Quincy Promes

CB Fry

Hopefully like the last few days with Carrillo, no news is good news.

In theory, if Promes had no desire whatsoever to join Saints then his agent would have told us and we would have walked away - so their must be some kind of willingness to make it happen on the right terms or if its the best gig in town for him and he wants to move now (although not sure why the urgency to do so).

Equally if he has a release clause then that helps not having to negotiate heavily with the Russians.

I still think Promes will likely wait until the summer and assess his options, so hopefully we have a backup.

Carrillo is a good signing IMO as we lack that profile of player. But alone he makes a static and slow attack even slower, so to have the best mix then we need the pace and directness, as well as the goal record, that Promes would bring.

Lets see what happens, but no news may be good news, especially as we havent been linked strongly with others in his position.

Still think it's more likely this one won't happen. My worry is that he's waiting for a better offer so may keep is waiting until last day of window and then turn us down leaving us in the ****.

Think we probably need to give him a deadline and if he doesn't sign then move on to other alternatives.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

If we were to get this chap in, how soon would he be up to match fitness? because since 2012 I believe the Russian league has a mid winter break from December until March. So there is a likelihood that he going to be a bit rusty and not be straight out of the box ready.

True, but as earlier mentioned they play a load of friendlies abroad to avoid this being a factor when they return to the league

Lucas moura should be our alternative option here, looking for more game time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Apparently Neymar and Cavani aren't too happy in Paris either - perhaps we should go for them as well.

Pellegrino confirmed Promes is a serious/genuine target for the club (in today's press conference). Sounded relatively hopeful but likely to go to the wire if it happens (paraphrasing)
Most deals happen late on in the window. Shame everyone is aware of our interest but not many teams have the money to spend that we do, certainly in the bottom half.

Hopefully we have a backup lined up incase it doesn't happen.

Most deals happen late on in the window. Shame everyone is aware of our interest but not many teams have the money to spend that we do, certainly in the bottom half.

Hopefully we have a backup lined up incase it doesn't happen.

Pellegrino claimed there’s a Plan B, in today’s press conference...

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamBlackmore/status/956528543558750208

According to Twitter Quincy has removed Spartak Moscow off his Instagram profile, but might not of been on there in the first place who knows

Why would he take it off his Instagram,but not his twitter account? Not that I understand these things

Schurrle is the obvious alternative here, and he is available for loan if not for an outright purchase... I would prefer him to Promes TBH...

For those who bemoan the lack of Premiership experience then he would solve that problem too.

Far too ambitious and obvious for for Reed. Buying someone with a WC winners medal doesn't have the same appeal as buying a reserve player no one had heard of a year ago and watching him develop in order for the media to fawn over the fabled black box.