular opinion does not mean is the only valid one.

If people were saying nah we are playing great and can't possibly be relegated by all accounts call it out but I don't see people doing that, think largely we all see similar issues just have different ideas on how to solve them.

This squad should not be in the bottom 3. End of. If it’s not the manager then who / what do think is the problem.

Let's be honest, almost every single fan wants the manager sacked. People not calling for his head at this point would amount to a literal handful and quite frankly are deluded. Getting a new manager in at this stage may make no difference at all but we simply have to try something.

Manager needs to go , how did the club sell a player for £75m before the window and not have cast iron deals ready to go , missed 3 weeks bedding in time , 4 wins is appalling , right now I'd even take Dave Merrington along with Super KD , just sacking him would lift the mood surely , fans arriving at games with little hope of seeing a winning performance , I remember the bounce in my step when Branfoot went and I reckon it'd be the same bounce

This squad should not be in the bottom 3. End of. If it’s not the manager then who / what do think is the problem.

MP is poor, but he alone is not the problem. Who chose the manager? Who made the decision not to strengthen in key positions over the last two to three summers. Why did we not replace the like of Mane and Pelle. What was the strategy concerning VVD? Yes Kat sold well but was it any good for the club? Who checked out the new owner and commitment to the club?

One thing that began years ago was our ponderous lacklustre summer recruitment seasons. The wheels of club becoming stuck in thick treacle before coming off one by one.

Saw this coming years ago.

What a crock of ****.

We were rubbish then and should have been fighting relegation. We embraced it and liked punching above our weight by beating good sides now and then. This is a far bigger club now.

That's before we get to it being an embarrassing cliche to moan about younger generations than you.

Oop, you've grown a pair of balls. Well Done! Have a lollipop!

Manager needs to go , how did the club sell a player for £75m before the window and not have cast iron deals ready to go , missed 3 weeks bedding in time , 4 wins is appalling , right now I'd even take Dave Merrington along with Super KD , just sacking him would lift the mood surely , fans arriving at games with little hope of seeing a winning performance , I remember the bounce in my step when Branfoot went and I reckon it'd be the same bounce

this, sleepwalking into The Championship.

Us that lived through the nineties look at that first post with disdain. This was everyday stuff for us. Generation Snowflake,

Don’t remember too many times in the 90s where we got dragged in with a squad that was clearly better than 18th place. Fact is, we have gone from sixth and European football to a relegation battle inside 2 years, we’ve got a mid table side that can’t buy a win and a board that refuses to sack an incompetent manager.

I was there through the 90s and Saints have been pretty rubbish for the majority of my life supporting them but this year is clearly different to what went before. We’ve been let down and mismanaged by a complacent board and an incredibly bad manager so it’s unsurprising people are angry about it. Nothing “snowflaky” about venting your frustration at people not doing their jobs properly and being so hesitant to actually act to change it.

What a crock of ****.

We were rubbish then and should have been fighting relegation. We embraced it and liked punching above our weight by beating good sides now and then. This is a far bigger club now.

That's before we get to it being an embarrassing cliche to moan about younger generations than you.

True, we had real spirit and were all UNITED in a genuine struggle. There was non of the arrogance and complacency we see now. The Board especially having been walking around with their rose coloured gleasses, noses up in the air!

Sitting down to watch Saints these days is like sitting in Sweeney Todd's Barber's chair and hoping against previous evidence for a nice spiffy haircut. This is the first relegation battle I ever remember there was no good reason to be in it.

Edited by Ohio Saint

Let's be honest, almost every single fan wants the manager sacked. People not calling for his head at this point would amount to a literal handful and quite frankly are deluded. Getting a new manager in at this stage may make no difference at all but we simply have to try something.

A majority, sure. 'Almost every single' seems rather like hyperbole in my opinion.

Quite clear you disagree but I don't think it is deluded not to see sacking the manager as the solution. We have been on the decline since this time last year for my money, I think problems run through the club, putting it all on the current manager just doesn't sit right with me.

If honest he would never have been my choice, I often question his game management and don't feel particularly inspired by him but he has only managed in a new league for six months. He may turn it around, he may not. Do we know for a fact anybody else we could attract would do a better job? Certainly not.

I agree with your sentiment we need to try something but I would suggest that could be done with players.

What a crock of ****.

The bigger sides are far better now too, for the sake of comparison

Sitting down to watch Saints these days is like sitting in Sweeney Todd's Barber's chair and hoping for a nice haircut. This is the first relegation battle I ever remember there was no good reason to be in it.

Yep.

We should be nowhere near the bottom three with this squad. Yes, it needs improving in places, but the team is MASSIVELY underperfoming.

The bigger sides are far better now too, for the sake of comparison

The manager is responsible for the results whether it is fair or not.

He should have been sacked in November when the writing was on the wall .

A win ratio of 17% would get any manager the sack .

Les is an idiot if he thinks the fans will put up with this any longer

I am all ears?

We've only won 4 matches all season, everyone above us has won at least 5. It pains me to say it but based on our results we're in the position we deserve to be in. :(

Yep! The table does not lie. What a waste of the last 5 years this has been. We've been sold down the Swanee good and proper. It was the same mistake Thatcher made when she assumed rich people would be benefactors to society as a whole. As she found out the hard way and as we have now found out rich people are just greedy opportunistic Bs who are just in it for their own gain and have no interest in the rest of us.

