Quincy Promes

CB Fry

Anyone care for a 'Time of Promes' unveiling' sweepstake?

I'm going for 9am tomorrow..... ;)

You lose.

7.15pm pre-kickoff surprise.

The added benefit of such a timing is the knuckle-draggers on here will be foaming at the mouth - whilst busily adding the final touches to their Les Reed effigies with one hand, researching the cost of Megabus tickets to Sheffield for next season with another and probably stroking one out with the other.

At least Saints have offered the correct fee - but to late for Moscow to find a replacement. FFS why wait until the last day to get this sorted then - Ahhhhhhhhhh

No idea why this is a sticking point given he’s got a release clause. If we want him, surely we just meet that. £5m additional is cheap compared to the price of relegation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At least Saints have offered the correct fee - but to late for Moscow to find a replacement. FFS why wait until the last day to get this sorted then - Ahhhhhhhhhh

Maybe because the Russian transfer window runs from 23rd January to 22nd February.

To be fair, Spartak have got more time as their window closes in Feb. So I don't buy that reasoning Sky have put out.

But doesn't that also depend on the deadline day for the country that any incoming signing comes from? I mean, they can't buy a player from the PL in Feb as our window has shut by then.

If the player has a release clause and the club have really offered the "correct fee" which I would take to mean the release clause, then surely Spartan not finding a replacement would be irrelevant.
Suspect we have not met the release clause conditions but have offered a fee that Spartak find acceptable. But only if they find a suitable replacement.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

But doesn't that also depend on the deadline day for the country that any incoming signing comes from? I mean, they can't buy a player from the PL in Feb as our window has shut by then.

Yes they can. Not really much point having a transfer window unique to your own league, is there?

They could still buy a PL player after our deadline. Sure it's been done before.

That's why I don't buy that reasoning.

I believe they can, the transfer window managers incoming transfers.

As far as I'm concerned the club should just be paying the extra €5m if necessary. They put themselves in this position by not arranging deals of their own before selling VVD....you can't have your cake and eat it (under those circumstances).

This may be news to some, but we can't just arrange deals on our own. There normally has to be a willing party on the other side of the table, who as a player we want, at a price we can afford.

We’ve offered what they want and Promes wants the move. If it falls through you really can’t blame Saints. I’m still confident it will go through.

Why leave it so late and not give them enough time to replace? This could have been sorted the first week of January or at the very least as soon as the Theo deal looked dead.

For me this comes down to us trying to drive a hard bargain (we ended up paying what they wanted anyway), where the cost of surival is worth a great deal more to the club.

If we end this window with only the one player, that will be another monumental **** up bu the board in transfer windows.

That is utter BS. Lazy journalism.

Russian transfer is open till the 24th of Feb, ample time to get a replacement.

If a deal is unlikely, it must be for other reasons

https://www.transfermarkt.com/transfer-statistik/transferfenster/statistik/stat/plus/0?art=w&kontinent_id=6&option=0

Pep's speciasl skill proven over the years is bringing the best out of his players and my guess is that if Redmond played under Pep his real ability would would surface and he would be a match winner. Our system has done the opposite to him and to other playerts, no wonder people want to leave.