Quincy Promes

CB Fry

If those reports are true, and the stated €30m clause is also true then we are very close to that so would assume we will up our offer and get it done if there is a willingness from the player.

To rake in the VVD cash and then lose out on Promes for the sake or 2 or 3m would be a shame.

Taken from UI:

So I took my son to his first ever game - he's 3 and it was cheap enough to try it out. After 30 mins he was ready to go (and fair enough, so was I, we'd seen the goal and the game was getting turgid). So we left around 35 mins and ambled round to the shop as he wanted a Sammy Saint - the shop was shut as I thought, but anyway ...

At this time, a car with foreign plates pulled up and someone who looks like Promes got out with two others. They sheepishly went round to the front as I stared at them.

Showed my wife a picture on the phone and she said "yep I'll give you that, definitely looks like him".

Then back down on Ocean Village where I'd parked were 5 women speaking an unknown (to me) foreign language - one filming OV on her mobile and they were by Leaders (I think it's Leaders). Who films Ocean Village on a mobile!? Anyway, did a search "Quincy Promes girlfriend". And snap, looked like her.

No pics - I was busy steering a cross 3 year old away from the shop that was closed :(

If it was him though, I'm pretty sure the top part of his hair was dyed red (i.e. the bit on his head above closely shaved sides)

Apparently, and I am not even sure what 'Insta' is, my nipper claims his wife has done an 'Insta' of her at ocean village. So maybe a lot of truth in this sighting.

Spartak Moscow is still looking in Italy, after Maksimovic the Russian club is looking for a possible substitute for Quincy Promes in Serie A (which could go to Southampton). In addition to Hanni (who made the visits to Rome) we follow Taarabt from Genoa, the first contacts have begun. Not to be excluded then the name of Ljajic of Turin, despite the closure of Cairo.

At least he won't be put off by the cold weather.

He's Dutch, was born in Amsterdam, their weather is no better than ours, probably colder on average.

-------------

The media seem all over the place with this, some saying we are close and he is keen, but it's the fee that is holding it up, others saying he is waiting for a bigger club.

Dont trust the Russians...they WILL double the price at the last minute

Won't the release clause prevent this?

Not to say his club won't look to change the terms of a deal ie more upfront at the last minute, but I thought the fee might be set as the release clause.

He's Dutch, was born in Amsterdam, their weather is no better than ours, probably colder on average.

-------------

The media seem all over the place with this, some saying we are close and he is keen, but it's the fee that is holding it up, others saying he is waiting for a bigger club.

In other words, situation normal - they know very little but will print anything they find in a tweet.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I cannot get into my head how people will sit at home, and make transfer rumours up on twitter. I mean, what makes you want to do that? I can think of a lot more things I could be doing if I was bored one evening at home.

Incognito mode...

Same sort of reason as people who pay for bot followers to make their Twitter account look like it has a lot of followers. It's the modern day equivalent of making up bullshîte stories in pubs to give themselves an important sort of chap aura.

Don't want to be a killjoy but I really can't see this happen now. Transfers from Russian clubs are complicated and time is running out. If I am correct and we just sign Carrillo I shall be a tad disappointed in the window, as I don't really think we have strengthened in the priority positions, particularly pace wise up front. Also I am worried that mentally the current players (while probably good enough) aren't mentally tough enough for the forthcoming battle.

If Promes doesn't come maybe Sims will get a chance and surprise us?

Anyway hopefully me writing this will be trigger Promes heading for Malaga airport later today - his signing would galvanise us all.

-------------

Sunny here today but fresh around 6C

According to Patred on the UI he's off to Everton so I don't think we'll need to learn how to pronounce his name, we can just call him ****re

Don't see what Everton would want with Promes. Anyway Patred is a bit of a serial failure when it comes to knowing anything about anything really. One of those people who just make crap up to seem important.

According to Patred on the UI he's off to Everton so I don't think we'll need to learn how to pronounce his name, we can just call him ****re

I very much doubt Everton would need/want Promes. Hope not anyway - lets be honest here, if they want him they will get him.

Our best/only hope of getting Promes is if his agent fails to entice any other club interest.

I very much doubt Everton would need/want Promes. Hope not anyway - lets be honest here, if they want him they will get him.

Our best/only hope of getting Promes is if his agent fails to entice any other club interest.

Everton have quite a few journos on twitter who post up frequently on latest news....not one has mentioned it yet. Not saying its not true but they are usually accurate .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If Carrillo is our only incoming then it’s hard to argue we’ve had anything other than a shocking window. When you look at our direct relegation rivals securing quality players like Sturridge (even on a short term basis) then it doesn’t look good for us at all. Fingers crossed we can get Promes but doesn’t sound too likely and doesn’t sound like we’ve got a back up plan at this point.

we have had a mare this window so far

We have had a mare all season. It started with appointing MP, it continued with our style of play, that progressed to our results, the issue of VVD and then this window. It'll culminate in our relegation and what annoys me more than anything is that every bit of it was avoidable.