Quincy Promes

CB Fry

We are offering £1k more a week than Jack Stephens is on :lol:

Pretty sure it is after tax so we are offering around 90k/week. Transfer fee is the easy part, if that was the only obstacle he would already be here. Hard part is convincing him to join a club in the relegation zone and matching his current salary which is much higher than anyone else in the squad. If we pay it we might get some unhappy players feeling like they deserve a pay rise.*

*:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Just pay the guy what he wants Les.

Even the headline doesn't sound confident: "Southampton TRY to sign Quincy Promes and Guido Carrillo"

If there’s a way to find a negative connotation, someone here will find it. What would your favoured verb have been?

Pretty sure it is after tax so we are offering around 90k/week. Transfer fee is the easy part, if that was the only obstacle he would already be here. Hard part is convincing him to join a club in the relegation zone and matching his current salary which is much higher than anyone else in the squad. If we pay it we might get some unhappy players feeling like they deserve a pay rise.*

*[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Just pay the guy what he wants Les.

We won't just pay. We've got a rigid £100k ceiling, which is why Theo didn't come.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You would hope we have been given a bit of encouragement by his agent, otherwise its a massive waste of time at a crucial point of the window and very naïve.

For the player it makes more sense to wait until the summer and assess his options.

But if he wants to join Saints and has a release clause then it would be very possible. The key part is if he wants do, which should be easy to find out.

Hope Les the Postie doesn't get his hand bitten through the letterbox by the Spartak bulldog.

*:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Just pay the guy what he wants Les.

Problem we also have is the tax in Russia; They pay a flat rate of 13%; as the figures are likely to be his net pay, he'd be on roughly £75k a week.

For him to take home the same amount, Saints would have to pay him around £116k (based on some basic maths and without bonuses etc).

It's possible we can pay that, given VVD has freed up a fair bit of wages in the budget, but that's presuming a move to England to play for a team fighting relegation is attractive enough without a payrise; saying that, surely we wouldn't be trying to negotiate with his club if they hadn't been given some sort of indication he'd be interested in coming.

Edited by GGalpin

Very doubtful on this, I'd reckon he'd want to wait on a different club and get higher wages.

I mean I can understand that probably England is a nicer Prospect than Russia, plus the better league and I'd suspect he gets a few nasty chants directed at him based on what we have heard about the Russian league.

But still, pay cut and joining a relegation team when he might get a go at Liverpool or Arsenal, seems unlikely to me.

Heh, exactly what you do with a £30m asset you're on the verge of cashing in.

Why does everybody keep saying £30 million. His release clause is €30 million, so just over £26 million. Also the wages he's supposedly after don't match our top earners so I can't see that being a problem. £20 million plus on a transfer fee seems unlikely from us though. Everton will probably sign him on deadline day just to be *****.

Why does everybody keep saying £30 million. His release clause is €30 million, so just over £26 million. Also the wages he's supposedly after don't match our top earners so I can't see that being a problem. £20 million plus on a transfer fee seems unlikely from us though. Everton will probably sign him on deadline day just to be *****.

I only saw the release clause mentioned today by the Mail or similar, and it didn't seem particularly authoritative?

We won't just pay. We've got a rigid £100k ceiling, which is why Theo didn't come.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think you will find it was something to do with being in the bottom three actually...

Not so sure it wasn’t a good thing though at the end of the day.... Maybe we can do better....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lazar-markovic-could-finally-leave-14197270.amp

Spartak are after Liverpool winger Lazar Markovic. Could this be the catalyst for Promes to then head elsewhere? Maybe even us? You can imagine the hilarious Scouse banter now, if signing Markovic allows Promes to come to SMS...

I think you will find it was something to do with being in the bottom three actually...

Not so sure it wasn’t a good thing though at the end of the day.... Maybe we can do better....

So nothing to do with him getting approx. £40k a week more at Everton then. Ok.

Eveyones haggling over fees at the moment and most of the deals will get done within the last 3/4 days of the window. Always happens always will.

Yep - what people need to understand is that selling clubs will often only sell if they can get a replacement in (I assume we were keen to get rid of VvD due to the atmosphere he was bringing to the club).

Transfers generally take time (that's not excusing the club as they should have done this in the months leading up to the window), but with a week to go, I imagine we are in discussions with a few clubs.

My mate seems to think a bid is definitely in for approx £30m + £5m add ons but players agent is still hawking him out. I assume they hope to smoke out a more glamorous/better paid move.

Always the way. We are like the plain girl a bloke goes home with when he can't pull her good looking friend..

My mate seems to think a bid is definitely in for approx £30m + £5m add ons but players agent is still hawking him out. I assume they hope to smoke out a more glamorous/better paid move.

There has to be some deadline or some offer of payment if player accepts within a week.