Quincy Promes

CB Fry

If this deal doesn't happen, there need to be changes in the board room.

IF we have offered £25m, we must see him as someone who can help the team move onward de and upwards, and help us to avoid relegation.

If we miss out on signing a player who we think will help, who wants to come here, who has a realistic release clause (based on our original offer), when the cost of relegation is estimated at £55-65 million, that would really fall into question the fitness of our board to run the club. It is a ridiculous game of poker we are playing that we ready not need to be on nvolved in.

@adamleitchsport: Quiet deadline day for #saintsfc now. Promes deal all but off. Spartak wanted entire release clause up front, which is unacceptable for most clubs. Negotiations found an agreeable compromise, Promes wanted to join, but Spartak unable to find a replacement so won't sell.

@adamleitchsport: Quiet deadline day for #saintsfc now. Promes deal all but off. Spartak wanted entire release clause up front, which is unacceptable for most clubs. Negotiations found an agreeable compromise, Promes wanted to join, but Spartak unable to find a replacement so won't sell.

Calm & confident?

5 Pledges.

Black Box.

MoPe has a great personality.

#AwesomeGoSaints!

So basically as reported earlier Spartak didn’t want to let him go really so have never really intended to sell this window and have now made their excuse and we’ve been chasing a ghost yet again just like the horrific alderweireld saga

Or it’s all been bull anyway and the intention has always been to sit on as much of the 75mil for as long as possible. Unambitious assholes slowly dragging us down from the top is how it has looked for a couple of years now.

What a ****ing pathetic window from us again.

This is so so frustrating - we are crying out for pace and we've known this for months, why wait until the last day.

If Spartak had a caveat that they wanted to replace Promes before selling then we should have been looking for other options too - safe in the knowledge that we would be able to bolster sufficiently.

Classic.

the club really know how to play the fans. VVD was sold before the window opened. We knew that we needed players in and should have got those in place before the news came out and also to be ready for the crucial games this month.

I wonder if the board realise they have messed up big time and cant risk spending that money and so make a convenient backtrack. Blame the Russians to take the heat off them

Ah I hate that quiet day bull****. Bit of club PR in there as well throwing the ''it would be unacceptable for most clubs to pay the fee up front, so we've done well to get this far'' kind of thing.

But it seems as if the official line fed from our side is that Spartak couldn't get a replacement, but that's a weak line as their window doesn't close until late Feb, and their season doesn't restart until a couple of weeks time either. Push the blame onto the other party, we did all we could sir, we did.

The team is a little bit broken without pace.

Ah I hate that quiet day bull****. Bit of club PR in there as well throwing the ''it would be unacceptable for most clubs, so we've done well to get this far'' kind of thing.

The team is a little bit broken without pace.

More than a little Clarkey!!! Think tonight could be a real struggle! It will get toxic v quickly if we sit back as well! Still while there's hope

It's just bull**** excuses, surely we have other targets not just Promes?

Sounds like Spartak are simply holding out for Saints to meet the terms of the buy out clause... i.e. all the dosh up front.

The fact they appear to have negotiated a more palatable deal (from Saints perspective) looks like a smokescreen to me. In other words, looks like Spartak wanted to lead Saints to believe that a compromise deal could be reached but all along knew they could hold out for the full whack knowing how keen/desperate we are to sign him.

Just reading between the lines.

The question is.... Do we have a 'spare' £35m sitting in the bank that would allow us to go down the buy out clause route. We didn't get £75m up front for VvD, did we?

If we met a contractual release clause' date=' how can Spartak refuse to sell?[/quote']

The issue is I don't think we have met that release clause or are intending to hit that release clause. That's where the issue is, not with them signing replacements. In my opinion.

Agreed. Be interesting to know where in the world Promes is right now. Whether he's somewhere within easy reach of the UK' date=' if something does go forward, or preparing for Spartak's match today.[/quote']

I believe that Spartak's match today is being played in Southern Spain near Cadiz. For those really interested, it's the Estadio Municipal de La Línea de la Concepción.

So it’s either a case of incompetence or willful negligence from our board then. The only way Reed should keep his job now is by hiring a new head of recruitment and blame shifting, otherwise I think its past time we as fans start working to get this unambitious asshole out of our city along with his **** Yes Man manager.

Anderletch have signed a replacement for Hanni...Morioka is the player.

Does this mean Hanni now can go to Spartak....Promes to SFC?

Meh....it’s all PR spin I suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or perhaps we could sign this Hanni fella instead, if he's any good?

If we met a contractual release clause' date=' how can Spartak refuse to sell?[/quote']

I think the point is that the release clause is only met if the money is all paid up front. If we do that, Spartak are forced to sell. If we don't, then they have the right to turn us down if they can't find a replacement.

