Quincy Promes

CB Fry

True but do you seriously think having gone through all this negotiations that we would`nt if we could afford too.

Please give a honest opinion not based on your opinion of Les Reed

My honest opinion is that we can afford it upfront. If we couldn’t, the owners should be lending the cash as we are right in the ****.

You mean Swansea quickly moved to an alternative plan once it becane clear they weren't getting the player they wanted on the last day? What a novel idea!

But Spartak don't want to sell, that's the point. They'd have to if we had the readies to give them but it seems that we don't so they don't.

It is so so easy to find 35 million or so of someone else's money.

It’ll be even easier when we haven’t got the PL TV money coming in.

We have c.£55m of VvD’s (plus salary) 100% coming back into the club. God knows what has happened to the £100m that come in from the TV deal?

Edited by SKD

I'm amazed that most people on this board aren't multi-millionaire football agents, what with their insight into how transfers work.

Arh so you've never spoke about a topic without having an in-depth knowledge in the subject then? You’re either a mute or know everything about everything to give your opinion or hypothesis then I’m presuming?

Edited by Wrensup

You mean Swansea quickly moved to an alternative plan once it becane clear they weren't getting the player they wanted on the last day? What a novel idea!

or they always wanted Ayew and Schurle was just paper talk...

# Clutching at straws analysis klaxon #

Maybe, just maybe, this transfer falling through will galvanise our existing players to up their game to prove that we have a decent squad after all and don't need the likes of Promes to keep us up.

Maybe...

It’ll be even easier when we haven’t got the PL TV money coming in.

We have c.£55m of VvD’s (plus salary) 100% coming back into the club. God knows what has happened to the £100m that come in from the TV deal?

£100m goes on wages. Actually our wages are more than £100m these days.

As for the VVD transfer, it was £70m plus add ons, minus Celtics cut, minus the Carillo fee, not to mention that that money comes in instalments, so we possibly don't have £43m or thereabouts sitting in the bank account.

VVD's wage may have gone straight to Carillo. Record transfers tend to get paid pretty well in relation to team mates.

As for the VVD transfer, it was £70m plus add ons, minus Celtics cut, minus the Carillo fee, not to mention that that money comes in instalments, so we possibly don't have £43m or thereabouts sitting in the bank account.

VVD's wage may have gone straight to Carillo. Record transfers tend to get paid pretty well in relation to team mates.

But then you have to ask where is the money? Are we really in a position where we can now only buy after we sell? I'd have hoped that the VVD fee (although obviously not the total headline figure) would go towards an existing pot, but maybe not..

# Clutching at straws analysis klaxon #

Maybe, just maybe, this transfer falling through will galvanise our existing players to up their game to prove that we have a decent squad after all and don't need the likes of Promes to keep us up.

Maybe...

Or they don't need to up their game as position not under threat.

Why did we agree to the VvD transfer before securing our much needed targets? We’ve told the world we’ve got x amount of cash, is it any surprise clubs are asking for money up front or upping fee.

We desperately needed pace and goals. As of this moment, The board have failed the fans again. Just like last Jan.

But then you have to ask where is the money? Are we really in a position where we can now only buy after we sell? I'd have hoped that the VVD fee (although obviously not the total headline figure) would go towards an existing pot, but maybe not..

Yep, exactly.

Also, If Kat / GAO has a genuine best interest in the club, could / should they not front the money and recoup from VvD money that’s incoming?

We do not have any Money

Katherina got her wedge back from Gao

Gao is not a billionaire, he just owns a couple of Chinese Takeaways ....................... and Saints

Back to pre Marcus days regrettably

What money is it that people keep talking about ? We keep buying players with every penny that we get in. How much did we spend in the summer, about 40 or so million wasn't it? Sold JRod for 12 so where did that money come from ?

Or they don't need to up their game as position not under threat.

You can't believe there is seriously a player in the squad who currently thinks they're a certain starter - except maybe Bertrand & Cedric when fit.

You can't believe there is seriously a player in the squad who currently thinks they're a certain starter - except maybe Bertrand & Cedric when fit.

MoPe was interviewed by Blackmore before the Watford game and MoPe said (paraphrasing) that Bertrand, Cedric and Romeu were nailed on starters if fit. Not often you hear a manager say that.

MoPe was interviewed by Blackmore before the Watford game and MoPe said (paraphrasing) that Bertrand, Cedric and Romeu were nailed on starters if fit. Not often you hear a manager say that.

Don't forget Long. He must be blowing someone at the club to keep getting games.

So its Les` fault then?

But its not is it, it`s spartak calling the shots but blame the club anyway....

I hope the club haters clear off elsewhere...

Surely Les would have other targets lined up just in case. At least thats what he would do if he had a clue.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Surely Les would have other targets lined up just in case. At least thats what he would do if he had a clue.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

This was all a clear smoke screen. Never any intention to land him. Just to appear we were trying. Hence no back up and to spin out the clock. A common tactic of Les, first leak to Jeremy Wilson.....

This was all a clear smoke screen. Never any intention to land him. Just to appear we were trying. Hence no back up and to spin out the clock. A common tactic of Les, first leak to Jeremy Wilson.....

We could have picked up Pione Sisto for less then 5 million in the summer of 2016,both similar players. His name was mentioned on here several times before he went to Spain.

We could have picked up Pione Sisto for less then 5 million in the summer of 2016,both similar players. His name was mentioned on here several times before he went to Spain.

Could still get him now for a fairly reasonable price - If we stay up, I'd love for us to have both. Would offer genuine quality on either wing and with a fit Austin up top we would have no trouble scoring goals.

• 2 months later...
£36m **** me!!! Thought he was pretty good when I saw him in Denmark, but didn't think he'd cost that much.

Is he still pretty raw?

Just seen it's for £18m...probably fairer.

Considering we paid £20m for GC, £36m is a steal. Great player, perfect replacement for Mane and one we should have signed 2 years ago.

Not Promes this time, but not worth creating a new thread for:

Just to tease me.

£36m **** me!!! Thought he was pretty good when I saw him in Denmark, but didn't think he'd cost that much.

Is he still pretty raw?

Just seen it's for £18m...probably fairer.

Considering we paid £20m for GC, £36m is a steal. Great player, perfect replacement for Mane and one we should have signed 2 years ago.

It is a rule every player in Spain has to have a release clause fee in their contract. Just because Sisto's is £36m it doesn't mean you couldn't sign him for less than that.

It is a rule every player in Spain has to have a release clause fee in their contract. Just because Sisto's is £36m it doesn't mean you couldn't sign him for less than that.

No one said you couldn’t, in fact Saint Garrett pointed out that they’d accept £18m.

Didn’t he play against us a few years ago in Europe?

yeah played for Midgetland when they knocked us out- remember him causing a few problems too.

should have bought him for £4m when he had chance. oh well- every club could say something like that.

plus it has come from the sun so am taking it all with a massive pinch of salt. we aren't even out of the bottom 3 yet to be thinking of transfers.

• 2 weeks later...