Quincy Promes

CB Fry

Stoke made some useless signings last summer (according to Butland) Was that the work of Hughes? If so, oh dear.

Funny old world isn't it. Apparently loads of bad attitudes & they were left to 'get away with murder'.

Exactly the opposite of what Hughes has seemingly done here. #Boufal.

Stoke made some useless signings last summer (according to Butland) Was that the work of Hughes? If so, oh dear.

No that was the work of stoke - not Hughes on his own. After all he was in the hunt for at least a couple of our signings- just lost out in the end to us.

To be fair, I rated Zouma and Martins-Indi as good signings at the time. **** knows what happend to them.

No that was the work of stoke - not Hughes on his own. After all he was in the hunt for at least a couple of our signings- just lost out in the end to us.

Stoke supporters blame Hughes for all of their dud signings. It’s their most consistent complaint about him.

Stoke supporters blame Hughes for all of their dud signings. It’s their most consistent complaint about him.
It depends on the club structure. In most cases the manager has his wish list and the chairman tries to accommodate them but he will also have his own ideas.

When did they ever publicly state that there was an agreement?

I can't find anything either. Having a trawl through Twitter from back on 31st January and the following stood out....

Simon Peach - Saints really want Promes & keen to tie up deal in the summer if not now.

Adam Blackmore - Southampton’s signing of Quincy Promes looks set to be delayed until the summer. Happy to pay fee, player happy to come, but Spartak Moscow can’t replace him in this window and are set to block the move for now. Saints hope to get agreement on a summer move.

Hughes history of signings at stoke was pretty dire. Of the list from 5 years i’d Say only Allen, shaqiri &indi stood out.

Our transfer record looks a lot better by and large over that period even including letting our last manager buy he’s favourite £20m Turkey. No desire to see Hughes suddenly have complete dominance over our transfer approach.

Hughes history of signings at stoke was pretty dire. Of the list from 5 years i’d Say only Allen, shaqiri &indi stood out.

Our transfer record looks a lot better by and large over that period even including letting our last manager buy he’s favourite £20m Turkey. No desire to see Hughes suddenly have complete dominance over our transfer approach.

Can't be any worse than Carillo, Pied, De Ridder, Mayuka, Tandari Lee, That quick Spanish striker who scored a goal past Barcelona, Osvaldo, Gaston......................... I'll stop.

Can't be any worse than Carillo, Pied, De Ridder, Mayuka, Tandari Lee, That quick Spanish striker who scored a goal past Barcelona, Osvaldo, Gaston......................... I'll stop.

He's had lots of equally bad & he's had nowhere near the same successful percentage of successful, let alone hyper successful as Saints have had.

• 3 weeks later...
we don't need any fancy dan players. Surely we have learnt our lesson. Lets get good solid footballers who care, rather that the Boufals of the world

This is ART-levels of delusion. Are you hiding your pills?

Adam Blackmore and Simon Peach both indicated a deal had been agreed but was delayed until the summer as CSKA needed time to find a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which I think we all knew at the time was club spiel, distributed to their favourite journos to try and appease the fans.

I remember the chatter when we sold VVD.

We wanted Mawson, Promes, Wallcott, Tosun to name but a few - those names were also linked to our favoured journos. The fact is that we ended up splurging £20m on someone not suited to us what so ever.

Edited by S-Clarke

Which I think we all knew at the time was club spiel, distributed to their favourite journos to try and appease the fans.

We wanted Mawson, Promes, Wallcott, Tosun to name but a few - those names were also linked to our favoured journos. The fact is that we ended up splurging £20m on someone not suited to us what so ever.

If any sort of assured agreement to buy Promes existed, the club would have advertised it for the PR opportunity during an otherwise terrible transfer window (as Liverpool did with Naby Keita).

We wanted Mawson, Promes, Walcott, Tosun to name but a few - those names were also linked to our favoured journos. The fact is that we ended up splurging £20m on someone not suited to us what so ever.

Don't forget the Triple-S brigade: Sessegnon / Shaw / Sturridge

I thought it was only fans in La La Land thought that most believed that CSKA Moscow did not want to sell as they had no replacement.

It probably happens quite a lot clubs not wanting to sell their better players with having a suitable replacement but fans with no knowledge of the situation believe fake news

I thought it was only fans in La La Land thought that most believed that CSKA Moscow did not want to sell as they had no replacement.

It probably happens quite a lot clubs not wanting to sell their better players with having a suitable replacement but fans with no knowledge of the situation believe fake news

we do it quite regularly

Staying up slightly masks just how absymally **** that January window was.

I'm not convinced that the wee boy has ever had a good window at Saints, so very low faith about this one.

Ross Wilson was at the club when we signed...

van Dijk

Cedric

Gabbiadini

Lemina

Hojbjerg

Austin

Romeu

McCarthy

Bednarek

Sure the club have had some **** ups in that time as well, but the above list are all good signings.

Staying up slightly masks just how absymally **** that January window was.

I'm not convinced that the wee boy has ever had a good window at Saints, so very low faith about this one.

our window will be very underwhelming and cement our place fighting for 17th.