Quincy Promes

CB Fry

Before the rumour about Saints being interested in Promes came out, he gave an exclusive interview to a journalist called Artem Kalinin from 8news.

"I read rumors that I did not like Spartacus, so I began to practice badly. True, this was written. But I'm happy here. I have a contract until 2021.

Rumors, "Liverpool", such and such a club wants me ... It's fine that they want, but I'm now in "Spartacus." And nothing more to say. I do not know what the future will bring, but I think I have red and white colors, "

https://8news.ru/news/football/2018-01-25-kvinsi_promes_ya_schastliv_v_spartake_dumayu_mne_idut_krasno-belyye_tsveta

Personally not convinced we will be able to get Promes. From his perspective surely you would just wait until the summer and assess your options rather than making a big move to a side that could be relegated.

He is represented by SEG who also have Hoedt on their books, so that may help slightly.

This will be a saga over the next few days IMO but sounds like we have a backup, so it may well be that player that we end up with. If it were Gaitan then he doesn't give us the pace we need.

Personally not convinced we will be able to get Promes. From his perspective surely you would just wait until the summer and assess your options rather than making a big move to a side that could be relegated.

He is represented by SEG who also have Hoedt on their books, so that may help slightly.

This will be a saga over the next few days IMO but sounds like we have a backup, so it may well be that player that we end up with. If it were Gaitan then he doesn't give us the pace we need.

Can I join the tenuous link brigade?

DUZJo88WkAAJwi2.jpg

If that were the case we wouldn't be in talks. He's clearly open to a move.

Former MLB pitcher with the reds and twins matt_maloney22 has chosen Saints as his premier league team.

I’ve gotten into watching soccer and the premier league of late. Been having troubling picking a team, but finally decided on @SouthamptonFC! #SaintsFC

Jump on Twitter amd welcome him to the family, says it was the fans on Tv that did it.

Former MLB pitcher with the reds and twins matt_maloney22 has chosen Saints as his premier league team.

I’ve gotten into watching soccer and the premier league of late. Been having troubling picking a team, but finally decided on @SouthamptonFC! #SaintsFC

Jump on Twitter amd welcome him to the family, says it was the fans on Tv that did it.

Fair play to him, but twitter can FRO. :D :D

Ossian Shine ����‏Verified account @ossianshine 40m40 minutes ago

Russian media is reporting #SaintsFC will not pay full price for Quincy Promes, and that Spartak will not come down from 35m Euros... also say "the Dutchman himself does not want to go to one of the worst clubs in the Premier League" ...

If thats genuine then thats pretty funny.

Russian media is reporting #SaintsFC will not pay full price for Quincy Promes, and that Spartak will not come down from 35m Euros... also say "the Dutchman himself does not want to go to one of the worst clubs in the Premier League" ...

Sounds about right all round to be honest.

Comedy gold! So, according to this, we don't want to pay what they're asking & he thinks we're too sh1t anyway. Plan B time? Reminds me of Zlatan's comments in his autobiography.

Ossian Shine ‏Verified account @ossianshine 40m40 minutes ago

I mean, yeah, that feels about right.

It's only about a year ago that we'd have been s******ing about a tweet like that levelled at other teams in the Prem. Now it's us. Nice

Peak Saints scouting :)

Ossian Shine ‏Verified account @ossianshine 40m40 minutes ago

I thought he had a release clause?

I doubt we’d be putting in significant resource to try and get him if he wasn’t at least open to coming here. I refuse to believe our board are that stupid. But yeah, let’s believe some Twitter source reporting some Russian media report. Let’s see what happens before next Wednesday. We will get one more in I reckon.

This from article, from last season, says he does have a release clause so the idea we won't pay what Spartak wants seems wrong to me all we have to do is meet the clause surely?

And interestingly, his Russian club confirmed this week the player has a release clause in his contract – thought to be around £20m – with Spartak general director Sergey Rodionov revealing: “We will try to keep him, but yes, he has a release clause. How much, I do not tell.”

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/248012-liverpool-step-up-quincy-promes-interest

Absolute classic and spot on. Club is a shambles just now

:lol: :lol:

http://www.sport-express.ru/football/transfers/news/sautgempton-ne-hochet-platit-za-promesa-30-millionov-evro-1363670/

"According to our data, the parties will not find a common language. The fact is that the British proposal is significantly less than 30 million euros - that's what the 26-year-old Dutchman signed with the Muscovites as a compensation for Europe (His release clause basically). For less money, "Spartacus" striker will not sell, and to increase the amount of "Southampton" has not yet intended. (Vyacheslav KOROTKIN)"

Edited by GGalpin

Got to laugh at the 'one of the worst clubs in the premiser league' quote, I imagine there's some translation issues there and rather than being so insulting he probably said/meant that he doesn't want to join a club at the bottom of the league.

That said this is where we need a chairman capable of selling the club to him, like him or loathe him that's what Cortese did, I don't know how well Les does this, but I do wonder if he just speaks to the agent and basically gives a take it or leave it message to the player. Would also be helpful having a manager with some kudos who could possibly get involved with persuading the player.

Absolute classic and spot on. Club is a shambles just now

:lol: :lol:

January is a very difficult window because it’s a panic window, and players who are available in January are available for a reason.

Unless you are going to break all kinds of transfer records, or you’re the type of club that has the finances to do that, whatever you do you are going to pay over the top and probably for a player you would rather not have because the guy you want is not going to be available.

Shoe's on the other foot, Les.

:lol:

Got to laugh at the 'one of the worst clubs in the premiser league' quote, I imagine there's some translation issues there and rather than being so insulting he probably said/meant that he doesn't want to join a club at the bottom of the league.

That said this is where we need a chairman capable of selling the club to him, like him or loathe him that's what Cortese did, I don't know how well Les does this, but I do wonder if he just speaks to the agent and basically gives a take it or leave it message to the player. Would also be helpful having a manager with some kudos who could possibly get involved with persuading the player.

It's rubbish , we are THE worst team in the premier league atm!

We are 18th, which currently makes us one of the worst sides in the Premier League. People will add if and buts, doesn't change the fact that is our current situation.

Just give him an acceptable relegation release clause and sell him on the fact if he does well he might get to play for Liverpool in two years. If his wages are going up, it's not that much of a risk for him.

He either does well, we stay up and he's at a club that (hopefully) just had a blip season and is (hopefully) back to challenging around the top 8 again, he gets a pay raise whatever

OR we go down and he'll move to another team in the summer. Like others have said, I'm not sure there would be movement if he had completely ruled out the move.

Edited by tajjuk

Seriously guys, you are getting worked up because of a random tweet from a Russian journo. I would expect that we would try to negotiate down from any release clause - that is how these things work. This one will rumble on until the last day or so (where I expect he will end up joining anyway). I also believe we are looking at other options, just in case - however they won't be his quality and likely to be on loan).

Shoe's on the other foot, Les.

:lol:

Everything we do is planned. We planned for this window, we knew what we were doing and we had a list of targets in place for each position. We were tracking Gudio for literally weeks, the fact our current manager used to manage him is pure coincidence.

If anyone thinks the club (or any club) would go into advanced negotiations with another club for a player, only to find said player thinks they are too sh1t anyway should have their head assessed. If we are talking to them, the player is interested. That doesn’t mean we will get him, just that it’s possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk