Quincy Promes

CB Fry

Because that's the way they work. A player literally buys his freedom, there is no never, never on release clauses. A club who which wants to sell may negaociate another sort of deal but if it's a straightforward release clause someone pays and the player is a free agent.

I think you’ve described a buy out clause which is different. Unless someone can demonstrate otherwise then I am assuming a release clause may be whatever is written in the contract and nobody knows what that is. If it’s a simple case of paying a set sum, say 30m in this case, and the selling club doesn’t want to sell, then Saints offering less than the trigger sum is pointless and of course they wouldn’t waste their time doing that.

Do you honestly believe that people at the club are putting all this time into a transfer with no intention of seeing it through. So many hilarious conspiracy theories on here.

Perhaps Liar Les isn’t putting “all this time” into it at all. Perhaps he is just too arrogant when it comes to negotiating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartak have a game tomorrow apparently in Marbella so if he plays in that then there is zero chance.

If we are to get him then there needs to be developments by tomorrow morning at the latest I would have thought.

"We pushed until the end but the market is difficult."

Would love to see Tadic-Boufal-Promes line up behind a striker in a home game, rather than the cowardly approach we've gone for. Doubt it'd happen though.
Have we not started with Tadic-Boufal-Redmond in the same line up before?

(No, I'm not for one moment suggesting Redmond is as good as Promes, just highlighting that it may not be unprecedented us starting with 3 attacking midfielders?)

Have we not started with Tadic-Boufal-Redmond in the same line up before?

(No, I'm not for one moment suggesting Redmond is as good as Promes, just highlighting that it may not be unprecedented us starting with 3 attacking midfielders?)

Yes, a couple of times and it failed miserably.

Whereas Tadic JWP Boufal looks much better. Think I can spot the weak link.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

If ever a team, club and fanbase needed a boost it is now.

Working on this deal for least 3 weeks so if it doesn't get done then its tin hat time for Reed as this would have been a very, very poor window.

Over to you, Les...

8554fadaf45690c43b607b964e1f61a4.jpg