The money's gone, the assets are gone and of course the 'great benefactor' has gone, surprise, surprise.

Bottom 3 and that's where we'll stay until the end of the season. You've only got to look at our form (the worst in all 4 divisions), the attitude of some of our players and our clueless manager to see that we've not got a cat in hells chance of getting out of this mess. Tomorrow will just be another embarrassing display.

Manager needs to go NOW

Officially? We've been in a relegation fight since we beat Everton. Downward spiral since

Yep! The table does not lie. What a waste of the last 5 years this has been. We've been sold down the Swanee good and proper. It was the same mistake Thatcher made when she assumed rich people would be benefactors to society as a whole. As she found out the hard way and as we have now found out rich people are just greedy opportunistic Bs who are just in it for their own gain and have no interest in the rest of us.

The money's gone, the assets are gone and of course the 'great benefactor' has gone, surprise, surprise.

Thank god some people are managing to keep things in perspective..like this bloke. Saints are third bottom with over a third of the season to go and quite rightly the first thing that springs to mind is Margaret Thatcher. The miners strike. Recession. The Falklands. It when we start getting hysterical i'll begin to worry.

Yes, and those who saw the asset stripping 3 years ago were ridiculed on this site. As you rightly say, the last 5 years have been a complete waste. What did Les say? "We're building a squad capable of regular European football". How? By selling every player that's capable of delivering European football? Why build a team when you can just sell your prize assets and pocket the proceeds? We're failing to compete in the transfer market by refusing to compete with our closest rivals. I understand that it's a business and it has to be run carefully, but it's embarrassing the number of times we've supposedly had players (and a manager) on the brink of joining us, only to see them go elsewhere at the last minute for a far superior deal. We're not even at the races. Still, when you've got someone whose intention is that take the money and run, you don't really stand a chance.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see history repeating itself. We'll be relegated. We'll struggle in the Championship after losing at least 80% of our current squad and within 3 seasons we'll be in administration again.

Yes, and those who saw the asset stripping 3 years ago were ridiculed on this site. As you rightly say, the last 5 years have been a complete waste. What did Les say? "We're building a squad capable of regular European football". How? By selling every player that's capable of delivering European football?

"We're building a squad capable of regular European football". Yes for other teams.

Officially? We've been in a relegation fight since we beat Everton. Downward spiral since

That Everton win was the worst thing that could have happened. Had we drawn or lost that game he'd be gone by now. We should have replaced him months ago. A new manager would have introduced a change in tactics and given the players a much needed kick up the arse. It's too late now. Unless Reed has got someone up his sleeve lined up to start on Monday, I think we're properly ****ed.

So many **** teams in this league - Huddersfield, Swansea, West Brom, Stoke, Brighton all utter dogsh!t. Watford on almost as bad a run of form as us, Everton falling away again, Wham and Palarselol and Bournemouth improved but still not all that. We are still right in amongst these teams despite how **** we've been (in the relegation zone but still only 5 points off top half FFS). We can get out of this, quite easily I would say, but not with this clown in charge of us. It won't take a managerial genius to get us out of this. Please, please, please sack him.

Not fashionable to say but maybe the players might shoulder some of the blame for being a bit ****e to. As much as I don't rate MoPe I'm pretty sure he never instructed Forster to keep letting in shots he should save, or defenders to switch off at vital moment, Midfielders to give balls away in dangerous places around our box or for strikers to try and hit the corner flag when through on goal.

Mope is still ****e as well but our highly paid professional footballers are hardly covering themselves in glory either.

Not fashionable to say but maybe the players might shoulder some of the blame for being a bit ****e to. As much as I don't rate MoPe I'm pretty sure he never instructed Forster to keep letting in shots he should save, or defenders to switch off at vital moment, Midfielders to give balls away in dangerous places around our box or for strikers to try and hit the corner flag when through on goal.

Mope is still ****e as well but our highly paid professional footballers are hardly covering themselves in glory either.

Quite. Even our senior pros, maybe Steven Davis should take some time off criticising his own fans for being “unhelpful” and concentrate on not pirouetting on the edge of our box to concede a goal.

If I had to point the finger it would be at Tadic, Redmond & Boufal. Their inconsistent performances and dog **** attitudes are embarrassing.

We have been sleepwalking for at least the last two years as other posted have said. Some of us have been ringing alarm bells for years !!!
Do you think we should have seen this coming?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Agree, but we can't sack all the players.

Indeed there are multiple elements to our current form. Not quite the perfect storm of negative components but it’s fair to say there are plenty of things not right with MoPe being just one of them. But ultimately the performance of the team comes down to him. Yes the players have been poor and many of them consistently poor yet still get picked. Forster and Redmond being prime examples. There are many culpable people at SFC who share an element of blame but I maintain that this squad is better than the bottom three and therefore the manager is the issue in that respect.

Us that lived through the nineties look at that first post with disdain. This was everyday stuff for us. Generation Snowflake,

Not me. Went to nearly every home game from 94, and we always felt like we had a good shout of staying up. This just feels like Wigley and the relegation season I’m sorry to say.

Down with the clown

We're going down with the clown

Down with the clown

We're going down with the clown

I'm not sure the squad of players is a good as some of our fans make out, but with a better manager we wouldn't be in the bottom 3 with the fixtures we have played.