Quincy Promes

CB Fry

I wouldn't pay that amount for him............... unproven at prem level could be gash

No, no you've got it all wrong, the "fans" want a constant stream of new players, costing greater and greater sums. Whether they'll be of any use is neither here nor there..

Last year it was Boufal and then Gabbi followed by Lemina. None of them starts every game though. On the other hand those old faves JWP, Long and Davis start more often than not.

Think we need to accept that we are not going to get value for money. We've just sold a player for £75mill and are staring relegation in the face - we're going to get fleeced whoever we buy.

No point being tight fisted and end up relegated.

On the one hand, this. On the other, a £5M saving to the kitty allows us to maybe bring in another player, albeit from a lower level.

It looks like another bout of "blag the fans" , if we really want him pay the release clause and get him if not stop releasing names to the press with the aim of fooling fans that they had any intention of buying these stars !

It looks like another bout of "blag the fans" , if we really want him pay the release clause and get him if not stop releasing names to the press with the aim of fooling fans that they had any intention of buying these stars !

Would`nt want you involved in any negotiations for me...

If you go to buy a used car do you pay the first price put up by seller?

Players(in most cases) are priced to allow for negotiations.

BBC are reporting that he wants to come to us. If the rumours about him being at SMS for the Watford game are to be believed, then he has probably already agreed personal terms.

This latest 'rejection' seems to me to be just a standard part of any negotiation. We want to pay amount X, Spartak want amount Y, and we'll end up agreeing an amount somewhere in between. Just look at the number of bids that Arsenal had turned down for Aubameyang before it finally happened today.

I have no ITK credentials, but I'm fairly confident this will still happen. It seems to be too far down the line to fall through now.

No but it also doesn't take me a whole month to agree on a price ! When bidding on ebay if there is a buy it now price that is reasonable I generally buy it at that price so I don't miss out , not that me buying a car or anything from ebay has the consequences we will have to pay if we get relegated !

Think we need to accept that we are not going to get value for money. We've just sold a player for £75mill and are staring relegation in the face - we're going to get fleeced whoever we buy.

No point being tight fisted and end up relegated.

We could pay more and still end up getting relegated.

You can imagine how Reed negotiates.

LR: 23.8M

Moscow: 30m

LR: 23.9M

LR: 24M

LR: 24.1M

LR: 24.2M

LR: 24.3M

LR: 24.4M

LR: 24.5M

LR: 24.6M

LR: 24.7M

LR: 24.8M

Everton: 30M

Moscow: Sold!

Spartak are playing Les like the idiot he often appears to be. Let the player come and have a look around, get personal terms and stuff out of the way, make sure the fans know all about it to boot and then turn down every offer until they get whatever it is that they want .

Or there’s the Saints Web way. Us - “How much do you want for him?” Them - “How much have you got?” Us - “£75m”. Them - “Done!”

Or there’s the Saints Web way. Us - “How much do you want for him?” Them - “How much have you got?” Us - “£75m”. Them - “Done!”

Is that how you negotiate when someone holds you up at a cashpoint machine in Maidstone town centre on a Saturday night out pal?

Edited by shurlock

Do you honestly believe that people at the club are putting all this time into a transfer with no intention of seeing it through. So many hilarious conspiracy theories on here.

No but it also doesn't take me a whole month to agree on a price ! When bidding on ebay if there is a buy it now price that is reasonable I generally buy it at that price so I don't miss out , not that me buying a car or anything from ebay has the consequences we will have to pay if we get relegated !

If only there was an ebay for footballers. The transfer window would be so much easier.

That certainly seems to have been the Les Reed way with Carrillo. He paid a ridiculously high price for a player Monaco were desperate to get rid of, who nobody else wanted.

Do you honestly believe that people at the club are putting all this time into a transfer with no intention of seeing it through. So many hilarious conspiracy theories on here.

What time exactly are they putting in except leaking a few stories to the papers ? So many gullible's on here that will believe anything !

They have turned down 25m... Do keep up with facts before you troll

Except when you're buying a used car it's generally up for sale first, which Promes isn't. Spartak don't want to sell.

Unless you buy your cars by going round your neighbourhood, seeing a nice car on someone's drive and knocking on their door offering to buy it. Most people will tell you to eff off.

Except when you're buying a used car it's generally up for sale first, which Promes isn't. Spartak don't want to sell.

Unless you buy your cars by going round your neighbourhood, seeing a nice car on someone's drive and knocking on their door offering to buy it. Most people will tell you to eff off.

:rolleyes:

If he isn't for sale why are they asking for 30m then?

I don't want to be pessimistic but i'm counting down the hours until Adam Blackmore tells us it'll be a quiet night for Saints as their transfer business was wrapped up nice and early.

:)

And how we don't panic buy, we plan ahead, we don't over pay. At any one time we have a number of possible players in the pipeline. As demonstrated by our signing of Caracas (or whatever his name was) last January window.

Is that how you negotiate when someone holds you up at a cashpoint machine in Maidstone town centre on a Saturday night out pal?

I didnt think that you got to negotiate if you were being held up at a cash point. Perhaps they have a better class of villain where you live?

Pal.

:rolleyes:

If he isn't for sale why are they asking for 30m then?

Have we not established that there's a buy out clause in activity and that the figure is 30 million something or others ?

This is how release clauses work, you pay the exact sum and the player is free to move on no matter what the club holding the contract with the clause wants. Thing is it's usually all payable at once in that case. Clubs may however negociate a lesser sum and different terms but for that they have to want to do that. If they don't well it's pay up or tough titty.

Have we not established that there's a buy out clause in activity and that the figure is 30 million something or others ?

This is how release clauses work, you pay the exact sum and the player is free to move on no matter what the club holding the contract with the clause wants. Thing is it's usually all payable at once in that case. Clubs may however negociate a lesser sum and different terms but for that they have to want to do that. If they don't well it's pay up or tough titty.

This has come up a few times in the past. Some on here really struggle to grasp the simple concept of a release clause.

How do you know release clauses are usually payable up front? Surely it depends on the terms of the release clause in each contract doesn’t it?

How do you know release clauses are usually payable up front? Surely it depends on the terms of the release clause in each contract doesn’t it?

Because that's the way they work. A player literally buys his freedom, there is no never, never on release clauses. A club who which wants to sell may negaociate another sort of deal but if it's a straightforward release clause someone pays and the player is a free agent.