VVD's picture with a Liverpool shirt had a bloody Christmas tree in it - that is how long Saints have been pottering about.

'Difficult Market' - not that difficult that clubs around us have managed to strengthen - Guido Carillo might well be excellent but he would only be part of the puzzle.

I've not felt this frustrated in a long time about Southampton Football Club - we shouldn't be where we are and we shouldn't be waiting until 11.11 on the last day to realise that the Promes deal won't happen.

Pretty sick of it to be honest - will always support and follow SFC but today can be marked under an annoying one to say the least.

We haven't, apparently. We've met the lesser fee that Spartak originally agreed to.

I agree with trousers - it seems to me that they are just holding out to see if they can squeeze us for the full buy-out fee.

Hope Les and Wreck-It-Ralph are wearing tin hats tonight as they will be on the receiving end of fans displeasure if we don't win which is probable given our dreadful winless run and inept manager.

5 weeks to get someone with pace which was an obvious requirement for months. To leave it to the last day with seemingly no plan B stinks.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I really don't get why our fans are always having a go at Redmond. We need him to get his confidence back as he is going to be the player with pace in the squad. If Pep thinks hes a good player and sis frustrated that he can seeRedmond not being allowed to play the way he is best at, why cant the fans give him some slack. He has been shackled by the tactics of our manager. Think of defence first is his way.

Ok fans don't like his perceived throwing his arms in the air,but that is because he cares IMO. He was involved in lots of the chances created but were missed. The glaring CA one againstHuddersfield the last I can recall. Had CA scored that we would not be where we are now.

Give Redmond a chance, if Quincy doesn't come we need him desperately to spark into life

At least Saints have offered the correct fee - but to late for Moscow to find a replacement. FFS why wait until the last day to get this sorted then - Ahhhhhhhhhh

cynical old me say that Saints will come out and say we have been trying but were unable to reach an agreement.

hoping that it will appease us fans.

I can never understand why it is left to the last minute when our failing have been blatantly obvious for a number of months

I am slowly losing patients with the regime running our club but what can I do I have followed Saints for 45+ years and people come and go but they will always be MY club

I really don't get why our fans are always having a go at Redmond. We need him to get his confidence back as he is going to be the player with pace in the squad. If Pep thinks hes a good player and sis frustrated that he can seeRedmond not being allowed to play the way he is best at, why cant the fans give him some slack. He has been shackled by the tactics of our manager. Think of defence first is his way.

Ok fans don't like his perceived throwing his arms in the air,but that is because he cares IMO. He was involved in lots of the chances created but were missed. The glaring CA one againstHuddersfield the last I can recall. Had CA scored that we would not be where we are now.

Give Redmond a chance, if Quincy doesn't come we need him desperately to spark into life

Of course he doesn't.

So are we to read from that the club have not lined up any plan B for this eventuality, which has seemed pretty likely all the way along? Surely there are other players out there we can target that have similar attributes to Promes if we are really ready to spend this kind of money? Very poor if we are just saying "well that's us done" now that Promes is off given the nature of our position in the league.

I'm optimistic still, as I feel it is just too far down the line to fall through completely now, but I have no ITK credentials so don't take my word for it.

Ok thanks mate. I'm in the optimistic group too! Like I said above the player clearly wants to join and we have met the release clause so reckon it's Spartak playing games atm to try to get even more money out of us!

So are we to read from that the club have not lined up any plan B for this eventuality, which has seemed pretty likely all the way along? Surely there are other players out there we can target that have similar attributes to Promes if we are really ready to spend this kind of money? Very poor if we are just saying "well that's us done" now that Promes is off given the nature of our position in the league.
be very very very poor if we hung our hat on one player?

10:15

Promes to Southampton looking unlikely

Richard Winton

BBC Sport

Southampton are not confident of completing a deal for Spartak Moscow forward Quincy Promes before the window closes, with any deal now more likely to be struck in the summer.

The Russian club have rejected three bids for the 26-year-old Netherlands international, who BBC Sport understands has asked to leave Spartak during three separate meetings with the club president. The unsettled Promes also became embroiled in a training-ground fight this week.

Should the deal falter, Southampton are unlikely to look elsewhere at this stage.

This was on the BBC deadline day feed earlier. Disappointing if we don't now get Promes; sounds like he was actually quite keen to come, despite our league position.

Ok thanks mate. I'm in the optimistic group too! Like I said above the player clearly wants to join and we have met the release clause so reckon it's Spartak playing games atm to try to get even more money out of us!

According to reports, we HAVEN'T met the release clause. Rather, we've supposedly negotiated a lower fee that Spartak are happy with but on the condition they get a replacement. Hence the stalemate.