Quincy Promes

CB Fry

We can dream can't we?

Well worth his own thread. If we do sign him, it's a better signing than Walcott in my opinion.

And an actual track record of scoring actual goals.

Please can people post YouTube videos so I can get more excited.

I can't see how this can happen, he's quality. Exactly the sort of player we should have looked at to replace Mane first time round (as well as Sisto). Pacey, direct, got a bit of strength about him, tricky, goal record. Closest match to mane we could realstically attract.

Let's see how this pans out.

I can't see how this can happen, he's quality. Exactly the sort of player we should have looked at to replace Mane first time round (as well as Sisto). Pacey, direct, got a bit of strength about him, tricky, goal record. Closest match to mane we could realstically attract.

Probably with a limp & admission we actually couldn't afford him ;)

Any idea what his wages are like in Russia?

Exactly......but we went for Redmond instead :mcinnes:

Possibly the only way to compare is performances in same things.

For their country;

Theo 47 apps 8 goals

Quincy 23 apps 4 goals

Europe

Theo 72 apps 21 goals

Quincy 7 apps 2 goals

In their league careers;

Theo 421 apps 113 goals

Quincy 198 apps 89 goals.

Different standard leagues of course.

I think they appear to be similar but I think Primes may well have a better instinct for the goal!

I hope this happens.

Unless his agent is a complete idiot, he would be mad to suggest us as a good bet. A year ago yes, now no. Unless it's purely for financial reasons.

Unless a five month cameo with us could be seen as an audition for one of the big 6.

But no , can't see it happening.

We can dream can't we?

Well worth his own thread. If we do sign him, it's a better signing than Walcott in my opinion.

And an actual track record of scoring actual goals.

Please can people post YouTube videos so I can get more excited.

You've already broken this story CB what are your ITK contacts telling you about tomorrows game? Which new signings will be in the crowd come on I need to know so I can spill the beans on twitter..

Unless his agent is a complete idiot, he would be mad to suggest us as a good bet. A year ago yes, now no. Unless it's purely for financial reasons.

Sometimes players have a belief that they can make enough of a difference to push a team up a level. If this guy is as good as he appears and we had him all season playing instead of Redmon, for example, I believe we would be higher than we are right now.

Id be careful judging players on time in the Russian league. The standard is at best average.

Look at Oumar Niasse and Ahmed Musa (even Seydou Doumbia) all banged them in but struggled in the premier league.

6 goals in 12 games this season. Oddly overlooked by Koeman.

Id be careful judging players on time in the Russian league. The standard is at best average.

Look at Oumar Niasse and Ahmed Musa (even Seydou Doumbia) all banged them in but struggled in the premier league.

Such is our predicament, that I'd probably welcome Niasse.

Better or worse than Scotland?

I would love to be proved wrong,..... but tyre kicking diversion process.

Yep I'm sure we genuinally want to sign him ...... but we will be nowhere near his clubs or his demands, and no intention of matching them!!

This is the crux of it, it’s all very well for the club to leak snippets that we are interested in a certain player to please the fans.

Getting those to join is a totally different matter

I would love to be proved wrong,..... but tyre kicking diversion process.

Yep I'm sure we genuinally want to sign him ...... but we will be nowhere near his clubs or his demands, and no intention of matching them!!

He's apparently only on 3m euros salary (~£50k/wk) so we can easily bump that up.

In April 2016 he was made the highest paid player at 2.7 million € per year he may have had pay rise since then but wouldn’t of thought he would of doubled

Who really knows the truth? Those Russians do have a record of paying top wages in order to lure very good players to Ро**и́я...

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/southampton/in-focus-southampton-need-quincy-promes-to-take-a-pay-cut-to-secure-30m-deal

The owner of Promes' club, Spartak in an interview with Reuters:

Fedun did not disclose the club’s budget but said it was equivalent to that of the “top two or three teams of England’s Championship”.

He said Spartak could not compete with European clubs for the acquisition of elite players because salaries had skyrocketed.

“We are witnessing huge inflation in soccer,” he said. “In these conditions, it is impossible to compete with the West with Russian means.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-sport-soccer-spartak/spartak-moscow-owner-says-would-not-sell-the-club-idUSKCN1BV2KP

I'd suggest we can pay a better salary than they are. Spartak are under some financial stress at the moment.

https://www.sport-express.ru/football/rfpl/reviews/promes-i-sautgempton-realen-li-transfer-1361849/

Bit of an update here.

- Promes has a €30m release clause

-He is on around £66k a week at Spartak, the proposal from Saints currently is £49k a week. Not sure whether that is net or gross.

- Promes gets around 15% of any transfer.

- "Promes is not too happy with the prospect of a struggle for survival - both this season and in the future. But there is a version with a flight.

We need to pay tribute to the attacker: he would like to be, if not the top club, then at least in the team that claims every year for places in European competition. The current "Southampton" to such clearly does not apply. And it's impossible to buy a football player against his will."

- Spartak won't sell for less than the clause as they are in three competitions and could get Champions League

- "This season, Quincy is likely to end in "Spartacus." But whether the next one starts is a big question."

https://www.sport-express.ru/football/rfpl/reviews/promes-i-sautgempton-realen-li-transfer-1361849/

Bit of an update here.

-He is on around £66k a week at Spartak, the proposal from Saints currently is £49k a week. Not sure whether that is net or gross.

- "Promes is not too happy with the prospect of a struggle for survival - both this season and in the future. But there is a version with a flight.

We need to pay tribute to the attacker: he would like to be, if not the top club, then at least in the team that claims every year for places in European competition. The current "Southampton" to such clearly does not apply. And it's impossible to buy a football player against his will."

- Spartak won't sell for less than the clause as they are in three competitions and could get Champions League

- "This season, Quincy is likely to end in "Spartacus." But whether the next one starts is a big question."

Cheers for finding that & posting...

Still doesn't sound so promising though...

Bit of an update here.

We are offering £1k more a week than Jack Stephens is on :lol: